1 hour ago, ravensm said:

yea, i had talked to the..um, i forget her name, the npc lady who sells ingredients in white run, i had started the quest through her and she was suppose to put the chastity belt and plugs in but that msg keeps coming up, i had to exit the conversation without properly starting the quest, the quest right now wants to to talk to her to start my training

My guess is that for some reason Arcadia has failed to equip the belt. This has happened to me only exactly once in my countless testings, and it never came up again. I really have no idea what is causing it to happen. However, I believe, if you load a save from before talking to Arcadia, and simply try it again, it should proceed as normal. Let me know if it helped. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Xuvish said:

This is similar to #1 except to tell us what we trials have already completed.

If I remember correctly we needed to complete a minimum of trials in 3 different groups before Arcadia would allow us to stop training.  I would like to know what trials I completed before I go to the next check up.

I was able to pick the same trials.  They showed up in the dialogue as grey, but I was still able to choose them.  I received no popup claiming I was cheating.

Can we choose the same trial in different orifices?

Was it because the timer was still running since I fast traveled or took a carriage that I was able to choose the same trial?

Would be easier not to show those trials in the dialogue we already chose even though the timer may still be going?

For #3 I do like your idea of reducing time or providing a sliding scale.

I don't know where you get the idea that you need to complete a minimum of trials in 3 different groups. There is no such thing as groups in this mod. I guess I didn't explain the rules clear enough in the game. If you can tell me what caused the confusion, I will be very grateful.

Anyways, here are the actual rules:

For every checkup, Arcadia will randomly select 5 (+modifiers) trial options. (Modifiers include choosing to stress both orifices (option +1))

You must select 2 (+modifiers) of them to take. (Modifiers include choosing not stress any orifice (trial +1) and rerolling the options (trial + 1)).

After selecting 2 trials, the checkup is completed.

For every 5 checkups you complete, Arcadia will offer a chance to call it quits. However, if you start the 6th checkup, you will have to do 10 checkups in total before you are offered another chance again.

Therefore, regarding your question, the answer is, there is no downsides to selecting the same trial multiple times. I believe, correct me if I am wrong, the reason you were not able to stop the training after 5 checkups is that at the time, there were still active timers (weak teasing, random shocks, sleep deprivation, etc.) running on your belt. You can check the current status of your belt by clicking the belt in your inventory and choose "Check status". It will print out all current active timers.

When 1) all of the timers ran out, 2) have no edgings left, and 3) you have completed any multiple of 5 checkups, you should be able to terminate the training with Arcadia.

51 minutes ago, Rin Tepis said:

I don't know where you get the idea that you need to complete a minimum of trials in 3 different groups. There is no such thing as groups in this mod. I guess I didn't explain the rules clear enough in the game. If you can tell me what caused the confusion, I will be very grateful.

Anyways, here are the actual rules:

For every checkup, Arcadia will randomly select 5 (+modifiers) trial options. (Modifiers include choosing to stress both orifices (option +1))

You must select 2 (+modifiers) of them to take. (Modifiers include choosing not stress any orifice (trial +1) and rerolling the options (trial + 1)).

After selecting 2 trials, the checkup is completed.

For every 5 checkups you complete, Arcadia will offer a chance to call it quits. However, if you start the 6th checkup, you will have to do 10 checkups in total before you are offered another chance again.

Therefore, regarding your question, the answer is, there is no downsides to selecting the same trial multiple times. I believe, correct me if I am wrong, the reason you were not able to stop the training after 5 checkups is that at the time, there were still active timers (weak teasing, random shocks, sleep deprivation, etc.) running on your belt. You can check the current status of your belt by clicking the belt in your inventory and choose "Check status". It will print out all current active timers.

When 1) all of the timers ran out, 2) have no edgings left, and 3) you have completed any multiple of 5 checkups, you should be able to terminate the training with Arcadia.

Thank you for clarifying that.  That will satisfy my #2 question.

9 hours ago, Rin Tepis said:

Thank you for translating my mod. If you are not planning to make a new post for it, do you mind if I put this translation file into the description? (Credits will be given, obviously)

I don't really plan to make a separate post for the translation, just post an update here in the support section if you extend the mod or if I get any bug reports. And I would even invite you to add the translation to the description.

7 hours ago, Rin Tepis said:

My guess is that for some reason Arcadia has failed to equip the belt. This has happened to me only exactly once in my countless testings, and it never came up again. I really have no idea what is causing it to happen. However, I believe, if you load a save from before talking to Arcadia, and simply try it again, it should proceed as normal. Let me know if it helped. Thanks.

Can I add to this? I got this message as well but only after proceeding when I got a message about needing 1 but finding 0 for an assertion, or something, because she did not equip the belt and plugs. This mod, it seems to me, needs to be started on an entirely new game. It doesn't initialize without it, unless an additional trigger point is added, I don't know how that works.

I would ask Ravensm if they have the Heatrise MCM. I tried this mod on 2 saves. In my first save I did not yet have Devious Devices 5.0 installed, I installed it (that MCM showed up) and then tried to acquire the Heatrise quest. In the old save the Heatrise MCM does not show up even with Devious Devices 5.0 installed. In an entirely new save the MCM shows up and the devices are equipped properly, I could proceed with the trials. Could just be me, idk.

1 hour ago, AreaGamer said:

I don't really plan to make a separate post for the translation, just post an update here in the support section if you extend the mod or if I get any bug reports. And I would even invite you to add the translation to the description.

Got it, thank you.

58 minutes ago, GunslingerGirl93 said:

Can I add to this? I got this message as well but only after proceeding when I got a message about needing 1 but finding 0 for an assertion, or something, because she did not equip the belt and plugs. This mod, it seems to me, needs to be started on an entirely new game. It doesn't initialize without it, unless an additional trigger point is added, I don't know how that works.

I would ask Ravensm if they have the Heatrise MCM. I tried this mod on 2 saves. In my first save I did not yet have Devious Devices 5.0 installed, I installed it (that MCM showed up) and then tried to acquire the Heatrise quest. In the old save the Heatrise MCM does not show up even with Devious Devices 5.0 installed. In an entirely new save the MCM shows up and the devices are equipped properly, I could proceed with the trials. Could just be me, idk.

Although I am not sure what is causing the trouble, but I am certain this mod will work with existing saves, because most of the testing I have done is on a preexisting save which does not have Heatrise installed. At this point, I am still inclined to believe the issue is for some reason some devices fail to be equipped. From my observations, this seems purely chance based.

However, there are other possibilities. To help me investigate, can you please go back to the old save and tell me step-by-step what you did and see if you can reproduce the issue? Thank you in advance.

P.S. just making sure, the DD 5.0 on this old save you are having trouble with is a fresh install right? By fresh I mean it was not upgraded from DD 4.3.

25 minutes ago, Rin Tepis said:

Although I am not sure what is causing the trouble, but I am certain this mod will work with existing saves, because most of the testing I have done is on a preexisting save which does not have Heatrise installed. At this point, I am still inclined to believe the issue is for some reason some devices fail to be equipped. From my observations, this seems purely chance based.

However, there are other possibilities. To help me investigate, can you please go back to the old save and tell me step-by-step what you did and see if you can reproduce the issue? Thank you in advance.

P.S. just making sure, the DD 5.0 on this old save you are having trouble with is a fresh install right? By fresh I mean it was not upgraded from DD 4.3.

Oh, you're right, actually. I did have 4.3. So upgrading from 4.3 to 5.0 on an existing save causes issues with Heatrise? I only say this because it's not just the devices not showing up, the Heatrise MCM doesn't appear either but the dialogue for Heatrise is there with the Apothecary.

That's unfortunate. I hate having to do set-up on new saves.

On 1/15/2021 at 11:15 AM, Rin Tepis said:

I am sorry. I really have no idea what is causing the problem. I have always used specific reference. Maybe one of the mods altered Arcadia in a way that the game does not think they are the same person. However, I have looked though those mods you listed, it seems that none of them claim to do such thing. I am out of ideas for now.

If you have some time, are you willing to narrow down to one specific mod that is causing the error using trial and error?

Okay. Found them.

Turn on the training quests' alias option 'Allow Reserved'.

Improving AI mods are reserving NPCs into their AI manage quests, so you need allow reserved NPCs.

8 hours ago, GunslingerGirl93 said:

Oh, you're right, actually. I did have 4.3. So upgrading from 4.3 to 5.0 on an existing save causes issues with Heatrise? I only say this because it's not just the devices not showing up, the Heatrise MCM doesn't appear either but the dialogue for Heatrise is there with the Apothecary.

That's unfortunate. I hate having to do set-up on new saves.

This is only my speculation. However, it is very possible that the issue you are experiencing is caused by Devious Hearise failing to invoke some functions on Devious Device. If Devious Device is broken (because you upgraded between two incompatible versions, as state here for example), it is very likely Devious Hearise will also break. 

That said, there are still possibilities that this issue is due to my fault. Please let me know if anything weird still happens after using a new save.

7 hours ago, AreaGamer said:

I have the problem that when I put a climax key in the whooping belt DD script shows me ERRORs.

ScreenShot2.png.c0004dbfb4b5caeaddf2535b75b9f5e2.png

I think you accidently translated a couple strings that cannot be translated. Those including the ones appearing in function calls to libs.ArousalThreshold("string here").

Strings that should not be translated are: "Desire", "Horny", and "Desperate".

That said, I will probably hardcode those in the next coming version, so they will no longer be used and you will not have to worry about if you can translate them.

4 hours ago, acakao said:

Okay. Found them.

Turn on the training quests' alias option 'Allow Reserved'.

Improving AI mods are reserving NPCs into their AI manage quests, so you need allow reserved NPCs.

Oh my god fucking skyrim. -- Sorry for my language.

image.png.f00ee19569c998041dae34119a9d652c.png

Anyways, thank you so much for helping me figure this out. :)

14 hours ago, AreaGamer said:

Version 1.1 has been released. Can you update the translations when you have time? Thanks.

Here are the changes that I have made to the scripts: https://github.com/SCLeoX/Devious-Heatrise-Scripts/commit/5c81b87e403174edcb3c6f1241a48bd976f0669b

There are other changes made to the ESP as well.

That said, I have not yet remove the calls to ArousalThreshold("string here"). That means, you will have to make sure the words "Desire", "Horny", and "Desperate" are not translated.

Thank you in advance.

On 1/16/2021 at 5:48 PM, Rin Tepis said:

I will take a look at 5.1 patch as soon as possible then. (EDIT: Actually, can you give me a link to the 5.1 patch? I did a Google search and didn't find it.)

Regarding the health issue, I believe I have already fixed the problem. However, I have not released the updated version, because I was trying to combine it with other bug fixes and improvements. Ideally, I will publish the updated version within 24 hours of this reply. Nevertheless, as I mentioned in the FAQ, I don't own a copy of Skyrim LE, so I can not really test it.

(EDIT: clarification, Hexbolt8 totally has the permission to release an LE version, as I have already given that permission out to everyone as described in the License section. In fact, I would also love if Hexbolt8 is willing to help test and troubleshoot the LE version of this mod. However, I don't think I am in a position to ask him to do it for me. At the same time, judging by his comments, he is probably not that into the concept of this mod. I think he is just being a nice person and trying to help me, a beginner at Skyrim modding, which I really appreciate a lot. In that case, I don't think I should try to trouble him with my problem.)

DD5.1 beta is on this page, works in LE and SE apparently

I want to like this mod, I really do and I think that this has a lot going for it. Continuing the story + questing while locked and training is something interesting, together with the trials you can undertake to decide how disruptive you want the mod to be.

HOWEVER, I am finding it very hard to continue as somehow this mod seems to continuously trigger the auto-edge command. I am literally taking 3 steps and getting an animation and by the time I recover from that animation, I take 5 steps and part 2 of the animation fires off, another 3 steps and part 3 fires off, and just when I think the cycle is done (stop short of an orgasm) so I can continue with my quest it immediately fires off again for another cycle.

I am actually finding it difficult to do the "Edge 3/5/8 times" trial because I literally can't slot the manual edging in due to the continuously stacked auto-edgings. Reducing the "random vibration frequency" doesn't seem to be helping as I'm still getting stacked edgings. I would love to have the mod to be somewhat disruptive (edging during combat was .. interesting) but not to the point where I can barely walk through town because I get animation blocked 10 times walking from the whiterun door to the bannered mare.

Is there some way to reduce the frequency even further?

12 hours ago, Rin Tepis said:

I think you accidently translated a couple strings that cannot be translated. Those including the ones appearing in function calls to libs.ArousalThreshold("string here").

Strings that should not be translated are: "Desire", "Horny", and "Desperate".

That said, I will probably hardcode those in the next coming version, so they will no longer be used and you will not have to worry about if you can translate them.

This must come from the dhrTrainingBeltScript file since "Desire", "Horny", and "Desperate" are integrated there, as far as I can see. Unfortunately there are so many screen messages integrated that it would be a pity not to translate them.

You probably mean that you want to hard code it in version 1.2 and not in version 1.1?

17 minutes ago, morikawa said:

I want to like this mod, I really do and I think that this has a lot going for it. Continuing the story + questing while locked and training is something interesting, together with the trials you can undertake to decide how disruptive you want the mod to be.

HOWEVER, I am finding it very hard to continue as somehow this mod seems to continuously trigger the auto-edge command. I am literally taking 3 steps and getting an animation and by the time I recover from that animation, I take 5 steps and part 2 of the animation fires off, another 3 steps and part 3 fires off, and just when I think the cycle is done (stop short of an orgasm) so I can continue with my quest it immediately fires off again for another cycle.

I am actually finding it difficult to do the "Edge 3/5/8 times" trial because I literally can't slot the manual edging in due to the continuously stacked auto-edgings. Reducing the "random vibration frequency" doesn't seem to be helping as I'm still getting stacked edgings. I would love to have the mod to be somewhat disruptive (edging during combat was .. interesting) but not to the point where I can barely walk through town because I get animation blocked 10 times walking from the whiterun door to the bannered mare.

Is there some way to reduce the frequency even further?

I believe the auto edging you are describing is the random vibrations event. When this event is triggered, it will run for 10-120 seconds. If the player character is edged in the process, the vibration will stop, and resume after a couple seconds.

Therefore, I believe, the edgings you are receiving belong to the same event. Or in other words, the same event can cause more than one edgings. If my guess is correct, when you wait this one out (120 seconds maximum, excluding edging animation time), you will be free from edgings again.

Thay said, I will probably add a slider for controlling max duration for random vibration events for the next version.

13 minutes ago, AreaGamer said:

This must come from the dhrTrainingBeltScript file since "Desire", "Horny", and "Desperate" are integrated there, as far as I can see. Unfortunately there are so many screen messages integrated that it would be a pity not to translate them.

I am not sure what you mean. Those strings are used internally and will not be displayed to the player.

2 minutes ago, Rin Tepis said:

I believe the auto edging you are describing is the random vibrations event. When this event is triggered, it will run for 10-120 seconds. If the player character is edged in the process, the vibration will stop, and resume after a couple seconds.

Therefore, I believe, the edgings you are receiving belong to the same event. Or in other words, the same event can cause more than one edgings. If my guess is correct, when you wait this one out (120 seconds maximum, excluding edging animation time), you will be free from edgings again.

Thay said, I will probably add a slider for controlling max duration for random vibration events for the next version.

Thank you! I like the whole "collect all the plugs" idea which gives a nice goal to work towards for submitting to training and love watching my dragonborn questing while being belted and edged until she can go back for her next checkup. I would understand the long edging if I chose it as a trial (the 3/6 hours of weak vibrations) since I picked it myself, but sometimes I want to progress a normal quest so I pick something less disruptive and still get edged constantly and that gets irritating.

I just got really frustrated earlier because I got like almost 15 edges trying to climb one tower to fight the boss mob at the top (I actually got forced-edged during battle with the boss and ended up the whole combat scene was paused while the boss watched me run through the edged animations before continuing to fight) and then a whole lot more trying to leave the place. Like I said, watching her struggle to keep her composure while completing the quest is hot, so I would definitely like to keep that but at a level where I can still complete quests and progress with the game (which is my main problem with DD since it's almost impossible to continue with the game once you're gagged/arms bound).

Looking forward to it! And thank you for this mod, one of the first few DD mods that I've used at recommended values and still can play the game.

1 hour ago, Rin Tepis said:

I am not sure what you mean. Those strings are used internally and will not be displayed to the player.

This file contains strings that are displayed at the top left of the screen for certain actions of your mod. The translation of these strings has led to the fact that I got the error from DD. In my new translation to version 1.1 I have not translated this date.

11 hours ago, morikawa said:

Thank you! I like the whole "collect all the plugs" idea which gives a nice goal to work towards for submitting to training and love watching my dragonborn questing while being belted and edged until she can go back for her next checkup. I would understand the long edging if I chose it as a trial (the 3/6 hours of weak vibrations) since I picked it myself, but sometimes I want to progress a normal quest so I pick something less disruptive and still get edged constantly and that gets irritating.

I just got really frustrated earlier because I got like almost 15 edges trying to climb one tower to fight the boss mob at the top (I actually got forced-edged during battle with the boss and ended up the whole combat scene was paused while the boss watched me run through the edged animations before continuing to fight) and then a whole lot more trying to leave the place. Like I said, watching her struggle to keep her composure while completing the quest is hot, so I would definitely like to keep that but at a level where I can still complete quests and progress with the game (which is my main problem with DD since it's almost impossible to continue with the game once you're gagged/arms bound).

Looking forward to it! And thank you for this mod, one of the first few DD mods that I've used at recommended values and still can play the game.

I am glad you liked my mod.

However, is the frequency (of edgings) you are describing under the default settings or is it after setting the "Random vibration probability" to the minimum non-zero value (0.001)? If it is under the default settings, I should probably lower the default value, because those random vibrations event are not supposed to be truly disruptive. However, if it the after setting the probability to 0.001, then something is probably wrong with the mod. Because at that value, this event should be incredibly rare.

In addition, regarding the 3/6 hours of teasing vibrations: They will not edge you. They operate in a orgasm control mode I named "hover". They will keep your aroused (100) without actually edge you. That said, they will also cause the PC to do those aroused animations. However, since I figured it will be pretty annoying if the player's actions are constantly interrupted for 3 or even 6 hours, I implemented a hidden value called tolerance, which will increase over time within the same vibration session. When the tolerance is high, the animation will be up to 75% less frequent and the volume of vibrations and moan will also be up to 75% lower. Therefore, the teasing vibrations should not be that intolerable.

10 hours ago, AreaGamer said:

Update of the german translation to version 1.1, plus some little changes.

Devious Heatrise V1.1 - german translation.rar 53.99 kB · 0 downloads

10 hours ago, AreaGamer said:

This file contains strings that are displayed at the top left of the screen for certain actions of your mod. The translation of these strings has led to the fact that I got the error from DD. In my new translation to version 1.1 I have not translated this date.

Thank you for the translations! I will add it to the download section now. :D