[mod] Regula Magistri

8 hours ago, Shane843 said:

Is there a way to tell if your famuli are using the Fascinare scheme or not?

Nothing I could code. I set the AI priority super high though, so they'll be taking the decision as often as possible.

On 7/4/2022 at 4:05 PM, bobbily said:

Nothing I could code. I set the AI priority super high though, so they'll be taking the decision as often as possible.

There might be a slight logic problem there going from memory.

While using it may have a high priority, they have to be attracted to their target. If they can only target females, and happen to be female themselves that leaves one rather large group out of the loop. As heterosexual women aren't as likely to pass the "is attracted to" test where other women are concerned.

Two questions.

1. Which file would I need to edit to reduce the amount of prestige and piety required for a dominate (Mulsa?) war of conquest? It's set to 550 of each.

I've just had a trawl through all the files but I failed to spot it?

2. What is the 'correct' way of using this mod?

e.g.

Fascinare the wife of a foreign ruler.

Tell wifey to send hubby to convent (or your dungeon).

What do I do now?

In my current game the best option is to do the dominate conquest as mentioned above. In one of my previous games the fascinared wives were periodically seizing control and my realm would expand without me lifting a finger. I've no idea what set of circumstances made this happen.

Is there another/better methodology?

On 7/10/2022 at 10:39 AM, Grey Cloud said:

Two questions.

1. Which file would I need to edit to reduce the amount of prestige and piety required for a dominate (Mulsa?) war of conquest? It's set to 550 of each.

I've just had a trawl through all the files but I failed to spot it?

2. What is the 'correct' way of using this mod?

e.g.

Fascinare the wife of a foreign ruler.

Tell wifey to send hubby to convent (or your dungeon).

What do I do now?

In my current game the best option is to do the dominate conquest as mentioned above. In one of my previous games the fascinared wives were periodically seizing control and my realm would expand without me lifting a finger. I've no idea what set of circumstances made this happen.

Is there another/better methodology?

I believe the taking control and them expanding your realm by joining you is dependent on empire size - they'll only join you if they can be vassals.

However, for your situation I've found I like the following: Tell wifey to send hubby to your dungeon, then declare war to annex.  You'll auto-win when her scheme succeeds...

1 hour ago, Darkmind_mc said:

I believe the taking control and them expanding your realm by joining you is dependent on empire size - they'll only join you if they can be vassals.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make much sense. What or how does the size of an empire come into it? Why does it have to be an empire (which I am anyway)?

What do you mean by the last part? They will be vassasls if they join.

1 hour ago, Darkmind_mc said:

Tell wifey to send hubby to your dungeon, then declare war to annex.  You'll auto-win when her scheme succeeds...

Again, this doesn't make much sense. Apart from being what i said I'm doing  - what does auto-win mean? This method works but it is very slow.

15 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I'm sorry but that doesn't make much sense. What or how does the size of an empire come into it? Why does it have to be an empire (which I am anyway)?

What do you mean by the last part? They will be vassasls if they join.

By size here I mean more 'tier' - If you're a Duke, you're not going to get a King to be your vassal, or even another Duke, you'd only be able to grab a Count or a Countess.  Empresses won't become vassals of Emperors, etc.  I think there's an interaction on the other side as well - a Count can't switch alliances to a different Emperor, they need to have their Duke and King switch, etc.

Again, this doesn't make much sense. Apart from being what i said I'm doing  - what does auto-win mean? This method works but it is very slow.

By auto-win I mean you win the war as soon as you take the ruler prisoner.  And yes this is fairly slow - even more so since there's a limit on the number of wars of conquest you can start.

So I'm getting what I think is a bug with the child education decision. 

Whenever there's any change of land ownership within my realm (passed to heir, or granting it to someone after conquering it), all of my sent-away children just flock back to my court. 

Is that intentional? If not, how can I fix this bug?

On 7/13/2022 at 6:40 AM, Grey Cloud said:

Right, so the thing I'm trying to find out is what causes a 'fascinare chain'. They've just started popping up in my own territory which I don't recall ever seeing before.

What causes them? What dictates how long the chain is?

For many of the holy site options, capture of Rome by a famuli member turns the fascinare process into something of a virus that if I understand correctly can spread rapidly.

Beyond that, there is another holy site which unlocks the fascinare scheme for your Paelex and Domina on a cool down, that requires them to be attracted to their target(and the target must be female). That location is variable depending on what holy site set you have chosen.

Otherwise, Mulsa/Paelex/Domina can help "spread" it as well without need of the Fascinare Scheme. But that only applies to wards that turn 16 while under their care.

Edited by Monedeath
6 minutes ago, Monedeath said:

For many of the holy site options, capture of Rome by a famuli member turns the fascinare process into something of a virus that if I understand correctly can spread rapidly.

Well I hadn't been on any pilgrimages and as far as i remember there were not any sites in my territory.

Well I hadn't been on any pilgrimages and as far as i remember there were not any sites in my territory.

Pilgrimages are irrelevant, and it doesn't need to be in your territory - it just needs to be controlled by someone in your religion.

2 hours ago, Darkmind_mc said:

it just needs to be controlled by someone in your religion.

Okay, thanks. I'll check out that angle but I don't think there were any sites either in my territory or were there any other magister realms out there. Definitely in my last (aborted) game the chain was only going one or two women.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 3:25 PM, X2Z said:

does anyone know if i reform the faith to add more tenets using the more tenets mod, will the storyline or events still trigger?

I don't think there will be much story line after you can reform the faith, however if I remember correctly, you will have option to break the "old faith" holy army after you reform

On 8/6/2022 at 2:57 PM, idkwhattoputy said:

will this get an update soon? thinking of playing ck3 again but don't want to without this mod lol

Did one of the hotfixes break the mod?  It should be good for v1.6.

I haven't been playing CK3 at all lately, so a (non-compatibility) update in the near future is unlikely.

49 minutes ago, bobbily said:

Did one of the hotfixes break the mod?  It should be good for v1.6.

I haven't been playing CK3 at all lately, so a (non-compatibility) update in the near future is unlikely.

I haven't played ck3 at all either but was just wondering if there was an update coming so I would have just waited before playing.

5 hours ago, DeyoZero said:

I used to love this mod.  Now I can't make any progress because I can't force the game to allow me to grant titles to women, and figuring it out feels like I'm working at a second job.

Thanks for the memories I guess.

You can only grant titles that belong to you. So you either need to revoke a title belonging to someone else, or be mindful of which conquest option you're using in game.

In other words, if you do a normal conquest of a Duke, you may get the Duke's titles, but you get their vassals too. If you do a Holy War instead, you only get the vassals who share your faith.

In the early game where you're presumably the same faith as your neighbors, this likely translates into conquering individual counties so YOU control them, then gifting them to a woman that you then show the book to.

Could you suppress the child comes of age notification? There's so many. And I've not even got all that many spouses. Just like 30. 

Also, the create contubernalis interaction flavour text reads like you're draining their soul to become immortal. Is this actually the case?

Edited by JohnDWizard
another question/no double post
4 hours ago, Monedeath said:

You can only grant titles that belong to you. So you either need to revoke a title belonging to someone else, or be mindful of which conquest option you're using in game.

In other words, if you do a normal conquest of a Duke, you may get the Duke's titles, but you get their vassals too. If you do a Holy War instead, you only get the vassals who share your faith.

In the early game where you're presumably the same faith as your neighbors, this likely translates into conquering individual counties so YOU control them, then gifting them to a woman that you then show the book to.

The titles belong to me, but when I try to give them to a Spellbound woman, it says the laws prohibit giving titles to women.

4 hours ago, Monedeath said:

The titles belong to me, but when I try to give them to a Spellbound woman, it says the laws prohibit giving titles to women.