• 3 weeks later...

Too bad, it is abandoned ? and the Kudasai version is alpha and for testers.

I want to try/test some things in the LE version, but this version already seems to have a problem with the function AddAllItemsToArray

Error: Static function AddAllItemsToArray not found on object PO3_SKSEFunctions. Aborting call and returning None (in Papyrus log)

Yeah, I've already been familar with that kind of problems and I assume the reason here is :

For SSE the Power of three Script extender version is 5.X and includes the function, while for Skyrim LE the available version on Nexus is

2.5 and that version does not support AddallItemstoArray. I did not check what other functions are not available in the scriptextender for Skyrim LE.

If there is somewhere a newer version of the PO3 script extender for LE, that would be great.

Regarding "Skyrim LE is too old" mentioned on your page, this is not my opinion. When Skyrim SE was released several years ago, I got a free version and tested SE immediate.

(But I got a CTD when leaving the Helgen dungeon in the intro quest)

The main difference between SSE and LE was only improved optical effects ? (I do not know if the memory system for Skrim SSE is improved)

But the downside is the script system still is 99% identical to Oldrim with all the already existing deficit.

With Fallout 4 Bethesda had done some really good improvements to the scripting system in general. As a result FO4 had more possibilities and better performance regarding papyrus.

Ok, nevertheless thank you for the mod.

I think even if the development has stopped your mod has more potential than Gubo's defeat.

14 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

If there is somewhere a newer version of the PO3 script extender for LE, that would be great.

There isnt, po3 abandoned LE forever ago and some of his functionality cant even be ported to LE. I tried to restrict myself to 2.5 functions, I guess that one I didnt realize

14 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

Regarding "Skyrim LE is too old" mentioned on your page, this is not my opinion. When Skyrim SE was released several years ago, I got a free version and tested SE immediate.

(But I got a CTD when leaving the Helgen dungeon in the intro quest)

The reason why LE is 'too old' here is because its been abandoned since forever by any higher level development, not because of its technical shortcomings (the shortcoming being a reason for its abandonment arent of importance here)

To be more explicit: If you want Kudasai to be available in LE, you will have to reverse engineer LE to a point where it is able to rival SEs current progress. If you work hard you may be able to do get there in a few years

The main difference between LE and SSE is not the graphic, its not the 32/64 bit engine or any of the other obvious technical differences, its the community, which for LE hasnt progressed in years whereas SEs one is progressing constantly

This new defeat mod is another example of this, LE wont ever have a counterpart of Kudasai not because I dont want to support it, but because LE isnt capable to support Kudasai

I will never talk down to anyone for sticking to LE, but there are certain shortcomings LE has you just have to accept

Edited by Scrab
On 4/13/2022 at 9:43 AM, Scrab said:

There isnt, po3 abandoned LE forever ago and some of his functionality cant even be ported to LE. I tried to restrict myself to 2.5 functions, I guess that one I didnt realize

The reason why LE is 'too old' here is because its been abandoned since forever by any higher level development, not because of its technical shortcomings (the shortcoming being a reason for its abandonment arent of importance here)

To be more explicit: If you want Kudasai to be available in LE, you will have to reverse engineer LE to a point where it is able to rival SEs current progress. If you work hard you may be able to do get there in a few years

The main difference between LE and SSE is not the graphic, its not the 32/64 bit engine or any of the other obvious technical differences, its the community, which for LE hasnt progressed in years whereas SEs one is progressing constantly

This new defeat mod is another example of this, LE wont ever have a counterpart of Kudasai not because I dont want to support it, but because LE isnt capable to support Kudasai

I will never talk down to anyone for sticking to LE, but there are certain shortcomings LE has you just have to accept

I'm still playing and modding old games (Oblivion, Fallout 3, NV).
But I understand very well that many modders only focus on one version of a game, which usually is the newer version.
Maintaining two versions SE AND LE is double the work.

When my own SSE installation is finally satisfactory for me then I will probably only play Skyrim SE.

I probably won't have a few years left when I'm still able to develop software. I can already tell the difference when I was only about 30 years old.
So I'm trying to somehow get a working connection for a DLL, anyway if it takes longer than a few weeks then i probably will give up.

I've always hated programming in 'C' with the handling of the pointers, the switch case constructs with the possibility of forgetting a break and finally the if constructs.
If X = 1 .... didn't even give a warning with the compilers available at the time, it was just a hard-to-find catastrophic error.
Afterwards I would first try to make the DLL itself in Delphi, the programming language in which Xedit was also written.

Hi, i use to use this mod before and it worked as intended albeit with bugs and whatnot. However I uninstalled the game and mods for a PC reformat and recently come back with all my mods reinstalled. I also copied my previous save file. Everything in Yamete seems to work EXCEPT the actual defeat scenarios. Meaning i would get knocked out or go into bleedout but my character would be completely ignored and i would just be stuck in a knocked out position forever until i reload a save. Now this use to happen occasionally before, but only when i had no bleedout mercy and fell from a cliff or something with no enemies around to have their way with me. not it just happens all the time and im seemingly immortal and cant die either when bleedout mercy is added. Before enemies would atleast engage in a sex animation or robbed me like the mod is suppose to do, not nothing.

Anyone know why this happens? also i cant get simple slavery to work either. Whenever im "defeated" i was never sent to the slave auction, but i know the mod itself works because i can go into MCM and force myself to go there by ticking the option. It might be related to my above issue. 

On 4/19/2022 at 12:03 AM, Ballistixz said:

Hi, i use to use this mod before and it worked as intended albeit with bugs and whatnot. However I uninstalled the game and mods for a PC reformat and recently come back with all my mods reinstalled. I also copied my previous save file. Everything in Yamete seems to work EXCEPT the actual defeat scenarios. Meaning i would get knocked out or go into bleedout but my character would be completely ignored and i would just be stuck in a knocked out position forever until i reload a save. Now this use to happen occasionally before, but only when i had no bleedout mercy and fell from a cliff or something with no enemies around to have their way with me. not it just happens all the time and im seemingly immortal and cant die either when bleedout mercy is added. Before enemies would atleast engage in a sex animation or robbed me like the mod is suppose to do, not nothing.

Anyone know why this happens? also i cant get simple slavery to work either. Whenever im "defeated" i was never sent to the slave auction, but i know the mod itself works because i can go into MCM and force myself to go there by ticking the option. It might be related to my above issue. 

Hmm, maybe your character is essential in the last save ? You can open the console and try the command

SETESSENTIAL 7 0

Atleast that should make the player non essential.

I've tried to compile some of the scripts under a real Skyrim LE environment, because I want to make kind of a fix for the equipment problem.

Unfortunately it is not possible to compile the scripts in this environment.

One reason is that OSTIM is not available and also FLOWERGIRLS is not available in Oldrim. Ok , I thought to place the used functions for these

optional Mods in comments.

But there was still another serious error notified from the compiler :

YamScanReferences.psc(317,4): variable PO3_Events_Alias is undefined

Further inverstigation shows that this is a script available for the PO3 extender in SSE but not available for the older LE version.

I do not know if any older version of Yamete works flawless with Skyrim LE, but for me it seems that any further trials

to run Yamete 4.3.2 LE are futile ?

19 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

Hmm, maybe your character is essential in the last save ? You can open the console and try the command

SETESSENTIAL 7 0

Atleast that should make the player non essential.

Thx, I just ended up making a new save and i definitely die in that one. Do you know if Yamete triggers Simple Slavery +? because even on the new file im not being sent to the slave auction of that mod, and simple slavery in the MCM for yamete is set to 100. Not sure what the "left for dead" option is, but i also lowered that to 50 aswell just incase. 

On 1/27/2021 at 6:07 PM, zer02 said:

defeat problems take place, but only individually-it depends on the build of mods on a particular PC.
If Yamete! it is characterized by a simplified code while maintaining interesting functions and is simply reliable, then without talking "must have!" -
(for 5 years of searching for mods and creating builds with mods, I have already seen many alternatives to defeat...)

this will show the time and perseverance of the author.mqdefault.jpg.c2acf8efbf20ee9ee28c0a5bd75a9412.jpg
The second issue is compatibility with mods that previously worked in conjunction with defeat.

I guess I failed you @zer02 ?

On 4/20/2022 at 1:13 PM, Kanlaon said:

I've tried to compile some of the scripts under a real Skyrim LE environment, because I want to make kind of a fix for the equipment problem.

Unfortunately it is not possible to compile the scripts in this environment.

One reason is that OSTIM is not available and also FLOWERGIRLS is not available in Oldrim. Ok , I thought to place the used functions for these

optional Mods in comments.

But there was still another serious error notified from the compiler :

YamScanReferences.psc(317,4): variable PO3_Events_Alias is undefined

Further inverstigation shows that this is a script available for the PO3 extender in SSE but not available for the older LE version.

I do not know if any older version of Yamete works flawless with Skyrim LE, but for me it seems that any further trials

to run Yamete 4.3.2 LE are futile ?

The OStim/FG sources are only referenced in the main animationstarter script, removing their referencing there essentially removes them from the entire project, just be sure to link it so that this script will only ever feed into the SL call when you remove them

Iirc the po3 alias scripts are only used for FG integration to listen for Scene ends. With FG gone, theres no use for them and can be safely removed

The AddAllItemsToArray function has a less specified SKSE equivalent:

; Returns all base forms from the container into a new array
Form[] Function GetContainerForms() native

I know that SE SKSE has a few really handy functions that LE has not, Im not sure if thats one of them

Worst case you can cycle through the inventory with good ol "GetNthItemInContainer" which is extremely slow but should get the job done too

If you want to keep Yamete updated to properly work in LE I heavily recommend to strip all of the SE exclusive features from it first

Another thing creating a lot of issues in Yamete is the way the Calm Mark is applied, Id recommend scrapping the entire "one calm script on multiple spells" dynamic since that doesnt really work out too well

Id recommend only using a single "CalmMark" spell and just apply or strip it through a single Controller function, e.g. like so:

Function PacifyThis(Actor subject, bool pacify) global
	CalmMark = getformfromfile()
	if pacify
		subject.AddSpell(CalmMark)
	else
		subject.RemoveSpell(calmMark)
Endfunction

bool Function IsPacified(Actor subject) global
	return subject.hasSpell(getformfromfile("calmmark"))
endfunction

The other spells which are functioning as Calm Marks (e.g. Bleedouts) need their CalmMark removed and you need to manage the application or removal of the mark seperately somewhere

A focus in Yamete was to use functionality of the engine to their maximum which caused me to treat the Calm Mark essentially like a "relay" but the timings often didnt line up properly so you had calm marks being removed too early or too late causing the one which was supposed to "take over" to potentially break which causes a lot of issues with aggression 

Edited by Scrab
23 hours ago, Scrab said:

I guess I failed you @zer02 ?

The OStim/FG sources are only referenced in the main animationstarter script, removing their referencing there essentially removes them from the entire project, just be sure to link it so that this script will only ever feed into the SL call when you remove them

Iirc the po3 alias scripts are only used for FG integration to listen for Scene ends. With FG gone, theres no use for them and can be safely removed

The AddAllItemsToArray function has a less specified SKSE equivalent:

; Returns all base forms from the container into a new array
Form[] Function GetContainerForms() native

I know that SE SKSE has a few really handy functions that LE has not, Im not sure if thats one of them

Worst case you can cycle through the inventory with good ol "GetNthItemInContainer" which is extremely slow but should get the job done too

If you want to keep Yamete updated to properly work in LE I heavily recommend to strip all of the SE exclusive features from it first

Another thing creating a lot of issues in Yamete is the way the Calm Mark is applied, Id recommend scrapping the entire "one calm script on multiple spells" dynamic since that doesnt really work out too well

Id recommend only using a single "CalmMark" spell and just apply or strip it through a single Controller function, e.g. like so:

Function PacifyThis(Actor subject, bool pacify) global
	CalmMark = getformfromfile()
	if pacify
		subject.AddSpell(CalmMark)
	else
		subject.RemoveSpell(calmMark)
Endfunction

bool Function IsPacified(Actor subject) global
	return subject.hasSpell(getformfromfile("calmmark"))
endfunction

The other spells which are functioning as Calm Marks (e.g. Bleedouts) need their CalmMark removed and you need to manage the application or removal of the mark seperately somewhere

A focus in Yamete was to use functionality of the engine to their maximum which caused me to treat the Calm Mark essentially like a "relay" but the timings often didnt line up properly so you had calm marks being removed too early or too late causing the one which was supposed to "take over" to potentially break which causes a lot of issues with aggression 

Thank you so much for your information.

In a first step I can at least strip the scripts so much, so that they can be translated again.

I think I will follow your suggestion and  remove OStim and Flowergirls completely first.  That make things a little bit clearer.

(I'll leave the properties unchanged so that the ESP file doesn't have to be changed  in first step)

The inventory handling in Skyrim LE, on the other hand, is a completely different problem.

Inventory handling for each individual item is really slow as you already mentioned, especially when transferring a large amount of items (player !).

The script runtime than can be a few seconds with my own experience.

Another problem for which I have no idea for a solution are the Quest Items. Quest items definetely should stay with the NPC's to which they also belong.

Unfortunately in standard Papyrus there is no suitable function to identify quest items (I only know kind of a workaround).

According to the description, GetNthform returns a (Base) Form. But unfortunately, unlike in Oblivion, BaseForms in Skyrim cannot be marked as quest items.

The standard handling is to mark a referencealias as a quest item. Therefore each questitem must be an objectreference to some base form.

Any idea for a solution would be welcome.

If it is not otherwise possible, different handling for the player, the followers/teammates and the other NPCs seems to be acceptable at least for me.

?

On 4/23/2022 at 1:08 PM, Kanlaon said:

Another problem for which I have no idea for a solution are the Quest Items. Quest items definetely should stay with the NPC's to which they also belong.

Unfortunately in standard Papyrus there is no suitable function to identify quest items (I only know kind of a workaround).

According to the description, GetNthform returns a (Base) Form. But unfortunately, unlike in Oblivion, BaseForms in Skyrim cannot be marked as quest items.

The standard handling is to mark a referencealias as a quest item. Therefore each questitem must be an objectreference to some base form.

Any idea for a solution would be welcome.

If it is not otherwise possible, different handling for the player, the followers/teammates and the other NPCs seems to be acceptable at least for me.

Doesnt the remove all items have a "skip quest items" option?

You cant skip worn armor with that or filter in any other way but might be worth a shot, otherwise Im kinda out of ideas

13 hours ago, Scrab said:

Doesnt the remove all items have a "skip quest items" option?

You cant skip worn armor with that or filter in any other way but might be worth a shot, otherwise Im kinda out of ideas

Ok, already thought that I  need to learn how to make a dll with some external functions, that can be used than using a papyrus interface.

There are tutorials how to do that, I hope they will help. ( I need a dll for my own FO4 project too !)

Regarding Removeallitems you are right  quest items are not removed when  used  on the  player, but when I remember right this exclusion is not

used for normal NPC's.

On the other side there are still some other items that also should not be touched, I assume worn attire from the devious devices mods reacts allergic removing it doing this way.

At least it was in Fallout 4 due to the realization.

Anyway thanks for your help. :) The LE sources are now compilable, but some reminders of OSTIM and Flowergirls still needs to be removed.

Hmm, I've rechecked the removeallitems function and you win again. Lol, must have forgotten it because I am not brainzilla.

There is a parameter about questitems.

For me that means I can first make a remove all or nothing solution for NPC's and followers depending on the settings and if

devious devices are worn, which can be checked using a keyword.

For the player either the same as for followers and NPC's or checking item by item.

Edited by Kanlaon
removeallitems

Hello,

just a simple question. In the function

Function RemoveItemsFromTo (ObjectReference victim, Actor robber)

Is it possible that either the victim or the robber is a creature or is this possibility already checked in one of the calling functions ?

I have often found silly things when the dog Barbas is following the PC.

Regards.

1 hour ago, Kanlaon said:

Hello,

just a simple question. In the function

Function RemoveItemsFromTo (ObjectReference victim, Actor robber)

Is it possible that either the victim or the robber is a creature or is this possibility already checked in one of the calling functions ?

I have often found silly things when the dog Barbas is following the PC.

Regards.

Idk. I think this is called only during Post combat NPC interactions. Might want to check the resolution quest for that though

I noticed a couple of things when using this mod:

1) When wolves, assuming other animals as well, get knocked down, their loot increases with each knock down.  I once looted six furs off a single wolf!

2) I was doing a quest at Silent Moons Camp and my earth atronach knocked down a bandit.  I killed the bandit and went about finishing the quest.  I returned to Whiterun a little later and was greeted by a courier.  Apparently, the bandit, who was knocked down, left me an inheritance!

I have never been so assumed by a defeat mod in this manner.  Thank you @Scrab!

• 4 weeks later...

I have some issues, please Scrab halp!!! :)

It seems Yamate is not compatible with Apropos, I tried multiple times, with different version of Apropos and it is working fine with Defeat. However when using Yamete the orgasms won't register in Apropos wear and tear menu, everything just stays on 0. The characters are being tracked, but the value is not increasing. I am not sure what is wrong, but it works fine with Defeat, so the problem is definitely with Yamate. Can a quick patch be made please?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm thinking in adopting yamete with these main objectives:

1 - Stability: We never lose interaction with a follower, actors in scenes never can be attacked, and NPCs never can be locked without attacking enemies.

2 - Compatibility: It should work on all versions (Legendary, Special, Anniversary and VR) without any special DLL.

3 - Speed: Must be fast enough to have a fluid combat using only and excusivelly pure Papyrus code.

I have a first version for those purposes, but I need some BETA testers, with different machines and load orders, to test my version before I make a public release.

If you are interested send me a PM or quote this post.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 6:37 AM, alex77r4 said:

I'm thinking in adopting yamete with these main objectives:

1 - Stability: We never lose interaction with a follower, actors in scenes never can be attacked, and NPCs never can be locked without attacking enemies.

2 - Compatibility: It should work on all versions (Legendary, Special, Anniversary and VR) without any special DLL.

3 - Speed: Must be fast enough to have a fluid combat using only and excusivelly pure Papyrus code.

I have a first version for those purposes, but I need some BETA testers, with different machines and load orders, to test my version before I make a public release.

If you are interested send me a PM or quote this post.

I'm definitely interested in this

• 1 month later...