10 hours ago, Rin Tepis said:

I am glad you liked my mod.

However, is the frequency (of edgings) you are describing under the default settings or is it after setting the "Random vibration probability" to the minimum non-zero value (0.001)? If it is under the default settings, I should probably lower the default value, because those random vibrations event are not supposed to be truly disruptive. However, if it the after setting the probability to 0.001, then something is probably wrong with the mod. Because at that value, this event should be incredibly rare.

In addition, regarding the 3/6 hours of teasing vibrations: They will not edge you. They operate in a orgasm control mode I named "hover". They will keep your aroused (100) without actually edge you. That said, they will also cause the PC to do those aroused animations. However, since I figured it will be pretty annoying if the player's actions are constantly interrupted for 3 or even 6 hours, I implemented a hidden value called tolerance, which will increase over time within the same vibration session. When the tolerance is high, the animation will be up to 75% less frequent and the volume of vibrations and moan will also be up to 75% lower. Therefore, the teasing vibrations should not be that intolerable.

I reduced it to 0.01 (which I assume is 10%) instead of the default 0.05. I think it took a while to kick into effect, but passing time for a few days and completing another cycle of checkups I do notice that the frequency is lesser now.

It's strange because for the 3/6 hours one I'm still getting the "you twitch involuntarily as the vibrators...", then "you are approaching orgasm", "the plugs stop abruptly..." because IIRC, the DD aroused uses something like "Your hands absentmindedly wander..." instead of the 3 stage edging that Heatrise does. I think the weak vibration edging for 3/6 hours is fine as it is because if I selected the trial, usually I'm doing an easy fetch quest instead of something difficult (e.g. trying to sneak through a dungeon). It's a nice distraction from the boredom of fetching things and it makes me fast travel less so I can see the Dragonborn struggle during the weak tease section.

I only just updated my mod to 1.1 so I'm going to check out the additional settings - looking forward to playing with it some more!

13 hours ago, morikawa said:

I reduced it to 0.01 (which I assume is 10%) instead of the default 0.05. I think it took a while to kick into effect, but passing time for a few days and completing another cycle of checkups I do notice that the frequency is lesser now.

Ah, if that is the case, I might want to reduce the default value then. (Changing this value should take effect immediately though.) I also probably should do more testings to see what value should it be changed to.

13 hours ago, morikawa said:

It's strange because for the 3/6 hours one I'm still getting the "you twitch involuntarily as the vibrators...", then "you are approaching orgasm", "the plugs stop abruptly..." because IIRC, the DD aroused uses something like "Your hands absentmindedly wander..." instead of the 3 stage edging that Heatrise does. I think the weak vibration edging for 3/6 hours is fine as it is because if I selected the trial, usually I'm doing an easy fetch quest instead of something difficult (e.g. trying to sneak through a dungeon). It's a nice distraction from the boredom of fetching things and it makes me fast travel less so I can see the Dragonborn struggle during the weak tease section.

Hmm.. That is indeed strange. Can you make sure it is actually the 3/6 hour weak vibration trial causing the edgings? It is possible that edgings you described were actually caused by a random vibrations event that was started right before you accept the trial? Anyways, if you are edged next time when doing the teasing vibration trial, can you run the console command "sqv dhr_vibrationController", take a note of the "::orgasmControlMode_var" variable, and let me know its value? 1 indicates it is running the hover mode, which is expected. However, if it is 2 (edge only) or 3 (orgasm only), then something is probably wrong.

image.png.05e3e310cc31967a3746a4b0027f2d4f.png

That said, I do think it is a good idea to edge the player even in the teasing mode. I will probably add a MCM option for it when this is resolved.

Anyways, thank you for trying out my mod. :D

11 minutes ago, piemsn said:

I keep getting killed by the health drain. Tried playing around with health and shock amount. I'm not too sure what's going on.

Are you using V1.0 on Skyrim LE? If so, you need to update to V1.1 (which will work on SE and LE).

V1.0 is not compatible with LE.

Otherwise, you might want to set the hp drain reservation ratio to a higher value. In setups where there are a lot of buff/debuff fluctuations, it will have to be more conservative when deciding how much hp to drain.

Okay, I'm back.

On 1/15/2021 at 1:36 AM, Rin Tepis said:

Your idea bout the consensual stuff does seem pretty solid to me. However, since 1) personally, I am much more into non-consensual sex/bdsm/training/etc. 2) the amount of work it would require to implement your idea is pretty huge, it will probably not happen any time soon. However, if you are willing to provide all the writing (writing pains me a lot) and storyline for this mode, then it is another story.

My attempt at that is in the attachment. It's pretty raw and not complete, but that would've took even longer. I also decided to make a lengthy introduction, a lore of sorts, to training and trials, that can pass as plausible. I also have a couple of thoughts on how to make quest beefier, but first I'd like to know if that's within the scope of this mod. (Tell me if attached text is hard to read, and in what format it would be easier.)

On 1/15/2021 at 1:36 AM, Rin Tepis said:

F. Change the body temperature is not a complicated thing to do. However, there are two problems with it. First, if the body temperature is changed, all the temperatures of the plugs will no longer be balanced. (training should still work, as the target temperature is calculated by body temperature + tolerance + target diff). Second, I am not familiar with Skyrim lore, so I don't know other races' body temperatures.

I meant as a couple of MCM numbers, race mods rarely use vanilla race record as a base, so making ranges for vanilla unplayable races is unlikely to result in anything. Plus, besides many modded races being far from lore, some players might like to RP as a character with unusual basic tolerances while using vanilla race.

Also, I've noticed that some of trials say "Real waiting only, moving time through menu, travel and sleeping won't work." Could this kind of thing be optional? Besides that concept feeling unimerrsive, which is pretty important for some, people who want to "cheat" will "cheat", people who don't want to do what they consider cheating will not do those things anyway. Or is there a more technical reason it had to be done this way that I'm missing?

heatrise.txt

15 hours ago, Rin Tepis said:

Are you using V1.0 on Skyrim LE? If so, you need to update to V1.1 (which will work on SE and LE).

V1.0 is not compatible with LE.

Otherwise, you might want to set the hp drain reservation ratio to a higher value. In setups where there are a lot of buff/debuff fluctuations, it will have to be more conservative when deciding how much hp to drain.

I'm on Skyrim LE and started with V1.1. I think I found the issue was the health drain chance in devious devices. Turned that off and I'm not dying while just standing now.

21 hours ago, Rin Tepis said:

Ah, if that is the case, I might want to reduce the default value then. (Changing this value should take effect immediately though.) I also probably should do more testings to see what value should it be changed to.

Hmm.. That is indeed strange. Can you make sure it is actually the 3/6 hour weak vibration trial causing the edgings? It is possible that edgings you described were actually caused by a random vibrations event that was started right before you accept the trial? Anyways, if you are edged next time when doing the teasing vibration trial, can you run the console command "sqv dhr_vibrationController", take a note of the "::orgasmControlMode_var" variable, and let me know its value? 1 indicates it is running the hover mode, which is expected. However, if it is 2 (edge only) or 3 (orgasm only), then something is probably wrong.

image.png.05e3e310cc31967a3746a4b0027f2d4f.png

That said, I do think it is a good idea to edge the player even in the teasing mode. I will probably add a MCM option for it when this is resolved.

Anyways, thank you for trying out my mod. :D

I've managed to pick the weak vibrations again and it does show as 1 as intended! Now the Dragonborn hovers at the first/second animation without hitting the "You are approaching orgasm" notification popping up. Perfect for suffering while running in the wilderness

20 hours ago, MstrN said:

My attempt at that is in the attachment. It's pretty raw and not complete, but that would've took even longer. I also decided to make a lengthy introduction, a lore of sorts, to training and trials, that can pass as plausible. I also have a couple of thoughts on how to make quest beefier, but first I'd like to know if that's within the scope of this mod. (Tell me if attached text is hard to read, and in what format it would be easier.)

Oh wow. Thank you for the effort. This is much more than I anticipated. However, to be honest, I don't expect this much story to be included in Devious Heatrise. Therefore, since you already knew how to use CK, I think you should make your proposed story into a separate mod. It can, but not necessarily rely on Devious Heatrise for providing the trial framework. If you need an API to be exposed from Devious Heatrise, please let me know. Otherwise, you can also simply copy my code as long as you provide credits and also license your code in GPLv3.

I meant as a couple of MCM numbers, race mods rarely use vanilla race record as a base, so making ranges for vanilla unplayable races is unlikely to result in anything. Plus, besides many modded races being far from lore, some players might like to RP as a character with unusual basic tolerances while using vanilla race.

That makes sense, I will add it into the https://trello.com/b/s5ztXbsq/devious-heatrise now. Thanks.

Also, I've noticed that some of trials say "Real waiting only, moving time through menu, travel and sleeping won't work." Could this kind of thing be optional? Besides that concept feeling unimerrsive, which is pretty important for some, people who want to "cheat" will "cheat", people who don't want to do what they consider cheating will not do those things anyway. Or is there a more technical reason it had to be done this way that I'm missing?

Yes, I can make them optional. However, there is already an option to lower the overall time of those timed trials. The reason I implemented them is not to prevent intentional cheating, but "accidental cheating". By "accidental cheating" I meant that people accidently skipped the entire trial by sleep/fast travel/wait while they actually wanted to experience.

Anyways, thanks for your suggestions. I think I have implemented most of your suggestions in your first post for V1.1. If I missed any, please let know. Again, thank you.

8 hours ago, piemsn said:

I'm on Skyrim LE and started with V1.1. I think I found the issue was the health drain chance in devious devices. Turned that off and I'm not dying while just standing now.

Thanks for letting me know. I was generally worried about my mod being broken on LE since I was not able to test it (on LE).

7 hours ago, morikawa said:

I've managed to pick the weak vibrations again and it does show as 1 as intended! Now the Dragonborn hovers at the first/second animation without hitting the "You are approaching orgasm" notification popping up. Perfect for suffering while running in the wilderness

Nice! Anyways, I will probably implement a MCM option controlling whether teasing vibrations can edge the player. I might even set it to on by default, because I think edging the dragonborn from time to time is very interesting.

59 minutes ago, Rin Tepis said:

However, to be honest, I don't expect this much story to be included in Devious Heatrise. Therefore, since you already knew how to use CK, I think you should make your proposed story into a separate mod. It can, but not necessarily rely on Devious Heatrise for providing the trial framework. If you need an API to be exposed from Devious Heatrise, please let me know. Otherwise, you can also simply copy my code as long as you provide credits and also license your code in GPLv3.

That's fair, but CK, or, more specifically, quests, and Papyrus scripting are major roadblocks for me in moving on with several things that are already on my to do list (They mostly collects dust on my HDD, though.). And by major roadblock I mean I have next to no knowledge how to build either of these things. I have a general idea of what API means, for example, but I've never interacted with them. So, chances of me actually doing an addon/neighboor mod to Heatrise are next to nonexistant.

Also, what's your opinion on general Patron/Client/Slave options?

1 hour ago, Rin Tepis said:

Yes, I can make them optional. However, there is already an option to lower the overall time of those timed trials. The reason I implemented them is not to prevent intentional cheating, but "accidental cheating". By "accidental cheating" I meant that people accidently skipped the entire trial by sleep/fast travel/wait while they actually wanted to experience.

Fair enough too, it's just the method is pinching my immersion sensors, so it's not actually something important, and just me thinking think that I'm not the only one whose tendrils will get caught in the machinery. Although, people who are into the stuff are usually aware of what things to avoid not to skip timers - I avoid fast-travel and waiting, for example, and only sleep when need mods are involved. I also just noticed that this timer is only seems to be present on shock plugs, which could actually interrupt sleeping.

Also, what are you thoughts about training from trials - like finishing armbinder trial could add fire/ice damage to unarmed attacks with arms bound, depending on amount of armbinder trials completed and types and tiers of plugs equipped.

On 1/21/2021 at 12:44 PM, MstrN said:

And by major roadblock I mean I have next to no knowledge how to build either of these things.

That is very unfortunate. Sorry, I don't know what is the best way of learning them because I made a ton of mistakes when I was trying to learn them. However, I do believe, if you take time to experiment, you should eventually figure them out.

Also, what's your opinion on general Patron/Client/Slave options?

As I said, I am more into non-consensual stuff. That means, I generally do not like the player having the ability to remove the chastity belt. Also, I am not that into using gold in a sex mod. (That is why there isn't a trial that requires the player to pay certain amount of gold.)

HOWEVER, these are only MY opinions. As I am sure you already knew, people's fetishes vary a lot. I am sure many people will really enjoy your ideas.

I avoid fast-travel and waiting, for example, and only sleep when need mods are involved.

My hope was that the player can still fast travel and wait (for other quests' purposes) without having to worry about missing out on the sexual stuff (edgings, etc).

I also just noticed that this timer is only seems to be present on shock plugs, which could actually interrupt sleeping.

I am not sure what you mean by this. As of 1.1, there are 5 timed trials: random shocks, teasing vibrations, stamina drain, magicka drain, and sleep deprivation. I believe the shocking you described is the effect of sleep deprivation, which, when the player attempts to sleep, will first try to start a strong vibration, and if that failed, will shock the player instead.

Also, what are you thoughts about training from trials - like finishing armbinder trial could add fire/ice damage to unarmed attacks with arms bound, depending on amount of armbinder trials completed and types and tiers of plugs equipped.

I like it, and I have added it to the "Ideas" list in the Trello board. However, that seems to be a lot of book tracking as DHr has no way of knowing whether the armbinder the player is equipping is from its trials. I might have to figure out some other bonuses that are more straightforward for selecting certain trials.

14 hours ago, Rin Tepis said:

As I said, I am more into non-consensual stuff. That means, I generally do not like the player having the ability to remove the chastity belt. Also, I am not that into using gold in a sex mod. (That is why there isn't a trial that requires the player to pay certain amount of gold.)

HOWEVER, these are only MY opinions. As I am sure you already knew, people's fetishes vary a lot. I am sure many people will really enjoy your ideas.

My question was more in the realm of "What's your opinion on that kind of implementation?", not "Will you implement that thing in general?", since you've answered that question before, in the similar way. Although I interpret your answer back then as "Maybe, with some assistance.", not "I'm not interested, but won't mind if someone else does this." - it's a fair answer either way, I just want to clear any misunderstandings.

11 hours ago, Rin Tepis said:

My hope was that the player can still fast travel and wait (for other quests' purposes) without having to worry about missing out on the sexual stuff (edgings, etc).

Also fair enough.

I am not sure what you mean by this. As of 1.1, there are 5 timed trials: random shocks, teasing vibrations, stamina drain, magicka drain, and sleep deprivation. I believe the shocking you described is the effect of sleep deprivation, which, when the player attempts to sleep, will first try to start a strong vibration, and if that failed, will shock the player instead.

Ah, my mistake. I didn't notice that wording in "ExplainClock" topic is not trial-specific and topic itself is linked to in several other trials. What I meant is that it would make sense for shock trial to interrupt sleeping instead of not counting down during sleep since I don't recall DD shock plugs doing so, but that's not really relevant.

I like it, and I have added it to the "Ideas" list in the Trello board. However, that seems to be a lot of book tracking as DHr has no way of knowing whether the armbinder the player is equipping is from its trials. I might have to figure out some other bonuses that are more straightforward for selecting certain trials.

When I thought about that, I mostly meant counting trials for progression and not actual time spent in devices. Another option would be to make a branch of trial-specific devices.

And a third option would be to go full DT and count any devices at any time, while adding several devices that have otherwise unavaliable trial effects - for people who are deeply uncomfortable with quests that force belt onto PC, or just don't want them.

As of bonuses, I have a list on my mind.

Spoiler

1) Level cap is 10. (Level) refers to training level with described device. All effects are only active when device is worn. (Besides gag, probably. Couldn't think of an interesting bonus.)
2) There's currently 4 tiers of both plugs. All related boons only occur when plugged with them.
(RelevantPlugTier) refers to inserted plugs, for example two inferno plugs give tier 8 heat, inferno and arctic give tier 4 heat and tier 4 cold, etc.
3) While players can (optionally) train on their own terms over time, each trial gives 1 full level on completion.

Stress training - boosts plug EXP gain speed when over tolerance level for (Level*5)%. Skill itself gains EXP at normal rate when within 10 degrees outside of tolerance range, up to double rate at above 20.

Edging - boosts all device training EXP gain by (Level*5)%, multiplied by (Current Arousal*0.01)%, so 50% at max arousal.

Vibrations - can't think of something interesting.
A) Increases the arousal of people around by (Level*5) when performing aroused animations. (Notification: "You put up quite a show!")
B) A (Level*8)% chance to resist rubbing yourself when prompted by DD.

Blindfold - grants Detect life/dead with an area of (Level*RelvantPlugTier*5), with heat plugs giving detect life and cold giving detect dead.

Gag - a couple:
A) There's a spell in Dragonbon expansion, "Breath of Nchuak", basically a steam "breath" akin to what centurion uses that's not blocked by a gag and uses stamina. Can it be adapted to look like fire/frost breath depending on plugs, and have damage of (Level*RelatedPlugTier) per second?
B) Boosts Fire/Frost breath shout damage by (Level*RelevantPlugTier)%

Arm restrains - adds (Level*RelevantPlugTier) fire/cold damage to unarmed attacks.

Boots - grants (Level*PlugTiers*0.5)% movement speed, halved in combat, doubled when sprinting, further doubled with arms bound.

Stamina drain - boosts Stamina regen by (Level*ColdPlugTier*5)% and max Stamina by (Level*FirePlugTier*2.5)

Magicka drain - boosts Magicka regen by (Level*FirePlugTier*5)% and max Magicka by (Level*ColdPlugTier*2.5)

Sleep deprivation - increases EXP (vanilla skills) gain by (Level*PlugTiers*0.05)%

Bra - a few:
A) Provides frontal ward with (Level*PlugTiers*2.5) strength.
B) Since I thought training would be anchored to Arcadia, I thought that an option of, ahem, alchemical production wouldn't be out of place, but since that's not the case for this list, idea seems way less valid yet, sill, in my opinion, interesting. Each day, produces (Level*RelevantPlugTiers*0.2) ingredients that are similar/identical to fire/frost salts. Maybe, some custom one if both plug types are worn.

Corset - a couple:
A) Increased carry weight by (Level*PlugTiers*2.5), doubled if arms are bound.
B) Grants fire/frost cloak effect, with damage of (Level*RelevantPlugTier) and area of (10+Level*RelevantPlugTier*0.25)

Collar - grants (Level*PlugTiers*5) armor when naked (slots 31, 32, 33, 37 are empty or have SexlabNoStrip or zad_Lockable keywords).
Optional: Allows clothing. (slots 31, 32, 33, 37 have no ArmorHeavy or ArmorLight keywords).

Cuffs - increase collar bonus by (Level*5)%. Requires both leg and arm cuffs to be worn.

Gloves, mittens:
A) Adds (Level*RelatedPlugTiers*0.25)% of damage as fire/cold damage to melee/arrow attacks.
B) Boosts fire/frost destruction magic strength by (Level*RelevantPlugTier*0.5)%
(I would be nice to have both, split between gloves and mittens, but not everyone uses mod that allows spellcasting when wearing them. As an option, maybe.)

Piercings - couldn't think of much.
Nipple piercings - Melee attackers receive (Level*RelatedPlugsTier*0.5) fire/cold damage.
Maybe, sets of heat/cold piercings, that are counted as half the tier each?

Belt - a few ideas:
A) Reduces all arousal changes by (Level*10)%, except those caused by climax. (Optionally on climax too.)
B) Reduces harmful effects from extreme plugs by (Level*5)%.
C) Other training effects are half as strong, but wearing belt boosts them by (Level*10)%
D) Optionally, training could also add constantly active strong debuffs, and belt reduces their strength by (Level)%, with level cap at 100 (both adjustable). A practical reason to wear belt all the time!

14 hours ago, MstrN said:

Although I interpret your answer back then as "Maybe, with some assistance.", not "I'm not interested, but won't mind if someone else does this." - it's a fair answer either way, I just want to clear any misunderstandings.

To be honest, "Maybe, with some assistance" was actually what I meant by "However, if you are willing to provide all the writing (writing pains me a lot) and storyline for this mode, then it is another story". The reason I backed out later was that I didn't anticipate your story to be this complex.

Anyways, in V1.1 I actually added a "consensual" mode, sort of. When you choose the book option when starting the quest, the book given will actually explain the training in full details (caveats included). I know this is probably not what you expected, but this should at least feel less deceptive.

14 hours ago, MstrN said:

for people who are deeply uncomfortable with quests that force belt onto PC, or just don't want them.

I assume the "people" you mentioned includes yourself. Since forced chastity belts is literally the core of my fetishes, can I ask why are you uncomfortable with them? Is it you don't like chastity belts or you don't like being forced to wear them? Or something else maybe?

Currently, approximately half of the training status is stored within the chastity belt item, so it is not really possible to add an option to remove the chastity belt from the quest. However, if the reason you don't like them is just you don't like chastity belts, maybe I can add an "alternative chastity belt" mode, which will hide the belt and rename the item in the inventory to something else ("Arcadia's Magical Seal" maybe?).

I can also add an option in the MCM which will disable the 5 checkups requirement, so you can stop the training at any point as long as all the timed trials have been completed.

-----

Now let's talk about the bonuses of the trials.

The reason why I brought up book keeping is because otherwise DHr does not know when a particular device-equipping trial is completed. However, I suppose I can mark the trial as completed (thus grant the bonus) as soon as the device is equipped. That way, I think I can go with option 1 (counting trials for progression and not actual time spent in devices).

First, Regarding bonus leveling, I think I will implement some exponential growth. I am currently looking at 3^n. Which means taking the same trial 3 times gives you the first level of bonus, 9 times the second level, 27 times the third level, etc. The idea is that the player should not be able to go much higher than level 3. The ultimate cap can be set at, for example, level 10, which is only there to prevent someone changing the save resulting game breaking buffs. (I will still have to consider the number before I make the final call though.)

Second, I hope the device related bonuses are mostly mitigations for the negative effects instead of actual buffs. (I want the player to keep searching for ways to get out of them no matter how high their bonus levels are.)

Third, I feel bonus that require both the device and plugs to be equipped at the same time somewhat finicky.

Now, let's get into the details.

Ideas I really like, and I think I will implement as is with some number tweaking:

• Stress training (I assume you meant trials such as +20C anal temperature)
  • Edging
  • Stamina drain
  • Magicka drain
  • Sleep deprivation

I didn't check the full list, but I believe you have missed the random shocks trial. Bonus for this trial can be that the player now has a chance to predict when a shock is coming and therefore try to clamp their vagina/anus, which will reduce the damage of the shocks.

Others:

15 hours ago, MstrN said:

Vibrations - can't think of something interesting.
A) Increases the arousal of people around by (Level*5) when performing aroused animations. (Notification: "You put up quite a show!")
B) A (Level*8)% chance to resist rubbing yourself when prompted by DD.

I think A is interesting (idk if it is a bonus, but I like it regardless). However, as of now, I don't know how to find actors near the player character. Hopefully this does not require any alias magic.

Regarding B, actually, I am adding vibration tolerance skills for the next version, which can be trained with any vibrating plugs. My plan is that during combat, the PC will try to hold off aroused animations/orgasms. These skills will allow the PC to last longer. (It will not affect scenarios outside combat, however.)

Blindfold - grants Detect life/dead with an area of (Level*RelvantPlugTier*5), with heat plugs giving detect life and cold giving detect dead.

I have not played much actual Skyrim, so I don't know what does detect life/dead do. I will have to check this one.

Gag - a couple:
A) There's a spell in Dragonbon expansion, "Breath of Nchuak", basically a steam "breath" akin to what centurion uses that's not blocked by a gag and uses stamina. Can it be adapted to look like fire/frost breath depending on plugs, and have damage of (Level*RelatedPlugTier) per second?
B) Boosts Fire/Frost breath shout damage by (Level*RelevantPlugTier)%

Currently, gag is always equipped alongside blindfold (so they should share the same trial bonus). However, I do think they probably should be separated, as they both provide pretty strong negative effects on their own terms.

That said, I actually don't know how to modify "Breath of Nchuak" or "Fire/Frost breath" without removing them, modify the base spell, and re-adding them to the player's spell list.

I think an alternative for this is to provide speech craft bonus when wearing a gag. (If I am not wrong, DD will apply speech craft down when wearing the gag. So this can be a mitigation for that.)

Arm restrains - adds (Level*RelevantPlugTier) fire/cold damage to unarmed attacks.

I think proving plain unarmed attack bonus is fine (without requiring relevant plugs), as unarmed attacks are always weaker than using weapons. Players should still be incentivized to struggle out arm restrains.

Boots - grants (Level*PlugTiers*0.5)% movement speed, halved in combat, doubled when sprinting, further doubled with arms bound.

I think the idea is fine. I will also make sure speed after these modifiers do not exceed the normal walking/sprinting speed (Again, I want wearing boots is always bad, and player will want to struggle out of them).

Bra - a few:
A) Provides frontal ward with (Level*PlugTiers*2.5) strength.
B) Since I thought training would be anchored to Arcadia, I thought that an option of, ahem, alchemical production wouldn't be out of place, but since that's not the case for this list, idea seems way less valid yet, sill, in my opinion, interesting. Each day, produces (Level*RelevantPlugTiers*0.2) ingredients that are similar/identical to fire/frost salts. Maybe, some custom one if both plug types are worn.

A. What is frontal ward? If it is a spell, again, I am not sure if I can modify it without doing a lot of hacks.

B. The problem is that if you are wearing a chastity bra, how do you get those items out of it?

If I am not wrong, DD applies an archery debuff when wearing a chastity bra. Maybe I can try to reduce it?

Corset - a couple:
A) Increased carry weight by (Level*PlugTiers*2.5), doubled if arms are bound.
B) Grants fire/frost cloak effect, with damage of (Level*RelevantPlugTier) and area of (10+Level*RelevantPlugTier*0.25)

I don't want those devices to provide pure buffs to the players. Therefore I will probably think of something else. This is tricky, because AFAIK, corsets don't apply negative effects by themselves. (Maybe I can actually go DT and start to apply negative effects of my own by default, however, that will make my quests somewhat mandatory, and I don't want to do that.)

Collar - grants (Level*PlugTiers*5) armor when naked (slots 31, 32, 33, 37 are empty or have SexlabNoStrip or zad_Lockable keywords).
Optional: Allows clothing. (slots 31, 32, 33, 37 have no ArmorHeavy or ArmorLight keywords).

Cuffs - increase collar bonus by (Level*5)%. Requires both leg and arm cuffs to be worn.

I don't think I can dynamically change armor rating on the fly, however, I guess I can probably apply a magic effect instead. Again, this is tricky, because they do not apply negative effects on their own.

Gloves, mittens:
A) Adds (Level*RelatedPlugTiers*0.25)% of damage as fire/cold damage to melee/arrow attacks.
B) Boosts fire/frost destruction magic strength by (Level*RelevantPlugTier*0.5)%
(I would be nice to have both, split between gloves and mittens, but not everyone uses mod that allows spellcasting when wearing them. As an option, maybe.)

Same issue as before. I will have to think about the ones that don't have negative effects.

Piercings - couldn't think of much.
Nipple piercings - Melee attackers receive (Level*RelatedPlugsTier*0.5) fire/cold damage.
Maybe, sets of heat/cold piercings, that are counted as half the tier each?

I don't have much ideas either. (Same issue)

(As a side note, I am also considering adding heating/cooling piercings.)

Belt - a few ideas:
A) Reduces all arousal changes by (Level*10)%, except those caused by climax. (Optionally on climax too.)
B) Reduces harmful effects from extreme plugs by (Level*5)%.
C) Other training effects are half as strong, but wearing belt boosts them by (Level*10)%
D) Optionally, training could also add constantly active strong debuffs, and belt reduces their strength by (Level)%, with level cap at 100 (both adjustable). A practical reason to wear belt all the time!

Since we are not going full DT (option 3), I guess we can skip this one.

------

Overall, I feel the bonus for trials that do not equip devices are pretty solid. However, the ones that involve equipping devices are somewhat unnatural, mainly because DD does not always apply significant negative effects that we can reduce. An alternative is to group all device equipping trials under one type ("Device trials", maybe), and the bonus for this super broad type can simply be something like add training speed.

Anyways, thank you so much for helping me brain storming. However, since the semester has started, it will take a while before I can implement all of these.

(When they are finished, I will definitely add you to the credits of the mod.)

10 hours ago, a117 said:

To be sure,report

after starting "Transcend Skill with Arcadia"
can overwrite Device with equipment from the same slot

Then, when you click on the device, nothing will be displayed.

Thanks for the report. That is really weird. Transcend skills quest line should not do anything related to Devious Device. Can you try to load a earlier save and see if it actually caused by transcending skills?

Wow, you are the author of the Wearable Technology! Amazing!

We really share a common xp system XD

btw, I'm curious about the difference between the Extreme and Mild(? I'm not sure, since I use the CN version) method to register your plugs to DD.

I don't understand the explanation below.

What will the extreme one result in?

15 hours ago, Rin Tepis said:

Thanks for the report. That is really weird. Transcend skills quest line should not do anything related to Devious Device. Can you try to load a earlier save and see if it actually caused by transcending skills?

Sorry I found the cause.

Diziet's Player Home Bath Undressing for SkyrimSE

Even if I set the settings to not remove the Slot, it seems that "something" in the Device is removed.

It may look like it's still attached, but after you get out of the bath, can use the same slot to attach other equipment

The only thing that didn't come off was the genital piercing.

Also, even after the device came off, the quest seemed to continue, and the temperature of the plug changed and vibrated.

Even though nothing was in the crevasse.

I tried to re-equip it. I was able to equip it, but no message appeared when I clicked on it.

I don't know what to do:(

ScreenShot103.png

ScreenShot104.png

On 1/25/2021 at 12:39 AM, swords12 said:

the training items never equip when starting the quest and when i try to put them on they vanish out of my invetory

Thanks for reporting. Are you using a save file that has once used Devious Device 4.3 (or earlier) and then later updated to Devious Device 5.0? If that is the case, you might have to start a new game, since upgrading Devious Device across majors versions is not supported. If not, please let me know.

19 hours ago, forsythia_vahl said:

Wow, you are the author of the Wearable Technology! Amazing!

We really share a common xp system XD

btw, I'm curious about the difference between the Extreme and Mild(? I'm not sure, since I use the CN version) method to register your plugs to DD.

I don't understand the explanation below.

What will the extreme one result in?

I think the translator has updated the translations. Therefore, you might want to consider using the newer version.

That said, for people who are wondering same thing: As of V1.1, DHr has 18 custom plugs. I have classified them into 2 categories: mild and extreme.

• Plugs belonging to the mild category: (warm, hot, frigid, cold) x (anal + vaginal)
  • Plugs belonging to the extreme category: (burning, inferno, freezing, arctic, unstable) x (anal + vaginal)

If you choose to register mild plugs, only plugs from the mild category will be registered. If you choose to register extreme category, only plugs from the extreme category will be registered. If you choose to register both, all plugs from DHr will be fair game.

HOWEVER, as far as I know (therefore correct me if I am wrong), there are currently no other mods that uses this device library. (Notably, Deviously Cursed Loot uses its own library.) Therefore, it is very possible that, even if you registered the plugs from DHr, no mod will actually use them.

If you have further questions, feel free to DM me in Chinese.

10 hours ago, a117 said:

Sorry I found the cause.

Diziet's Player Home Bath Undressing for SkyrimSE

Even if I set the settings to not remove the Slot, it seems that "something" in the Device is removed.

It may look like it's still attached, but after you get out of the bath, can use the same slot to attach other equipment

The only thing that didn't come off was the genital piercing.

Also, even after the device came off, the quest seemed to continue, and the temperature of the plug changed and vibrated.

Even though nothing was in the crevasse.

I tried to re-equip it. I was able to equip it, but no message appeared when I clicked on it.

I don't know what to do:(

ScreenShot103.png

ScreenShot104.png

From your description, it seems that the auto undressing mod you are using is incompatible with Devious Device. If that is the case, I will strongly encourage you to stop using that mod, because any mod that can unequip a quest item from DD is capable of potentially destroy any DD related quests.

If you have an earlier save, I will suggest you to use it. If not, you can try to go to DHr's MCM -> Training Quest -> Terminate training. This should have the best chance of fixing the save. If that still doesn't work, maybe try DD's MCM -> Debug -> Terminate DD quests. Other than that, I am afraid I don't have other advices to give.

Went for another go with this mod after the update.

Works as intended until i quit, at that point bug with training devices remaining in my inventory reoccured. After vendoring them and walking around for a while, got this eror message. Reasonably sure its the same as the first time.

ScreenShot1.png.ca2f714eb0aef2eca8754a450bee08b1.png