Do you play in 1st or 3rd person?

First or third person?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you primarily play in 1st or 3rd person?

• 1st person
    • 3rd person
    • both equally

Just wondering

If someone asks me which one Im playing the first thing I want to answer is "1st person". I really enjoy the ability to experience most of the things in this game through "my own eyes". It makes me feel closer to the character, like Im actually a part of the story, not just playing through it

Even so, I also often use 3rd person. Primarily when fighting larger groups of mobs or when clutter on the Screen becomes too much to bear. Its hard to know where youre going when there are spells flying around everywhere. I rather leave first person to know whats going on than die trying in first person (I constantly die anyway, even without restricting myself to 1st person ? ).. and sometimes I also just want to see my character I spend days on making. Ye.. 

How about you?

mostly 1st Person. I Also like to immerse myself at least a little bit when i am out playing the game seriously. 

Its not really the feeling i get tbh, its just how i always played any Elder scrolls title.

Only times i turn in 3st person manually  is when i check for clipping (have a little bit of perfectionism in that gegard ) or randomly for screenshots or in moment situation where i just want to see how my character looks at some locations or uses idle markers.

(on the other hand situations where i am happy to have third person is when riding a horse. Don't want to know how beth would have fucked this up.)

Combat: Mostly third-person and sometimes first-person. Especially in crammed areas.

Looting: Always first-person and never in third-person. Because you have to angle the camera in weird ways to loot something right in front of your character. And I've accidentally picked up stolen goods getting the guards attention as if I'm a thief! That's preposterous!

3rd Person 100% of the time. Before LL mods it was 100% 1st person, but now I want to see my character a lot more than I used to ?

Even though there are odd quirks with archery and looting, I have since started automatically correcting for these discrepancies. They don't pose issues for me anymore.

I prefer to use the Legend of Zelda/Dark Souls method whenever given the choice, that is to say, I use Third person for general actions and melee while I go to First Person for ranged combat (though I'll keep Crossbows and Gun Mods in Third Person, especially when using 3rd Person camera mods), be it in a BGS game, Dynasty Warriors or Grand Theft Auto 5 with its First Person Mode.

Skyrim does play better in first-person. It definitely feels like it's a first-person game that has an optional third-person perspective.

That said, I play third-person by default, because I really like being able to see my character in action. Will sometimes dip into first-person when looting or in inns/shops just so I don't accidentally steal anything.