How can i detect if Player has some FNIS Alternate Animations applied from DD?

(for example, the alternate anims applied when wearing a Hobble Dress)

I want to prevent my scripts overriding any Alternate Animations set by DD.

EDIT: Nevermind, i think i found the solution.

Before i try to apply any Alternate Animations, i call zadBoundCombatScript.GetPrimaryAAState(Player) and zadBoundCombatScript.GetSecondaryAAState(Player), and depending on the return values i abort applying the AA, or apply only partial/limited subset.

It works well, but if anyone has a better idea, please do share.

Edited by Roggvir

Is there a list of how to remove things? For example, it seems like if you put on the mittens and gag they are stuck on forever because you can't put anything in your inventory (i.e., you can't use keys) and you can't talk to anyone to ask them to remove them. Is that just how it works? Basically, the character is broken now unless you use the debug feature to remove them?

I just wanted know if the mod is supposed to be set up so it's possible to break your character where the only way to fix it is to use debug, or is there a way to get out of everything with the right clever combination of things?

It's fun if it's a challenge, it's not so fun if it's just broken with certain combinations of devices and the only way to fix is to debug.

Edited by fmilluminatus
34 minutes ago, fmilluminatus said:

Is there a list of how to remove things? For example, it seems like if you put on the mittens and gag they are stuck on forever because you can't put anything in your inventory (i.e., you can't use keys) and you can't talk to anyone to ask them to remove them. Is that just how it works? Basically, the character is broken now unless you use the debug feature to remove them?

I just wanted know if the mod is supposed to be set up so it's possible to break your character where the only way to fix it is to use debug, or is there a way to get out of everything with the right clever combination of things?

It's fun if it's a challenge, it's not so fun if it's just broken with certain combinations of devices and the only way to fix is to debug.

The mittens can be removed, its just a pain in the ass.  You need a bunch of restraint keys, expect to drop alot and lose a few.  I just use the universal key if I get a trap with mittens.  If DD had a wishlist, I'd wish that we could disable certain devices from ever being used.  I'd banish mittens and everything chastity.  I guess some people like that but for me its just annoying and cause for immediate universal key usage.  :)

1 hour ago, fmilluminatus said:

Is there a list of how to remove things? For example, it seems like if you put on the mittens and gag they are stuck on forever

Yes, the escape mechanics of this mod are really hardcore, I never liked them much.

You might want to try either DD Escape Overhaul or the DD Helpers (I use them both).

As long as you don't have Cursed Loot quest items equipped, your friendly Devious Follower might also help you for a small fee.

2 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

The mittens can be removed, its just a pain in the ass.  You need a bunch of restraint keys, expect to drop alot and lose a few.  I just use the universal key if I get a trap with mittens.  If DD had a wishlist, I'd wish that we could disable certain devices from ever being used.  I'd banish mittens and everything chastity.  I guess some people like that but for me its just annoying and cause for immediate universal key usage.  :)

Ahh, thanks! Figured it out, but I guess the mittens can't be removed if you have an armbinder, and the armbinder has a 1 hour timer for each try. This is kind of a shitshow, honestly, and isn't fun at all. Considering the mod author also auto-checked the box where you can't adjust anything in the MCM unless you're not wearing restraints, it seem like this mod was made as an intentional troll to piss people off. 

1 hour ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Yes, the escape mechanics of this mod are really hardcore, I never liked them much.

You might want to try either DD Escape Overhaul or the DD Helpers (I use them both).

As long as you don't have Cursed Loot quest items equipped, your friendly Devious Follower might also help you for a small fee.

It seems like mod is not designed for fun, but just to piss the player off and ruin the game, after you accidentally get one of the pieces stuck on your character. 

Edited by fmilluminatus
10 hours ago, fmilluminatus said:

Ahh, thanks! Figured it out, but I guess the mittens can't be removed if you have an armbinder, and the armbinder has a 1 hour timer for each try. This is kind of a shitshow, honestly, and isn't fun at all. Considering the mod author also auto-checked the box where you can't adjust anything in the MCM unless you're not wearing restraints, it seem like this mod was made as an intentional troll to piss people off.

I wouldn't put it so harshly, but yes, the default settings are really a pain in the lower backside.

Luckily, once you've run into this issue, you start tweaking the MCM settings right in the starting cell - no, don't ever enter Helgen Keep and start the Chloe questline, or your fast travel will be disabled for what seems like an eternity - and you can save your settings, and reload on the next playthrough.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, aalt said:

Animations aren't playing

Run FNIS.

6 minutes ago, aalt said:

devices other than gags (so far tried with chastity belt and ankle/wrist cuffs) don't appear.

Run bodyslide.

13 hours ago, Thomsen420 said:

how do i build the assets with bodyslide?

You first need a tool to build body slide, which is Bodyslide and Outfit studio LE. Then you need to bind it to your mod manager, google how to do that. 

Now if you are using MO2.

Run tool inside MO2.

Choose batch build.

A list will appear and you can choose which asset for which item in game. Start up with body type, my advise is CBBE HDT. Some armor has HDT option, pick them too, they will give those item physic for something like boob.

Build all.

Close tool.

Now in the MO2 left panel, scroll to the bottom and right click the 'overwrite' text and select new mod/folder. It will group all the asset you just build into a folder/mod for you. Put that mod in the bottom of the list.

On 5/6/2022 at 12:59 PM, CaptainJ03 said:

I wouldn't put it so harshly, but yes, the default settings are really a pain in the lower backside.

Luckily, once you've run into this issue, you start tweaking the MCM settings right in the starting cell - no, don't ever enter Helgen Keep and start the Chloe questline, or your fast travel will be disabled for what seems like an eternity - and you can save your settings, and reload on the next playthrough.

The save load setting function only work if you use the SAME version of the mod when you save it. Or else hear me wise, it a disaster. 

I once update the patch from 5.0 to 5.1 and use the load setting feature. Things start going crazy. I remove all clothing and my body except the head turn invisible. Then I wear a boot and the body appear again. Then I wear a glove and the arm disappeared. It just randomly turn a part of your body invisible when you equip/unequip items.

I believe similar thing will happen if you update BETA patch and use the load feature as well.

So, I've been customising some of the hood meshes and wanted to make them more realistic by making them act as if they were ring gags. I went to TES5Edit and applied the zad_PermitOral keyword, added the zadGagScript and the zad_enchGag to their respective Armor records, leaving them identical to the ring gag records. Even though, the character still doesn't open her mouth like in a regular gag, is there anything else I should modify to apply the open mouth effect? Thanks for the help

Edited by KrisHummings
On 6/2/2022 at 3:48 AM, KrisHummings said:

So, I've been customising some of the hood meshes and wanted to make them more realistic by making them act as if they were ring gags. I went to TES5Edit and applied the zad_PermitOral keyword, added the zadGagScript and the zad_enchGag to their respective Armor records, leaving them identical to the ring gag records. Even though, the character still doesn't open her mouth like in a regular gag, is there anything else I should modify to apply the open mouth effect? Thanks for the help

Hello, you also need to add zad_enchGag enchant on to render device (script instance) armor. Enchant have script which periodically apply gag effect which makes mouth open.

Spoiler

image.png.00730d40d6458de5644b5a40984fcc11.png

7 hours ago, ihatemykite said:

Hello, you also need to add zad_enchGag enchant on to render device (script instance) armor. Enchant have script which periodically apply gag effect which makes mouth open.

Oh I just saw that the item I'm trying to modify (zadx_gag_facemask_biz_black_ "Face Mask") doesn't have a _scriptInstance record, so I suppose it was never meant to run the open mouth script. I naively tried to create one, but it didn't do the trick. Does that mean the inclusion of a _scriptInstance to an item is scripted?

17 hours ago, KrisHummings said:

Oh I just saw that the item I'm trying to modify (zadx_gag_facemask_biz_black_ "Face Mask") doesn't have a _scriptInstance record, so I suppose it was never meant to run the open mouth script. I naively tried to create one, but it didn't do the trick. Does that mean the inclusion of a _scriptInstance to an item is scripted?

Sorry for not explaining it properly, they don't have to be named _scriptinstance. In this case, the render device is named zadx_gag_facemask_biz_black_Rendered. If you want to find the correct device, it's best to use inventory device script which have filled reference for render device. Also, I'm not quite sure why are they called script instances when they have no script, but whatever (maybe because they are important for scripts?).

Spoiler

image.png.ea8da8e65251d550921c252022987078.png

If you want to know what is the difference between these  armors, then it's quite simple.

• Inventory device is what you see in inventory, that is why it is called inventory device.
  • Render device is the armor which is rendered on the player (aka, what you can actually see in game).

Reason why there are 2 types is because inventory device gets quite often unequipped and thus if the inventory device would be used for actual armor, it will create now very pleasant experience because every time you select it in inventory it will get unlocked (and will create bugs because the worn keyword will change too quickly). For that reason, there is render device. Render device doesn't have armor name and because of that the armor will not show in inventory. Nevertheless, it's still armor, and it can be enchanted and most importantly it can have keywords.

So in short, if you get device locked on yourself, it will just equip the inventory device. The inventory device will then create a render device and equips it on the actor. Then, every time the inventory device is selected, it will open the device menu (it uses OnUnequipped event, so it opens the menu when the inventory device is unequipped).

So if you wan't the mask to make player open mouth, you will have to add the zad_enchGag enchant on to zadx_gag_facemask_biz_black_Rendered. You will also have to remove the zad_GagNoOpenMouth keyword.

Also, now rereading your question I may have understood the question wrong. Check if the zadequipscript script on inventory device is filled properly. Mainly the device inventory and render device. These needs to be ones you created (inventory device have to point to the same device which have the script)

2 hours ago, ihatemykite said:

Hide contents

image.png.ea8da8e65251d550921c252022987078.png

Finally got it working! My deviceRendered property was still using the ring gag rendered record. Now that I know the differnce between the Inventory and Render records it makes more sense. Thank you very much for the help!

Just an idea for when you get around to this mod again, The mistress is not that great a dom right now, so I was thinking a series of mini-quests revolving around restraints. "The benefits of X" Series with X being things like "being Gagged" and "High Heels" and such. Things that provide small perks that make it easier. The idea for gagged would be to choose your words better thanks to the experience talking while gagged, so you have higher chance to succeed with speech/intimidate.