I like this because in Defeat nobody was ever assaulting anyone else.  <_< And it never worked half the time on my player, anyhow. (Usually I would just flat out die instead of enter bleedout.)

Now I see bandits assaulting bears, guards assaulting stormcloak spies, wolves assaulting farmers, etc. It's a neverending orgy with OBIS, really. ?

But I do agree that, despite the healing, you will just flat out die after being assaulted....since it doesn't re-equip you.

Dont expect a mod thats one week old to be able to properly rival a mod thats multiple years old. I am expecting a lot of issues in design and code and itll take time to find them all and kill them off

(I heard you, Ill work out new Scnearios to make escaping easier)

About consistency: 

The Quest scans every 5sec for Combat on default. If you find that to be too inconsistent, you need to decrease the Scan interval. This scan interval is equivalent to the maximum amount of time it can take the mod until it becomes active (or closes)

Next to that, theres a 0.1~0.2 second delay for each evaluation which can cause assaults not happening at lower levels where 2 hits may already kill you. The reason behind this delay is to avoid overloading the engine with script load, causing lags or even ctds. The code to evaluate a knockdown is depending on victim type (player, follower, npc) 100~300 lines long. I dont want to execute this code 4, 6, 10 times at once because youve been hit by 4, 6, 10 mobs simultaneously. The game needs a short moment to get through that and until then, there will be no other evaluations

@Scrab just to let you know, I am very excited about your work on this mod and how you are concidering all the feedback. Obviously, this is not finished yet, so to everyone, please stick with constructive feedback, observations and suggestions and wait for the next release ?

I can't see the reason my female follower assaults those she defeats.   It seems completely random.  It would be nice to be able to set the minimum arousal for  an assault by a follower to occur.  Yeah, I'm using the pause key when the frequency gets a bit much.  The setting I suggest would just be a bit more immersive.  

Multiple followers.   If you have more than one does the mod consider them all or just one?  I'm trying out two females which seems to work ok but I'd hesitate to add a male follower using the same settings I had set for my female follower.   I don't really want to see any man on man action.  Just a suggestion for the future.  

Seems to work pretty well for me.  I set them to flee and they do.  I haven't been defeated yet so I can't comment.  I suppose I should try it.  ?

33 minutes ago, tch65721 said:

I can't see the reason my female follower assaults those she defeats.

Follower tab:

"Followers can assault if they are.... (male | female | futa |creature)"

Just disable the female option, done

Spoiler

image.png.3d3dd66188d04eeada1c5afd30027465.png

If you have more than one does the mod consider them all or just one?

Up to 4 Followers are supported. I cant add much more because the Game would start to blow up due to too many aliases in the Combat Quest

I don't really want to see any man on man action

Already supported. Im much too lazy to start bothering about what can match up with what

The MCM lets you set all of it in obnoxiously great detail

For the Player:

- Which Genders the Player does assault 

Followers:

- Which Gender a Follower has to be to assault

- Which Gender a Follower does assault

NPCs & Creatures:

- Which Gender a NPC of a specific Gender does assault. You can scroll down quite a lot there. If you dont want any Male on Male, you go into the NPC Tab into the "Male NPCs can assault.." bracket and disable "male NPCs"

Spoiler

image.png.54f114fb342b261bedd9ed6809d264f0.png

I hope the left Side of the MCM looks less ugly with time, currently its just a few lines vs 100 lines of Filters kek

I even split between Male & Female Creatures if you have that enabled in SL 

24 minutes ago, Scrab said:

Follower tab:

"Followers can assault if they are.... (male | female | futa |creature)"

Just disable the female option, done

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3d3dd66188d04eeada1c5afd30027465.png

Really not the point I was trying to make.  I don't care if she assaults I care about the frequency.  If she does it every time it gets old fast.  If it were tied to arousal it would happen much less frequently.  That would be better IMO.

Up to 4 Followers are supported. I cant add much more because the Game would start to blow up due to too many aliases in the Combat Quest

Good to know, thanks.

Already supported. Im much too lazy to start bothering about what can match up with what

The MCM lets you set all of it in obnoxiously great detail

For the Player:

- Which Genders the Player does assault 

Followers:

- Which Gender a Follower has to be to assault

- Which Gender a Follower does assault

Well,  I was considering the case of two followers of different sexes.  I want them to both only assault only opposite sex opponents.

NPCs & Creatures:

- Which Gender a NPC of a specific Gender does assault. You can scroll down quite a lot there. If you dont want any Male on Male, you go into the NPC Tab into the "Male NPCs can assault.." bracket and disable "male NPCs"

So this applies to male followers also?  I did mot understand that.  Thanks.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.54f114fb342b261bedd9ed6809d264f0.png

I hope the left Side of the MCM looks less ugly with time, currently its just a few lines vs 100 lines of Filters kek

I even split between Male & Female Creatures if you have that enabled in SL 

26 minutes ago, tch65721 said:

So this applies to male followers also?  I did mot understand that.  Thanks.

Ah, no

Id need to make an entire block in the Follower Tab for that too

I could prbly make a Master Switch for each Gender then too

I really like this mod, I like it's fast paced-style way more than defeat. I was thinking about making a mod just like this but now I don't have to lol.

The one thing this mod is missing is when combat ends but animations are still occurring. It would be nice if the remaining aggressors waited for a turn or if remaining allies would save their friend, something along those lines.

Thank you for making this!

19 hours ago, Vuulgar said:

I am curious, are you planning ties to other mods like Simple Slavery or Sanguine's Debauchery after the assault?

Yes, after I finished the basics of the frame

4 hours ago, Someone92 said:

Instead of a Yes or No option make it a percentage option, so female actor use the 1st position in 0-100% cases.

Cant see how that would be useful

This option only ever kicks in when a female is trying to assault a male anyway - and if you have any femdom animations that want the male in Pos1 you even want to disable this as otherwise your femdom animations would never be used in this mod

This option is more about personal taste than anything else. Cant see why youd like females with strapon/femdom animations in one moment and prefer the same assaulting female being depcited as a victim in the next even though shes still considered an aggressor

yeah something definitely up with this and NFF or just followers in general. Not yet tested without NFF but it does the same thing to every follower. Things I've noticed:

1. Follower starts detecting you and reporting you for crimes

2. Follower can be pickpocketed

3. Standing still during combat sheathing and resheathing.

4. Dialogue option to open inventory does not work (can select it but doesn't open inventory)

I have to dismiss and re-hire for 1,2 and 4 to be fixed.

2 hours ago, Illana said:

Dialogue option to open inventory does not work (can select it but doesn't open inventory)

2 hours ago, Illana said:

yeah something definitely up with this and NFF or just followers in general. Not yet tested without NFF but it does the same thing to every follower. Things I've noticed:

4. Dialogue option to open inventory does not work (can select it but doesn't open inventory)

I have to dismiss and re-hire for 1,2 and 4 to be fixed.

Interesting.   I had number 4 happen but I didn't pin it on this mod.  Had to dismiss/rehire as you said.  I use AFT though... so maybe NFF not a factor,  at least with  number 4.

On 1/29/2021 at 11:25 AM, Scrab said:

Thought it wouldnt be necessary anymore since you can see the Upload Date of a new file now

That would usually be enough but right now there are two files with the same date.  Even without that though I'd still prefer version numbers is only because I download a lot of mods and then might wait some time before using them.  Could always  check the created and last modified date on the file but versions are easier. 

On 2/1/2021 at 9:59 AM, Illana said:

Most buggy thing I've encountered so far is that it messes with follower's AI, I'm using NFF as a mod to manage them. A lot of the time the follower will just stand in one place and sheath and unseathe their weapons without doing anything else. Not sure if you've seen this behaviour also.

Does it do that only during the defeated scenarios or does it mess with the follower's AI even later?

9 hours ago, Illana said:

1. Follower starts detecting you and reporting you for crimes

2. Follower can be pickpocketed

3. Standing still during combat sheathing and resheathing.

yes thats intended behavior, the issue here is more that you know of it. This sort of behavior is due to me requiring to remove the Teammate Flag, otherwise followers would ignore the Calm which stops them from attacking Targets in Scenarios. I usually add that back to the follower after the Scene. Im confused why that doesnt happen in your game

I dont know any other ways from stopping followers to attack targets that the player is targeting/in combat with, if you do let me know and I see what I can do. Thats really annoying

AI in Skyrim is a real pain, there is no straightforward way that I know of that stops NPCs from attacking a different, specific Actor, forcing me to do this sort of workaround - at least for mid combat scenarios. Maybe post combat ones I can handle differently

6 hours ago, axz2 said:

Could always  check the created and last modified date on the file but versions are easier. 

Ye, I see where youre comming from. Ill add Version numbers back to my stuff :)

1 hour ago, Scrab said:

yes thats intended behavior, the issue here is more that you know of it. This sort of behavior is due to me requiring to remove the Teammate Flag, otherwise followers would ignore the Calm which stops them from attacking Targets in Scenarios. I usually add that back to the follower after the Scene. Im confused why that doesnt happen in your game

I dont know any other ways from stopping followers to attack targets that the player is targeting/in combat with, if you do let me know and I see what I can do. Thats really annoying

AI in Skyrim is a real pain, there is no straightforward way that I know of that stops NPCs from attacking a different, specific Actor, forcing me to do this sort of workaround - at least for mid combat scenarios. Maybe post combat ones I can handle differently

Ye, I see where youre comming from. Ill add Version numbers back to my stuff :)

so if they don't have the teammate flag removed they will continuously try and attack my target mid combat even if in a scene?

15 minutes ago, Illana said:

so if they don't have the teammate flag removed they will continuously try and attack my target mid combat even if in a scene?

What the teammate flag does is forcing an Actor to inherit combat behavior from the player

Meaning even if I make the follower an ally to an hostile NPC, as long as the player is hostile to that NPC, the Follower will continue attacking them, even when they have the Calm Effect. The same goes the other way around: A follower is only hostile to NPCs that the player is considered hostile to, so if I grant the player this calm effect, all followers will inherit it, stop attacking and stop being attacked

This caused a lot of issues with followers going after unwanted targets or leaving combat for seemingly no reason. You have no idea how much it hurts to see people telling me its causing issues *sob

18 minutes ago, Scrab said:

What the teammate flag does is forcing an Actor to inherit combat behavior from the player

Meaning even if I make the follower an ally to an hostile NPC, as long as the player is hostile to that NPC, the Follower will continue attacking them, even when they have the Calm Effect. The same goes the other way around: A follower is only hostile to NPCs that the player is considered hostile to, so if I grant the player this calm effect, all followers will inherit it, stop attacking and stop being attacked

This caused a lot of issues with followers going after unwanted targets or leaving combat for seemingly no reason. You have no idea how much it hurts to see people telling me its causing issues *sob

Looks like solution is adding the teammate flag back after the scene but it's not doing it. Maybe NFF does something with it that's not simply the teammate flag? I'll have to test this without NFF and see if I get the same bugs.

I can see why defeat uses factions to get around this problem now

8 minutes ago, Illana said:

I can see why defeat uses factions to get around this problem now

Yamete is also using Factions

What the calm effect essentially does is adding an ability that when you first gain it, adds you to a faction that befriends you with everyone and forces everyone that is currently targeting you to search for a new target and on effect end, it removes you from that faction

But as mentioned, teammates ignore their Faction and instead inherit it from the Player which causes the above issues. - and this sheath/drawing loop, Maybe the issue is non existent for post combat scenarios, not sure

4 minutes ago, Scrab said:

Yamete is also using Factions

What the calm effect essentially does is adding an ability that when you first gain it, adds you to a faction that befriends you with everyone and forces everyone that is currently targeting you to search for a new target and on effect end, it removes you from that faction

But as mentioned, teammates ignore their Faction and instead inherit it from the Player which causes the above issues. - and this sheath/drawing loop, Maybe the issue is non existent for post combat scenarios, not sure

testing this on a minimal load order with no NFF, same behaviour exhibits. Follower gets assaulted and then broken until dismissing and rehiring

HOWEVER, when I disable "keep ghost flag" and also change the bleedout duration to anything other than 0, it doesn't happen. Maybe this will help you?

On 2/4/2021 at 1:55 PM, Scrab said:

Cant see how that would be useful

Ah, I understood the option that it switches between cowgirl / femdom and pegging.

2 hours ago, Scrab said:

AI in Skyrim is a real pain, there is no straightforward way that I know of that stops NPCs from attacking a different, specific Actor

Not sure if it works, but maybe giving each side of combat the same faction, and adding a target that should not be attacked the faction of the opposing factions works.

hm.. thats interesting 

Yamete! 1.0.3a.7z

Try this, I have doubts that it does the trick but you never know. I cant test it myself rn. It wont blow up your game but idk if it actually fixes anything

40 minutes ago, Someone92 said:

Not sure if it works, but maybe giving each side of combat the same faction, and adding a target that should not be attacked the faction of the opposing factions works.

If I get you right, thats essentially what Im already doing. The issue is that Player Teammates ignore Factions, they only go after what the player considers friend & foe. I need to split them from that thinking and since I cant (and shouldnt) edit the Teammate Flags imbedded behavior, temporarily removing the Flag seems to be the best option I have

6 minutes ago, Scrab said:

hm.. thats interesting 

Yamete! 1.0.3a.7z 219.26 kB · 0 downloads

Try this, I have doubts that it does the trick but you never know. I cant test it myself rn. It wont blow up your game but idk if it actually fixes anything

Thanks, also I've noticed another bug, sometimes a NPC randomly nearby but not in sight (possibly in combat themselves) assaults something I've downed. Is there a way to range cap what NPCs can assault?

Also update on testing:

with NFF and the settings i mentioned previously they still stand there and sheathe and unsheathe :(

46 minutes ago, Scrab said:

hm.. thats interesting 

Yamete! 1.0.3a.7z 219.26 kB · 4 downloads

If I get you right, thats essentially what Im already doing. The issue is that Player Teammates ignore Factions, they only go after what the player considers friend & foe. I need to split them from that thinking and since I cant (and shouldnt) edit the Teammate Flags imbedded behavior, temporarily removing the Flag seems to be the best option I have

Ok so now they fix themselves a few seconds after combat but they still just stand there sheathing and unsheathing during combat, so a little improvement