[mod] Regula Magistri

1 hour ago, Cukihun said:

Is this mod still being updated or abandoned?

This might provide some insight:

On 8/9/2022 at 7:48 PM, bobbily said:

Did one of the hotfixes break the mod?  It should be good for v1.6.

I haven't been playing CK3 at all lately, so a (non-compatibility) update in the near future is unlikely.

As to your prior question about translations. IIRC, bobbily is happy to include them if someone else has done the work, and has even iterated versions in the past to include them. But they have to be around in around in order to do that. There some minor tweaks and fixes needed for the current version of CK3, but from what I'm seeing, the game breaking only starts when it comes to interactions with other mods. Which may or may not be a RM problem.

But to help with what you're doing, another translator's post in this same discussion thread that you might want to jump back to: 

On 3/19/2022 at 8:20 AM, Mederic said:

@bobbily I fixed my translation so it includes the new keys, I used the helper script but it removes your comments, so I modified it to keep them.

Also I noticed one key was duplicated in the regula_childhood_events_l_english.yml file: regula_childhood_event.0010.e.tt (it should be regula_childhood_event.0010.f.tt) and ":1", ":2" and ":3" were used after the keys in some of the english localization files, it's not good, I fixed them.

@poipopi I suggest you use the "localization_helper.py" script with python 3, and run the command

python localization_helper.py update --lang simp_chinese

It creates all the files for you with correct file and key names, then you just need to replace the values. Good luck! CK3 localization page

Edited by Monedeath
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, AkioShigeru said:

Is there any chance that this mod would be updated for the Elder Kings mod? Its working until you actually establish your religion but then you have no holy sites so no modifiers ?

I'd be surprised if it worked out of the box with Elder Kings even if holy sites were set already; EK2 has big changes to the religion system. That said, I'd be interested in this for EK2 myself - or a similar mod that makes use of EK2's various systems, like the magic system.

On 11/15/2022 at 9:52 AM, AkioShigeru said:

Is there any chance that this mod would be updated for the Elder Kings mod? Its working until you actually establish your religion but then you have no holy sites so no modifiers ?

16 hours ago, LangyMD said:

I'd be surprised if it worked out of the box with Elder Kings even if holy sites were set already; EK2 has big changes to the religion system. That said, I'd be interested in this for EK2 myself - or a similar mod that makes use of EK2's various systems, like the magic system.

so after testing and looking at the files it looks like the changes to religion mostly don't change the vanilla files. the only ones I saw that changed vanilla things were tied to adultery and pregnancy.

It should run along side ek2 just fine. as for making it fit in with ek2 for holy sites it shouldn't be that hard but idk what holy sites to use. maybe the ones from the sanguine cult... but since ek2 has a system of founding new holy sites mid game idk if there is really any reason to add pre-existing holy sites. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I was working on personal modifications to this mod, and it ended up being very extensive so I'm going to share it here
Please note, its currently still very much a "work in progress", I'm still testing my changes atm to make sure nothing has broken
I've decided to upload it here before its fully tested so people can give me feedback and also share any bugs they find

also @bobbily, In the attached Zip file is my Git commits, so you can have a look and add them to yours if you want. I looked at Github but it looked really out of date

EDIT: Added some hotfixes for Fascinare (i forgot a { and it causes quite a few issues)
Also removed is_diplomaticaly_available as mentioned below (thanks @Supersam109), replaced with just is_available

The current change list is:

By Ban10

New Requirements
    - Cheri - Lewd COAs for Magistri COAs, template uses them, Magistri culture COAs will be blank if mod not installed. Soft requirement

Fixes
    - Fix common\genes\regula_gene_accessories_misc.txt so that Character Body Overhaul doesnt crash when used with Regula Magistri
    - Fix common\religion\doctrines\regula_core_tenets.txt, recopy base game due to changes from CK3 1.8 "Robe"

Changes
    - Regula Religeon changes
        1. Religeon colour changed to purple
        2. First tenet set to Sacred Childbirth
        3. Change virtues and sins
        4. Clerical Doctrine set to Recruitment
      As part of this change, changing your holy sites will no longer change your first tenet to a different one, it is now fixed to sacred childbirth.

- Show Book (initial conversion before freeing Keeper of Souls) now has no cooldown, and a six month cooldown against recipients (in case they decline)
    - Fascinare is now faster for your wife/concubine, close family and extended family.
        - Wife/concubine start at 9 progress
        - close family start at 6 progress
        - extended family start at 3 progress

- Bloodline goal changes
        - Multitasker now only needs 3 pregnant wives at once, 8 was a bit much

New Features
    - Add new set of holy sites to Britain, contained within Brittania (the Empire Title), Plan to make more of these with all 5 holy sites contained within an empire title. I like the idea of playing a campaign where taking an empire title gives you all the holy sites and their associated powers/benefits.

- Add new decision "Claim Initiates", similar to "Invite Debutantes". If you have Holy Orders of the Magistratin Faith you can generate new female courtiers for your own court. The more counties your Holy orders hold (combined across your realm), the better traits and educated the initiates will be. Holding the Holy site that makes girls more common increases number of initiates to five.
    For now:
        - 1-14 counties gives you "commoner" initiates, on par with "Invite Debutantes"
        - 14-29 counties gives you "noble" initiates, very good courtiers
        - 30+ counties gives you "royal" inititates, probally OP, but you deserve it!

- Add Obedience Blood Trait - 10 successful ward enslavements in a single lifetime (having a mulsa/domina give you their ward counts). Female only. Gives Stress reduction and bonus opinion of those of the same faith. Obedient female Characters in your realm will automatically come to you to be dominated, even if they aren't your ward or the ward of a mulsa.

New Features - Work in progress
    - Add Revealing clothing rule, using CBO clothing. Needs Character Body Overhaul installed. Still work in progess so not on by default for now. If you do not have CBO installed and set the option to enabled, it wont crash, just wont load any clothes.

- Add Magistri culture, uses [Cheri - Lewd COAs](https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/20916-lewd-coas/) for COAs. Currently using anglic/english culture as base, with different traditions. Mostly playable, minor issues with mercenary groups not being properly generated sometimes (no Knights/COAs) late in a campaign, might be related to gender law. Note, this culture uses custom COAs which replaces coat_of_arms_template_lists {all{}}, not sure how to correctly merge this with vanilla COA templates.

Some Pictures of the new stuff:

Claim Initiates Event (also revealing clothing):
Claim Inititates Event
New British Holy Sites Option and New COAs for Magistri culture
image.png.ec8ddb82d735b7ffe02db4cacee27d43.png                  Lewd COAs

Regula_Magistri_0.95.zip

Edited by ban10
hotfixes
21 hours ago, ban10 said:

Hi all,

I was working on personal modifications to this mod, and it ended up being very extensive so I'm going to share it here
Please note, its currently still very much a "work in progress", I'm still testing my changes atm to make sure nothing has broken
I've decided to upload it here before its fully tested so people can give me feedback and also share any bugs they find
EDIT: oops, found a bug, will fix and actually post it here in a few mins
also @bobbily, In the attached Zip file is my Git commits, so you can have a look and add them to yours if you want. I looked at Github but it looked really out of date

Got a few errors which i managed to fix by just ripping it off, mostly ''Is_diplomatically_available'' lines which i think got changed in 1.7? couldnt find their more recent equivalent.
Also for those who don't wanna play with CBO just removing the line that requires it does the job

Also only thing missing is the sprite for sacred childbirth since rn it's a black/pink squares, a placeholder is recommended (can use vanilla sprites) 

39 minutes ago, xxyou009 said:

sad,I'M a big fan of princes of darkness and Oriental emires,but this mod will crash when i use one of them, anybody can teach me to make some change?

Managed to do PoD in the past, you basically gotta modify the total conversion files directly (make backups in case it updates and overwrites) also you can look in regula magistri file there should be error logs that points you where the fuck ups are.

Edited by Supersam109
11 minutes ago, Supersam109 said:

遇到了一些错误,我只是通过撕掉它来解决,主要是我认为在 1.7 中更改的“Is_diplomatically_available”行?找不到他们最近的等价物。
同样对于那些不想玩 CBO 的人来说,只需删除需要它的行就可以完成工作

唯一缺少的是神圣分娩的精灵,因为它是黑色/粉红色的方块,建议使用占位符(可以使用香草精灵) 

过去设法做 PoD,你基本上必须直接修改总转换文件(进行备份以防它更新和覆盖)你也可以查看 regula magistri 文件,应该有错误日志指出你他妈的在哪里。

Emmm, wanna know more,please bro

24 minutes ago, xxyou009 said:

Emmm, wanna know more,please bro

Essentially, if you want a quick and dirty fix is changing the family religion to one in the mods in the regula magistri file and reforming the faith, probably simplest to do it but there might be bugs abound but simple if you don't know how to do it more thoroughly

Edited by Supersam109
3 hours ago, Supersam109 said:

Got a few errors which i managed to fix by just ripping it off, mostly ''Is_diplomatically_available'' lines which i think got changed in 1.7? couldnt find their more recent equivalent.
Also for those who don't wanna play with CBO just removing the line that requires it does the job

Also only thing missing is the sprite for sacred childbirth since rn it's a black/pink squares, a placeholder is recommended (can use vanilla sprites) 

Managed to do PoD in the past, you basically gotta modify the total conversion files directly (make backups in case it updates and overwrites) also you can look in regula magistri file there should be error logs that points you where the fuck ups are.

is_diplomatically_available was changed to is_busy_in_events_localised.  This seems to have been a split somehow as they also created is_busy_in_events_unlocalised.  However it also looks like they didn't fancy recoding all the no to yes and vice versa as "is_diplomatically_available" = yes is bizarrely equivalent to "is_busy_in_events_localised = yes", so the logic is kinda backwards.  Also in code they're spelling localised with an S, but the folders for localization are with a Z... so not very consistent. 

On 12/10/2022 at 10:56 PM, X2Z said:

i've played this mod ALOT and on these forums i keep hearing about "freeing the keeper of souls" but not once have i ever got that decision or event chain. what are the requirements to do so and what happens when i do it?

Its the main decision in this mod,you need to
1. Acquire the Regula, costs 125 gold, recommended you have a duchy or maybe even two under your belt before even buying it, as it will give you the secret "Spellbound"
2. Then, to "Free the Keeper of Souls", you need to spellbound your wife by showing her the book, and have two spellbound powerful female vassals.

The easiest way to do this is to Show the book to a female courtier, then give her a county, then do the same for your wife, make them powerful vassals by either removing your other vassals or by giving them strong counties.
I might make a decision where you read the book and it explains the powers it gives you and the start process better. might be a good idea

21 hours ago, hopethepope said:

Anyone gotten this to work with EK2?

I've not tried it yet, I imagine it would mostly work except for the holy sites, but you could edit them yourself, that and also the culture would probably be invalid

In other news, heres another update!
This should be compatible with the last version (v0.95)

EDIT: Reuploaded the mod files, made a proper makefile as well so I wont post a dodgy folder
thanks @Randah
I'm also going to upload two versions, one without git and one with git
the git version is only interesting if you are a Modder and want to see my commit history, either for learning or for your own tweaks

By Ban10

Fixes
    - Add option to Regula settings to use Britain for Holy sites
    - Some Britain holy sites had the wrong strings under effects, fixed now
    - Forgot to comment out the 5 year cooldown for claim initates, fixed
    - Refactored number of holy order counties, definately works now and also shows in the Claim inititates decision how many you have

Changes
    - Changed Abice Maritus costs
        - No longer costs piety from the receipt, (I think this was a bug as in an earlier changelog it talks about player piety cost + it doesnt seem consistent with other interactions)
        - Now costs piety based on the titles that the spouse owns, similar to the prestige cost of Potestas non Transfunde (basically the same)
        - Having the Abice Maritus Holy site will half the piety cost as usual

- Add common_interaction = yes to all Regula interactions, this makes them all show up in menu when you right click a character
      Fixes a bug whereby duplicate interactions would show up in the menu when clicking "show more"

- Change Holy site effects for Britain, each site is attuned to an attribute, and gives you +1 per piety level for that attribute, plus two effects that are in line with the attribute.

- Solider Inititates now have prowess stats to match their martial ability

- All Valid Bloodline events are run upon death of the previous Magistri, rack up those achievements while you are alive!
      Also refactored the requirements for each bloodline, if you want to change them, edit the values in "common\script_values\regula_script_values.txt" in the Regula Mod folder
      Added the requirements to the Character Statistics page as well.

- The Compeditae Elective Succession now adds +1 domain limit instead of -2, seriously wtf man thats the worst thing I've ever seen, I'm actually slightly mad
      Also, Magistri now gets +500% voting power, I really dont get why the player character (The Master!) gets -50% voting power?

Regula_Magistri_0.96.zip Regula_Magistri_0.96_with_git.zip

Edited by ban10
change mod files
8 hours ago, ban10 said:

Its the main decision in this mod,you need to
1. Acquire the Regula, costs 125 gold, recommended you have a duchy or maybe even two under your belt before even buying it, as it will give you the secret "Spellbound"
2. Then, to "Free the Keeper of Souls", you need to spellbound your wife by showing her the book, and have two spellbound powerful female vassals.

The easiest way to do this is to Show the book to a female courtier, then give her a county, then do the same for your wife, make them powerful vassals by either removing your other vassals or by giving them strong counties.
I might make a decision where you read the book and it explains the powers it gives you and the start process better. might be a good idea

I've not tried it yet, I imagine it would mostly work except for the holy sites, but you could edit them yourself, that and also the culture would probably be invalid

Thanks for the reply. What happens after you free the keeper of souls?

5 hours ago, Randah said:

Quick note, the mod file didnt use my user's name in the path file and gave the file name as Regula_Magistri where the folder is RegulaMagistri. Not sure which was the issue, changed both, but one the other or both caused an error. Easy fix.

Actually - I am more confused. While the game now recognizes the filepath I do not believe the mod is running correctly. No decision popping up , or religion to choose at character creation.

This prompted me to look back at the file. Its a mod nested inside a mod? 0.94 outside and 0.95 inside? Pulling the nested mod out and using it seems to be correct - the religion showed at character creation. As far as I am pursuing tonight.

4 hours ago, X2Z said:

Thanks for the reply. What happens after you free the keeper of souls?

Thats when the mod starts basically.
The effects are:
- Your entire realm converts religion to Magistrain, assuming you play on normal religion rules, all the main religions will hate you, so you gotta be careful of getting holy war declared on you, or worse a crusade. Also your liege will hate your guts as well, so might force you to revoke titles etc.
- Your primary spouse becomes a a "domina" while landed "mulsa" become "palex". 
- You get access to all the Regula powers, based on your piety rank. these let you do a bunch of things, mainly revolving around Fascinare (which turns women into mulsa). This is your main power and the only way to survive, cause discord in other realms to fracture them and make them weaker, then swoop in and take all the land and vassals.
- Holy sites also give new powers, just have a peek at them
- and more! theres other stuff here as well, just have a go and experiment.

I wont call this an "easy" mod, its difficult depending on where you start in the world. For example starting near India is pretty easy because they dont mind other religions so much while starting in Britain is a quick way to get an early game over when your liege decides to give you the shaft. If you change the religion acceptance setting that would probably make it easier but wheres the fun in that? ?