Devious Heatrise SE + LE (Updated 1/18/2021)

View File

1971024974_logov2smaller.png.9632dec89d4e3f120f280fa77a3a72b7.png

Devious Heatrise (DHr) is a Devious Device content mod themed around temperature-controlled plugs.

Main Content

• 18 unique, individually unlockable, temperature-controlled plugs. (All plugs can only be used by the player character.)
  • A replayable training quest with 35 different trials (punishments) wearing an advanced chastity belt.
  • A progression system allowing the player to level up temperature tolerance skills. (Yes this will increase fire/frost resistance in combat.)

I don't want to spoil the content. You should give it a try, if you are interested in plugs and/or training wearing chastity belts.

Requirements

• Skyrim Special Edition or Skyrim Legendary Edition*
    • *Regarding LE compatibility: I have not done any testing on LE. However as informed by HexBolt8 (who has performed some preliminary tests), after some minor tweaking (which I already did), this mod should work on LE as is. Nevetheless, please let me know if anything goes wrong.
  • Devious Device 5.0 and its requirements (4.3 or lower will NOT work)
    • Updating from Devious Device 4.3 is not officially supported by Devious Device. It may or may not cause problems. Someone with a save file which was made with Devious Device 4.3 encountered issues (training gear not being equipped properly) after updating to Devious Device 5.0 and starting to use Devious Heatrise. They also noted that a clean save file works as intended. (However, at this point, no one really knows if this issue is caused by updating Devious Device. This may very well be caused by a bug with Devious Heatrise.)
  • (Optionally) Frostfall SE (with its unofficial SE patch) or Frostfall LE
    • If Installed, wearing a heating plug can warm you up, while wearing a cooling plug will, unfortunately, cool you down

How to Start

You need go to Whiterun and talk to Arcadia. If this mod is installed correctly, she should have an dialogue option "(Devious Heatrise) Can you train my body's temperature tolerance?" This will get you started with Devious Heatrise's training quest. At the end of the training, one of the 18 plugs will be gifted (and unlocked). The training quest is designed to take a long time (at minimum 10 in game days, though adjustable in MCM) without demanding too much from the player. It is advised to play the training quest while doing other regular quests.

At the same time, it is also possible to register the plugs from Devious Heatrise into Devious Device's item library using the option available in MCM (they will be added to related LevedItems entries). In that case, if you have mods that equip the player character with devices from that library, plugs from Devious Heatrise will appear as well. However, if a plug has never been gifted by Arcadia (a.k.a. not unlocked), it will disappear once you take it out of your body. This way, registering Devious Device's plugs will not break the regular progression with the training quest.

FAQ

How do I use degree Fahrenheit instead of degree Celsius?

You can change the unit in the MCM menu. It is the first option in the "Common" tab.

Why are the units displayed as "C"/"F" instead of properly as "°C"/"°F"?

Because Skyrim apparently does not have the "°" symbol. If I put that character in, it will just display gibberish instead.

How do I terminate the training quest?

You can forcefully terminate the quest by going to MCM menu. It is located in the "Training Quest" tab.

Alternatively, you can use the "Terminate DD quests" in the "Debug" tab of Devious Device's MCM. Devious Heatrise listens for the termination signal and will stop the quest correctly. (It might report a couple errors regarding not able to find some devices. If so, it is normal, as Devious Device has already removed those.)

Something something LORE something something

Yeah whatever. I don't know any lore of Skyrim. I didn't even finish the game. I came for the adult content, and stayed for the adult content.

How do I check my temperature tolerance skills' levels?

For now, the only way to check them is to go to MCM. They are listed in the "Skills" tab.

Why there be so lot grammatically error or splleing erorrs?

English is not my first language. If you have specific suggestions on how to improve the writings of this mod, please let me know.

Can I suggest new features?

Yes, absolutely. (See this Trello board for what are already suggested.)

How can I report bugs?

You can report bugs by replying to this thread. However, before you report, please make sure you are using the latest version of this mod. Also, if you are using LE, please note it in the report. Thanks. (See this Trello board for what are already reported.)

Are these really frequently asked questions?

No. In fact, none of these questions have been asked. I just scratched my head and came up with these.

Why did you implement the transcend functionality for those temperature tolerance skills?

Well, the reason is that I played a lot of Devious Training. However, I noticed, it is always that at one point, my levels are so high, that the buffs from those devices rendered me almost invincible. I don't like that. I want those devices to punish me, instead of making me stronger. With that mindset, I implemented the transcend functionality, so it provides an incentive for the players to zero out their skills and relive the days when the plugs are still torturous to them.

Why do I keep lose stamina/health/magicka when wearing those temperature-controlled plugs?

When the temperature of the plugs are too high/too low for you, you will start to lose stamina/health/magicka. The amount to lose can be configured in the MCM menu under the "Advanced" tab.

Why do those plugs constantly drain my stamina/health/magicka, instead of just apply a debuff?

Because I want the effect of those plugs to feel strong. Constantly draining stamina/health/magicka will keep on reminding the player that those incredibly uncomfortable plugs exist.

Why do those plugs only work with the player character?

It is mainly due to technical limitations. I have not figured out a way to effectively store and update a large amount of temperature controlled plugs.

What if other mods equip some NPCs with Devious Heatrise's plugs?

If my script works correctly, those plugs should disappear immediately when they are equipped.

Why is Devious Device 5.0 required?

Because Devious Device 5.0 fixed a bunch of bugs. I don't want to support a version with bugs that will never be fixed.

How heavy is Devious Heatrise, script-wise?

It should not be that heavy. As an added bonus, it will put itself to sleep if no device from Devious Heatrise is worn.

What should I do if I accidently exited out the checkup dialogue?

You can talk to Arcadia again and choose the "(Devious Heatrise) I came for the checkup." It should resume the checkup from where you left off.

Why do two vibration events sometimes start simultaneously?

Since Devious Heatrise requires finer control over the vibrations of the plugs (Vibrate until orgasm, for example), it is not possible to use Devious Device's VibrateEffect. Therefore, Devious Heatrise uses its own vibration controller. That said, Devious Heatrise tries really hard to work with Devious Device, so that Devious Device's vibrations and Devious Heatrise's vibrations will not start at the same time. To prevent Devious Device from starting a vibration event when Devious Heatrise' vibrations are going, Devious Heatrise tricks Devious Device into thinking a vibration of its own is currently running. However, it is still possible that, under some super rare circumstances, Devious Device will "untrick" itself and therefore start a vibration event despite the one from Devious Heatrise is still in process.

Translations

AreaGamer has made a German translation for this mod. You can find it in the downloads list (alongside the main mod).

If you know another language and you are interested in translating Devious Heatrise, please go ahead. I will be very grateful.

Version Notes/Bug Tracker/Feature Queue

In an effort to make the development process more organized, I have created this Trello board. You can view what has changed/what is currently being worked on/what is on the queue there.

Credits

• Devious Device Team: For all the models, textures, base scripts, and other art resources
  • Kimy: I used some code and textures from her mod Deviously Cursed Loot:
    • I used the texture of the cursed belt in Deviously Cursed Loot for the training belt in Devious Heatrise. (The creator of this texture is not listed in the credits section, therefore I assume it is created by Kimy)
    • I copied the code for undressing the player from Deviously Cursed Loot into my mod under the file dhrVendor.psc.
  • My friend slimeter11: For creating the cover art.
  • AreaGamer: For the German translation.
  • Everyone in the comments section providing suggestions and bug reports
    • I am sorry I can't list all the names here because 1) it is really hard to track and 2) I am afraid that I will accidently leave someone out.

License

Files listed in the Credits section belong to their respective creators and are licensed separately. Code written by me (everything other than dhrVendor.psc) is licensed under GPLv3. Other non-code resources (for example, the .esp file) are licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

Old Versions

Spoiler

Old versions are provided for preservation/development purposes. Please DO NOT use them in your actual play throughs as they may contain game-breaking bugs.

V1.0

Devious Heatrise V1.0.zip[Patch] German translations by AreaGamer for Devious Heatrise V1.0.zip

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/14/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious Device 5.0
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

Many mods written for SE will work for LE (and vice versa), as long the mod doesn't provide meshes, use a texture format that LE doesn't recognize, or use the few new SE-specific script functions.  

I'm using LE and gave the mod a quick try.  MCM worked as it should.  Arcadia had the quest dialog.  I received the belt and first set of plugs.  Everything looked fine.  I did the first checkup (I like the concept of Climax Keys).  Completed the checkup.  Used the climax key.  That seemed to be working well until shortly after the orgasm, when my character's health went to zero, triggering death and a reload.

I didn't see anything odd in the scripts, but I didn't look hard.  If you can find the cause for that, I think you can say that the mod is Regular Edition Compatible.

- Arcadia had my character strip for the checkup even though my character wasn't wearing clothing.

- That "train my orifices" thing sounds unnatural.  Perhaps "train me" or "train my body".  The meaning soon becomes clear.

- That's a loooong exposition at the start.  You might want to simplify it, and put the details into a weightless book.  The player can quickly get to the "good part", and read the details later, especially useful if the player has seen the quest before.

- Love the climax keys, and the logo.

Congratulations on an interesting mod!  I probably won't be adding it to my game right now, but I wanted to take a quick look and let you know about the possible LE compatibility.

34 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Many mods written for SE will work for LE (and vice versa), as long the mod doesn't provide meshes, use a texture format that LE doesn't recognize, or use the few new SE-specific script functions.  

I'm using LE and gave the mod a quick try.  MCM worked as it should.  Arcadia had the quest dialog.  I received the belt and first set of plugs.  Everything looked fine.  I did the first checkup (I like the concept of Climax Keys).  Completed the checkup.  Used the climax key.  That seemed to be working well until shortly after the orgasm, when my character's health went to zero, triggering death and a reload.

I didn't see anything odd in the scripts, but I didn't look hard.  If you can find the cause for that, I think you can say that the mod is Regular Edition Compatible.

- Arcadia had my character strip for the checkup even though my character wasn't wearing clothing.

- That "train my orifices" thing sounds unnatural.  Perhaps "train me" or "train my body".  The meaning soon becomes clear.

- That's a loooong exposition at the start.  You might want to simplify it, and put the details into a weightless book.  The player can quickly get to the "good part", and read the details later, especially useful if the player has seen the quest before.

Congratulations on an interesting mod!  I probably won't be adding it to my game right now, but I wanted to take a quick look and let you know about the possible LE compatibility.

Thank you so much for the testing and feedback.

Regarding LE support:

I flipped through the creation kit wiki, it seems that indeed one of the functions I used (GetActorValueMax) is Special Edition exclusive. I used it to figure out how much health I can drain. I think that explains the instant death in LE. I guess I will use "GetActorValue / GetActorValuePercentage" instead.

(The health drain is a side effect of the plug. It happened right after the orgasm is probably a coincidence.)

Regarding the feedback:

Thank you for the input. I think they are all really good suggestions. Therefore, I will address all of them ASAP.

22 minutes ago, Rin Tepis said:

I flipped through the creation kit wiki, it seems that indeed one of the functions I used (GetActorValueMax) is Special Edition exclusive. I used it to figure out how much health I can drain. I think that explains the instant death in LE. I guess I will use "GetActorValue / GetActorValuePercentage" instead.

That's great!  A change or two like that and you'll be able to reach the whole Skyrim community.  Thanks!

Tried this one (SE build). Seem to work as intended, albeit i didnt get too far in.

DD usually stays idle in my builds, being a prerequisite for several mods for wich i immediatly switch DD funcitonality off anyawy. This one, however, is different. Conditions are explained explicitly clear so you dont wander around guessing "Was it bad RNG or am i supposed to do something else". Quest start is also entirely volountary and clearly flagged, with a promise for some permanent resistance boost at the expanse wich is fairly obvious from the mods name.

Resistance bonus seems perfectly reasonable, its right at the edge of "could be usefull" for high difficulty build to justify being a guinea pig.

One thing i noted is - mod is obviously supposed to to be a long term commitment, where you wonder around doing your thing and report periodicly. Between DD built-in tendency to take away player agency and some trials doing the same, i found it hard on occasion to get a window of control long enough to even just heal, let alone consider any sort of gameplay involving combat. Then again, its more of my issue with DD in general.

Other than that, i found i quite like your mod. Its still DD, but its based around frustration-reward. Not the usual frustration-frustration. So, well done.

The idea sounds interesting, and after giving it a look, I have a few thoughts to share.

Although firts thing I usually do with DD related mods is to look at dialogue in .esp in the case it rubs me in a wrong way.
And, well, this mod integration (Arcadia dialogue) does exactly that.

I suggest adding a non-slave premium option for players that prefer consensual stuff, where PC is paying a hefty customisable sum for training, which includes:

1. Option to remove belt, when "It's too much, I wanna bail" results in "Ok, but no refunds." instead of "Bitch *bzzt*".

Spoiler

It... Saddens me, how little there is for people who don't like that kind of stuff. Nearly every DD mod that takes off it's pre-aplha wheels is filled to the brim with PC rape, abuse, and many other unpleasasnt things... That's not for everyone. Some people like it nice, sweet and in enough leather to make a jacket, pants, boots, pair of gloves, and a hogtie. I wish everyone who read this little rant to have a nice day, a pastry of their choice and a drink they prefer.

Spoiler

Also, I've noticed an absence of a belt key item in .esp, so I suggest adding it to appear on Arcadia if she succumbs to, ahem, steel poisoning accident.

2. Trials being optional and beneficial - "I'd like to perform some experiments for my research. You'll benefit from them too, ofcourse.". For example: partial refund, some additional boons from wearing plugs and combinations of devices like elemental damage perk for bound combat after armbinder "experiment" with effect scaling with plug level, more plugs being unlocked at once, some unusual potions since she's an alchemist, that kind of stuff as sort of an alternate progression option for unarmed, unarmored adventurers who considers gag, armbinder and pony boots to be a part of their professional attire.
(My numerous PCs say hello to all other Devious Training ponygirls. I've removed DT long ago because of papyrus stress and waiting times for numbers to update, but added small piece of it as a patch that makes ponyboots give +100% movement speed if an item of armbinder type is worn. I'd love to see more of that kind of stuff, mods that adds gameplay to DD, that balance out disadvantages with potential benefits in other areas to make the game feel a bit different.)

Some other suggestions:

A. Could shocking plugs be a separate branch that boosts shock resist?

B. MCM option to reduce waiting time between checkups. Player don't even have an option to not wait in place sometimes due to debilitating effects, and even when they aren't that bad, it's still a DD belt quest. A flavour is new, but the contents are the same interruption conga that lost it's novelty back when DD framework had quests in it.

C. It'd be nice to have an option to adjust elemental resistances gained with levels or level caps for those who don't want to deal with transcending and would just prefer to slowly accumulate them over long playthroughs with smaller EXP multiplier.

D. Plugs poofing from player inventory is an odd restriction. In my opinion it'd be better if quests unlocked plugs for purchase instead of removing plugs from players who are not interested in belt quests.

E. (Oversight) Arctic plugs are described as having heating capabilities and that their temperature may increase after insertion.

F. How complicated and uninteresting it'd be to make customisable "normal" temperature range for unusual races like daedra or undead? From a quick look at scripts it looks like a full replacement of numerical checks with something more complex, so pretty low if a priority at all, correct me if I'm wrong.

G. Is it just on my side, or when plugs with different textures are inserted, same texture is applied to both? I've tried DDA plugs, and the same thing happens with them, second plug loaded gets the texture of a first.

Spoiler

...sigh.

My guess is that's because DD uses one .nif file for both plugs, since they've been initially made to be used in pairs, but then they were split in .esp a way where which one gets rendered depends on which slots are specified in Armor record, other one just being ignored. But when game begins rendering the scene, when it lists stuff, since both plugs use same nif, game gets its texture data from one ArmorAddon that is already loaded for this .nif, and both plugs get the same texture.
Might be SE thing, I dunno.
I've dicked around in NifScope and xEdit for ten minutes, and it seems to work now. You might want to do the same if that issue is not on my end only. Just split the plugs .nif into two separate meshes and make a patch that redirects DDA armor addons to two new meshes indstead of old, merged one.

All in all, there's a lot of potential, and it'd be nice if there was an option for players who like consensual play.

13 hours ago, nilead said:

Tried this one (SE build). Seem to work as intended, albeit i didnt get too far in.

DD usually stays idle in my builds, being a prerequisite for several mods for wich i immediatly switch DD funcitonality off anyawy. This one, however, is different. Conditions are explained explicitly clear so you dont wander around guessing "Was it bad RNG or am i supposed to do something else". Quest start is also entirely volountary and clearly flagged, with a promise for some permanent resistance boost at the expanse wich is fairly obvious from the mods name.

Resistance bonus seems perfectly reasonable, its right at the edge of "could be usefull" for high difficulty build to justify being a guinea pig.

One thing i noted is - mod is obviously supposed to to be a long term commitment, where you wonder around doing your thing and report periodicly. Between DD built-in tendency to take away player agency and some trials doing the same, i found it hard on occasion to get a window of control long enough to even just heal, let alone consider any sort of gameplay involving combat. Then again, its more of my issue with DD in general.

Other than that, i found i quite like your mod. Its still DD, but its based around frustration-reward. Not the usual frustration-frustration. So, well done.

Thank you for the feedback. From what I gathered, it seems that you want some opportunity to rest up during the training. I am thinking something like a Rest Key which you can "purchase" from Arcadia at the cost of one extra trial. Once you use the Rest Key, the belt will shut all of its functionalities for maybe 3 hours. Is this something you would prefer? Or I didn't correctly understand your meaning.

As a side note, from my testing, combat while doing the training quest does not seem that difficult. The health/magicka/stamina drain is designed so that it will only weaken you but will never kill you. (Health, for example, has a 50% reservation ratio by default. That is, the plugs will never cause your health to fall below 50%.)

4 hours ago, acakao said:

Arcadia doesn't show dialogue option.

check with sqv, aliases REF is none. empty.

using USLEEP.

I assume you are using Skyrim LE. Unfortunately, as described in the FAQ, this mod does not support Skyrim LE at the moment as I have no way of testing it. I guess that is probably the reason why the dialogue option did not show up for you. However, since it worked for @HexBolt8, I really have no idea why that is the case then.

3 hours ago, Baltasarr80 said:

Could it be used with a remote control? Lets say you have devious follower (or devious Follower itself) from Cursed loot who wants to torture you a bit with them for example?

That indeed seems like a good idea. I am interested in implementing it. However, it does seem pretty complex, so it might take some time.

On the note of followers, I might add the support for doing checkups with the follower, so the player does not have to run back to Whiterun from time to time.

23 minutes ago, Rin Tepis said:
4 hours ago, acakao said:

Arcadia doesn't show dialogue option.

check with sqv, aliases REF is none. empty.

using USLEEP.

I assume you are using Skyrim LE. Unfortunately, as described in the FAQ, this mod does not support Skyrim LE at the moment as I have no way of testing it. I guess that is probably the reason why the dialogue option did not show up for you. However, since it worked for @HexBolt8, I really have no idea why that is the case then.

Yes, I'm using LE and I had no trouble with Arcadia's dialog.  I did open the MCM before talking to her.  It's good to do that as a player to be sure that all settings get initialized.

11 minutes ago, Rin Tepis said:

Thank you for the feedback. From what I gathered, it seems that you want some opportunity to rest up during the training. I am thinking something like a Rest Key which you can "purchase" from Arcadia at the cost of one extra trial. Once you use the Rest Key, the belt will shut all of its functionalities for maybe 3 hours. Is this something you would prefer? Or I didn't correctly understand your meaning.

Not really. This mods looks advantageous to usual DD content for me precisely because its concise. There are no piles of buttons and half a dozen keys, and the few that are actually there are indroduced to player properly. So in fact having such a button would probably look like a negative for me. If were talking how i would like ot see it improved - it probably would involve disabling loss of control events during combat and interrupting allready ongoing events of such nature in case of combat start.

Im not sure if can be done, moreover - im not sure if it should be done. Everyone has their own cup of tea. Same random loss of control events i hate about DD framework are probably one of the things many people install it for.

31 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Yes, I'm using LE and I had no trouble with Arcadia's dialog.  I did open the MCM before talking to her.  It's good to do that as a player to be sure that all settings get initialized.

Hmm... From what I just looked up, it seems that Skyrim SE esp files are not compatible with Skyrim LE esp files (Former uses form 44, while the latter uses form 43). Did you do any conversion? Or you just installed the mod as is.

25 minutes ago, nilead said:

Not really. This mods looks advantageous to usual DD content for me precisely because its concise. There are no piles of buttons and half a dozen keys, and the few that are actually there are indroduced to player properly. So in fact having such a button would probably look like a negative for me. If were talking how i would like ot see it improved - it probably would involve disabling loss of control events during combat and interrupting allready ongoing events of such nature in case of combat start.

Im not sure if can be done, moreover - im not sure if it should be done. Everyone has their own cup of tea. Same random loss of control events i hate about DD framework are probably one of the things many people install it for.

I think DD's vibration event does refrain from starting when the player is in combat. However, I explicitly chose to omit that condition when implementing my vibration controller. I probably should add a toggle for that then.

24 minutes ago, Rin Tepis said:

From what I just looked up, it seems that Skyrim SE esp files are not compatible with Skyrim LE esp files (Former uses form 44, while the latter uses form 43). Did you do any conversion? Or you just installed the mod as is.

The Form is just a number.  I installed the mod as-is, no conversion.  I'm using other SE mods without conversion.  As long as a mod does not cross certain lines (mesh files are not compatible), it can often be used as-is.

That works in the other direction, too.  Many LE mods work for SE.  You can open them and resave them if you want, but it's not needed.  An example of that is the mod I'm working on, which has 340 scripts and an 855KB esp file with many lines of dialog.  I build it with LE, but it works without conversion for SE.

3 hours ago, MstrN said:

The idea sounds interesting, and after giving it a look, I have a few thoughts to share.

Although firts thing I usually do with DD related mods is to look at dialogue in .esp in the case it rubs me in a wrong way.
And, well, this mod integration (Arcadia dialogue) does exactly that.

I suggest adding a non-slave premium option for players that prefer consensual stuff, where PC is paying a hefty customisable sum for training, which includes:

1. Option to remove belt, when "It's too much, I wanna bail" results in "Ok, but no refunds." instead of "Bitch *bzzt*".

Reveal hidden contents

It... Saddens me, how little there is for people who don't like that kind of stuff. Nearly every DD mod that takes off it's pre-aplha wheels is filled to the brim with PC rape, abuse, and many other unpleasasnt things... That's not for everyone. Some people like it nice, sweet and in enough leather to make a jacket, pants, boots, pair of gloves, and a hogtie. I wish everyone who read this little rant to have a nice day, a pastry of their choice and a drink they prefer.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, I've noticed an absence of a belt key item in .esp, so I suggest adding it to appear on Arcadia if she succumbs to, ahem, steel poisoning accident.

2. Trials being optional and beneficial - "I'd like to perform some experiments for my research. You'll benefit from them too, ofcourse.". For example: partial refund, some additional boons from wearing plugs and combinations of devices like elemental damage perk for bound combat after armbinder "experiment" with effect scaling with plug level, more plugs being unlocked at once, some unusual potions since she's an alchemist, that kind of stuff as sort of an alternate progression option for unarmed, unarmored adventurers who considers gag, armbinder and pony boots to be a part of their professional attire.
(My numerous PCs say hello to all other Devious Training ponygirls. I've removed DT long ago because of papyrus stress and waiting times for numbers to update, but added small piece of it as a patch that makes ponyboots give +100% movement speed if an item of armbinder type is worn. I'd love to see more of that kind of stuff, mods that adds gameplay to DD, that balance out disadvantages with potential benefits in other areas to make the game feel a bit different.)

Some other suggestions:

A. Could shocking plugs be a separate branch that boosts shock resist?

B. MCM option to reduce waiting time between checkups. Player don't even have an option to not wait in place sometimes due to debilitating effects, and even when they aren't that bad, it's still a DD belt quest. A flavour is new, but the contents are the same interruption conga that lost it's novelty back when DD framework had quests in it.

C. It'd be nice to have an option to adjust elemental resistances gained with levels or level caps for those who don't want to deal with transcending and would just prefer to slowly accumulate them over long playthroughs with smaller EXP multiplier.

D. Plugs poofing from player inventory is an odd restriction. In my opinion it'd be better if quests unlocked plugs for purchase instead of removing plugs from players who are not interested in belt quests.

E. (Oversight) Arctic plugs are described as having heating capabilities and that their temperature may increase after insertion.

F. How complicated and uninteresting it'd be to make customisable "normal" temperature range for unusual races like daedra or undead? From a quick look at scripts it looks like a full replacement of numerical checks with something more complex, so pretty low if a priority at all, correct me if I'm wrong.

G. Is it just on my side, or when plugs with different textures are inserted, same texture is applied to both? I've tried DDA plugs, and the same thing happens with them, second plug loaded gets the texture of a first.

Reveal hidden contents

...sigh.

My guess is that's because DD uses one .nif file for both plugs, since they've been initially made to be used in pairs, but then they were split in .esp a way where which one gets rendered depends on which slots are specified in Armor record, other one just being ignored. But when game begins rendering the scene, when it lists stuff, since both plugs use same nif, game gets its texture data from one ArmorAddon that is already loaded for this .nif, and both plugs get the same texture.
Might be SE thing, I dunno.
I've dicked around in NifScope and xEdit for ten minutes, and it seems to work now. You might want to do the same if that issue is not on my end only. Just split the plugs .nif into two separate meshes and make a patch that redirects DDA armor addons to two new meshes indstead of old, merged one.

All in all, there's a lot of potential, and it'd be nice if there was an option for players who like consensual play.

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback.

Your idea bout the consensual stuff does seem pretty solid to me. However, since 1) personally, I am much more into non-consensual sex/bdsm/training/etc. 2) the amount of work it would require to implement your idea is pretty huge, it will probably not happen any time soon. However, if you are willing to provide all the writing (writing pains me a lot) and storyline for this mode, then it is another story.

Now let me address all of your other suggestions.

A. Good idea. I actually have planned for it. But because I somehow lost the dialogue view for the transcend quest, so it became really inconvenient for me to add another skill, I decided to put it aside. That said, I will implement the shock skills when I have time.

B. That is reasonable. The reason I didn't add the options for adjusting checkup time is that as far as I know, it is not possible to alter what comes out of NPC's mouth. So if I added the option, and played modified it, Arcadia will still say 48 hours, causing confusing. In retrospect, I can just hide that option in the Advanced tab, and explain that the dialogue will not be affected.

C. Good idea.

D. I will probably add an option to disable plugs disappearing then.

E. Thanks for spotting the error.

F. Change the body temperature is not a complicated thing to do. However, there are two problems with it. First, if the body temperature is changed, all the temperatures of the plugs will no longer be balanced. (training should still work, as the target temperature is calculated by body temperature + tolerance + target diff). Second, I am not familiar with Skyrim lore, so I don't know other races' body temperatures.

G. I just tried it and indeed they became the same color when I free-camed into my PC's body. I am not familiar with the model creating process so I don't know how to modify the models. I am currently trying to make this mod compatible with LE, and I heard that models are not compatible, so I will probably hold off creating models of my own. In addition, since the plugs are inside PC's body (except the tip), players should not notice it anyways. Therefore, I will probably not do anything about it. (Sorry immersion.)

Anyways, thank you for the constructive criticism. I will try my best to improve this mod.

19 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

The Form is just a number.  I installed the mod as-is, no conversion.  I'm using other SE mods without conversion.  As long as a mod does not cross certain lines (mesh files are not compatible), it can often be used as-is.

That works in the other direction, too.  Many LE mods work for SE.  You can open them and resave them if you want, but it's not needed.  An example of that is the mod I'm working on, which has 340 scripts and an 855KB esp file with many lines of dialog.  I build it with LE, but it works without conversion for SE.

Thank you for the info. I will keep that in mind. 👍

12 hours ago, Player80 said:

Is the belt avoidable entirely?

If you only want to use the plugs, then yes, chastity belts can be avoided completely.

However, if you want to do the training quest, then no, it is required for the quest. However, if you really don't like chastity belts, I can potentially add a toggle to hide the chastity belt. 

4 hours ago, Rin Tepis said:

SSE with MO2.

USLEEP+Immersive Citizens+Realistic AI Detection+NPC AI Process Position Fix+Run for your lives.

Modifying NPCs mods. that's all.

45 minutes ago, acakao said:

SSE with MO2.

USLEEP+Immersive Citizens+Realistic AI Detection+NPC AI Process Position Fix+Run for your lives.

Modifying NPCs mods. that's all.

I am sorry. I really have no idea what is causing the problem. I have always used specific reference. Maybe one of the mods altered Arcadia in a way that the game does not think they are the same person. However, I have looked though those mods you listed, it seems that none of them claim to do such thing. I am out of ideas for now.

If you have some time, are you willing to narrow down to one specific mod that is causing the error using trial and error?

I'm intrigued by the core concept of this mod. Once you have ironed out the kinks, will you consider adding more types of plugs that build up elemental resistances? I'm thinking those that'd train the wearer to resist shock (electricity) and magic (optionally, poison too?), to cover all damage sources.

14 hours ago, Taki17 said:

I'm intrigued by the core concept of this mod. Once you have ironed out the kinks, will you consider adding more types of plugs that build up elemental resistances? I'm thinking those that'd train the wearer to resist shock (electricity) and magic (optionally, poison too?), to cover all damage sources.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will implement shock resistance skill. However, I am not sure about other elemental damages. For example, I am not sure whether a poisonous plug is something sexually arousing.