9 hours ago, Tiress said:

I'd suggest taking a look at this blog post from Lupine. If nothing else it might give you an idea on how to implement what you want. :)

2 hours ago, osmosis-wrench said:

For the sorting by faction, you could take a look at PowerOfThree's papyrus extender it implements FindAllReferencesWithKeyword from Fallout4 which (...)

The issue Im having right now (and yes I go and talk a lot of stuff now ppl prbly dont care about) 

- In a 1v1 scenario, its always last man standing. Thats easy

- In a Team v Team scenario, last team standing, sure but how do I prevent members of standing Team A assaulting knocked down members of Team A. In a player team v hostile team that would be easy but unsure how to handle this in a .. idk.. Draugr v Bandit scenario

- The more teams we add, the more complicated that would become. Can we just consider every actor in a scene friend, enemy or neutral? That would potentially prevent that hostile Draugr assaulting hostile Bandits 

Unfortunately, Lupine primarily talks about the general design of such a mod and the entry point. I could technically allow Handlers like that to happen. Maybe I send a mod event at the end of each Assault so that other mods can do tiny things like SlaveTats or DD on their own

For big Events, I can technically add a frame that allows other mods to take over on scenario end, similar to SS though that  might cause a lot of conflicts if more than one mod is listening for that, so it might not be just similar to SS but just as SS at which point - considering how minor some Events might be, Im better off just making them locally inside Yamete

Unfortunately, hostile Actors do not hold a Keyword marking them as Hostile. Factions and Aggression do that but filtering for every hostile faction in the game AND considering that neutral factions can also engage combat.. that might be pretty complicated & heavy. Not impossible, but complicated & heavy

Thanks for trying to help tho

Maybe Im overthinking, unsure

51 minutes ago, Illana said:

Is done by a cloak? If so this is going to add heavily to active scripts and the reason why SL Aroused was redone to use a skse plugin to do it's checks.

Cloak != Heavy script load

The issue about Cloaks is more that if they are conditioned poorly, with a too large radius and include heavy scripts you end up having this heavy script running on every chicken and door in half of Tamriel 

Nevertheless, no. Yamete isnt using a Cloak to setup its internals. It tries to start a Quest every few seconds that only accepts aliases that are currently in combat. If it doesnt find at least one, the Quest cant start and the mod tries again a few seconds later

Even if I changed the combat detection to a cloak, Id still need to start the Quest anyway, so meh. I need to assign every Script instance an "ID" to monitor everything - also AI packages are cool. But the ID thing alone makes it impossible for the mod to put all of its magic into a Cloak. I have to use a Quest for that, utilizing the Aliases name as an "ID" to identify which script instance is currently active :)

(That sounds so much smarter than it actually is, cry) 

So this is supposed to be better, performance-wise, than Defeat, right?

I'm not the best in programming, and I don't know how Defeat's code works exactly, but isn't checking for combat (as you've said in the description) every few moments "worse" than what Defeat does? I'm just wondering.

Anyway, I'm definetely looking forward to this. Needless to say, this is mainly looking like a substitute for Defeat, but I'm hesitant to switch because I also like to play some characters as aggressors rather than victims, so if that is implemented slightly more in-depth next I'll definetely consider switching.

2 hours ago, Scrab said:

For big Events, I can technically add a frame that allows other mods to take over on scenario end, similar to SS though that  might cause a lot of conflicts if more than one mod is listening for that, so it might not be just similar to SS but just as SS at which point - considering how minor some Events might be, Im better off just making them locally inside Yamete

A simple way to deal with that would be to make Yamete daymol compatible... i know it's buggy too at some points but disabling everything and simply using it as a framework for all possible outcomes/mods so they don't conflict and disabiing everything else worked great for me so far. Still, not a perfect solution... afaik not that much work though and wouldn'tz hurt at least?

1 hour ago, outercourseman565 said:

I'm not the best in programming, and I don't know how Defeat's code works exactly, but isn't checking for combat (as you've said in the description) every few moments "worse" than what Defeat does? I'm just wondering.

Not really. Its actually the exact same thing as Defeat does. You need to somehow find Combat, how do you do that without a Scan? 

Events to tell you when an Actor enters Combat dont work on the Player and even if so, what about Combat the player isnt involved in?

I dont know if Defeat does a reload Quest the same way Yamete does it, I didnt look that deep into the mod (maybe I should to find out about my faction problem.. sigh) but I need to...

1) respect mods that spawn new enemies during combat

2) combat scenarios with more than 16 regular NPCs at once (idk if you would ever encounter that in Vanilla but Im sure some mods allow for things like that to happen)

3) check if Combat is still ongoing

and the easiest way to do that is by simply calling a second quest that checks for new Actors and if someone is still in combat

Its just plain necessary and it really isnt asking a lot of the game here

Also a few seconds are half an eternity to execute a few scripts. So unless your game runs 2 dozen pollings in the same interval Yamete does, you should never have issues with this polling ever - and I let you choose the interval to allow you to avoid that very issue

1 hour ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

wouldn'tz hurt at least?

No, it certainly wouldnt and if its really as simple as you say it shouldnt be an issue to throw you in daymols hands but I need to get the baseframe running first

Yamete! 1.0.1

- Fixed an issue that forced Bleeding out or Fleeing Actors/Followers to keep bleeding out or fleeing until Combat ends, ignoring their respective timer

- Fixed an issue that caused the Combat Quest to never stop if an Actor died or unloaded OR a Follower died while they were inside a Scenario

- Startpost: Corrected Billyys name

3 hours ago, outercourseman565 said:

So this is supposed to be better, performance-wise, than Defeat, right?

Anyway, I'm definetely looking forward to this. Needless to say, this is mainly looking like a substitute for Defeat, but I'm hesitant to switch because I also like to play some characters as aggressors rather than victims, so if that is implemented slightly more in-depth next I'll definetely consider switching.

As long as you're not using tons of heavy scripted mods that runs scripts constantly, you will not experience any sort of performance issues or script lag, even so, the issues would be caused by your others mods, Yamete's scan is quite lightweight, it also allows you to enable/disable on the fly by pressing a key. Anyways, i've experienced serious lag script with Defeat, without mentioning the constant CTDs and the basic features not working properly, like the gender filter.

The mod allows the player to assault too, unless you mean aftermath scenes, there are some mods that can do that.

Moar Hotfixes!

Yamete! 1.0.2

- Fixed a serious issue causing Scenarios to be closed too early, glitching them out

- Fixed an issue which prevented the Player from exiting delayed Scenarios (Bleedout with a Duration > 0)

3 hours ago, Scrab said:

[A very interesting and kind explanation]

Thanks for the information! I'll be following your progress with great interest.

47 minutes ago, NOOBIV said:

The mod allows the player to assault too, unless you mean aftermath scenes, there are some mods that can do that.

That is true, but I mostly mean the possibility to send actors into bleedout, tie them up and all of the features that provides, especially putting them in a sack (something I've always wanted to be expanded, aggressor content is very rare and far between).

1 hour ago, outercourseman565 said:

I mostly mean the possibility to send actors into bleedout, tie them up and all of the features that provides, especially putting them in a sack (something I've always wanted to be expanded, aggressor content is very rare and far between).

As for the Aura of the Aggressor, my plans are as follows:

•  I intend to keep the Magic Effect System that Im currently using to symbolize whether or not you can knockdown an NPC
    > I might add a little Icon for that in your UI, idk
  • I might rework the current Aura to allow you to assault Actors that currently arent in combat, completely splitting the effect from the Combat Quest
    > This would allow you to "stealth assault" someone or assault actors that usually never engage combat with you (e.g. followers when using a Framework)
  • - I intend to have this Aura execute in a special scenario that overrides the others. Meaning the Aura will always use their own Scenario on the Victim (will most likely be a Bleedout Scenario very similar to the current Bleedout1) 
  • - I will most likely get rid of the message system and instead have a Dialogue based assault 
    > This will allow me to add multiple new options going from simply robbing the victim, to executing them, enslave them, idk. I have almost unlimited options here 
    > As for the "put in a sack", Im unsure how far I want this mod to go in its Aftermath Events. Maybe I offer you a place to sell them, maybe I ask around if someone wants to integrate them but Yamete itself most likely wont offer any big enslavement action in that regard, its just not made for it

42 minutes ago, Baltasarr80 said:

what about the send to ss++ or sd+// da?

All of those things are things Ill consider when I start working on the Aftermath Events, yes 

I also intend to add a few Yamete owned Quests, but all in time

9 hours ago, corvinus18 said:

Anyplans for compatibility for flower girls?

I dont know if Flower Girls is capable of supporting Yamete. I make heavy use of the Hook System in SL

Im planing on making SL optional but Flower Girls is another story, the mod doesnt seem nearly as advanced as SL

I actually dont even know if FG allows more than 1 Animation at a time, which would cause another issue