[mod] Regula Magistri

On 4/19/2022 at 2:03 PM, trolllol49 said:

So, after a lot of tweaking, I was able to convert this mod to a female centric playthrough. Now you can use all the features of this mod playing as a female character and have a female harem lol. Of course the localization is not correct.image.thumb.png.6f2203aac3fecdf1b46c68e7c337c63f.png

Test_2.png

Any chance you could share a link or explain how you did it?

12 hours ago, Codetalker said:

I second this request if you don't mind

On 4/25/2022 at 6:03 AM, Wranalith said:

I don't know if its okay to share the files without the author's permission, but I can tell you what I did. 

First: Remove the gender checks from the regula_initialize_decision.txt 

Second: In the regula_gender_succession_laws.txt, change the default to female_prefrence_law and flag to women_can_have_multiple_spouses

This should get you going, I made some other changes which I don't remember rn. 

Ok, I've played my way up to HRE-sized empire, and here are some issues I had. I hope these are common issues and not due to my modlist:

Spoiler
  1. After the realm grows enough, it becomes unrealistic having every vassal as a paelex. The lag I've gotten from all the birth/growing up events for my kids...oof. I'm not saying automate this, but maybe limit the paelex to even fewer children? (And yes, it even lags when I send them away through the settings)
  2. Imo, the sanctifica serva health penalty should degrade. Not quickly, mind you, but maybe over the course of 50 years? Some of us use immortality mods for our ruler, and having a hard limit on how many immortal vassals we can make until we die from poor health is a little immersion-breaking. answered by dev
  3. The bloodlines are convoluted. According to the code, it seems there are 2 or 3 bloodlines I should have activated by now but just haven't. Specifically, the vassalizing queens bloodline, and the contubernalis-maker bloodline at the very least. I'm not sure if these are actually implemented, but the code I found shows they might be? Also, wouldn't using dynasty modifiers be easier?
  4. Revoking titles, enslaving, or banishing Devoted should not cause tyranny. Or, there should be an interaction that circumvents this, which would probably be easier and cause less conflicts with other mods.
  5. Why are my Mulsa slaves wandering away from my court? Shouldn't they want to stay with me? Could there be an event similar to Carnalitas Dominatio's, which detects runaway slaves, but in this case quietly returns them?
  6. Adding a minor trait to men that are raised by Devoted would be helpful, since it seems they always end up way less satisfied as my subjects due to the mod's policies and doctrines. Since a lot of the mod seems to depend on trait group detection, implementing something to detect men raised in Magistrian society would likely be helpful for new features, and to better flesh out existing features.
  7. Would it be possible to add an interaction to convert a Paelex's culture? I have a very nice custom culture (hybridizing everything from Ireland down to Greece) but no matter how blindly loyal my vassals are, they refuse to emulate their liege's culture? We've forcefully changed their faith, can't we change their culture too? (Maybe as a fascinare-inspired scheme?)  answered by dev
  8. Paelex fight each other. A lot. And they love holy wars. I had to max out my crown authority ASAP just to stop them from doing this.
  9. I made the wife of a ruler into a Mulsa, but the Abice Maritus option did not show up. My best guess is that it was because the succession type was male-only (it was that arab kingdom on the south of Spain). Is this working as intended?   answered by dev
  10. I've noticed from the Blood Mage mod that it is possible to increase the effective lifespan of a character by putting "Lifespan" and "Years of fertility" (and no prowess loss with age) into the effects of a trait. Not really an issue, but I think the Magister and Devoted traits could do that without ruining balance too much (with the lifespan increase getting greater at higher tiers?) answered by dev

I'd like to know if other people can relate to these issues or not, I'll amend this post if some issues are not common, or are later resolved.

Edited by Leafknight4

An oversight I've found: if you inherit a title higher than yours from a Liege paelex
you get her Gender Law - Hereditas Compedita with no way to change it if you don't have High Crown Authority. 

The law makes succession Female-only and disables your harem.
You still have the wifes you had before, but you can't marry new ones 
and the "Secondary Spouses" portion of the UI disappears entirely.

Maybe there is a way to change it through decisions, but I can't find it.

It happened to me, when I, being a Duke in HRE, abducted the emperors wife and converted her.

I then sent her back and made her seize power from the Emperor.

Obviously the vassals instantly declared a war to depose her, but before that she voted for me, so I became the heir.

They deposed her and I inherited the female-only HRE lmao.

Custom succession titles can still be inherited by men, but the rest are women only.

EDIT: for those having the same problem: 

1. Launch the game with -debug_mode option
  2. Load save
  3. Press ~
  4. type: 
    add_realm_law regula_magister_gender_law
Edited by Tony177
5 hours ago, Tony177 said:

An oversight I've found: if you inherit a title higher than yours from a Liege paelex[...]

I've gotta say, that wasn't a stream of events that I'd considered. The inheritance law would normally reset on your character's death, but can't if your heir isn't male.

I'll look into a fix.

@Leafknight4, to address things point by point:

1. I'd recommend having only direct vassals as paelices. If you control half the world there's always going to be issues, but being an emperor with a dozen or so Paelex queens is pretty manageable.

2. A ridiculously long expiry period seems reasonable.

3. Only one bloodline can fire per character death.  If you fulfill the requirements for more than one the hardest to achieve will fire preferentially.

4. Tyranny isn't really relevant given the ridiculous opinion boosts. In terms of immersion, just consider it the chattering of the smallfolk influencing the specific character.

5. Mulsa do what they're told, but they still nominally have free will.

6. The religion opinion bonuses of the higher Magister tiers are meant to mimic what you're describing.

7. Culture is something I want to address as a big piece, whenever I get the time to do some extensive coding.

8. What's wrong with bringing the Good Word to the heretics?

9. They likely were a countess/baroness. Having any title will disallow the abice maritus interaction. I should probably tweak this.

10. Those effects are being incorporated into other mod traits.

@trolllol49, you've got my blessing to release the submod code!

Edited by bobbily

@bobbily, thank you for responding!

To clarify/answer a few of those points:

1 and 3.   I think these actually were issues aggravated by my having an immortal ruler. Having bloodlines fire on ruler death is a null point if the ruler never dies, and having a lot of children is likely a side effect of living long enough to seduce everything in sight.

4.     Having enough tyranny can actually overpower the opinion bonuses, which I found out the hard way. Yeah, spam-revoking was not a good idea, but still...

5.     They may have free will, but wouldn't they still want to stay a direct servant to the Magister, rather than run away?

8.     Lol, I agree with that, but when one powerful paelex almost conquered enough of Frisia to become independent by forming the kingdom, it was a little irritating. (This was why I needed to spam-revoke title, btw, leading to that tyranny issue)

Thank you for clearing some things up for me though! I look forward to future updates ^_^

Anyone know of a way on how to get spellbound women to inherit lands in male dominated areas?

Edit: yeah, I ok. I think I know wtf I did wrong lol. I was trying to give them the dutchy instead of a county. So you need to give them a county first before you can give them anything higher than that. ?

Edited by terrorofmorrowind

I have a question. So i started out as a duke with 3 counts, i did all the things to trigger everything and the mod triggered successfully. So, my question is, i can successfully dominate all counts within my territory, but how do i dominate duchies and counties in territories outside my own? I fascinated all female spouses, had them take control from their husbands, and then i only have the options to have them sow discord, and take control of their bodies which gives me a hook. There is no dominate option of any kind like it is written in the mod description. Not even for rulers i already fascinated.

Do i need to reach higher ranks within the faith? and if so, how?

Edited by Dark_Messiah
42 minutes ago, Dark_Messiah said:

I have a question. So i started out as a duke with 3 counts, i did all the things to trigger everything and the mod triggered successfully. So, my question is, i can successfully dominate all counts within my territory, but how do i dominate duchies and counties in territories outside my own? I fascinated all female spouses, had them take control from their husbands, and then i only have the options to have them sow discord, and take control of their bodies which gives me a hook. There is no dominate option of any kind like it is written in the mod description. Not even for rulers i already fascinated.

If you have enough faith, and are eligible as a ruler for them you should have an option to get them to serve you.  The latter can be convoluted - You need the correct relative ranks, and they need to be rulers in their own right.  (Not part of someone else's court.)  The latter is probably you're problem: They'd prefer to serve you, but they're already someone else's vassal.

If they are part of someone else's court, and there's enough of them with a high enough faith, they may start a holy war to split from their current ruler and join you.

On 4/25/2022 at 6:03 AM, Wranalith said:

On 4/27/2022 at 6:59 PM, Spazz05 said:

yep he said its fine on the Hypnopics Collective

attached is conversation

hypnopics.JPG

Alrighty, here is the link for my changes Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/155VjHosAI89NkPfPsC-nL8PqIOnukZn-/view?usp=sharing 

Note that this is a copy before the localization update. You first need to have a religion with same sex marriage, or use a cheat mod to force yourself to marry another female character. 

I wouldn't recommend playing as a male character with these changes, as I didn't check how it will affect them, most probable they won't be able to have multiple spouses. Only play using female character and have a lesbian harem.

Edited by trolllol49

I'm getting this nasty error log & crash after a few years of playing, and this always happens on a december 31st, 

[22:21:20][jomini_script_system.cpp:209]: Script system error!
  Error: Left side and right side during comparison were of different types (left was 'dynasty house', right was 'dynasty')
  Script location: file: common/artifacts/templates/00_type_templates.txt line: 7

error.log

In my game I spent ages setting up economy etc. under Christian religion (so I could scam the pope for thousands of gold), and then I eventually got around to trying to start Regula. I showed the book to my wife and two daughters and made all three counts. But... the "Free the keeper of souls" still says I haven't met the requirements, so I'm a bit stumped. I had it start okay in the previous game I did. I looked in debug and all three women have "expose Spellbound" under the debug menu and it says they've read the book - but the caveat is that at least one of my daughters, I don't think there was any event after I showed her the book. She didn't say yes or no to it because I just chose to show her the book and then nothing happened. So I think maybe that bolloxed it up, but it did trigger for my wife and other daughter.

What I'm wondering is if there's any console commands I could use to reset things? I can't show them the book again because they're already seen it. I mean, I guess I could try showing other women and see if it works that way. Under debug menu/show book I do see:
"This character has already read the Regula Magistri. (BUG: regula_already_spellbound_trigger missing perspective)"

[EDIT] Well I figured it out, was having trouble finding the events files before because I for some reason was convinced they were under /common/ when they're not. Put "event regula_initialize_event.001" into console to trigger the keeper of souls decision (which was convinced I didn't have 2 spellbound vassals, when I actually had 3), and it started that and everything seemed to work fine... except for some reason none of my male characters appear to have converted religion (including sons) whereas the females did. Starting to wonder if I have some subtle mod conflict going on.

Edited by penguintennis

This might be a very stupid issue that has nothing to do with this mod, but a lot of AIs in my game suddenly stopped marrying until they're really old. What exactly determines who the AI marries and betrothes? I admit I might've done something when I was combining it with my mod pack, but I'm not sure what lol
So, basically, my grandkids don't marry/betroth at all, even when they should, they've been sent to my spouses

And other people that have nothing to do with my religion wait until they're like 30 to finally get married

@yoyoman69 So, to answer a few of your questions:

1. If everyone in the game stops marrying until a certain age, one of your mods might have changed the marriage age in the game's defines file. If only some people are waiting to marry, then it could be an issue with a mod's marriage AI. An easy way to check - can you, at a young age, marry? If not, it's definitely the defines.
  2. Regula magistri has a toggleable feature to send all your kids to your spouse's court, you can change it in the "Regula Magistri Settings" decision.
  3. Age of marriage is universal, if this was changed in the defines file it would affect all religions, not just yours.
  4. Another way to check if a mod is messing with marriage age, go into its directory, into the "mod/common" folder. If it has a "defines" folder in there, go into it and open any file in that folder. Search for "AGE_OF_MARRIAGE_MALE" and "AGE_OF_MARRIAGE_FEMALE", and if anything show up, it means the mod is overriding default age of marriage settings. 
On 5/2/2022 at 2:39 PM, trolllol49 said:

Alrighty, here is the link for my changes Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/155VjHosAI89NkPfPsC-nL8PqIOnukZn-/view?usp=sharing 

Note that this is a copy before the localization update. You first need to have a religion with same sex marriage, or use a cheat mod to force yourself to marry another female character. 

I wouldn't recommend playing as a male character with these changes, as I didn't check how it will affect them, most probable they won't be able to have multiple spouses. Only play using female character and have a lesbian harem.

One possible variant option, although more complex code wise. Is possibly make the Lesbian Harem a potential end-state for the Regula Magistri. Although the main problem remains the kludge needed for Lesbian pregnancies to be initiated via mod at present.

Although the Regula Magistri actually kind of lends itself to it. Pregnancy happens by way of "the master"(mistress) as embodied in the Pontifex(and any others so empowered). So the "male clone" of the Magister is "the Master" doing its magic to initiate pregnancies(still creates potential problems for bloodlines at present if I understand things correctly at present).

The trigger is possibly control of certain Holy Sites(probably the one impacting gender ratio, and the one about weak men), paired with a decision/ritual which begins the transition to matriarchy. As the inheritance law changes to only allow women, once that (last) male ruler has put things in order given the new change to inheritance, they potentially then perform one last rite and their reign/life ends and take that birth ratio to 100% female, 

to the mod creator is it possible for you to release in standalone or in other way the old religion  thing that allowed you to have many wife's (i think it was 999)

i knows after some update that you change how it work  because i like it because it allowed me to make a religion where you could have many wife's and with it many children

because i wanted to do a RP run with ck3 where i is a lone follower of the Norse faith and i wanted to try to spread it by  having many wife's or many children

other than that thanks for the mod its great and i almost never play without it :)