[mod] Regula Magistri

8 hours ago, sserobinsse said:

to the mod creator is it possible for you to release in standalone or in other way the old religion  thing that allowed you to have many wife's (i think it was 999)

i knows after some update that you change how it work  because i like it because it allowed me to make a religion where you could have many wife's and with it many children

because i wanted to do a RP run with ck3 where i is a lone follower of the Norse faith and i wanted to try to spread it by  having many wife's or many children

other than that thanks for the mod its great and i almost never play without it :)

IIRC, he was/is considering a game rule to allow notifications about mulsa's under your rule that aren't direct vassals. Beyond that, it still allows 999 wives, it just takes effort to keep track of the ones who aren't direct vassals. That and you have to make sure you don't have a cultural tradition otherwise overwriting the max number of wives you can take.

'Divorce Courtier' is not activated because her spouse has a title. Is there any way to divorce another lord's wife?
And if it's not used to divorce the wife of another lord, in what circumstances would 'Divorce Courtier' be used?

So, something weird happened.
I had the spellcaster secret, someone discovered and blackmailed me, I didn't accept the blackmail so he told everyone. Then, I don't recall what the event said, but it made me become a cenobite, as if my character converted (but I was still christian), for some reason it also made me severy injured, so I got in that weird state where, I was still Christian, but I was able to Fascinare the women, so I did it to one woman and then my character died, so my heir took the book, became a cenobite for a brief moment and then it changed to "poenitens", and now I can't really Fascinare or Domain Tribunal, it shows this message on the images.

I'm not sure what to do now, it seems that mod got kinda broken, I'll continue to play and see if it changes something when my next heir has the book, but until then, please help

imagem_2022-05-20_213611918.png

fasc.png

fasc.png

I want to report a bug, there's a heresy event for regula magistri, however, it just convert the people in question into the same regula magistri faith. so it just endlessly spammed "your vassal embraces the True Faith" notification. Any idea on how to stop this?
image.jpeg.9a9f895dc7dee994fe2852ba91bafd74.jpeg

7 hours ago, ukrug1 said:

Hello, I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else, one of my wives became one with the book on her own without me triggering the ritual

Are you sure you have the most recent version installed? There was a bug in the prior version that left some debug code in place which could cause that to happen in the right circumstances.

It's an interesting way to play, I really like this idea

Is it possible that this mod will be made available for futa characters?

Also, having played for some time, I've come to realize vanilla fertility modifiers are way over the top with all the fecund+lustful+beautiful traits and religion modifiers and had to fix them

P.S. Never mind that part about futas, I've just discovered that despite the Carnalitas' "can impregnate" triggers, they don't actually work

Edited by yoyoman69
On 5/21/2022 at 1:51 AM, darkhost1 said:

I had the spellcaster secret, someone discovered and blackmailed me, I didn't accept the blackmail so he told everyone. Then, I don't recall what the event said, but it made me become a cenobite, as if my character converted (but I was still christian), for some reason it also made me severy injured, so I got in that weird state where, I was still Christian, but I was able to Fascinare the women, so I did it to one woman and then my character died, so my heir took the book, became a cenobite for a brief moment and then it changed to "poenitens", and now I can't really Fascinare or Domain Tribunal, it shows this message on the images.

I'm not sure what to do now, it seems that mod got kinda broken, I'll continue to play and see if it changes something when my next heir has the book, but until then, please help

This is working as designed. The beginning part of the mod with the "Spellbound" secret can end prematurely if you are discovered. This forces you into the main mod gameplay at a disadvantage, as you've found.

3 hours ago, Polyonamoose said:

This is working as designed. The beginning part of the mod with the "Spellbound" secret can end prematurely if you are discovered. This forces you into the main mod gameplay at a disadvantage, as you've found.

Sure, it could be that, but then as you can see on the images, it says "increase your piety to cast spells", at a point I had over 1k piety, and still showed this message, how much is necessary then? The way that it is written makes you think that you can gain the Keeper of Souls' favour again if you gather enough piety, or something like that, but I'm unsure how it works.

On 5/29/2022 at 7:20 PM, darkhost1 said:

Sure, it could be that, but then as you can see on the images, it says "increase your piety to cast spells", at a point I had over 1k piety, and still showed this message, how much is necessary then? The way that it is written makes you think that you can gain the Keeper of Souls' favour again if you gather enough piety, or something like that, but I'm unsure how it works.

I see. I missed that you somehow remained Christian. Sorry about that. Your magister level (currently the Poenitens trait) is capped at the lowest level until you convert to the Regula Magistri religion.

An event *should* have fired when your secret was revealed. It worked on my machine when I tested it, so I'm not sure what's up there. Are you running any other religion mods?

If you haven't had an event to choose the holy sites for your religion, then the easiest way to fix it if you want to continue that save will be to start t he game in debug mode through the launcher and, using the console, trigger regula_initialize_event.0002. with the following command.

event regula_initialize_event.0002

You should probably only do that if you don't have any initialization events in the decision menu already, though.

If you *have* already had those events fire, then just give yourself the correct religion and it should all start working right.

On 5/19/2022 at 4:00 PM, UnknownWind said:

any one knows way to get rid of "Forced my relative into a blasphemous union" modifier is killing me

I agree.  At the very least, while it seems reasonable for e.g. a Catholic character to be really upset with you for famulizing or mulsifying a bunch of their relatives...it would be really neat if this penalty went away when you fascinared them, which it currently does not.

I just tried playing with the new 1.6 base version, started a new game, and...I have no Commanders or Knights.  Like whenever I try to select a Commander for an army, I myself am the only option, and nobody, male or female, shows up as eligible to be a knight. Is there something that needs to be tweaked for this?

Also, every once in a while I find myself with a mulsa that is no longer Magistrian...probably because somebody defeats them in a war, imprisons them, and forces them to convert on release.  It might be nice if there was a legitimate way to "fix" them after that without console commands, and without having to do some kind of regular conversion request. (It would also be nice if using Fascinare on, say, a female Pope would actually convert them, even if it makes them a secular ruler,..but I can understand why that doesn't work, if that behaviour is by design.)

Alright, 0.94 is ready!  This is a straight bugfix, updating the mod for 1.6.0.  Please let me know if you encounter any bugs.

Link to the file

@bodygen, Mulsae can't be forced to convert, but the code that allows them to convert on their own doesn't seem to be mod-accessible. Probably worth making some background code to auto-convert them back, though that's pretty processor-intensive.

8 hours ago, bobbily said:

@bodygen, Mulsae can't be forced to convert, but the code that allows them to convert on their own doesn't seem to be mod-accessible. Probably worth making some background code to auto-convert them back, though that's pretty processor-intensive.

I think simply making it an interaction/scheme would be enough. Maybe like 50 piety to "remind" them or give the traits a religion condition. If that is possible. This way they'll lose it and we could just re-fascinate them. 

How is your culture coming along? With the new Pathos/Traditions system it might be easier to make it piece meal and by offloading stuff from the religion maybe easier as a whole.

1 hour ago, konstrukter said:

How is your culture coming along? With the new Pathos/Traditions system it might be easier to make it piece meal and by offloading stuff from the religion maybe easier as a whole.

Bogged down in GUI coding. It's a whole new system, and I haven't been able to spend much time on it.

A quick "summon back to the faith" interaction sounds like a reasonable alternative to the background code. Good idea.

Edited by bobbily
1 hour ago, bobbily said:

A quick "summon back to the faith" interaction sounds like a reasonable alternative to the background code. Good idea.

Having it be an annual(birthday?) check for the enthralled probably wouldn't add much overhead either, and help spread it across the year.

On a tangential note. I am remembering that Medieval Matriarchs has some code in it to handle daughters who "decide" they're straight. Where it then grants the mother a chance to "convert" their daughter to lesbianism/bi-sexuality before they turn 16 without use of a scheme. Only in this case I am thinking about all of those poor enthralled mothers who get to witness their daughter coming of age without experiencing enthrallment themselves. (I know the existing method is to have the daughter get taught by a thrall, but that's a lot of player-side overhead to manage; of course this also would mean thrall populations increase even more quickly in several cases, especially outside the Magister's border.) Not sure what modifiers could even be applied to increase/decrease the success or failure chances, but checking faith of the daughter would likely be a good start. Obviously a member/believer in the Magisterian faith isn't going to fight(much), but a Catholic Zealot for example is another matter entirely.

Edited by Monedeath
On 5/21/2022 at 2:51 AM, darkhost1 said:

imagem_2022-05-20_213611918.png

fasc.png

fasc.png

Same here. It was constantly telling me I had too little piety, despite me raking in piety in the hundreds. I never converted to the Regula Magistri relgiion, and I can't see an option to do so.

I can sometimes get a cenobite trait, but it's very sporadic.

Edited by William_Oakham

Hey! It's me again!

Here is an updated version of my previous MGR, Celebrate Crimes, and Regula Magistri compatibility patch

Super simple rundown, if you are running:

--More Game Rules (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2216850785)
--Celebrate Crimes (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2373238758)
--Adoption Options (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2816662627)

This is the patch for you!
This patch fixes the issue with Magistrian polygamy not being recognized whilst running these mods
Examples:

--It fixes the conflict that causes a -1000 penalty when proposing a marriage between Magistrians
--Fixes conflict that causes Magistrian spouses to have a -100 opinion penalty when you have multiple spouses

Unfortunately with this version of the patch there is no way to easily remove the compatibility code of one the mods
So it is required that you run both MGR and Celebrate Crimes/Adoption Options for this to function properly
Adoption Options and Celebrate Crimes use the same files so can be run interchangeably as well as simultaneously with no issues

Just throw this at the BOTTOM of your load order
The order of the other mods doesn't really matter

Everything above is in the readme.txt in the mod if you want to refer back to this without digging up this post

MGR Celebrate Regula Compatibility 1.6.0.1.zip

Is there another way of starting this mod instead of the two show book/give title thing? It used to be a lot simpler to start but right now it seems a right saga.

Edit:

What is the 'Child of the Book' trait(?) about when you play a female character?

Edited by Grey Cloud
On 6/4/2022 at 9:30 PM, bobbily said:

Alright, 0.94 is ready!  This is a straight bugfix, updating the mod for 1.6.0.  Please let me know if you encounter any bugs.

I just had a look at this, and found that my paelax regularly become orba (I hope I'm remembering the cryptic names right). As I recall, that was supposed to happen when their ruler dies, and he hasn't. I've used the "carpe orba" action on them, but they just go back to being orba the next month.