[mod] Regula Magistri

I feel like my mulsae are really bad at forming servitude factions. Maybe it's because we all have the same liege, but despite making up around 5 of his vassals (some even considered powerful) They only join one or two at a time tops, and their military power starts going down rapidly, so it never goes anywhere. Does me not being an independent ruler have anything to do with it?

On 9/11/2022 at 12:05 PM, rockshock said:

Carna and RM together work fine. For me atleast with the memory fix patch from Carna and all. With CBO in there though it wont. CBO+Carna works alone. CBO+RM+Carna does not.

Matches my experience.

• Disabled everything but Carna+CBO --> loaded fine. 
  • Disabled everything but Carna+RM --> loaded fine. 
  • Disabled everything but Carna+CBO+RM or Carna+RM+CBO --> crash

Using ObedientCat's tool (https://www.loverslab.com/topic/197895-tool-python-script-that-checks-what-files-that-mods-overwrite/ ) yields the following:

Character Body Overhaul is overwriting events\sex_scenes\carn_example_sex_scene_event.txt from Carnalitas
Character Body Overhaul is overwriting gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers\00_carn_tits.txt from Carnalitas
CBO Vanilla is overwriting common\genes\breast gene.txt from Character Body Overhaul
CBO Vanilla is overwriting common\genes\butt size gene.txt from Character Body Overhaul
CBO Vanilla is overwriting common\genes\hips gene.txt from Character Body Overhaul
CBO Vanilla is overwriting common\genes\weight gene.txt from Character Body Overhaul
Regula Magistri is overwriting gfx\portraits\hair_palette.dds from Character Body Overhaul

In CKII doing a fake translation helped. For example, copy "english" localisation folder, rename it to "spanish". Change name endings of all files from "english" to "spanish". Do the same renaming in all subfolders of our fake Spanish translation. (P.S. Please do not write " sign in any folder or file names)

In this way messages from mod are still in original language (e.g. English) but game thinks they are in Spanish. So, Spanish game will display mod English windows with English text, instead of  showing windows  with event number and text missing.

I have not tested it in CKIII, but I hope it still works.

7 hours ago, wickd said:

I have no clue why, but it seems like this mod somehow makes it impossible to use knights.

Like, the screen in which you select who to make a knight is just always empty. Anyone got a clue?

Maybe it's conflicting with other mods. I have not encounter this problem ever before and I am a longtime user of this mod. Try unsubscribing mods that alter knight functions one by one.

10 hours ago, deathskull2011 said:

This isn't working for me :/ I replaced the file but get the same error I'm loading 

Carnalitas

CBO

CBO Vanilla

Regula Magistri

Hey, Im not using CBO, but my game was crashing when trying to use Reg Mag with Community Flavor Pack. Had to disable CFP sadly. Hope our lord and savior Bobbity swoops in with a big update to this mod soon.

I like a lot of this mod and how it plays but I feel like there's a pretty severe lack of interaction with your harem. The orgy decision being on a timer for balance reasons is one thing but I wish a version without a buff could exist without such a long  cooldown. The event itself also seems really limited and short. This might be basically wishing for a novel but given I've no idea what the limitations in the game are, at the very least with so few characters involved I wish we had a few more rounds of it or some ability to decide who shows up.

Given the almost certainly incestuous nature of your harem the family tree is certainly going to be complicated but if I'm able or likely to marry and have children with all my daughters, I feel like it's a missed opportunity to not lean into that with an orgy scene. Or just go the other way, choose to have your 3 youngest or 3 oldest wives be the ones involved or some other criteria. Maybe only my holders of a Kingdom title can show up for the most VIP orgy. If it's possible to have more than the player and 3 people involved in a scene then we really have no excuse for not going wild with the whole thing but if that is the limit then we still have options and kinks to play towards.

It'd also be nice to just in general have more harem/family interactions or variations in scenes happen. I have seen exactly one time the Fascinate scheme result in the target watching while the player character is having sex with another wife and being invited to join and I was shocked to see it because it must be very rare. Similarly the scene with two jealous wives that can result in you sleeping with both or doing a BDSM option is much more common but still feels a little rare considering our harem is infinite in size. It'd also be nice to just have an ability to focus on one of your wives who you really want to interact with, sexually or not, because even making someone your primary spouse doesn't seem to result in them showing up much more than others. Personally, I do get it in my head sometimes that a certain character catches my attention and I think, i really want to have a lot of sex and make a lot of children with this woman but that's not really supported that I can see.

I understand that this might just be a problem of scale and I don't want to just make a laundry list of all my personal things I find hot and I do enjoy the mod a lot, I just wanted to share my general thoughts and wish the creators well.

On 9/26/2022 at 4:23 AM, ad020202 said:

Maybe it's conflicting with other mods. I have not encounter this problem ever before and I am a longtime user of this mod. Try unsubscribing mods that alter knight functions one by one.

I assumed that to be the case, too. But i legit disabled all mods in packages of 10 per to try and quickly find the mod responsible, and it always was bugged, unless i disabled RM.

I have no clue why, looked into the files themselves and cant see anything that seems to affect knights within RM, but it just doesnt work.

On 9/27/2022 at 10:39 AM, JGalt said:

Hey, Im not using CBO, but my game was crashing when trying to use Reg Mag with Community Flavor Pack. Had to disable CFP sadly. Hope our lord and savior Bobbity swoops in with a big update to this mod soon.

There's actually someone talking about a fix for CFP within that link. The CBO fix didn't work for me but it did work for others and the CFP fix also seemed to work for some. I dunno could be worth a shot for ya.

On 9/25/2022 at 9:16 AM, JohnDWizard said:

Then there is only one thing to do. Translate. 

Pretty sure the easiest way, is copying the french one, and translating string by string. Good luck, friend. 

On 9/25/2022 at 12:14 PM, nitiste said:

In CKII doing a fake translation helped. For example, copy "english" localisation folder, rename it to "spanish". Change name endings of all files from "english" to "spanish". Do the same renaming in all subfolders of our fake Spanish translation. (P.S. Please do not write " sign in any folder or file names)

In this way messages from mod are still in original language (e.g. English) but game thinks they are in Spanish. So, Spanish game will display mod English windows with English text, instead of  showing windows  with event number and text missing.

I have not tested it in CKIII, but I hope it still works.

Thank you very much for the guides, the mod now works correctly for me, and I have started to do the same with other mods without localization.
Once the translation is finished I will post it and I will try to talk to the author so that if he wants to add it directly to the mod :D

I love this mod. But my biggest issue with it is if you spread your religion and lets say you got a Mulsa on a throne of another Kingdom. She will go to war with you, despite you being the like master of all these ladies apparently. Makes it harder to spread the religion around when your own "slaves" start fighting you for land.

Like this Queen of Italy now attacking me while I'm the king of Sardinia holding Friuli.

ck3_RHeMhqPn5q.png

18 hours ago, Cukihun said:

Sorry, my English is not so good. Is this mod compatible with the current version or does it need to be changed?

Most of the mods have not yet been updated to be used in the new version, so it is recommended that you stay on version 1.6.1.2, so you can have the stable game.

On 9/28/2022 at 12:14 PM, wickd said:

I assumed that to be the case, too. But i legit disabled all mods in packages of 10 per to try and quickly find the mod responsible, and it always was bugged, unless i disabled RM.

I have no clue why, looked into the files themselves and cant see anything that seems to affect knights within RM, but it just doesnt work.

Ok I figured it out. I accidentally had the wrong version of the mod. For game version 1.6+ you need version 0.94 of the mod. I had installed 0.93 which breaks knights on 1.6

On 10/4/2022 at 2:41 PM, rockshock said:

Hm. How/What exactly is the Oaths of Loyalty from Queens? I've never seen that option in RM ever.  Same with Lowly Contubernalis. Two things i've never encoutered but is in the Magister Statistics.

Oath of Loyalty is when you use your position as head of the faith to demand vassalage from a neighbouring ruler (female, shares faith) and the stat is tracking how many times you as an emperor do this to a Queen. Contubernalis is when you visit a female prison and rend their soul.