Toys Poll  

865 members have voted

1. 1. The most important feature in Toys is...

• The toys themselves
    • Toys Effects & Buffs, incl. transformation & unique escape methods
    • Toys "Love" features... Rousing, Fondle, Denial, Oversexed, Spontaneous Orgasm
    • Animations... Bound, Blind Fall, Spontaneous Orgasm, Signing, & Other
  2. 2. When using Toys, I normally have...

• Only Toys Framework installed
    • Toys + DD installed
    • Toys + ZAP installed
    • Toys + ZAP + DD installed

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

You've proven the save is corrupt. No tool can do that, but this test can and did.

No need to change anything, you just confirmed that a new game alone is the solution. Solution is use the new game. 

Do make sure the MCM Install tests are still working. Also make sure your mod manager is not changing things on you without realizing it. For example Vortex has auto sort on by default. Something did change since you started this game, otherwise the save would not be corrupt. You want to avoid having that happen again.

I figured out what the problem was with my save, it is now fixed.

Spoiler

I had the Shame Effect enabled in SexLab Sexual Fame.

So after my character was stripped, the shame effect animation played and Toys could not recover from that.

Disabling this mechanism allowed the scene to play normally.

Edit: TDF Aroused Idles can cause similar issues if it is enabled for the player.

Edited by sen4mi

However... I may have screwed up the Toy Story quest line. (Or maybe this is intentional -- I do not know....)

In Nightly's test chamber, I approached the platform on the left and activated the statue, and then moved away and back and got a second request to activate the statue, and I activated it a few times.  That part of the quest seemed to wrap up ok, but now I have been experiencing spontaneous orgasms with 0 arousal (or 32, either of which is well below what I have configured which was 100).

Is this how it's supposed to work?

Edited by sen4mi
17 minutes ago, sen4mi said:

In Nightly's test chamber, I approached the platform on the left and activated the statue, and then moved away and back and got a second request to activate the statue, and I activated it a few times.

Working as intended. If you move away before the trial is done (including the spontaneous orgasm it triggers), then you have to start over.

17 minutes ago, sen4mi said:

I have been experiencing spontaneous orgasms with 0 arousal (which is well below what I have configured).

Spontaneous orgasm triggers, and waits in a cue to actually play. This is so that if you are "busy" it does not interrupt, thus it will sometimes play in delay. So yes it can play when your arousal is 0, but it would have needed to be high enough in the past half minute or so, or during a period where you were busy. Busy includes combat, and many other things including being in a scene. 

I'd say playing when arousal is 0 very rare on default settings, but not impossible. For example it could have cued up while you were in a sexlab scene, where sexlab took your arousal to 0 by the time it ended.

Edited by VirginMarie
On 11/15/2021 at 3:10 PM, VirginMarie said:

In Summary, I think your problems are:

• You need to start a new game, your save is very corrupt, apparent by script stack dumps
  • You have exceeded max animations

So I've done a lot of testing and found a few things I had wrong.  I got the animations down so FNIS doesn't complain.  I had 126 MCM's registered and 124 visible with no clue there was a limit until i read your post, so i got that down to 118.  New game still has the stack dumps and they seem to be 1min 50sec apart.  Hot&Wet MCM still shows nothing.  Shout MCM all works except test button.  Click it and nothing happens, then mouse over another setting and the help text at the bottom stays on the test button text, doesn't change.  Toy Story MCM is the same, all works except all the test buttons do nothing.  All the other 115 MCM's work.  Vebose is on but the only log entry is in paprus at startup when toys initializes and in the stack dumps.  Still no animation on standing stone click but no notification text either now.  But hey progress, I no longer run through the ground.

Next step is the sledge hammer approach.  Make a minimal working build with toys and start adding back mods until it breaks.

1 hour ago, onen said:

So I've done a lot of testing and found a few things I had wrong.  I got the animations down so FNIS doesn't complain.  I had 126 MCM's registered and 124 visible with no clue there was a limit until i read your post, so i got that down to 118.  New game still has the stack dumps and they seem to be 1min 50sec apart.  Hot&Wet MCM still shows nothing.  Shout MCM all works except test button.  Click it and nothing happens, then mouse over another setting and the help text at the bottom stays on the test button text, doesn't change.  Toy Story MCM is the same, all works except all the test buttons do nothing.  All the other 115 MCM's work.  Vebose is on but the only log entry is in paprus at startup when toys initializes and in the stack dumps.  Still no animation on standing stone click but no notification text either now.  But hey progress, I no longer run through the ground.

Next step is the sledge hammer approach.  Make a minimal working build with toys and start adding back mods until it breaks.

• Hot&Wet MCM still shows nothing - because what it's doing needs Toys to be alive
  • Shout MCM all works except test button - because that needs Toys to be alive the reset does not
  • Toy Story MCM is the same - same deal, the things that need Toys can't work because Toys is not running
  • Vebose is on but the only log entry.... well Toys has stop operating, so it's not going to log anything

What about Toys MCM, and the Toys MCM Install Test? You don't seem to mention this most important part. Does Toys not show up in MCM? There's a patch for that... see the install instructions, front page.

If that's not it, I agree you need to use the process of elimination approach, with each step using a new game. 

Toys V1.5a Has Released 

What's New 

• Expressions Overhauled
  • Visual & Physics Effects Overhauled

and much more. See Change Log

A significant release for Toy Story is out now too. This is Toy Story's exit from beta.

Toy Story is no longer on the same download page as Toys. It has it's own download page now HERE.... SE / LE

Important: Toys 1.4 Patch is now part of the main download.

If you have this patch, remove it, it's not compatible.

Edited by VirginMarie

About AE  /  Sexlab 1.64 for AE

I've added FAQ #8 to the FAQs Page. A copy of it below...

8. Can Toys be used with AE?   /   Can Toys be used with Sexlab's AE version 1.64+ ? 

Updated as of Nov 20... (will update this as I learn more)

• With Sexlab's AE version now out, this would imply that it's requirements are working too (SKSE, PapyrusUtil which comes with Sexlab, FNIS, MFG Fix)
  • Many people will have other mods with DLLs not yet updated for AE, so this might not be the time for you to switch to AE. You'd be eliminating those mods from your Load Order
  • Toys has not been tested with AE and Sexlab 1.64
  • AE has been getting hot fixes which lead to SKSE breaking again. SKSE then has to update which could in turn break mods like Sexlab 1.64
  • SKSE is still as of date above, considered preliminary. This means not ready for prime time
  • So we have many moving targets here, using anything in the realm of AE is experimental

Will Toys need any updating for AE? Possibly. It does not have a DLL to worry about, so it could mostly work as is, but I do expect some impact. I also expect potential impact to my other more complex mods.

My advise? Try AE if you enjoy the challenge. Don't go there if you want stability, give it more time.

Use AE at your own risk. Would love to hear what you find, trying it with Toys.

Toys will no longer periodically interrupt these mods when no gag mouth or Toys expressions is playing

I thought you completely forgot about this I mentioned that interruption occurs even when no gag is equipped, thank you.

Edited by NoJoker

I see that the modder Audhol is working with you on the animations for the Toys LE and SE mod.  I was wondering if he might be interested on working with Daifukuu on updating the mod "Get Stripped Again" by Bahow? He has given permission for people to work on his mod :)Daifukuu has said he is good at scripting so he would be able to do any scripting required for a future version of that mod but he doesn't know how to do animation work so he could use some help with it for the mod if anyone is interested in working with him on creating a new version of that mod.  I already posted a request in the Skyrim Adult Mod forums but I'm not sure if many people will see it before it's moved low in that list from new topics.  Anyway take care.  Just thought I'd ask ?.  The mod is here: 

3 hours ago, SkyTem said:

I see that the modder Audhol is working with you on the animations for the Toys LE and SE mod.  I was wondering if he might be interested on working with Daifukuu on updating the mod "Get Stripped Again" by Bahow? He has given permission for people to work on his mod :)Daifukuu has said he is good at scripting so he would be able to do any scripting required for a future version of that mod but he doesn't know how to do animation work so he could use some help with it for the mod if anyone is interested in working with him on creating a new version of that mod.  I already posted a request in the Skyrim Adult Mod forums but I'm not sure if many people will see it before it's moved low in that list from new topics.  Anyway take care.  Just thought I'd ask ?.  The mod is here: 

Hehe yes a cute mod from ages ago, Get Stripped. I've used some of its animations in SLaVE.

Only problem I had with it... it is not trying to be aware of other scenes in other mods, thus interrupts anything. Sexlab scenes, SLaVE scenes, anyone's scenes. It should check for player controls locked and a few other tell tale signs before starting its stuff. Also it should use Toys! Toys would take care of that even.

@audhol is now officially pinged to see your request.

Daifukuu has read about those issues and he says he's good at scripting.  He might know how to fix those problems.  I just know the mod was abandoned for awhile and Bahow gave permission a few months ago for other people to work on it.  I don't really know how to contact Audhol directly so I contacted you.  Is there a way to look for mods made by a specific author in the search menu?  If Audhol is interested he or you could ask Daifukuu what he would want to do with it.  I don't know anything about making mods myself but I have always liked the Get Stripped Again! mod.  Toys would be good to use with this if it solves Get Stripped's problems ?.  It's a shame the mod was simply abandoned. The mod has potential if people simply want to work on it.  Other people have posted they would really like it if it someone started working on it again ?.  "Oh and btw.  I posted some ideas for it in that forum on what might be good in a future version of that mod ?.  Thanks for the reply and have a good evening.  Hope that Audhol is interested ?

Edited by SkyTem
13 minutes ago, SkyTem said:

Is there a way to look for mods made by a specific author? 

Hover over Aud's name above where I @ pinged him. Click Find Content. Then you can go to "Files" and see if they published any mods. You can't find mods that they co-authored though. Audhol worked on Toys, SLaVE, and Toy Story, for example.

Well, first of thanks for Toys, SLaVe, etc. I greatly appreciate your work. Now with that said on tot the bad part. ;)
Expression overhaul: Since there is no MCM option for it, is there a quick way to kill the "Expressions Overhaul"? (Using SSEdit, etc?) Frankly, I dislike it ... very, very, much. Enough to consider going back to 1.4 if there is no way to get rid of this otherwise. Some expressions are ok, but I don't like most of 'em and having them linger is a nonstarter.

36 minutes ago, Talesien said:

Well, first of thanks for Toys, SLaVe, etc. I greatly appreciate your work. Now with that said on tot the bad part. ;)
Expression overhaul: Since there is no MCM option for it, is there a quick way to kill the "Expressions Overhaul"? (Using SSEdit, etc?) Frankly, I dislike it ... very, very, much. Enough to consider going back to 1.4 if there is no way to get rid of this otherwise. Some expressions are ok, but I don't like most of 'em and having them linger is a nonstarter.

Its entirely scripted so there's no XEdit tricks. The Open Mouth for gag, and the other facial expressions are all done by one function. Can't turn off Gag Mouth, thus it was not going to be simple to have an MCM option.

I do plan to add MCM control, such as a chance of expression slider, which if set to 0, you'd be turning it off, except for gag mouth.

Now that said, you should be able to control it to your liking in Sexlab as is...

Toys is not doing gag mouth through Sexlab, but it does the others via Sexlab. They are called Pleasure, Joy, and Pain. In Sexlab you can edit them, right down to the fine details. I don't know if Sexlab lets you turn it right off, but you could probably zero everything out. Maybe what you want is to improve them to your liking.... have the eyes change, but not the mouth, etc.

I should mention that in my testing, Sexlab expressions settings can break expressions (not just for Toys but for itself). I don't know what setting(s) break it, nor if its just one of the recent versions. I saw this in beta8 and beta9, and not tried the latest. Defaults you get in a new game, untouched, work for me. So careful, if you try messing with the settings, you will want a save you can revert back to. The troubles I've had don't show up right away.

And finally, while we are at it.... What's the problem with them?

Just don't like the look? Or is it not working? Or are you using another expressions mod that is conflicting? You mention the linger in particular? Lingers too long? There's lots of random in all this so linger is not one fixed time.

On 11/22/2021 at 6:54 PM, VirginMarie said:

Its entirely scripted so there's no XEdit tricks. The Open Mouth for gag, and the other facial expressions are all done by one function. Can't turn off Gag Mouth, thus it was not going to be simple to have an MCM option.

I do plan to add MCM control, such as a chance of expression slider, which if set to 0, you'd be turning it off, except for gag mouth.

Now that said, you should be able to control it to your liking in Sexlab as is...

Toys is not doing gag mouth through Sexlab, but it does the others via Sexlab. They are called Pleasure, Joy, and Pain. In Sexlab you can edit them, right down to the fine details. I don't know if Sexlab lets you turn it right off, but you could probably zero everything out. Maybe what you want is to improve them to your liking.... have the eyes change, but not the mouth, etc.

I should mention that in my testing, Sexlab expressions settings can break expressions (not just for Toys but for itself). I don't know what setting(s) break it, nor if its just one of the recent versions. I saw this in beta8 and beta9, and not tried the latest. Defaults you get in a new game, untouched, work for me. So careful, if you try messing with the settings, you will want a save you can revert back to. The troubles I've had don't show up right away.

And finally, while we are at it.... What's the problem with them?

Just don't like the look? Or is it not working? Or are you using another expressions mod that is conflicting? You mention the linger in particular? Lingers too long? There's lots of random in all this so linger is not one fixed time.

Thanks for the pointers, I did try to mess with the sexlab expressions a while ago and came to pretty much the same results you did, it's ... well let's say not unproblematic. :(
It's for that reason I opted for lip sync rather than facial expressions in sexlab. Anyway I might give it another try, or maybe I will put my SLaV runthrough on hold until the next version which hopefully will sport the mentioned MCM option ... I will have to mull that over.

Well, mostly it's I don't like them, so pretty much down to personal taste I guess. I won't be surprised if others love it. Personally I find most of them overdone and unrealistic (yeah, yeah nothing in Skyrim is really realistic, twice if we add sexlab to the mix ... still some things irk me more than others). I've also never been a fan of the 'Ahego face concept' (to put it mildly ^^), so the lingering part is particularly irksome to me. Personal preferences as stated.

Thanks for the in depth answer, keep it up. ^^

Hello, first of all thanks for the great mod. But there is a problem for me. When Toys Framework is installed I can't use this piercing mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57131

Of course, first I tested the whole thing and it turns out that yes, that's the exact case of incompatibility. Then I checked in SSedit: Sharkish mod uses slots 55 and 60, so there shouldnt be any conflict. I tried for the sake of expiriment change piercings bodyslots. Now I can equip them but they don't show on the body. Is there any way to disable reservation of the bodyslots in Toys mod? 

Edited by kiberme
1 hour ago, kiberme said:

Hello, first of all thanks for the great mod. But there is a problem for me. When Toys Framework is installed I can't use this piercing mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57131

Of course, first I tested the whole thing and it turns out that yes, that's the exact case of incompatibility. Then I checked in SSedit: Sharkish mod uses slots 55 and 60, so there shouldnt be any conflict. I tried for the sake of expiriment change piercings bodyslots. Now I can equip them but they don't show on the body. Is there any way to disable reservation of the bodyslots in Toys mod? 

• Slot 55 is used by Toys... eyes/blindfold slot (and is standard on LL for other mods too). Toys would only block that slot if you have a Eyes toy worn... thus conflict would only be wearing a blind fold at the same time
  • 60 is not used by Toys
  • Toys does not touch the main body slot (32). There can be no case of making things invisible
  • There is no reservation of slots. Not sure what that would mean. Either they are in use, or they are not. If not wearing a toy in that slot, the slot is available for any mod to use

Without more specific info, I'd say Toys is not your cause of the problem.

First... consider the possibility that its a body fit problem (bodyslide issue). Nipple piercings if not fitting your body shape, can be buried inside the breast, thus you don't see them.

Next... If you have DD, maybe it's DD's device hider?

If its not those, use this test....

1. Start a new game (to rule out funky things like corrupt save, hidden devious devices, etc.)
  2. Get completely nekid
  3. Put on things from that mod? Do you see them? I bet you do. If you don't....
    1. Remove Toys temporarily from load order, and repeat steps above
    2. Still don't see them? Now you know the problem is not Toys. If removing Toys DID solve the problem, let me know

Edited by VirginMarie
4 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

First... consider the possibility that its a body fit problem (bodyslide issue). Nipple piercings if not fitting your body shape, can be buried inside the breast, thus you don't see them.

Next... If you have DD, maybe it's DD's device hider?

Thanks for a fast answer.

I already used this exact mod and this exact version of the mod (Sharkish piercing one) with zero issues. So no, that's not it. 

In this particular modlist I'm not using DD at all.

4 hours ago, VirginMarie said:
  • If its not those, use this test....
  1. Start a new game (to rule out funky things like corrupt save, hidden devious devices, etc.)
  2. Get completely nekid
  3. Put on things from that mod? Do you see them? I bet you do. If you don't....
    1. Remove Toys temporarily from load order, and repeat steps above
    2. Still don't see them? Now you know the problem is not Toys. If removing Toys DID solve the problem, let me know

All this things I already did myself before posting here to not bother you with trivial problems. 

1. I started a new game. Nothing. Same issue. I can't equip items from Sharkish Piercing mod. There is just "thump" and nothing happens. You probably know how it goes. 

2. I disabled all Toys mods and ONLY them. Started new game. Equipped Sharkish Piercings with zero issues. 

3. "I don't see them" problem appeared only when I experimented a little bit with SSedit to change bodyslots of several items from Sharkish Piercing mod. For example, when I changed nipple piercing item's bodyslot from 60 to 59 - it worked, the item got equpped but was invisible (I checked with free camera - it didn't get burried underneath the body; it really was invisible). It's just strange and maybe could give you some additional detail about a problem, but it's not the problem itself. The main problem here - is that I can't equip Sharkish piercings at all. Well, actually it's not comletely true. I can equip belly piercings which go into 55 bodyslot. 

So, if you are saying that Toys doesnt reserve any bodyslots then... it's the strangest thing. 

UPD: Ok, I tested the whole thing again (without Toys mods) and now only belly piercing is working, but not nipple ones. There is some shady shit going on, which is clearly has nothing to do with your awesome mod. I'm sorry, I won't be bothering you anymore.   

Edited by kiberme
4 minutes ago, kiberme said:

3. "I don't see them" problem appeared only when I experimented a little bit with SSedit to change bodyslots of several items. For example, when I changed nipple piercing item's bodyslot from 60 to 59 - it worked, but item was invisible.

the slot is also referenced in the nif. in my experience, if you are changing the slot, you need to change it in both the esp and the nif, or it will be invisible.

my two cents, and i can't help at all with the toys issues. :)

5 minutes ago, zarantha said:

the slot is also referenced in the nif. in my experience, if you are changing the slot, you need to change it in both the esp and the nif, or it will be invisible.

my two cents, and i can't help at all with the toys issues. :)

It doesn't help with mysteriuos incompatibility between Toys and Piercing mod, but it may help very much with editing Sharkish mod to make it work. Thank you. 

53 minutes ago, kiberme said:

Thanks for a fast answer.

I already used this exact mod and this exact version of the mod (Sharkish piercing one) with zero issues. So no, that's not it. 

In this particular modlist I'm not using DD at all.

All this things I already did myself before posting here to not bother you with trivial problems. 

1. I started a new game. Nothing. Same issue. I can't equip items from Sharkish Piercing mod. There is just "thump" and nothing happens. You probably know how it goes. 

2. I disabled all Toys mods and ONLY them. Started new game. Equipped Sharkish Piercings with zero issues. 

3. "I don't see them" problem appeared only when I experimented a little bit with SSedit to change bodyslots of several items from Sharkish Piercing mod. For example, when I changed nipple piercing item's bodyslot from 60 to 59 - it worked, the item got equpped but was invisible (I checked with free camera - it didn't get burried underneath the body; it really was invisible). It's just strange and maybe could give you some additional detail about a problem, but it's not the problem itself. The main problem here - is that I can't equip Sharkish piercings at all. Well, actually it's not comletely true. I can equip belly piercings which go into 55 bodyslot. 

So, if you are saying that Toys doesnt reserve any bodyslots then... it's the strangest thing. 

UPD: Ok, I tested the whole thing again (without Toys mods) and now only belly piercing is working, but not nipple ones. There is some shady shit going on, which is clearly has nothing to do with your awesome mod. I'm sorry, I won't be bothering you anymore.   

I saw your edit too late. Wanted to check out the mod anyhow.

There's no mysterious incompatibility between Toys and Piercing mod. There really can't be.

Here's belly and nipple working, with Toy Story's new bra...

20211127150720_1.jpg

You can see it in her eyes... It worked immediately!

DL'd... threw in vortex... build in bodyslide... did not start new game... I did place the new mod at the end of my load order. Boom.

• Your mod manager could be making a mess for you. People are deceived by the mod managers all the time. Don't trust them too much. If you use vortex, run purge, then redeploy. It screws things up if you don't do that sometimes
  • If you have been changing slots yourself. Maybe don't. No need to, just don't expect slot 55 things to work with blindfolds. All mods are like this. The slot is occupied or its not which is why I knew Toys was not your problem. There's no "reserving"

To Others As an aside...

This is a nice jewelry mod. Someone should get permission and make a Jewelry Toy Box out of it :D

Edited by VirginMarie