[mod] Regula Magistri

On 12/9/2022 at 2:24 PM, ban10 said:

Add Obedience Blood Trait - 10 successful ward enslavements in a single lifetime (having a mulsa/domina give you their ward counts). Female only. Gives Stress reduction and bonus opinion of those of the same faith. Obedient female Characters in your realm will automatically come to you to be dominated, even if they aren't your ward or the ward of a mulsa.

I like this addition. Although for larger empires I could see that becoming very spammy. Probably want to check if they have a mulsa/paelex/domina as their leige and allow them to handle the "lesser" obedient thralls.

On the balance side .. if Bobbily comes back, I'd hope the trigger condition is set higher when it officially updates. 10 ward enslavements is too easy when vassals turning their wards over to you for enslavement counts. In the meantime, it's an easy edit. Now I just have to backport this to my 1.5 playthrough that I am still plugging away at when time/inclination strikes. It will certainly help reduce the micro I have been doing on my army of descendants.

Edited by Monedeath
7 hours ago, Monedeath said:

I like this addition. Although for larger empires I could see that becoming very spammy. Probably want to check if they have a mulsa/paelex/domina as their leige and allow them to handle the "lesser" obedient thralls.

On the balance side .. if Bobbily comes back, I'd hope the trigger condition is set higher when it officially updates. 10 ward enslavements is too easy when vassals turning their wards over to you for enslavement counts. In the meantime, it's an easy edit. Now I just have to backport this to my 1.5 playthrough that I am still plugging away at when time/inclination strikes. It will certainly help reduce the micro I have been doing on my army of descendants.

Thanks, yeah the event spam is something I'm taking into account. I've been working on a notification setting system, (Similar to the Less Event Spam mod) to turn Fascinare and Ward Enslavement into simple message notifications that appear on the side of the screen rather then their events.  It's not quite finished yet but its pretty close.

As for bloodline tally goals, thats a good shout, if you have a suggestion for what the numbers should be pop them here, I also think 10 was pretty easy to reach, so theres definitely some room to balance the numbers a bit. Could make it a game rule option as well, would be quite easy to do now

On 12/17/2022 at 3:33 PM, ban10 said:

Thanks, yeah the event spam is something I'm taking into account. I've been working on a notification setting system, (Similar to the Less Event Spam mod) to turn Fascinare and Ward Enslavement into simple message notifications that appear on the side of the screen rather then their events.  It's not quite finished yet but its pretty close.

As for bloodline tally goals, thats a good shout, if you have a suggestion for what the numbers should be pop them here, I also think 10 was pretty easy to reach, so theres definitely some room to balance the numbers a bit. Could make it a game rule option as well, would be quite easy to do now

Well, I'd also be sticking with the 7 Paelex threshold. But assuming 3 children each on average, that's 21 kids, although initially that'd be part of a 50/50 gender split as you cannot enslave the boys, so I guess 10 would be in keeping with that at first look. I'd probably bump it up towards 15 to 20 to make it more of a challenge in any case. But I'm deep into another playthrough at present and with over 200 kids per generation. I'd have to start a new game to playtest, so that's going to wait on my side.

Edited by Monedeath

Hey all,

Been working on more stuff, changelog below

This is a bit of a "Beta" release, theres nothing outright broken, but theres things I want to work on, in particular
- The notification settings only stops the ward enslavement events right now, Fascinare ones are not yet disabled when the option is chosen
- I still think the bonus scheme progress for Fascinare is not quite where I want it, still testing values
- The charming a ward not of your Dynasty doesn't give Dynasty renown if they have implicant claims (as in they arent the current land holders), want to fix this
- Balance new units? Still need to do longer campaign to see how well they work for AI and player, seem pretty strong right now even with the toughness and damage nerf

I'm releasing this now because I said to myself I would have finished the things above a few days ago, but hey it was the holidays
I'm going to work on smoothing out the above issues
Regula_Magistri.zipRegula_Magistri_git.zip

Changes
    - Work on CBO clothing: Add Jester clothing, Change miltary outfits and change up lady outfits as well, with commoner,noble,royal and imperial outfits (and jester!)

- Magister trait now has more compatibilities, Zealous is now a + medium, and humble a + high (this is for opinion attractions etc)

- Charming a ward with landed titles who is NOT of your Dynasty now gives your dynasty prestige based on that title rank:
        - Empress   - 1250
        - Queen     - 750
        - Duchess   - 300
        - Countess  - 100
        - Baroness  - 25
    I want this to also give you dynasty prestige if the ward is the primary heir of a title but I cant figure out how to do it yet, something in the TODO list

- Change bloodline tally goals, lower the harder ones while raising the easier ones

- Lower title costs, for both claiming foreign vassals via Potestas non Transfunde and taking titles from your own vassals via Titulm Novis, new values feel much better

- Change Magistrain culture traditions, including new custom Famuli Warriors tradition, feel free to edit the culture in common\culture\cultures\00_magistri.txt for your personal taste, though the Famuli Warrior tradition is quite key now for the new regiments.

- Famuli Martial Custom now increase regiment sizes of Light infantry, Light Cavalry and Archers.

- More changes to bonus starting progress for the Fascinare scheme.
        - Now is based on opinion of target and a bunch of modifers: Religion, Culture, Relationships (including friend/family/rival etc), distance (in court/not in court) and intimidation
        - Goal was to make it feel more organic, having a good opinion with someone makes it faster to find the time and occasion to charm them. It should now be possible to actually charm your own realm in a reasonable time frame rather then it taking years.
        - Overall this does make things easier, as once your kingdom is setup and everyone likes you you will find it much faster to Fascinare them, need to test/iterate on values.
        - Note, this only effects the time taken to finish the scheme, chance of success is still unchanged

Features
    - Notification Settings: Added extra page to Regula settings (acessible via decision)
        - Inspired by Less event spam mod, you can now deactivate events for fascinare and ward enslavement.
        - The event will fire like normal, with the assumption that you automatically click "yes" for the event, you will get a message for sucess or failure

- Titulum Novis:
        - Revoke Titles, but for Mulsae only. Lets you take titles without tyranny/opinion loss and dread, but costs piety based on title tier (or titles, if you take a duchy and the counties/baronies below it then the cost is cumulative). You need to be a Skeuophylax to use this power.

- Famuli Warriors:
        - Adds a new Cultural Tradition that is gained alongside the Famuli Martial custom during its the deicison to instate female warriors.
        - It gives you access to female regiments that are designed to replace Light Infantry, Archers, Light Cavalry and Heavy Infantry.
            - Famuli Regiments have custom art, if you have better art to replace it with feel free to let me know!
            - They start with +50 soliders in each stack compared to vanilla
            - They counter an extra type of enemy unit then vanilla
            - They start slightly weaker then their vanilla counterparts
        - The tradition itself also has modifiers:
            - +5 advantage to all combat encounters (very strong buff, might nerf)
            - +25% movement speed to armies
            - +25% enemy fatal casualties
            - +30% retreating casualties (You will lose more soliders if forced to retreat!)
        - The Magistri custom culture starts with Famuli Warriors (along with the Famuli Martial custom). You wont be able to recruit Famuli soliders untill you Free the keeper of souls, as you need the Regula religion as well.
        - AI characters will recruit these warriors if the Magister has Famuli Warriors in his culture and if they have the Regula faith (same faith as Magister)
        Hoping this isn't overpowered. Goal was to create a tradition that embraced the "quantity" not "quality" of having an army built from charmed women.
        They may not be as strong as their male counterparts, but they make up for it in numbers and zeal.

image.png.84a1430ab8fb20946081a4e114956518.pngimage.png.fd7fbc206cd2645254a61caf00e4a74b.png
image.png.1482d1076769bd5d7165ed1f6d98feab.png

Quick question, why does this mod need Carnalitas? Seeing as it is slowly becoming outdated if not already so, would it be best to break off any requirements from that mod? I  personally have no need for it and consider this mod to already be the best thing on the CK3 lovers lab. Hell, I would probably call it the best just for the unique succession which could be a mod on its own.  

Edited by Kingskunk

I feel like I'm doing something wrong. As soon as I unpause the game (on starting a new game with a clean install of the mod and of Carnalitas) I get a CTD. Looking in the logs I see a whole lot of this:

[00:19:57][jomini_script_system.cpp:263]: Script system error!
  Error: global_var:magister_character trigger [ Failed context switch ]
  Script location: file: common/men_at_arms_types/regula_maa_types.txt line: 8
  Error: Failed to fetch variable for 'magister_character' due to not being set
  Script location: file: common/men_at_arms_types/regula_maa_types.txt line: 46

Looking in turn at what it's complaining about, I *think* it's complaining that magister_character.faith hasn't been set yet. I don't really know anything about CK3 modding, but magister_character looks like it's set in regula_initialize_effects.txt - I can see the creation of the global variable, but I don't know where "faith" is supposed to be set as part of that.

...and yet, presumably it's just me, since otherwise others would have noticed this?

On 12/27/2022 at 1:46 PM, Kingskunk said:

Quick question, why does this mod need Carnalitas? Seeing as it is slowly becoming outdated if not already so, would it be best to break off any requirements from that mod? I  personally have no need for it and consider this mod to already be the best thing on the CK3 lovers lab. Hell, I would probably call it the best just for the unique succession which could be a mod on its own.  

It doesn't look like the mod uses Carnalitas that much (mainly for sexy times and certain features), but I'm hesitant to remove it right now, as it would probally break quite a few things even if I was careful

On 12/28/2022 at 3:43 AM, genericlogin said:

I noticed that the cost to declare a domination war is considerably higher than the cost to just vassalize a mulsa. That seems backwards to me.

Looking at this, its because the domination war costs are based of a bunch of vanilla rules, which to me indicates that maybe the costs for Potestas non Transfunde/Titulm Novis I've setup are to low, I could change domination wars to the new cost system, or rebalance the Potestas non Transfunde cost, not sure which is best

15 hours ago, Udat said:

I feel like I'm doing something wrong. As soon as I unpause the game (on starting a new game with a clean install of the mod and of Carnalitas) I get a CTD. Looking in the logs I see a whole lot of this:

Error: global_var:magister_character trigger [ Failed context switch ]
  Script location: file: common/men_at_arms_types/regula_maa_types.txt line: 8
  Error: Failed to fetch variable for 'magister_character' due to not being set
  Script location: file: common/men_at_arms_types/regula_maa_types.txt line: 46

Looking in turn at what it's complaining about, I *think* it's complaining that magister_character.faith hasn't been set yet. I don't really know anything about CK3 modding, but magister_character looks like it's set in regula_initialize_effects.txt - I can see the creation of the global variable, but I don't know where "faith" is supposed to be set as part of that.

...and yet, presumably it's just me, since otherwise others would have noticed this?

Oops! This doesn't cause a CTD but I mistakenly checked for a global var that doesn't exist at game start, I've fixed this now
Unfortunately, I cant replicate your CTD, even with just Regula and Carnalitas enabled. Can you tell me more about your setup? eg what year and whether you use a custom player start, custom rules etc. Try all the usual things such as repairing your CK3 install and making sure your mods are setup correctly in the mod folder.

I'm just finishing the notification settings for Fascinare, then I'll push out another small update

Here it is  

By Ban10

Fixes
    - Fix ward enslavement for wards NOT of your dynasty, they now give prestige based on the highest LANDED title that the ward has. Decided not to use implicit claims / designted heirs to give prestige as it seems really complex and wont always work the way I expect it to. For now, only wards with titles they currently hold will give dynasty prestige.

- Titulm Novis now tells you how much piety you need if you dont have enough (fixed the message in the UI when choosing a title to revoke)

- Fix Famuli MAA regiments causing script errors, now check that the Magister exists before checking the regiment can be used

- Move notification settings into an on_action on on_game_start, so that the setting does not reset when the magister changes

- Fix Fascinare notification settings, now actually supress the scheme, runs the event like normal and tells you whether you succeded or failed. Note, doesnt have the "extra" effects that some of the events have I would need to somehow make all the existing events have hidden versions, or something.

Changes
    -  Sanctifica Serva's
        - Health penalty now only lasts for five years (it was permanent before)
        - Some hair/skin colour changes to Goddess portraits

Features
    - Mutare Corpus - New interaction, costs 300 piety
        - Basically just the Domitans part where you get to improve your new palex, except can be done on any charmed women every six months

Regula_Magistri.zip Regula_Magistri_git.zip

Oops! This doesn't cause a CTD but I mistakenly checked for a global var that doesn't exist at game start, I've fixed this now
Unfortunately, I cant replicate your CTD, even with just Regula and Carnalitas enabled. Can you tell me more about your setup? eg what year and whether you use a custom player start, custom rules etc. Try all the usual things such as repairing your CK3 install and making sure your mods are setup correctly in the mod folder.

Aha, my bad. I was assuming that the script errors from Regula Magistri and the CTD were connected. I was also assuming that Carnalitas worked. Which, y'know, it doesn't. So the CTD was Carnalitas' fault - there's an unofficial fix that needs to be installed, and I didn't have it. Sorry!

17 hours ago, ban10 said:

Here it is  

By Ban10

Fixes
    - Fix ward enslavement for wards NOT of your dynasty, they now give prestige based on the highest LANDED title that the ward has. Decided not to use implicit claims / designted heirs to give prestige as it seems really complex and wont always work the way I expect it to. For now, only wards with titles they currently hold will give dynasty prestige.

- Titulm Novis now tells you how much piety you need if you dont have enough (fixed the message in the UI when choosing a title to revoke)

- Fix Famuli MAA regiments causing script errors, now check that the Magister exists before checking the regiment can be used

- Move notification settings into an on_action on on_game_start, so that the setting does not reset when the magister changes

- Fix Fascinare notification settings, now actually supress the scheme, runs the event like normal and tells you whether you succeded or failed. Note, doesnt have the "extra" effects that some of the events have I would need to somehow make all the existing events have hidden versions, or something.

Changes
    -  Sanctifica Serva's

Features
        - Basically just the Domitans part where you get to improve your new palex, except can be done on any charmed women every six months

Regula_Magistri.zip 19.66 MB · 28 downloads Regula_Magistri_git.zip 49.03 MB · 6 downloads

Excuse me, what difference between Regula_Magistri.zip and Regula_Magistri_git.zip?

21 hours ago, ban10 said:

Looking at this, its because the domination war costs are based of a bunch of vanilla rules, which to me indicates that maybe the costs for Potestas non Transfunde/Titulm Novis I've setup are to low, I could change domination wars to the new cost system, or rebalance the Potestas non Transfunde cost, not sure which is best

The Potestas non Transfunde costs seem reasonable to me. What I'm seeing for an emperor-tier ruler is that he can use it on an independent county whenever he wants up to kingdoms where it takes years of saving up. This seems reasonable. By contrast, the domination war is so expensive that I don't see any reason to ever use it when it's much cheaper to use a subjugation war or holy war. For example, I was seeing an 8600 prestige cost for a domination war on Burgundy. 

1 hour ago, Cukihun said:

Excuse me, what difference between Regula_Magistri.zip and Regula_Magistri_git.zip?

Git is a version control system that's widely used by developers, and Regula_Magistri_git.zip contains the full Git repository--that's why it's a much larger file. If you don't know what Git is or just don't care about the commit history of the mod, there's no reason to download that version.

2 hours ago, genericlogin said:

Git is a version control system that's widely used by developers, and Regula_Magistri_git.zip contains the full Git repository--that's why it's a much larger file. If you don't know what Git is or just don't care about the commit history of the mod, there's no reason to download that version.

i'm just trying translate this mod, so thanks for the answer

23 hours ago, ban10 said:

Here it is  

By Ban10

Fixes

Changes
    -  Sanctifica Serva's

Features

Regula_Magistri.zip 19.66 MB · 41 downloads Regula_Magistri_git.zip 49.03 MB · 9 downloads

Thanks for your hard work, I was waiting for someone to update or go further and you did it so thanks a lot.

Concerning git, if you have a github deposit, why not sharing the URL instead of the all package ?

On 12/29/2022 at 2:04 PM, ban10 said:

Features

I don't comment much, but since you seem to be trending the way I did, I thought I would mention: I made some edits to the version I'm using that changed the improvement bits from a random chance to improving sequentially with your Magister level. Basically levels 1-2 get low improvements, 3-4 get medium, 5 gets high, and at 6 you get high for all 3 types at once. It's definitely not what I'd call balanced... a good place probably lies between making it easily repeatable and making it super powered all at once.

Just thought I'd put it out there as a consideration... being the Exarch and only like conferring the lustful trait felt kinda bad to me.

Edited by DragonRB
On 12/30/2022 at 6:25 PM, dustbeen43 said:

Thanks for your hard work, I was waiting for someone to update or go further and you did it so thanks a lot.

Concerning git, if you have a github deposit, why not sharing the URL instead of the all package ?

Thanks for the appreciation, 
I don't actually have this hosted on Github (or anywhere) atm, as I would rather not have everyone know I work on these kinds of mods XD
Hopefully the Git commits are useful to someone at least

On 12/30/2022 at 9:21 PM, DragonRB said:

I don't comment much, but since you seem to be trending the way I did, I thought I would mention: I made some edits to the version I'm using that changed the improvement bits from a random chance to improving sequentially with your Magister level. Basically levels 1-2 get low improvements, 3-4 get medium, 5 gets high, and at 6 you get high for all 3 types at once. It's definitely not what I'd call balanced... a good place probably lies between making it easily repeatable and making it super powered all at once.

Just thought I'd put it out there as a consideration... being the Exarch and only like conferring the lustful trait felt kinda bad to me.

This was my aim actually, I've finished the work on completely overhauling how it works for this release, I think you will like how it works now
Now, the update

By Ban10

Fixes
    - Fix one case for claim initates having the wrong variable name (so no characters were generated!)

- Fix piety level reduction, having the lowest piety level increases costs by 10% (for things like revoking titles / getting vassals using piety/prestige)

- Other minor fixes, such as resaving with UTF-8 with BOM or typos

Changes
    - Forgot to mention change to orba, now has higher health penalty

- Cooldown for Mutare Corpus is now a year

- Initates now have Mulsa trait if you have a holy site with the Fascinare flag

- Upon freeing the Keeper of souls, you will also become the head of faith

- Swap Craven out for Lovers pox as a sin

- Change domination war to use similar calculation as Abice/Titulm Novis, though keeping the vanilla cost reductions for now and give extra reduction so that war costs less then just vassalising straight up, may need to balance/nerf numbers a bit.

Features
    - Completely rework Mutare Corpus interaction
        - Each effect (Physical/Mental/Sexual boost) now have very different effects
            - Physical boost gives strength traits, improves health and heals physical defects
            - Mental boost gives intelligence traits, improves education and heals mental defects
            - Sexual boost gives beauty traits, gives some fertility/other traits, heals diseases and can impregenate
        - The ritual can have the quality Backfire / Bad / Good / Great / Fantastic, with each tier having different effects
        - The quality chance is shown in the tooltips, and is based on your piety level, with the higher piety levels have much better odds of success
        - Long term plan is to change domitans to use the same system

- Add Issues and Todo files with stuff to fix and do

Regula_Magistri_git.zipRegula_Magistri.zip

Hey, glad Ban10 take fan work of this mod. I like that new man at arms pic hehheh it look soo weird but it enough to attract me anyway. I got bored playing many other game soo I decided to come back CK 3 after done with Prince of Darkness run tho just 2 campaige is enough for me even there many stuff left. 

I suppose I can play without court something animation mod as long as "Gameplay" first

Does everything still work the same? but like now with addtition stuff?? I didnt get far and also stuck on spellbound stuff too before

well, I have not make it far til I bordom out again soo I going to try this with EK II and if it work I wont comment anymore here

I have not play EK II before but without these stuff everything gonna be blend too

Edited by MilesKiyaAnny

Hi, any way to modify out the "Penalty for unlanded spouses or concubines" opinion modifer? I've tried to find where it is in the game files and remove it but can't locate it. Having all of my vassals opinions sitting at -100 because I've gone berserk with spouses is making getting them to agree to anything difficult. lol.

13 hours ago, TemnyjKorol said:

Hi, any way to modify out the "Penalty for unlanded spouses or concubines" opinion modifer? I've tried to find where it is in the game files and remove it but can't locate it. Having all of my vassals opinions sitting at -100 because I've gone berserk with spouses is making getting them to agree to anything difficult. lol.

In the file Regula_Magistri\events\relations_events\regula_paelex_events.txt
Look for the following line (line 99):

add_character_modifier = regula_unlanded_consort_penalty

Delete this line,
Thats it, You now just have to wait three months and the debuff will go away on its own.

If you really want to get rid of the debuff right now (and being at -100 with everyone is pretty bad XD)
Then you should load your save with debug mode turned on https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Console_commands#Enabling_debug_mode (the launcher one is the easiest)
In game, click `, then in the little console, copy and paste the following

effect = {
    remove_all_character_modifier_instances = regula_unlanded_consort_penalty
}

Finally, disable debug mode by clicking "debug mode" in the console that you were using, save and you should be good to go.

8 hours ago, MilesKiyaAnny said:

Welp, Look like it didnt work with EK II. if I summon the soul game going to say I died game over thinggy but I still live. Tho game mention that I am now theocracy and can not play as one. MAN

it take forever to get here but alright. let see if vanilia work

Yeah, I might look at EK2 as I plan on playing it myself, might end up being a separate version for it, no promises though