[mod] Regula Magistri

On 1/2/2023 at 2:52 AM, ban10 said:

I don't actually have this hosted on Github (or anywhere) atm, as I would rather not have everyone know I work on these kinds of mods XD

I suggest to try GitGud: https://gitgud.io/

They provide free hosting for GIt repos and do not have a problem with adult content in the repos. I think up to 5Gb repository size is permitted.

Btw, big thanks for your mod! For me it is the whole reason to get and play CK3 ;) 

Edited by Umgath
17 hours ago, ban10 said:

Yeah, I might look at EK2 as I plan on playing it myself, might end up being a separate version for it, no promises though

Awesome

just whenever you ready man. There also Prince of Darkness too but up to you

hmm but u play as half human half vamp there or maybe werewolf to have babies but it should work if u gonna sqeeuzd this mod in I guess

btw while playing I found bug after I cap all Holy Site to unlock the women thinggy in decsion menu and like it give me women warrior culture BUT it replace my on going culture change I have make and thus game bug out with I cant reform my culture anymore saying it still on going. maybe you could make it that add to extra culture instead of replace?

Edited by MilesKiyaAnny

I'm not sure if this was pointed out before but I think that "Enact the Female Famuli Only Martial Custom" decision is a bit strange because entire Regula Magisty religion has "Female Dominated" doctrine. So males are already excluded from being warriors. Is it conceptually about enforcing the rule to all other religions in the domain? Maybe a bit different decision name would be suitable? Like "Adopt Holy Female Famuli Warrior Tradition"?

Btw I just found this mod

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2894846304&searchtext=

In theory it should allow me to play as head of faith soo I gonna try with EKII again

Nope it crash after done making my own character and start the game with only carn, GUK fix and regula and ton of EK II sub mods I got but it do work without these 3

tho I sus the sub mod but none of them seem to touch any of regiolion mechanic beside that mod allow to play as head of faith

Edited by MilesKiyaAnny

Had someone try to sell me out. Found out. Visited her in the dungeon, she wasnt much. Middle age and nothing of note. So I tried Contuberalis.

Why? I don't see the point of dumping 500 piety into destroying a potential pawn. If it were a 25-50 point gain for doing so it would seem more fitting. Especially since its extracting energy from the victim. That forces a choice between the need for a small amount of energy or the utility of a pawn.

Nice to know this mod is back, even through someone else's work. I recently found that out and thought I'd give it a shot, but I'm unable to get it to work, the game simply loads for a while and I get a crash before the main menu. The error file generated is basically this a hundred times, with different pieces of outfit not being found:

[16:46:04][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:250]: Error: "Unknown trigger type: portrait_mena_clothing_spouse_trigger, near line: 184

Unknown trigger type: portrait_indian_clothing_spouse_trigger, near line: 185

Unknown trigger type: portrait_african_clothing_spouse_trigger, near line: 186

Unknown trigger type: portrait_steppe_clothing_spouse_trigger, near line: 187" in file: "gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/01_legwear.txt" near line: 188

[16:46:04][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:250]: Error: "Unknown trigger type: should_be_topless_portrait_trigger, near line: 252" in file: "gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/01_legwear.txt" near line: 253

[16:46:04][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:250]: Error: "Unknown trigger type: portrait_has_trait_trigger, near line: 180" in file: "gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/01_weight.txt" near line: 181

[16:46:05][dnamodifier.cpp:22]: could not find gene [revealing_clothes_2]. file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/regula_portrait_modifiers.txt line: 618

[16:46:05][dnamodifier.cpp:64]: gene is invalid at file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/regula_portrait_modifiers.txt line: 616

[16:46:05][dnamodifier.cpp:441]: Mismatch in gene type - only accessory is expected here. file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/regula_portrait_modifiers.txt line: 616

Am I missing something? Any clues of what that is?

16 hours ago, qboune said:

Spoiler

e to know this mod is back, even through someone else's work. I recently found that out and thought I'd give it a shot, but I'm unable to get it to work, the game simply loads for a while and I get a crash before the main menu. The error file generated is basically this a hundred times, with different pieces of outfit not being found:

[16:46:04][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:250]: Error: "Unknown trigger type: portrait_mena_clothing_spouse_trigger, near line: 184

Unknown trigger type: portrait_steppe_clothing_spouse_trigger, near line: 187" in file: "gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/01_legwear.txt" near line: 188

[16:46:04][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:250]: Error: "Unknown trigger type: should_be_topless_portrait_trigger, near line: 252" in file: "gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/01_legwear.txt" near line: 253

[16:46:04][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:250]: Error: "Unknown trigger type: portrait_has_trait_trigger, near line: 180" in file: "gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/01_weight.txt" near line: 181

[16:46:05][dnamodifier.cpp:22]: could not find gene [revealing_clothes_2]. file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/regula_portrait_modifiers.txt line: 618

[16:46:05][dnamodifier.cpp:64]: gene is invalid at file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/regula_portrait_modifiers.txt line: 616

[16:46:05][dnamodifier.cpp:441]: Mismatch in gene type - only accessory is expected here. file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/regula_portrait_modifiers.txt line: 616

My first guess is the files are either missing, ie no dlc, or the file paths are incorrect.

About pregnancy triggers, do they only fire during on cooldown event or is it any time? After a certain number of wives trying to produce suitable heirs and with 100% fertility I have a several year gap in children produced.

Edited by Randah
On 1/13/2023 at 7:20 PM, qboune said:

Nice to know this mod is back, even through someone else's work. I recently found that out and thought I'd give it a shot, but I'm unable to get it to work, the game simply loads for a while and I get a crash before the main menu. The error file generated is basically this a hundred times, with different pieces of outfit not being found:

Are you using CFP, EPE, RICE and/or the compatches that go with them? because this is pretty much the same error debug lines I get in my logs when the *fixed* thread version crashes, 

EDIT: ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE UPDATED VERSION OF CARNALITAS FRAMEWORK, which you can find in the thread if you search GUK-CARN 

I currently have it working on 1.8.2 using both of the community updated quick fix files which can be found in their respective threads.

Edited by dirtyscotsman
Additional information
On 1/8/2023 at 2:58 AM, Umgath said:

I'm not sure if this was pointed out before but I think that "Enact the Female Famuli Only Martial Custom" decision is a bit strange because entire Regula Magisty religion has "Female Dominated" doctrine. So males are already excluded from being warriors. Is it conceptually about enforcing the rule to all other religions in the domain? Maybe a bit different decision name would be suitable? Like "Adopt Holy Female Famuli Warrior Tradition"?

I think it makes sense actually, "Female Dominated" just means that the commanders are all Female, not the soldiers. Making the switch to mainly female soldiers requires the holy site that makes more girls born then boys, which would necessitate changing your troops to match. Thats what the new MAA regiments are supposed to represent as well. They are female soldiers that are weaker then their Vanilla male counterparts, but they are greater in number.

On 1/9/2023 at 4:58 AM, CashinCheckin said:

What would the feasibility be of having the recipient of Domitans Tribunal imprisoning or killing any of their children that aren't part of your dynasty?

I would probably make this a separate character interaction, something like it costs 100 piety per child not of your Dynasty with the choices of:
 - Make males into monks and females into holy warriors (maybe gold cost? Need holy order first?)

- Force them into wanderers (gold cost? or maybe initial piety cost was enough)

- Give them random baronies but remove their claims (disinherit?)?
 - Kill them (need certain trait? eg sadistic/wrathful/callous)
Maybe add Skill checks/more costs, or maybe just keep it simple with piety costs
I'll mark it as a todo

On 1/12/2023 at 10:35 AM, Randah said:

Had someone try to sell me out. Found out. Visited her in the dungeon, she wasnt much. Middle age and nothing of note. So I tried Contuberalis.

Why? I don't see the point of dumping 500 piety into destroying a potential pawn. If it were a 25-50 point gain for doing so it would seem more fitting. Especially since its extracting energy from the victim. That forces a choice between the need for a small amount of energy or the utility of a pawn.

Yeah, I was thinking about this, they are pretty useless with all the stat debuffs that they get so I dont really get the point of them.
I might look at reworking the trait, maybe try and make it so that they are useful for some court offices, or maybe make them really good at prowess but not anything else?

On 1/14/2023 at 12:20 AM, qboune said:

Are you using CBO (Character body overhaul)? It looks like they game is complaining about them being missing, The game rule disables them from being used but I guess it still throws validation errors.
Shoudn't cause a crash though, but yeah will throw debug logs.

Also, Update time!

THIS VERSION IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH SAVES FROM EARLIER VERSIONS
You'll have to start a new save for your Bloodline tally goal variables to be setup correctly, also to get the new Magistri Submission culture tradition.

By Ban10

Fixes
    - Regula Bloodline traits (the ones based on Regula objectives) are now applied to your entire Dynasty, now just the children/grand-children++ of the Magistri that achieved it. I had a campaign where my player heir was my grandchild where the son in between had died, and the Bloodlines were not applied to the grandchild, meaning that when I became him the run effectively broke. Hopefully this should prevent that as your entire Dynasty gets the traits.

- Tried to fix Mutare Corpus message box, doesnt seem to show the right traits being added (sometimes). Not sure what is causing this or how to fix it. Been working on this for a while, honestly no clue. Its like the message box runs the function twice, once for the message and once for the actual effect. Guess its just a vanilla bug.

- If a servitude war is won by ultimatum, you get +1 to the Servitude wars won bloodline tally goal.

- EDIT: Added Polygamy doctrine to Regula Religion, so now Regula has two, the Polygamy and Magister Harem Doctrines, this is a workaround for most Vanilla rules/triggers/events looking for the Polygamy doctrine, so this should work better now. Might causes issues though so still testing it.

Changes
    - Mutare Corpus changes:
        - Cooldown is now 3 years
        - Has 300 piety cost again
        - Nerfs to % chance of getting bonus traits (eg double/triple strength/intelligence/beauty).
        - Will still be possible to make really good wives but takes longer and costs a bit more.
        - Some minor changes to possible traits you can get, eg healing now heals regular wounds, and can get physicain from mental boost
        - Now generates event reminder when available.

- Regula book purchase now costs medium gold (Vanilla game value), a dynamic value thats based on your income.

- Magistri Culture is now a "divergent" culture of english culture. Testing to see if this gets AI to promote culture more often.

- Change British Empire holy site effects a bit, shuffle the Scotland/English/Welsh ones, Scottish is now Martial, Wales is Intrigue and England is Stewardship. Feels like it fits more.

- Refactor Doctrines and Tenents so that we dont need to overwrite the games vanilla doctrine/tenent files. Should be less buggy and more compatible with other mods now.

- Regula Magister Tenent now has "No unfaithfullness penalty", same effect as Polyamory (Vanilla Tenent).
        "Oh husband, did you have sex with that women I bought to YOUR orgy last year? Shes pregnant now, how could you do this to our marriage!"

Features
    - Add Magistri Submission Tradition
        - Focuses on social attributes. General idea is to make it easier to manage vassals/counties but make it harder to wage war and defend against intrigue.
        - Is added to the player characters culture after freeing the keeper of souls, note, no check for whether player is the head of Culture (yet), still need figure it out the right check.
        - Has the following effects:
            - Decreases stress gain AND increases stress loss
            - AI changes (more zeal, less bold etc), makes them less likely to wage war on each other (or foreign lands)
            - Characters are more likely to be content
            - Isolation tradition parameters, courtiers are less likely to leave and marraige is harder between this culture and others.
            - Increases county control, development and opinion
            - Also addes some negative effects, which are knight effectivness malus, -3 prowess and hostile/personal scheme resistance down by 30%. Pretty major negative effects but as the positives are really good there has to be a strong downside.

- Add Bloodline tally goals - Cumulative option
        - This game rule changes how bloodline tally goals are counted up, you can either
            - Single-Life: Like how it is now, each goal must be completed in a Magisters lifetime
            - Cumulative: Goals are higher, but they do not reset after each Magister switch. Designed to take longer to achieve but be less stressfull, as you dont "lose" any progress that you make.
        - Note, not backwards compatiable as this changes the variables behind the scenes from local (on each character) to global. No way to do this otherwise as the variables would disappear if they werent global when your player Magister dies.
        - You can change values to what you prefer in "common\script_values\regula_script_values.txt"
        - Change Statistics page to show who achieved what bloodline goal and what it gave

Regula_Magistri.zipRegula_Magistri_git.zip
Edited by ban10
7 hours ago, ban10 said:

I would probably make this a separate character interaction, something like it costs 100 piety per child not of your Dynasty with the choices of:
 - Make males into monks and females into holy warriors (maybe gold cost? Need holy order first?)

- Force them into wanderers (gold cost? or maybe initial piety cost was enough) - Give them random baronies but remove their claims (disinherit?)?
 - Kill them (need certain trait? eg sadistic/wrathful/callous)
Maybe add Skill checks/more costs, or maybe just keep it simple with piety costs
I'll mark it as a todo

Thinking this through, before they start casting out family they would try to convert them. Expand and branch out a search through close relations, councilors, vassals etc spending prestige (50?) for bonus to religious conversions and giving out hooks as needed. Give them a floor for prestige expenditure and when reached continue checking using hooks only. Start with heirs, then potential heirs, siblings/close relations, councilors and powerful vassals. From a game mechanic standpoint outsiders are competition, but from a cult perspective they are future adherents/devotees. Its a dated mod, but I found one that lets you change other characters dynasties to your own. So it maybe possible to have them convert to your dynasty and not just your religion.

https://catalogue.smods.ru/archives/70852

Big long picture - have a player command spending piety at higher magister levels to give target paelex a small boost of prestige, then demand convert their important family/vassals as above. And a command for domina to incorporate family into the dynasty. Salvation through Seduction. Also, killing off families runs counter to the "Magistri Submission Tradition" concept. Super duper long term? Divergent faith! Heresy! War focused Sadist culture where you could just burn the heretics.

Yeah, I was thinking about this, they are pretty useless with all the stat debuffs that they get so I dont really get the point of them.
I might look at reworking the trait, maybe try and make it so that they are useful for some court offices, or maybe make them really good at prowess but not anything else?

My idea was using this to replace "burn at stake" execution for piety conversion. But make use of a mindless thrall... depends on how it works. Stats are genetic and inheritable right? If it leaves genetics alone and just gives a stat malus you could add random congential traits based on magister level and turn them into breeders. You could even borrow some code from one of the mutate versions to make it work. Thematically thats not different from an existing power being used a different way.

More broadly? Depending on how conflicting the concubine/marriage code is with regula allow the player to offer them as secondary/concubine position 'wives'. Remove the stat malus long enough for the ai to check/reject then reapply. May cause funkiness with having them think/act in other events. Maybe flag them unavailable and give them a periodic activity to prompt them to have sex with partner/ai. May already work that way, didnt check.

Edited by Randah
8 hours ago, ban10 said:

- If a servitude war is won by ultimatum, you get +1 to the Servitude wars won bloodline tally goal

Noon question: what is the "Servitude War"?

Also, what is "magistri culture"? Was I supposed to pick a custom culture on character creation?

17 hours ago, dirtyscotsman said:

Are you using CFP, EPE, RICE and/or the compatches that go with them? because this is pretty much the same error debug lines I get in my logs when the *fixed* thread version crashes

Not sure what is EPE but pretty sure I'm not using it and I'm for sure not using the others.

17 hours ago, dirtyscotsman said:

EDIT: ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE UPDATED VERSION OF CARNALITAS FRAMEWORK, which you can find in the thread if you search GUK-CARN

Yeah, I've got it! Should I share my modlist?

Details from error log on when I finish a Domination war:

[08:57:15][jomini_effect_localization.cpp:163]: Tried to show non-existent past tense localization, showing 'I_WILL_MARRY_EFFECT'
[08:57:15][jomini_script_system.cpp:263]: Script system error!
  Error: change_global_variable effect [ Variable not of the 'value' scope type. Type: empty ]
  Script location: file: common/casus_belli_types/regula_war.txt line: 633
[08:57:15][jomini_script_system.cpp:263]: Script system error!
  Error: change_global_variable effect [ Variable not of the 'value' scope type. Type: empty ]
  Script location: file: common/casus_belli_types/regula_war.txt line: 637

The ruler of the target country become my wife but no Phalex status.

Upd: if that matters I've originally started the game on version 0.94 of the mod and then updated the mod few times during the past weeks to 0.98, 0.99 and now to 1.00 without starting a fresh game.

Edited by Umgath
7 hours ago, Umgath said:

Upd: if that matters I've originally started the game on version 0.94 of the mod and then updated the mod few times during the past weeks to 0.98, 0.99 and now to 1.00 without starting a fresh game.

V0.100 Was noted as not being backwards compatible because some variables had been renamed/changed from character local variables to being globals instead.

That said, I imagine someone with a save game editor like the pdx unlimiter could "salvage" things by manually creating the new global variables with proper instructions. 

Or a more ambitious person might be able to cobble together a 1 time-run "patch" mod that checks to see if the local variables were set, but no global variable is initialized. If that condition is met, it then copies over the local variable into the initialization value for the new global.

From a code maintenance/management standpoint, there is exactly zero reason to want to include such a function in the main mod file itself. As most players should generally be able to simply refrain from upgrading beyond the version that breaks things. Which also says nothing about other potential bugs that might crop up after such transitions.

8 minutes ago, Monedeath said:

V0.100 Was noted as not being backwards compatible because some variables had been renamed/changed from character local variables to being globals instead.

That said, I imagine someone with a save game editor like the pdx unlimiter could "salvage" things by manually creating the new global variables with proper instructions. 

Or a more ambitious person might be able to cobble together a 1 time-run "patch" mod that checks to see if the local variables were set, but no global variable is initialized. If that condition is met, it then copies over the local variable into the initialization value for the new global.

From a code maintenance/management standpoint, there is exactly zero reason to want to include such a function in the main mod file itself. As most players should generally be able to simply refrain from upgrading beyond the version that breaks things. Which also says nothing about other potential bugs that might crop up after such transitions.

Ok. Got that. Probably I'm just too used that most thing keeps backward compatibility as important feature. Will try to check what I can do myself with the migration.

Idea: it would be nice if whenever a char gets Mulsa/Phalex trait there would be a recorded "Character Memory" for her. Preferably with basic info on the type of conversion (Fascinare, Prison Ineraction, Domination War, Ward Conversion and etc)

Edited by Umgath

I am not following the logic in some of the code. I'm blind.

I'm looking at fascinare scheme outcome and see the roll in .002 triggering success_effect. I presume that effect has logic that calls one of the relevant .2301-.2311, but I don't see where that logic is.

Mod for migration from 0.9x to 1.00

I've created a small mod for migration of active game state from Regula Magistri versions 0.94-0.99 to 1.00.

This mod is needed ONLY if you played with Regula Magistri like 0.94 and want to update to 1.00.

This is my very first mod for CK3 but it's simple in nature and so far works fine.

Usage:

1. Install this mod as any other CK3 mod

2. Load a game with this mod enabled.

3. Check that migration was successful (see details below).

4. Save current game into a new save file.

5. [optional] Disable or remove the mod. It's not needed to stay in your rule set forever. Just load the game once with it.

How to check that it worked?

• Check Regual Magistri settings decision and open stats. If you see any non-zero values then all things are good.
  • Check file Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\logs\debug.log and search for text "RegulaMigration". You should contain records like this:
  • [22:18:22][jomini_effect_impl.cpp:438]:  file: common/on_action/regula_migration_actions.txt line: 13: RegulaMigration: check start
    [22:18:22][jomini_effect_impl.cpp:438]:  file: common/scripted_effects; regula_migrate_variable_from_magister_to_global line: 17: RegulaMigration: migrated variable regula_fascinare_tally$
    [22:18:22][jomini_effect_impl.cpp:438]:  file: common/scripted_effects; regula_migrate_variable_from_magister_to_global line: 17: RegulaMigration: migrated variable regula_domitans_tally$
    [22:18:22][jomini_effect_impl.cpp:438]:  file: common/scripted_effects; regula_migrate_variable_from_magister_to_global line: 17: RegulaMigration: migrated variable regula_contubernalis_tally$
    [22:18:22][jomini_effect_impl.cpp:438]:  file: common/scripted_effects; regula_migrate_variable_from_magister_to_global line: 17: RegulaMigration: migrated variable regula_domination_war_tally$
    [22:18:22][jomini_effect_impl.cpp:438]:  file: common/scripted_effects; regula_migrate_variable_from_magister_to_global line: 17: RegulaMigration: migrated variable regula_servitude_war_tally$
    [22:18:22][jomini_effect_impl.cpp:438]:  file: common/scripted_effects; regula_migrate_variable_from_magister_to_global line: 17: RegulaMigration: migrated variable regula_potestas_queen_tally$
    [22:18:22][jomini_effect_impl.cpp:438]:  file: common/scripted_effects; regula_migrate_variable_from_magister_to_global line: 17: RegulaMigration: migrated variable regula_obedience_tally$
    [22:18:22][jomini_effect_impl.cpp:438]:  file: common/on_action/regula_migration_actions.txt line: 72: RegulaMigration: check end

Regula_Migration_0_1.zip

PS: It would be nice to have this included in the RegulaMagistri mod itself but it's up to author

Edited by Umgath
43 minutes ago, byehi said:

it seems almost impossible to have sons after a while as the Magister with all holy sites has anyone got any tips?

Have more kids. Which basically means taking more wives. Really, as an Emperor the base game will try to cap your wives at 6 (living) children each. 

I forgot what the holy site did re: 80% vs 90% female to male births(it's been a bit since I have been in game) but in any case if you have 4 wives who max out at 6 kids each that will be 24 kids and you should have at least 2 sons(if 90%) or as many as 5 if it was 80%.But as random events are random, it's possible that your first 25 kids end up being girls, but your proverbial coin toss should stop coming up "heads" sooner or later.