Toys Poll  

865 members have voted

1. 1. The most important feature in Toys is...

• The toys themselves
    • Toys Effects & Buffs, incl. transformation & unique escape methods
    • Toys "Love" features... Rousing, Fondle, Denial, Oversexed, Spontaneous Orgasm
    • Animations... Bound, Blind Fall, Spontaneous Orgasm, Signing, & Other
  2. 2. When using Toys, I normally have...

• Only Toys Framework installed
    • Toys + DD installed
    • Toys + ZAP installed
    • Toys + ZAP + DD installed

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

When you read the book, after you close it....

- You should be instantly stripped and 3 toys are equipped. The quest objective will also update

OR

- A pop-up message box will display, essentially telling you the quest can't proceed because you wear something that blocks

If neither of these occur, the Toys mod must not be installed correctly, so then we need to know...

1. Did you start a new game when you first installed Toys?
  2. Did you run the Toys MCM, first tab, Installation Test? Does that test succeed?

Toys is a Framework. It does not have its own quests. You install content mods for that. Toy Story (which is the main topic of your post) is a demo content/quest mod requiring Toys. Its short as its not out of beta yet, but you've not seen it work yet. There is much more to it. There are other quest mods that use toys. You can see them using the first link in my signature. These mods will also need Toys working.

So installed is all correct from my point of view.
Maybe I had already played the mod once, I really don't know anymore.
Never mind, thanks anyway for the quick reply! ? :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Krynn said:

So installed is all correct from my point of view.
Maybe I had already played the mod once, I really don't know anymore.
Never mind, thanks anyway for the quick reply! ? :classic_smile:

Its not possible that it was all installed 100% correctly. Already playing it once would not result in what you said. I was hoping to not lose your interest in Toys, and that you'd be able to answer these...

2. Did you run the Toys MCM, first tab, Installation Test? Does that test succeed?

Its also possible that Toys MCM is not showing up for you, in which case this is your problem. We'd find that out in #2. Then I'd point you to Troubleshooting #4

Edited by VirginMarie

Special Edition.

The continued mouth expression refresh when nothing from Toy is equipped is breaking my character's emotion (Face freezes, no blinking, no emotion whatsoever), I have MFG Fix and random emotion installed.

These lines from log is periodically being printed in short interval.

[Toys] Player is female
[Toys] Mouth Expression cleared

I don't think it's a good idea to reset character's mouth expression constantly when nothing from Toy is even equipped, it's probably going to mess with mods that deal with character facial expressions.

39 minutes ago, NoJoker said:

Special Edition.

The continued mouth expression refresh when nothing from Toy is equipped is breaking my character's emotion (Face freezes, no blinking, no emotion whatsoever), I have MFG Fix and random emotion installed.

These lines from log is periodically being printed in short interval.

[Toys] Player is female
[Toys] Mouth Expression cleared

I don't think it's a good idea to reset character's mouth expression constantly when nothing from Toy is even equipped, it's probably going to mess with mods that deal with character facial expressions.

Yes thank you, and I agree.

It's a side effect of a change made in the most recent release. This should only be occurring periodically if a Toys gag is worn, which was the case previously. Will fix in next release.

On 9/30/2021 at 8:47 PM, VirginMarie said:

They use a slot like anything. They are built in bodyslide, like anything that uses bodyslide (some toys do not use bodyside). Nothing special or different here.

• What does "will not equip" mean...
    1. How are you equipping? Do you use the Toys MCM Toy Boxes tab? Or do you manually do it from inventory?
    2. Do they show as equipped in the inventory view (you pics show they are not equipped, but I don't know if the pic was taken before or after)? Or are they actually equipping and just invisible?
    3. What about the Toys MCM Worn tab, do they show as equipped there, or not?
  • What is most likely, is that there is something already in the slot. Do you have DD installed? Is something for DD there, blocking? I'm doubting its DD, you'd know and see it, but still need to ask.

Sometimes other mods use the same slot as Toys. Slot 50 is used for clit, which is standard for mods on LL. But an accessory mod might use the slot, perhaps a jewelry mod but could be anything. You might want to start a new game, just as a test, and try equipping before anything else happens where you can be sure the slots are empty.

I will need your papyrus log to help further. How to get the log is in the FAQs. We want a log covering a game session where you.... Start up the game... load a save... try to equip a clit toy... confirm that it has the same problem... exit to the desktop... attach that log.

Well I managed to find the equipping issue on slot#50.  The 3bbb mod, using the key+ on number pad lets you change collision mode of breast from cbpc to smp.  So when the breast are on smp mode it equip that(picture below) to slot #50  Why 3bbb mod is doing that not sure.

Spoiler

2022340151_Screenshot(74).png.e18be1c9587f1dfa71939b80f359a387.png

And in the 3bbb MCM it actually allows you to change the body slot its equipping that to.  Gives you 4 choices, I changed to slot 60.

Spoiler

63636099_Screenshot(77).png.161c37b681d398fa544507ea7f5cceb4.png

So you where right, some mod has to be equipping to that slot #50.  Equipping all clit toys working fine now.  Thanks again.  In the future I'll reframe from jumping to your forum for troubleshooting issues,  but you are great help and really always have good answers. ?

4 minutes ago, leesjig said:

Well I managed to find the equipping issue on slot#50.  The 3bbb mod, using the key+ on number pad lets you change collision mode of breast from cbpc to smp.  So when the breast are on smp mode it equip that(picture below) to slot #50  Why 3bbb mod is doing that not sure.

And in the 3bbb MCM it actually allows you to change the body slot its equipping that to.  Gives you 4 choices, I changed to slot 60.

Nice find! Nice to know. I've never touched 3bbb MCM stuff so its new info for me.

4 minutes ago, leesjig said:

So you where right, some mod has to be equipping to that slot #50.  Equipping all clit toys working fine now.  Thanks again.  In the future I'll reframe from jumping to your forum for troubleshooting issues,  but you are great help and really always have good answers. ?

If you ever need to know what slots Toys uses, see Features - Section 3 - open spoiler - 3rd picture

DD and ZAP use the same slots, its the standard for most LL mods set long before I even joined LL. Shame on 3bbb for not observing this! :P but at least it lets you change its slot.

Please do jump to this forum for troubleshooting issues, if it relates to Toys. We all learn from it.

6 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

To Everyone

If the Toys MCM, or any MCM, does not show up on a new game, use the steps in Troubleshooting #4.

The info there has been newly updated. FNIS Spells can trigger a problem. See in the link for details.

If you have this problem, do not expect things to work.

Just a note, tried this plus a few of the related Toys mods for the first time this weekend - it looks interesting but the MCM issue appears to be breaking things still with the latest version for mee.

1. Using Special Edition

2. All pre-reqs installed (note using BakaFactory version of Aroused)

3. New Game

4. Not using FNIS Spells, using Alternate Start, updated Skyrim.ini with value for 2000.0, and tried console command to reload MCM

5. All the other mods MCM are showing up, all other non-Toys mods appear to be functioning correctly, but Toys MCM doesn't show up (other Toys mod MCMs are showing up)

6. Toys appear in game (Toy Story quest marker is there, items are available, but quest doesn't progress after reading book so it seems broken too)

7. Can also spawn in toys via console - they appear to be built correctly (can equip and they show up - but have no actual in game effects)

8. Tried saving and reloading, still no impact.

Not sure what else could be going wrong, no other mods having any issues as far as I can tell except the Toys Framework and related ones.

6 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Nice find! Nice to know. I've never touched 3bbb MCM stuff so its new info for me.

If you ever need to know what slots Toys uses, see Features - Section 3 - open spoiler - 3rd picture

DD and ZAP use the same slots, its the standard for most LL mods set long before I even joined LL. Shame on 3bbb for not observing this! :P but at least it lets you change its slot.

Please do jump to this forum for troubleshooting issues, if it relates to Toys. We all learn from it.

As a note, the 3BBB menu option has an option for Devious Device compatibility (maybe it's 60? don't recall which one), but without setting that the piercings in that mod don't work either.

3 minutes ago, Vbarding said:

Just a note, tried this plus a few of the related Toys mods for the first time this weekend - it looks interesting but the MCM issue appears to be breaking things still with the latest version for mee.

1. Using Special Edition

2. All pre-reqs installed (note using BakaFactory version of Aroused)

3. New Game

4. Not using FNIS Spells, using Alternate Start, updated Skyrim.ini with value for 2000.0, and tried console command to reload MCM

5. All the other mods MCM are showing up, all other non-Toys mods appear to be functioning correctly, but Toys MCM doesn't show up (other Toys mod MCMs are showing up)

6. Toys appear in game (Toy Story quest marker is there, items are available, but quest doesn't progress after reading book so it seems broken too)

7. Can also spawn in toys via console - they appear to be built correctly (can equip and they show up - but have no actual in game effects)

8. Tried saving and reloading, still no impact.

Not sure what else could be going wrong, no other mods having any issues as far as I can tell except the Toys Framework and related ones.

6 and 7 are due to Toys MCM not able to complete its install. The MCM issue is really the symptom, not the cause.

Could I get your Papyrus Log please? If you need a "how to" its in the FAQs.

We want a log for a game session where you... Startup the game... Start a New game... wait till notifications finish displaying... Confirm that Toys MCM is not showing up... Exit to desktop... grab that log.

@Vbarding If you don't mind, please try this updated script. It goes in Data\Scripts.

ToysMCM.pex It will work for Toys V1.4, but will report as V1.5.

This lets me run FNIS Spells without MCM fail, in both Alt Start, and Vanilla. That's been the only way to recreate for me.

If it fixes your problem, we can skip getting a log. Let me know either way please and thanks.

Edited by VirginMarie
13 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Its not possible that it was all installed 100% correctly. Already playing it once would not result in what you said. I was hoping to not lose your interest in Toys, and that you'd be able to answer these...

Its also possible that Toys MCM is not showing up for you, in which case this is your problem. We'd find that out in #2. Then I'd point you to Troubleshooting #4

So MCM Menu I have none, only from Toy Story.
I also don't have any FNIS Spells.
setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1 reloads the MCM Menu, but without Toys.

Papyrus.0.log

Edit: when I start a new game, I also have Toys in the MCM Menu and it works.

Edited by Krynn

EDIT: nevermind it also didnt work if i disable the mod :/. my only clue left is the toys mcm still works 2 patch before the latest toys framework.

good work on the mod but im having a trouble finding your mod on mcm and when i check my save file it said this.

image.png.7404bf4004f390de25467a046db8b778.png

i use this mod :

and i am pretty sure your mod and that mod didnt play nicely together. i have to use that mod because i already ran out of mcm space so there s no other way but use that mod :(. i was hoping the last update will fix it but it seems that its not the case.

Edited by skullgirls_
7 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

@Vbarding If you don't mind, please try this updated script. It goes in Data\Scripts.

This lets me run FNIS Spells without MCM fail, in both Alt Start, and Vanilla. That's been the only way to recreate for me.

If it fixes your problem, we can skip getting a log. Let me know either way please and thanks.

Try this mod to help authors to create MCM menus faster and easier: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/53000

8 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

When I tried the new ToysMCM.pex file it worked instantly in a new game.  The fresh game save I had made last night didn't work - so it does seem to work for new games.

Edited by Vbarding

@VirginMarie

So, I've tested and played fairly thoroughly with DD mods / Toys, so assess how well they play together, as I said I would do a few weeks back (or was it last week, I don't know, I'm old and concept of time becomes irrelevant after a certain age lol). The results, unfortunately, are not as good I would have hoped. While there are ways to make some mods work alongside Toys, for the most part, many will actually break Toys' quests / events at some point. Even when trying to adjust MCM options in the mods, there are too many variables that impact, especially arousal values. And believe me, I played with arousal values quite a bit, but it's impossible to turn them completely off, which if I did anyway, would pretty much affect Toys negatively as well.

The overall assessment, is that, any mod that uses DD assets in any way, where they remove / add DD items, or use events will call DD items, cannot be used. But if a mod does not use any kind of "call" events on the player, for any reason, these can play nicely. The same kind of impact some ZaZ mods as well, but only if the mod uses both ZaZ and DD for "call" type events.

Devious Devices, on its own, is ok. Since it's just the framework on its own, it's perfectly fine. And oddly enough, the animation filter issue (which pretty much inspired Toys lol), worked quite well with Toys restraints on. This actually surprised me, as I expected the opposite, to be honest. Other mods which use DD items decoratively, also had positive results. Mods such as Hydragon's Slavegirls, Better NPC support for DD, Devious Statues, Ambient Slaves, all worked nicely since they were all visual and didn't impact the gameplay or the PC.

Other mods such as Deviously Enslaved, Devious Framework, Cursed Loot, Devious Followers/ Lola, Sanguine Debauchery, for example, have too many events which totally break Toys, and cannot be used in any way, alongside Toys. The only option would be to disable these mods before loading the game, or creating a separate profile in MO2 (or Vortex). I tired everything I could in the MCM's to make them work, and the only solution is to disable them before loading the game, so they're not in the load order at all.

Some other mods, such as Naked Defeat, Captured Dreams, Devious Guards, Devious Cidhna, SexLab Stories, SLUTS, Chain Beasts, Deviously Pink, Laura's Bondage, DDEquip, Public Whore, can be used, provided that their events don't overlap each other. Once there is a direct conflict, it will be break the quests or events of either one. so as long as they don't manifest during one of the quests events, they can work alongside in the load order. some of them can be a bit tricky to set MCM options, but they can work. They just require a bit more management and awareness during the gameplay, to ensure they play nicely and don't intrude.

These are the only ones I did test, as I didn't and don't use any type of creature mods / gameplay, and other mods such as Devious Mimics, Enchanted Chests, treasure hunting whore (for example), I don't use in my gameplay, so were not tested, but based on what i found, I could easily asses any other mod and it's impact, if given a list.

That's pretty much about it.

I'm creating a new profile now, to be able to use Toys in a gameplay, and a separate profile for DD, as I do and did enjoy Toys very much. I don't like to create profiles, but in this case, I enjoyed it enough to justify doing so. So on that note, I thank you for creating something refreshingly new while being true to the old at the same time. I followed this from before its inception, and I am glad I waited. THIS was well worth the wait :)

7 hours ago, Krynn said:

Edit: when I start a new game, I also have Toys in the MCM Menu and it works.

Toys needs a new game the first time you introduce it into your load order. This is the same for any mod, unless you can add said mod to the end of your load order. See Golden Rule.

Problem solved. Let me know if you need further help.

8 hours ago, skullgirls_ said:

EDIT: nevermind it also didnt work if i disable the mod :/. my only clue left is the toys mcm still works 2 patch before the latest toys framework.

Please try the updated script from this post. Install Toys 1.4, then overwrite with this one script. Copy it manually.

Test with a new game.

EDIT: or now you can use the patch on the download page

Edited by VirginMarie
5 hours ago, Vbarding said:

When I tried the new ToysMCM.pex file it worked instantly in a new game.  The fresh game save I had made last night didn't work - so it does seem to work for new games.

Great.

Can't expect that one specific save to work. That save was toasted. Both versions will work fine on good saves.

Edited by VirginMarie
3 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

@VirginMarie

So, I've tested and played fairly thoroughly with DD mods / Toys, so assess how well they play together, as I said I would do a few weeks back (or was it last week, I don't know, I'm old and concept of time becomes irrelevant after a certain age lol). The results, unfortunately, are not as good I would have hoped. While there are ways to make some mods work alongside Toys, for the most part, many will actually break Toys' quests / events at some point. Even when trying to adjust MCM options in the mods, there are too many variables that impact, especially arousal values. And believe me, I played with arousal values quite a bit, but it's impossible to turn them completely off, which if I did anyway, would pretty much affect Toys negatively as well.

The overall assessment, is that, any mod that uses DD assets in any way, where they remove / add DD items, or use events will call DD items, cannot be used. But if a mod does not use any kind of "call" events on the player, for any reason, these can play nicely. The same kind of impact some ZaZ mods as well, but only if the mod uses both ZaZ and DD for "call" type events.

Devious Devices, on its own, is ok. Since it's just the framework on its own, it's perfectly fine. And oddly enough, the animation filter issue (which pretty much inspired Toys lol), worked quite well with Toys restraints on. This actually surprised me, as I expected the opposite, to be honest. Other mods which use DD items decoratively, also had positive results. Mods such as Hydragon's Slavegirls, Better NPC support for DD, Devious Statues, Ambient Slaves, all worked nicely since they were all visual and didn't impact the gameplay or the PC.

Other mods such as Deviously Enslaved, Devious Framework, Cursed Loot, Devious Followers/ Lola, Sanguine Debauchery, for example, have too many events which totally break Toys, and cannot be used in any way, alongside Toys. The only option would be to disable these mods before loading the game, or creating a separate profile in MO2 (or Vortex). I tired everything I could in the MCM's to make them work, and the only solution is to disable them before loading the game, so they're not in the load order at all.

Some other mods, such as Naked Defeat, Captured Dreams, Devious Guards, Devious Cidhna, SexLab Stories, SLUTS, Chain Beasts, Deviously Pink, Laura's Bondage, DDEquip, Public Whore, can be used, provided that their events don't overlap each other. Once there is a direct conflict, it will be break the quests or events of either one. so as long as they don't manifest during one of the quests events, they can work alongside in the load order. some of them can be a bit tricky to set MCM options, but they can work. They just require a bit more management and awareness during the gameplay, to ensure they play nicely and don't intrude.

These are the only ones I did test, as I didn't and don't use any type of creature mods / gameplay, and other mods such as Devious Mimics, Enchanted Chests, treasure hunting whore (for example), I don't use in my gameplay, so were not tested, but based on what i found, I could easily asses any other mod and it's impact, if given a list.

That's pretty much about it.

I'm creating a new profile now, to be able to use Toys in a gameplay, and a separate profile for DD, as I do and did enjoy Toys very much. I don't like to create profiles, but in this case, I enjoyed it enough to justify doing so. So on that note, I thank you for creating something refreshingly new while being true to the old at the same time. I followed this from before its inception, and I am glad I waited. THIS was well worth the wait :)

Thanks is good info.

If you were to make a trimmed down, simplified version of this post, I'd post in, on Tips & Tricks. It could be 2 lists... mods that work alongside ok, in your opinion, and ones that don't. A disclaimer that it's just what you tested sufficiently. Mentioning that the infamous Animation Filter does not screw things over, is good :P .

I think if you are going to say they don't work, saying any that use "call" events on the player, is not easy to understand (I don't know what you mean... maybe where animations play?). Instead, give a few examples of the specific interaction that can happen, and the reader can decide whether or not they would consider it breaking.

2 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

I think if you are going to say they don't work, saying any that use "call" events on the player, is not easy to understand (I don't know what you mean... maybe where animations play?). Instead, give a few examples of the specific interaction that can happen, and the reader can decide whether or not they would consider it breaking.

Ah, yes I see. I didn't think of that when I wrote this, and I was still in the process of waking up with my first coffee lol.

What I meant by these "calls" was simply, when a mod triggers a "call" to either add or remove DD / ZaZ restraints, and not animations. Any Toys restraints get removed, or combined with DD ones in some cases (yes at one point I had a Toys gag, a DD chastity belt and a Zaz set of cuffs on me.. it made a mess of things lol)

31 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

Toys restraints get removed

So the only problem you found is that toys get removed. This is good news.

This is expected and documented in the Mod Conflicts, and an FAQ which points to Tips & Tricks. Toys will not remove DDs, but DD will remove toys. DD is not Toys aware. Toys IS DD aware and that's built into its API such that mod authors don't need to do anything.

Any DD mod that does lots of equipping will be touch and go, IF, and only IF, a toys quest can break by losing that toy. No Toys content mod thus far, to my knowledge, will actually break. You'd want to put, for example DCL on pause, when focusing on a Toys quest.

Sure its annoying, or ruining the lore of the quest. if you can't manage it through DD MCMs. This is the price you pay if you choose to run the mods together. Plenty of DD Mods end up taking other DDs off that are placed on by other mods, since they are not quest DDs. You do not need Toys installed to have that happen. Same goes for Toys, where most are not quest toys, thus its fine to remove them.

I think what makes a mod un-suited to be used with Toys, is where there is a bad interaction beyond "toys get removed". But it depends on personal opinion on what you tolerate, and what you like.

If you wanted to make a write-up on your findings for me to use it perhaps it could be 3 lists...

- Mods that work nicely because they rarely remove toys, if ever

- Mods that are not so fitting because they remove toys often and the MCM can't be adjusted to prevent this

- Mods that have bad interactions with toys, beyond just removing them <--- we have nothing found for this list... yet

Edited by VirginMarie