**The Official Fusion Girl 1.75+ Armor and Clothing Conversion Thread**

10 minutes ago, SlackJaw7 said:

Sorry for asking but what didnt you like about their bodyslides? asking to know if its worth to replace the ones I have.

it didn't have the current FG body, the socks were too big, I don't think the top was uniboob, at the ankles the transition between leg and feet was visible...!

Edited by N.Gamma
7 hours ago, lee3310 said:

I know most of you don't use vanilla clothes anymore ?Β and probably no armors but i have some major clipping with FG 1.88 vanilla armors (zeroslider preset) and this link is dead Fusion Girl Vanilla Outfits (Updated)Β byΒ BoceifusΒ - LoversLab -Β Fusion Girl Original.

Any replacement ?

Β 

I'm one of those terrible folks who don't use vanilla clothing and armors any longer, but the CCO replacer sets aren't too far off from vanilla, just with a skimpy vibe (certainly not as risque as Lazman's or Ghaans's replacers anyway).

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Β 

I'm one of those terrible folks who don't use vanilla clothing and armors any longer, but the CCO replacer sets aren't too far off from vanilla, just with a skimpy vibe (certainly not as risque as Lazman's or Ghaans's replacers anyway).

You terrible ?Β absolutely not, you're one of the kindest person I know around here?.

I'm already using CCO it helps with the clipping but doesn't replace armors.

PS

Never had this problem with Atomic Muscle.Β Β 

I also don't use vanilla clothing and armor anymore, but I'd like to mention for those of you that still do that part of your problem will be that those early outfits were very low polygon. When the outfit is much lower polygon than the reference body, you're going to have very bad issues with clipping.

Β 

The newer versions of Outfit Studio, however, let you mask portions of the outfit and "Refine Mesh" which will increase polygons selectively where you need it. Increasing polygons (selectively) is an essential part of modernizing the older outfits.

Β 

For those of us who use Fusion Girl (which is almost everyone in this thread), the areas which most need to increase polygon count on older outfits are breasts and crotch. If you use larger presets, you should also include the butt and maybe the hips on what to increase on those old outfits.

Β 

Also remember never to copy vagina bones onto clothing. If you did a "Copy Bone Weights" (which copies all the bones from the reference body), then manually go into the bones tab and remove the vagina bones from the clothing. And remember never to copy all bone weights on any outfit which has skirt or long coat cloth physics. If the outfit has cloth physics, instead:

- delete the lbreast and rbreast bones from the clothing

- copy the selected OCBPC bones (and on thongs also copy the anus as there's a pixel which could give you trouble if you don't)

- some strap outfits also need you to selectively copy the twist shoulder bones so they don't clip in game when your arms move.

Β 

Edit: An alternative to copying the anus bones is to manually pick a nearby bone and brush the unweighted pixel. I do that sometimes, but if I'm converting a lot of outfits, the extra manual step becomes considerably more time consuming if you can just solve the issue by including the anus bones on what you copy.

Β 

Edited by Karna5
23 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

I also don't use vanilla clothing and armor anymore, but I'd like to mention for those of you that still do that part of your problem will be that those early outfits were very low polygon. When the outfit is much lower polygon than the reference body, you're going to have very bad issues with clipping.

Β 

The newer versions of Outfit Studio, however, let you mask portions of the outfit and "Refine Mesh" which will increase polygons selectively where you need it. Increasing polygons (selectively) is an essential part of modernizing the older outfits.

Β 

For those of us who use Fusion Girl (which is almost everyone in this thread), the areas which most need to increase polygon count on older outfits are breasts and crotch. If you use larger presets, you should also include the butt and maybe the hips on what to increase on those old outfits.

Β 

Also remember never to copy vagina bones onto clothing. If you did a "Copy Bone Weights" (which copies all the bones from the reference body), then manually go into the bones tab and remove the vagina bones from the clothing. And remember never to copy all bone weights on any outfit which has skirt or long coat cloth physics. If the outfit has cloth physics, instead:

- copy the selected OCBPC bones (and on thongs also copy the anus as there's a pixel which could give you trouble if you don't)

- some strap outfits also need you to selectively copy the twist shoulder bones so they don't clip in game when your arms move.

Β 

Edit: An alternative to copying the anus bones is to manually pick a nearby bone and brush the unweighted pixel. I do that sometimes, but if I'm converting a lot of outfits, the extra manual step becomes considerably more time consuming if you can just solve the issue by including the anus bones on what you copy.

Β 

i did convert some FG conversion but still need copy all bones from the reference due to weight paint difference(i don't know which bones causing clipping)
need to manually choose one bone at the time if needed if the outfit is clipping then copy it.

2 minutes ago, ahboy99 said:

i did convert some FG conversion but still need copy all bones from the reference due to weight paint difference(i don't know which bones causing clipping)
need to manually choose one bone at the time if needed if the outfit is clipping then copy it.

Β 

I do recall that the first couple of versions of CBBE (2015 and maybe early 2016 if I remember correctly) changed the bone weights on the arms a bit. Those outfits needed the reference body replaced completely to avoid wrist seams when upgrading to newer versions of CBBE, but as that's already a step with Fusion Girl conversions, FG should be immune to that issue with the very oldest outfits.

Β 

Remember that because you're already doing the CBBE to FG conversion, and because you're already replacing the reference body, any clipping you have (with the exception of shoulder twist sometimes) is going to be related to polygon count rather than bone weights, so long as you're getting rid of the rbreast and lbreast bones and copying the bones specific to FG.

Β 

The standard vanilla bone weights (arms, legs, spine, etcetera) aren't going to cause you issues with clipping.

4 hours ago, xXDeliteXx said:

How would you even batch build for these when Fusion Girl doesnt even have bodyslide files??
Not included, not on the forum, not on Nexus. Nowhere.

umm.....what?

Β 

FG does indeed have bodyslide files, or you wouldn't even be able to make your characters body.

Outfit bodyslide files come with the outfits.

Β 

Or maybe I was just hallucinating when I batch built all my CCO outfits in my game

5 hours ago, xXDeliteXx said:

How would you even batch build for these when Fusion Girl doesnt even have bodyslide files??

Β 

I guess when you say "nowhere" you mean on Loverslab.

Β 

Here's your free cluepon for today:

Β 

8 hours ago, Karna5 said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Thank you for sharing your insight KarnaΒ ?Β 

8 hours ago, xXDeliteXx said:

Β 

Open up the 7z archive and you'll see them all in the 10 BODYSLIDE\Tools\BodySlide folder. Maybe they're not being installed to the expected location by your mod manager, or perhaps you missed enabling them in the FOMOD installer menu when you installed FG?

14 hours ago, lee3310 said:

You terrible ?Β absolutely not, you're one of the kindest person I know around here?.

I'm already using CCO it helps with the clipping but doesn't replace armors.

Β 

Ahh, yes I think I do still end up using the vanilla armor conversions from FG when they're missing from the CCO sets. GrafPanzer was talking about also adding a dismemberable FG conversion for the CCO edits of Eli's Armor Replacer, though hasn't indicated how far along that is (sticky comment from a year ago says "I'm not on a schedule").