11 hours ago, Player80 said:

I don't know if this is intended, but the file provided for the mod is called "Devious Mimc Clothes", missing a 'i' letter. It really doesn't bother me at all.

I've taken the liberty of recompiling the trigger script so that the equipment would unequip instead of dropping. I'm going to test it right now, but is there any chance this could be implemented in the main mod?

Yeah, that missing "i" is totally intended, it's the base for a LL wide riddle I plan to set up *irony off* Sorry, will be fixed in the next version ^^

I hope you didn't cringe too hard because of my coding style ?

I surely can implement that, if it's wanted. I didn't, because my initial thought about this was the feeling to loose the item in one way or another, that's why it always gets removed out of your inventory. So, besides that it's working fine?

2 hours ago, Mister X said:

Yeah, that missing "i" is totally intended, it's the base for a LL wide riddle I plan to set up *irony off* Sorry, will be fixed in the next version ^^

Angry Pepe: Image Gallery (List View) | Know Your Meme

2 hours ago, Mister X said:

I hope you didn't cringe too hard because of my coding style ?

I can see a few code redudancies with the "OnEquip" and "OnUnequip" functions, but I couldn't be bothered fixing this myself as they are pretty much negligible. Here's an example:

The following code is used at two different places:

While dmclibs.InternalBlock
	Utility.WaitMenuMode(0.1)
EndWhile
dmclibs.InternalBlock = true

If it was more complex and longer than 4 lines, I'd definitely recommend putting it in its own function somewhere so you would gain time and consistency over the whole code. It's just 4 lines so whatever ?

There's also this part, which is almost the same for both the equip and unequip function:

If (TriggerMimic(akArmor, mcm.fUnEquipChance))
	If (mcm.bMsgboxToggle)
		Debug.Messagebox("While trying to un/equip the " + akArmor.GetName() + " you suddenly feel a strange movement. Before you could do anything, it shifted its form into a strange device, locked tightly onto your body!")
	Else
		Debug.Notification("The " + akArmor.GetName() + " was a mimic!")
	EndIf
Else

It could be its own function with a debugMessageBoxDescription parameter and a debugNotificationDescription parameter, like so:

(I'm not familiar with papyrus so idk if this is the correct syntax)

bool Function DisplayMimicEventMessage(string debugMessageBoxDescription, string debugNotificationDescription) global
	If (mcm.bMsgboxToggle)
		Debug.Messagebox(debugMessageBoxDescription)
		Return true
	Else
		Debug.Notification(debugNotificationDescription)
		Return true
	EndIf
	Return false
EndFunction

And then the code in both the equip and unequip events would be:

If (TriggerMimic(akArmor, mcm.fUnEquipChance))
		DisplayMimicEventMessage("While trying to un/equip the " + akArmor.GetName() + " you suddenly feel a strange movement. Before you could do anything, it shifted its form into a strange device, locked tightly onto your body!", "The " + akArmor.GetName() + " was a mimic!")
Else

Or something like that. I didn't do anything with the return value of the DisplayMimicEventMessage, though it could be used to detect an error.

You could then change the hard written strings to language files where it would pull the message from, allowing for easy translations. This is a bit more advanced though and I wouldn't recommend doing that before the main features are implemented.

I'll add once more that such optimizations would probably be a waste of time as the code is fairly simple and well written, it would only do good for yourself if you don't want to copy paste the same code to multiple places.

It would be possible to have consistency issues with redudancies if you were copy pasting a large portion of the same code at multiple places, as you'd have to test everything again in order to make sure you didn't accidentally copy a variable from another script or any other action that would change the expected behaviour.

TL;DR: I didn't cringe at all because of your coding style, you write in such a way that it is easy for the unexperimented Papyrus user (me) to easily locate what I want and apply changes. I've spent over 2 hours on the Milk Mod Economy script trying to find the value for a single variable, when that edit took me 5 minutes which could have easily been shortened to just 1 because Sexlab Utility Plus' scripts don't seem to be compiling friendly and needed to be disabled.

On 12/19/2020 at 8:29 AM, AkiKay said:

The mod just equipped the device "Elbow Shackles" onto my char which is kind of broken I think. Clicking on it just says "Carry on" and gives no chance to escape. Also has no animation and allows fighting.

That's then an issue of the DD framework, as equipping devices purely uses the framework's functions and my mod does nothing afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the concept of the mod, but I'm finding that the effect is that it will eventually destroy any armor or clothing that I try to wear. Because of stripping during all kinds of animations and events, it seems that armor or clothing is constantly being rechecked as it comes off and then goes back onto the character. I've had many pieces now that were fine multiple times, but eventually turn into mimics because of stripping events. I don't know anything about modding, so don't know how it can be done, but until this problem of rechecking every piece when it is taken off and put back on is solved, the mod is just too destructive for me to play with. Like what you are trying to do, and I'm all for new things to cause Devious Device problems for my character.

5 hours ago, cerebus300 said:

I like the concept of the mod, but I'm finding that the effect is that it will eventually destroy any armor or clothing that I try to wear. Because of stripping during all kinds of animations and events, it seems that armor or clothing is constantly being rechecked as it comes off and then goes back onto the character. I've had many pieces now that were fine multiple times, but eventually turn into mimics because of stripping events. I don't know anything about modding, so don't know how it can be done, but until this problem of rechecking every piece when it is taken off and put back on is solved, the mod is just too destructive for me to play with. Like what you are trying to do, and I'm all for new things to cause Devious Device problems for my character.

Heyho,
you can tell the mod to consider already worn armor as safe. So when it gets unequipped once safely, it's considered as worn. Afterwards, you can reequip it as often as you want and it never will trigger ;)

It only looses its state as worn, as soon as you drop such piece, so it leaves your inventory. 
Eg: you wear leather bracers and unequip them. Then they are cosnidered as worn. As long as you don't drop any leather bracers, you can equip/unequip one safely. This works, even if you have multiple bracers in your inventory.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Am enjoying the idea, and mod mostly works. I'm using version 1.4.1. However, I did run into a problem. 3 times my armor was destroyed when an item in a different body region was the mimic.

I can't remember what the DD device was - I think it was a hobble dress, but I'm not sure. The mimic was golden creolas (earrings) but it didn't become a head region DD. I adjusted my settings because, iirc, enchanted gauntlets (they might have been boots, but were definitely one or the other) were destroyed. FYI, they weren't vanilla, they were demon hunter or demon hunter v2 gauntles.

Enchanted items were supposed to be safe, worn armor was supposed to be safe. Question: does it matter whether the armor is unequipped by a sexlab animation or does it have to be a manual unequip/re-equip?

I changed my settings to drop enchanted items, double-checked that enchanted items are safe, worn armor was already safe, no random devices, events on equip/random/unequip.

Happened again when my demon hunter boots were the mimic. A hobble dress was put on me, my boots were safe, but my enchanted body armor was destroyed.

Changed my settings again. Unchecked 'destroy equip' and checked 'unequip gear instead'. Pics of my latest settings attached.

Made replacement armor. Put boots, armor, gauntlets in the safe chest. Boots and gauntlets were enchanted and superior, so the replacements that showed in my inventory I moved to the chest and took my better version out. The safe chest now has the base line Demon Hunter 2 boots, gauntlets, and armor. Equipped my gear. Improved the body armor on the smith workbench. Mimic event: boots to hobble dress, kept boots, body armor destroyed.

I am going to block the hobble dresses, but I am wondering if the issue is with any DD that takes up more than one slot/region. The mimic region is safe but the extra region that's replaced gets destroyed no matter what the settings are.

Thank you.

Spoiler

ScreenShot106.png

ScreenShot107.png

ScreenShot108.png

Papyrus.0.log load order.txt

1 hour ago, Seeker999 said:

**snip**

I am going to block the hobble dresses, but I am wondering if the issue is with any DD that takes up more than one slot/region. The mimic region is safe but the extra region that's replaced gets destroyed no matter what the settings are.

The full body replacement is not the issue. Golden clamps (another earring) was the mimic. Not unequipped, restrictive gloves put on, existing gauntlets destroyed, not unequipped.

@Seeker999 I'm currently quite busy so it can take some time until I can have a look at it.

But it sounds like an issue based on the earrings. I use armor slots instead of keywords to decide which body part an item belongs to. Maybe the earrings don't occupy a slot I check, so the mod uses a random devius device instead.

Normally, it still just should destroy the original mimic, namely the earrings and not the one in the actual spot ? Are you sure the items in the region of the device are the ones that get destroyed?

And you have to activate logging for my mod: open the console, write set mrxdmc_DEBUG to 1 and until you load another savegame, the mod will write its log.

On 1/21/2021 at 3:54 AM, Mister X said:

@Seeker999 I'm currently quite busy so it can take some time until I can have a look at it.

But it sounds like an issue based on the earrings. I use armor slots instead of keywords to decide which body part an item belongs to. Maybe the earrings don't occupy a slot I check, so the mod uses a random devius device instead.

Normally, it still just should destroy the original mimic, namely the earrings and not the one in the actual spot ? Are you sure the items in the region of the device are the ones that get destroyed?

And you have to activate logging for my mod: open the console, write set mrxdmc_DEBUG to 1 and until you load another savegame, the mod will write its log.

Thanks, I'll activate the logging. I understand you're busy, so whenever you get a chance... no problem.

I understand what you mean about the earrings, but that doesn't explain the boots.

My settings are not to destroy anything.

Earrings (2x) and boots (2x) were mimics; they were not destroyed as per my settings. They equipped hobble dresses and restrictive gloves, definitely different body regions. My body armor and gauntlets were destroyed when they were replaced by the DDs.

Anyway, maybe the log will show something. Thanks again.

Finally! After mimics that didn't destroy anything I got one that did.

The mimics that worked as I wanted (that is, nothing destroyed) were: mimic earrings equipped leg cuffs, mimic boots equipped leg cuffs, and mimic boots equipped dd boots. These instances won't show in the papyrus log cuz I left the game for awhile.

In the attached log there are 2 instances of a bad mimic, one where a mimic amulet equipped an ebonite catsuit and my body armor was destroyed in the process.

The other instance, I don't know what was going on. Got stuck in a loop, maybe? Anyway, I used task manager to close the game because I couldn't do anything. As you'll see, whatever was happening blew up my papyrus log.

Papyrus.0.log

• 2 weeks later...

@Seeker999 Heyho,

I had the time to look into it. For the first issue: that seemed to be a bug with dirty conditions. I test if the trigger gets a mimic and if the mimic is usable. Then if no valid mimic is present but it was an external call, it should find a random worn piece as new mimic. The problem was: it always tried to find a new mimic if no valid one was given, even for internal calls (by my mod itself).

That could have been the issue with your earrings: my mod declared them as not usable and then tried to find a random worn piece as alternative.

For your last post with the enormous log: I honestly don't know what happened there at the end: it seemed like my mod wasn't able to present the list of usable devices to the DD framework. This then tried to iterate a list that wasn't there and got stuck in the process, I believe. Why there was no list in the first place, I can't tell.

I tried another way to hand over the list to the framwork, hopefully that one is more reliable. At least, I didn't get stuck in such loop when testing ;D 

Mister X,

Awesome mod.  I have been working with it in SkyrimVR and I love it. However, I am running into a problem with loading up a save that was upgraded to the new DD5 or DD5.1.  I have an older DD that works flawlessly but your mode forced my hand to upgrade.  The initial load and play works with the DD5/5.1 initializing but the save becomes nuked and will not load.  I was wondering if you were willing the share the pre-DD5 version of your mod (unsupported of course).  I saw that the DL page only has version 1.3 as the lowest version and from your readme page DD5 is required after version 1.  Is version .9 available to be played until DD5 gets squared away in VR?  Thanks for the time and consideration!

11 hours ago, JayDrizzle said:

Mister X,

Awesome mod.  I have been working with it in SkyrimVR and I love it. However, I am running into a problem with loading up a save that was upgraded to the new DD5 or DD5.1.  I have an older DD that works flawlessly but your mode forced my hand to upgrade.  The initial load and play works with the DD5/5.1 initializing but the save becomes nuked and will not load.  I was wondering if you were willing the share the pre-DD5 version of your mod (unsupported of course).  I saw that the DL page only has version 1.3 as the lowest version and from your readme page DD5 is required after version 1.  Is version .9 available to be played until DD5 gets squared away in VR?  Thanks for the time and consideration!

Well, I have attached the latest beta file, if you want to try it. But of course, as it's (a lot more) beta than the current version, expect some unintended behaviour to happen.

Honestly, maybe your bugs may even come from upgrading to DD 5. It's clearly stated that a save is required that never has seen any older DD version before, so upgrading from DD 4 to 5 is not possible.

I've shared my beta file though, as eventually, soon(TM) ^^, DCUR 9 will be released and then probably a new save games is needed again for all who had DCUR 8 installed.

SPOILER: I hope to get DMC 2 ready until then, as that probably will require a new save, too ^^

Devious-Mimic-Clothing_0.8.3-rc.7z

Thanks.  Is this the more recent version? I must have miss understood your versioning numbers.  I saw in the posts that your last announced update was v.8 but that was on Nov 16th.  I then saw from the download section (see spoiler) that the oldest version was updated on Dec 10th.  This was titled DMC-SE_1-3-0 and I thought it was past version 1 thus needing DD5.

As per the CTD issue, you are correct as it was from updating to DD5.  I bit the bullet and started a new game, sat through the initialization of over 350+ mods, installed some from the MCM and got the saves to load.  As an aside, I have found that I can scrub the old DD save with Fallrim Tools (Batch clean, removed unattached/undefined) and get the save to load with DD5.  I understand that it might not work for the long haul but I am still solidifying the playlist so... fingers crossed.

Spoiler

Untitled.png

9 hours ago, chevalierx said:

mod not wprking at all , i have test old version and new and same , not working , i set in mcm all to 100 all and time to 1

but nothing happend when equiped or undress , dress

TBH, that's not helpful at all. First, nobody else said that no triggers are happening at all, so the chance is high it's a problem on your end and not of my mod.

Second, provide a Papyrus log while debugging was enabled in my mod (console: "set mrxdmc_debug to 1") and a list of mods that could interfer.

Third, what did you do, where have you been, what settings did you use? There are scenarions where no triggering will happen, eg when you have enabled safe places and you're in a player home or inn.

Fourth, what kind of equipment did you try it with? Triggers only happen for armor, clothing and jewelry, a sword or shield never will trigger.

Fifth, what do you mean with "old version and new"? What's the latest version you tried?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, enjoying the mod but encountering a slight issue. The problem is that even setting previously unequipped items safe an animation that forces clothes off and then returns & re-equips them afterwards seems to trigger a mimic more often than not.  I tried setting the chance for an equipping mimic to be low, but I still find it consistently happening whenever I go in and and out of animation that requires stripping.

51 minutes ago, thelockedfox70 said:

Hey there, enjoying the mod but encountering a slight issue. The problem is that even setting previously unequipped items safe an animation that forces clothes off and then returns & re-equips them afterwards seems to trigger a mimic more often than not.  I tried setting the chance for an equipping mimic to be low, but I still find it consistently happening whenever I go in and and out of animation that requires stripping.

Yeah, I know of that issue, though I didn't find the cause yet.

Funny thing: I currently work on v2 of DMC, where I basically use the same method, but it seems to work as intended ^^ You can find it in the LE thread of the mod, as I build it for LE and port it later, when I think it's stable enough.

6 minutes ago, NightHysteria said:

Are there any plans to create living clothes or cursed devices that will roam the catacombs?

You mean something similar to Chain Beasts? I didn't think of it yet, but it's an interesting idea.

However, I first will have to learn more about the CK, for the function as of right now I only had to code and learn how to glue the scripts together in the CK ^^

Hi ! I love your mod ! I used it as a lightweight version of Cursed Loot, that made my game crash a few time + save bloat. 

I know you stated there was no support about cleaning saves and updates. It's sad because It's the best DD mod out here and I wish I could continue to play it.

I tried uninstalling/waiting/updating as well as cleaning the save with FallRim Tools (for wich I have NO experience).

I'm forced to quit using the mod, which to be honest make me want to stop playing... :( 

I really hope that someone, even if it's not you, will be able to help in a way.

Until then, keep up the good work ! It's amazing to see new mods appearing !

Have a nice day !

12 hours ago, SpaceXplorer93 said:

Hi ! I love your mod ! I used it as a lightweight version of Cursed Loot, that made my game crash a few time + save bloat. 

I know you stated there was no support about cleaning saves and updates. It's sad because It's the best DD mod out here and I wish I could continue to play it.

I tried uninstalling/waiting/updating as well as cleaning the save with FallRim Tools (for wich I have NO experience).

I'm forced to quit using the mod, which to be honest make me want to stop playing... :( 

I really hope that someone, even if it's not you, will be able to help in a way.

Until then, keep up the good work ! It's amazing to see new mods appearing !

Have a nice day !

Hey, sorry to hear that. How about you continue to use v1.4 until DCUR v9 gets released, as this major DCUR update will need a new game, too? So if you used DCUR before or want to use it then, you just could update both?

Though as it seems like you don't want to use DCUR, the only way I could imagine an update of DMC from v1 to v2 could work:

1. Open the console and type Help dmc, search for the QUST ID and keep it in mind
  2. Type StopQuest [Quest ID], wait a moment and prove it by typing GetQR [Quest ID], it should tell 0 (zero)
  3. Wait a few minutes of real time, then save
  4. Uninstall the old version and open the savefile with FallRim Tools
  5. Use Clean>>Remove unattached instances and Clean>>Remove undefined elements, save afterwards
  6. Start the cleaned safefile without the new version in Skyrim, wait a few realtime minutes
  7. Save again and install the new version

If it doesn't work, I can't help anymore.