Toys Poll  

865 members have voted

1. 1. The most important feature in Toys is...

• The toys themselves
    • Toys Effects & Buffs, incl. transformation & unique escape methods
    • Toys "Love" features... Rousing, Fondle, Denial, Oversexed, Spontaneous Orgasm
    • Animations... Bound, Blind Fall, Spontaneous Orgasm, Signing, & Other
  2. 2. When using Toys, I normally have...

• Only Toys Framework installed
    • Toys + DD installed
    • Toys + ZAP installed
    • Toys + ZAP + DD installed

3 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Mods that have bad interactions with toys, beyond just removing them <--- we have nothing found for this list... yet

you do actually. the 4 or 5 i listed earlier with the "calls", it goes much deeper than this. the calls being made are usually part of some kind of approach scenario, like rape, enslavement, traps (DCL chest traps totally broke Bardal in ways i can't even begin to explain lol).. but I will send you a full list in detail in the next day or two. Pulled my back earlier today, so I am a bit limited in mobility right now.

16 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

you do actually. the 4 or 5 i listed earlier with the "calls", it goes much deeper than this. the calls being made are usually part of some kind of approach scenario, like rape, enslavement, traps (DCL chest traps totally broke Bardal in ways i can't even begin to explain lol).. but I will send you a full list in detail in the next day or two. Pulled my back earlier today, so I am a bit limited in mobility right now.

If I'm understanding correctly, approach scenarios have nothing to do with toys worn. Put it this way... You say DCL is breaking Bardal scenes, which does not surprise me... what has this got to do with Toys? I'd expect that if Bardal used DDs instead of toys, the same would happen.

11 minutes ago, Krynn said:

With me, the mouth does not stay open when I am gagged.
So in the LE version.

I don't know if this means you are using LE, so I will answer for both.

LE - Gag mouth wide open should be working. Nothing extra to install

SE - You would need to have installed MfgFix and Racemenu. Its in the instructions

If you have a mod that changes the head, there could be a conflict preventing it. Toys MCM, Effects Tab, lets you adjust the size of the mouth opening, it might help, you could try it at max of 100 first.

For further help, I'd need to see your papyrus log. There's a "how to get the log" in the FAQs if you need it. We need a log for a game session where you start the game, load a save, equip a gag, then exit to desktop, and grab that log to attach here.

3 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

I don't know if this means you are using LE, so I will answer for both.

LE - Gag mouth wide open should be working. Nothing extra to install

SE - You would need to have installed MfgFix and Racemenu. Its in the instructions

If you have a mod that changes the head, there could be a conflict preventing it. Toys MCM, Effects Tab, lets you adjust the size of the mouth opening, it might help, you could try it at max of 100 first.

For further help, I'd need to see your papyrus log. There's a "how to get the log" in the FAQs if you need it. We need a log for a game session where you start the game, load a save, equip a gag, then exit to desktop, and grab that log to attach here.

Sorry, my English is not that great.
Yes, I meant I play LE.
The DD gags actually all work, only with the Zaz versions I have the same problem that the mouth just closes with gag.

Thanks again for the detailed instructions, I'll post a log once I'm back in the game.

12 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

If I'm understanding correctly, approach scenarios have nothing to do with toys worn. Put it this way... You say DCL is breaking Bardal scenes, which does not surprise me... what has this got to do with Toys? I'd expect that if Bardal used DDs instead of toys, the same would happen.

As I said, it's more complicated than this. I summed up the results for you as I said I would do originally. If you want full details on all the scenarios and scenes that happened, I'd be more than happy to send it to you. AS I also stated earlier, it's not just about Toys here, it's how things work together, or in this case, don't work together. When I mean "break", I don't necessarily mean CTD's, or fatal errors. I mean they break quests, they break scenarios. The Bardal example was just one example (of many...), as I was in the middle of part of one of the scenes from Bardal (a mod from the Toys family). When I opened a chest in the house where I'm supposed to be "caught" by the guards, DCL traps triggered, and attached restraints as per the trap. When the guards came in, one of the jumped my PC and raped her. and after the rape DEC kicked in, and the guard who raped me, "sold" me to a friend of his, and then SD+ kicked in and i was sent to a vampire den. You can kind of see how things go from here.. Bardal quest ends up broken and can't be resumed normally. I had slavers remove my toys restraints to attach DD ones through DFW, the list goes on and on.

The whole point here, is how / what can work / play nicely with Toys and what can't. That's all.

But I'll send you the list with some examples in a few days. Just need t type it up, but sitting right now is a bit painful for long periods of time. so it will be slow.

All I am doing is trying to help, by showing you my experiences in trying to make things work, with what can and can't work together, so that others, like me, who like both frameworks, can know beforehand, what to expect and how to make it work, thats' all :)

3 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

All I am doing is trying to help, by showing you my experiences in trying to make things work, with what can and can't work together, so that others, like me, who like both frameworks, can know beforehand, what to expect and how to make it work, thats' all :)

This is good, and I appreciate it. All I'm trying to do help you do that.

The whole point here, is how / what can work / play nicely with Toys and what can't. That's all.

Since the focus is exactly that, as you have stated, I'm trying to help by pointing out where the issue is not related to the toy/device framework.

The Bardal example was just one example (of many...), as I was in the middle of part of one of the scenes from Bardal (a mod from the Toys family). When I opened a chest in the house where I'm supposed to be "caught" by the guards, DCL traps triggered, and attached restraints as per the trap. 

In this example, the issue is not related to the toy/device framework. It's between DCL and Bardal's only. Addressing it belongs on the Bardal's support thread and potentially Bardal's "mod conflicts" section. 

If Bardal's was using DD instead of toys, the exact same problem you described, would occur. See what I mean? You can't paint this as... "Toys content mods will have this problem with DCL".

So since its complex, I agree we should review the details and without making conclusions early.

Edited by VirginMarie

I mean they break quests, they break scenarios. The Bardal example was just one example (of many...), as I was in the middle of part of one of the scenes from Bardal (a mod from the Toys family). When I opened a chest in the house where I'm supposed to be "caught" by the guards, DCL traps triggered, and attached restraints as per the trap. When the guards came in, one of the jumped my PC and raped her. and after the rape DEC kicked in, and the guard who raped me, "sold" me to a friend of his, and then SD+ kicked in and i was sent to a vampire den. You can kind of see how things go from here.. Bardal quest ends up broken and can't be resumed normally. I had slavers remove my toys restraints to attach DD ones through DFW, the list goes on and on.

All that not have any relation whit Toys or whit any other mods. Some time ago I have exactly the same problem in a quest, i think from M'rissi, where i open a chest and DCL fire the trap and send my to a cave. The exact chest was in a special location, reachable only by a teleport, and can not be repeated in any way. That mean, the DCL trap completely break the quest and i'm be forced to load the saved game and disable DCL traps.

42 minutes ago, alex77r4 said:

All that not have any relation whit Toys or whit any other mods. Some time ago I have exactly the same problem in a quest, i think from M'rissi, where i open a chest and DCL fire the trap and send my to a cave. The exact chest was in a special location, reachable only by a teleport, and can not be repeated in any way. That mean, the DCL trap completely break the quest and i'm be forced to load the saved game and disable DCL traps.

There are many examples, in many mods, where one mod can break another's scene. This example is an obvious example. When this happens its an interaction between the 2 mods doing the 2 conflicting scenes, not a framework issue (unless its the framework playing the breaking scene).

YojimboRatchet explained it well by summarizing it as "some kind of approach scenario, like rape, enslavement, traps".

I'd describe it as... any case where a scene starts, where player controls are locked, without checking to see if the player is already in a scene.

These are very hard to deal with, but there are ways. With DCL you can use specific DCL features to either check its scene busy status, or tell DCL that your mod now has a busy scene. Toys offers tools for scene management to make this easier, and for mods to have a way to check. Toys and Toys content mods that I've authored, use this, thus it would be hard for DCL traps to break their scenes, or for their scenes to break DCL.

Edited by VirginMarie
14 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

There are many examples, in many mods, where one mod can break another's scene.

That is not as so easy as you say. Any mod can verify a lot of things but the main problem is the timing of the verification, where are made and what verification are made. And, of course, depend of the exact mod, the exact situation, the different configurations of the mods and the different mods mixed in the same installation.

In the situation i'm relating, nothing except disable DCL works, because the simple task of open a chest to get a item (a special diary) and go to the side wall to activate a lever, was practically impossible with DCL traps enabled because, having full arousal, the trap is fired by DCL with a 100% security. The original mod not play any scene, simply teleport you to a special location with a chest and give you a lever to exit. Is not a problem of scene cross execution 

Maybe, if DCL verify the location of the chest can skip launch traps in special locations, but that only can save us when the mod use special locations. I think the last versions of DCL now make that verification, but when happen to me, was years ago, nothing except change the configuration in the MCM of DCL solve the problem.

The update just now.... was just text on the main page, mentioning the patch that was released earlier this past week. There's nothing new today.

If the Toys MCM, or any MCM, does not show up on a new game, use the steps in Troubleshooting #4.  <--- updated with an available patch.

But now that you are here... If you are interested in innocent Halloween content, check out...

The Day of Tales and Tallows is Near here.

Edited by VirginMarie

Can you add an option to enable/disable the MSM for undressing the main armor\ clothing when equipping any device, regardless of its properties? I really want to use your mod, it's cool, but due to the fact that there is no automatic undressing, I have to use another "Deviously Enchanted Chests", and your mod is more interesting.

This mod seems to be working for me, except that I don't need keys to take off the restraints. The 'exotic bra' I have says it needs a 'tiny exotic key' to unlock, but I can unequip it normally from my inventory even without the key.

Edit: All toys can be unequipped at will. Their description says that they require keys. Is this a big or is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

Edited by Marajade
7 hours ago, gender65 said:

Can you add an option to enable/disable the MSM for undressing the main armor\ clothing when equipping any device, regardless of its properties? I really want to use your mod, it's cool, but due to the fact that there is no automatic undressing, I have to use another "Deviously Enchanted Chests", and your mod is more interesting.

Is MSM meant to be MCM or something else? Ether way, I don't understand the request.

You want the equipping of any toy, to strip main armor?  An option to turn this on in MCM?

If yes, there are some specific toys that strip, some strip on delay, some immediately, but most don't. The choice is up to the mod author making the toy, thus if a content mod wants to do this, they certainly can.

41 minutes ago, Marajade said:

This mod seems to be working for me, except that I don't need keys to take off the restraints. The 'exotic bra' I have says it needs a 'tiny exotic key' to unlock, but I can unequip it normally from my inventory even without the key.

Edit: All toys can be unequipped at will. Their description says that they require keys. Is this a big or is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

Let's first check that the mod is working. I'd say it's not, thus we have a installation problem or corrupt save.

On the main page, install instructions, do step 7. This is to confirm the basics are all good. See the line below step 7 too, as I think its your issue. Let me know how this goes and what you see.

Edited by VirginMarie
37 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Let's first check that the mod is working. I'd say it's not, thus we have a installation problem or corrupt save.

On the main page, install instructions, do step 7. This is to confirm the basics are all good. See the line below step 7 too, as I think its your issue. Let me know how this goes and what you see.

I think I figured it out. I'm using DCL too, and apparently if you have an armbinder Devious Device on it lets you take off toys for free. Once I took the armbinder off everything worked normally.

35 minutes ago, Marajade said:

I think I figured it out. I'm using DCL too, and apparently if you have an armbinder Devious Device on it lets you take off toys for free. Once I took the armbinder off everything worked normally.

Not correct behavior. Need to rule out installation issue first...

1. What happens when you do step 7 (the Toys MCM, Installation test)?
  2. Can you see a Toys MCM?
  3. Also can you confirm you started a new game after adding Toys? This is the requirement
8 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Not correct behavior. Need to rule out installation issue first...

1. What happens when you do step 7 (the Toys MCM, Installation test)?
  2. Can you see a Toys MCM?
  3. Also can you confirm you started a new game after adding Toys? This is the requirement

The test says it completed correctly. I can see a Toys MCM, I started a new game too. All of the toys seem to work properly in every other case, though I haven't tested it much.

11 hours ago, gender65 said:

If you are referring to getting stripped literally any time a toy is equipped on you, including when you equip it on yourself, that would be something that a content author would do instead of the framework.

If you are using Toyful Temptations by Scrab and want that mod to have that feature every time you get a Toy from it.  I assume you have it as it is the closest mod to Deviously Enchanted Chests that we have in the Toys family of mods.

23 minutes ago, mercplatypus said:

If you are referring to getting stripped literally any time a toy is equipped on you, including when you equip it on yourself, that would be something that a content author would do instead of the framework.

If you are using Toyful Temptations by Scrab and want that mod to have that feature every time you get a Toy from it.  I assume you have it as it is the closest mod to Deviously Enchanted Chests that we have in the Toys family of mods.

Dont think it does it rn but its on my todo list for when I get back to TT :)

3 hours ago, Marajade said:

The test says it completed correctly. I can see a Toys MCM, I started a new game too. All of the toys seem to work properly in every other case, though I haven't tested it much.

Ok then it sounds like you are in good shape, and I will try to recreate what you described.

An armbinder from DD prevents equip/unequip of most things, thus it could be conflicting with Toys trying to prevent you from removing without a key, since for Toys to prevent you, it has to catch you trying and put it back on. Thank you for reporting it.

Edited by VirginMarie

Everyone,

Anybody know of mod or asset for penis piercings?

One that would work well on most or all male thingdos? Our support is for SOS, for all the male toys, so must work for that as a minimum. One that would work when Flaccid or Erect. Position might matter here for compatibility, like a Jacob's Ladder might be easier to deal with than a Prince Albert :P

I'd try to get permission to use it, and add a new toy in Toys. It would be the male model for what you get when equipping the existing clit toys.

9 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Everyone,

Anybody know of mod or asset for penis piercings?

One that would work well on most or all male thingdos? Our support is for SOS, for all the male toys, so must work for that as a minimum. One that would work when Flaccid or Erect. Position might matter here for compatibility, like a Jacob's Ladder might be easier to deal with than a Prince Albert :P

I'd try to get permission to use it, and add a new toy in Toys. It would be the male model for what you get when equipping the existing clit toys.

This mod came up when I searched for possible resources. It's an abandoned mod, but it has a minimal terms of use statement ("If you're going to use it, credit the author"). I haven't examined the assets in detail however; there may also be more mature assets out there. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I find anything else.

Edit - on further review, it looks like this mod's technical approach uses a baked in SOS penis. It may require testing to see if removing the reference mesh without changing any of the attributes of the piercing will allow it to play nice with a normal SOS asset (I assume the piercing would be in the same slot as a female genital piercing, whereas the SOS penis would be in slot 52). I'm not awake enough however to give a confident assessment if this would work or not.

One last update, Vector Plexus appears to have a more mature male piercing mod on their site. The assets are for the SAM body, but might be portable to the vanilla SOS body with minimal difficulty (I believe SAM bodyslide has an SOS vanilla preset). Still just Prince Alberts though - I'm not seeing anything more elaborate so far. 

Edited by gregaaz
52 minutes ago, alternateaccounts said:

The 'bratty heels exotic' are invisible (feet invisible too) when equipped. Can anyone confirm?

On SE btw.

This means you have not downloaded and installed the Toys bodyside package appropriate for your body. Without it, you will have many "fit" problems too. See instructions on the main page, and use the FAQ that it points you to.