17 hours ago, Mister X said:

Did this happen while you were logging? At least in that file not a single Mimic event triggered successfully, my mod never put a single DD item on your character

What do you mean by "logging"?
I was looting dead bodies when this happen and my first thought was about DCL, but messege in pop-up window was too simple for CL, and when i close dead body's loot window i saw messages in left corner about mimic main event start/finish.

But yeah there is something strange about that specific straitjacket.
1) Its third time i got this specific straitjacked dress - non other items was triggered by mimic since it's first appearance
2) It's high security restrain from DCL, but event trigger it not tied to CL so i cant talk with blacksmithes about it and DCL's safeword nor Universal key not taking it off either
3) I did some research in consol. Item itself is from DCL but triggered by misterious (for me) DCUR event - same event i was mension previously talking about mimic's settings where u cant set it's weight lower then 0.1% (and yes all boxes in those settings unchecked long ago)

4) I didnt find any way to get rid of this dress other then reload previous savefile

Edited by Kanjo
16 hours ago, Kanjo said:

What do you mean by "logging"?
I was looting dead bodies when this happen and my first thought was about DCL, but messege in pop-up window was too simple for CL, and when i close dead body's loot window i saw messages in left corner about mimic main event start/finish.

But yeah there is something strange about that specific straitjacket.
1) Its third time i got this specific straitjacked dress - non other items was triggered by mimic since it's first appearance
2) It's high security restrain from DCL, but event trigger it not tied to CL so i cant talk with blacksmithes about it and DCL's safeword nor Universal key not taking it off either
3) I did some research in consol. Item itself is from DCL but triggered by misterious (for me) DCUR event - same event i was mension previously talking about mimic's settings where u cant set it's weight lower then 0.1% (and yes all boxes in those settings unchecked long ago)

4) I didnt find any way to get rid of this dress other then reload previous savefile

With, "happened while logging" I meant if you got this item equipped while Papyrus logging was already active? Else I wouldn't be able to find anything in the logs

Now to your info:

For 1) That wouldn't be impossible but very unlikely for my mod, when speaking about DD items in general

For 2) Normally my mod won't equip anything from DCUR, it purely uses the generic item form lists of the DD framework. DCUR items only are used when a DCUR event gets triggered

For 3) In the log you've sent me, my mod did not send a single external event, neither for Estrus, nor for DCUR. Whatever mod sent this event, it wasn't mine, at least not in the logged time period. By the way, my mod also tells you when it sends external events, so you would have seen it at least in the top left corner.

4) I have no clue how to remove such stuff. My idea would have been to talk to blacksmiths, too.

PS: DCUR = DCL

5 hours ago, Mister X said:

With, "happened while logging" I meant if you got this item equipped while Papyrus logging was already active? Else I wouldn't be able to find anything in the logs

Now to your info:

For 1) That wouldn't be impossible but very unlikely for my mod, when speaking about DD items in general

For 2) Normally my mod won't equip anything from DCUR, it purely uses the generic item form lists of the DD framework. DCUR items only are used when a DCUR event gets triggered

For 3) In the log you've sent me, my mod did not send a single external event, neither for Estrus, nor for DCUR. Whatever mod sent this event, it wasn't mine, at least not in the logged time period. By the way, my mod also tells you when it sends external events, so you would have seen it at least in the top left corner.

4) I have no clue how to remove such stuff. My idea would have been to talk to blacksmiths, too.

PS: DCUR = DCL

Ah yes, i switch logging on long ago and never switch it off, so im sure i was logging.

Okey then, maybe im facing some kind of exeption that need a patch but i dont know wath other mod could trigger it. Will disable mimic for now and try to see if this dress happen again.

Edited by Kanjo
On 9/1/2022 at 2:59 AM, Mister X said:

1) Unchecked follower support and it still triggered? Strange ... Is that follower shown in the MCM (Debug page) as tracked follower?

Not shown in the MCM or as tracked follower. I've seen it happen 3 times now, got a screenshot this last time. https://imgur.com/Xi88B4G Quite fetching, I think, but not quite my intention :) Unfortunately I didn't have logging enabled at the time.

On 9/1/2022 at 2:59 AM, Mister X said:

2) Thanks for the report, I indeed forgot to check if a follower may wear stuff. Still, the check on triggering should have prevented any item for a male character. Do you have DD for Him installed?

I do indeed have that installed. I guess I'll disable it and see if that fixes the issue.

• 5 months later...

So the mod has been working fine on SE 1.5.97 and DD 5.2, but there is a quality of life sort of issue... Dropping some armor to ground when it triggers a mimic is fine, but if it's ring and you are in the wilderness then chances are you'll never find it again. I don't like losing crafted gear for example. Maybe there could be option to simply unequip instead of drop or destroy? And a checkbox for "Allow dropping jewelry".

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 12:24 PM, Zaflis said:

So the mod has been working fine on SE 1.5.97 and DD 5.2, but there is a quality of life sort of issue... Dropping some armor to ground when it triggers a mimic is fine, but if it's ring and you are in the wilderness then chances are you'll never find it again. I don't like losing crafted gear for example. Maybe there could be option to simply unequip instead of drop or destroy? And a checkbox for "Allow dropping jewelry".

Well, the base idea or "lore" of this mod is, that you never had a piece of armor or jewelry in your inventory in the first place. It just looked like that and reveals its true nature as Devious Mimic when being handled in some way (equip, unequip, wear, ...) Keeping that in mind, the true way would be to always destroy the piece. I already relaxed it (as I'm aware that this would also destroy fun) so you can say the piece just was worn as disguise by the Devious Mimic and then gets thrown away on reveal.

I can have a look at it though and maybe add a toggle for jewelry, so these stay in inventory. Still, it won't be added for armor/clothing, as that's the thrill of this mod: you can never feel truly save when wearing some and may loose it at some point.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Phelan42 said:

I'm still a little confused about what the "Min/Max hours for random events" is in comparison to the "Cooldown" options...

Other than that, great work, thank you very much! ?

Random events happen without you doing something and replace a piece of the currently worn armor. The min/max hours are the frame for the next random event to happen after the last one. So let's say you set those to 12/72h, then after a random event happened, the next one will be anytime between 12 and 72h later.

The cooldown is independent from that and counts for all events: set this to 6h and you're safe from mimics for 6h after any succesful mimic event happened. 
So let's say a random event happened with the example settings. For 6 ingame hours you can equip and unequip armors as you want, too, because of the cooldown. After those 6h any equip or unequip could trigger a new mimic. And after 12 to 72 hours, a new random event fires up, so you can get a mimic, too, without changing armor once.

33 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Random events happen without you doing something and replace a piece of the currently worn armor. The min/max hours are the frame for the next random event to happen after the last one. So let's say you set those to 12/72h, then after a random event happened, the next one will be anytime between 12 and 72h later.

The cooldown is independent from that and counts for all events: set this to 6h and you're safe from mimics for 6h after any succesful mimic event happened. 
So let's say a random event happened with the example settings. For 6 ingame hours you can equip and unequip armors as you want, too, because of the cooldown. After those 6h any equip or unequip could trigger a new mimic. And after 12 to 72 hours, a new random event fires up, so you can get a mimic, too, without changing armor once.

Ah, so if I get this correctly, the "Random events" timer counts solely for the "Randomly" under "Event Toggles" (but not equipping/unequipping, obtaining gold, or sleeping), and the countdown counts for everything, including the "Randomly" one? ?

45 minutes ago, Phelan42 said:

Ah, so if I get this correctly, the "Random events" timer counts solely for the "Randomly" under "Event Toggles" (but not equipping/unequipping, obtaining gold, or sleeping), and the countdown counts for everything, including the "Randomly" one? ?

Exactly :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mister X,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm a Chinese player and a big fan of your mod.

I was wondering if it's possible for you to grant me permission to translate your mod into Chinese and post it on the Chinese website 9DM, as many Chinese players are unable to access LoversLab due to the government's internet firewall.

I promise to credit you as the original author and link to your mod page.

Thank you for your consideration, and please let me know if you have any concerns or questions.

Cheers!  ))))

1 hour ago, Iceriny said:

Hey Mister X,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm a Chinese player and a big fan of your mod.

I was wondering if it's possible for you to grant me permission to translate your mod into Chinese and post it on the Chinese website 9DM, as many Chinese players are unable to access LoversLab due to the government's internet firewall.

I promise to credit you as the original author and link to your mod page.

Thank you for your consideration, and please let me know if you have any concerns or questions.

Cheers!  ))))

Hey, thanks for asking! Because of that, of course you may do so, as long as you do credit and link to my mod page ;) 

19 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Hey, thanks for asking! Because of that, of course you may do so, as long as you do credit and link to my mod page ;) 

Good!THX!

Great to hear that! Thank you so much for granting me permission to translate your mod into Chinese and post it on 9DM. I will definitely credit you as the original author and link to your mod page. If you have any other requirements or concerns, please do let me know.

Thanks again!

Oops, I almost forgot. Here is the link in Chinese 9DM: [link]. Unfortunately, I've noticed that there are a lot of "takers" on the Chinese internet, and not as much constructive communication. But if there is any constructive feedback or ideas, I'll definitely reach out to you. 

Be Happy!

27 minutes ago, Iceriny said:

Good!THX!

Great to hear that! Thank you so much for granting me permission to translate your mod into Chinese and post it on 9DM. I will definitely credit you as the original author and link to your mod page. If you have any other requirements or concerns, please do let me know.

Thanks again!

Oops, I almost forgot. Here is the link in Chinese 9DM: [link]. Unfortunately, I've noticed that there are a lot of "takers" on the Chinese internet, and not as much constructive communication. But if there is any constructive feedback or ideas, I'll definitely reach out to you. 

Be Happy!

Not so much requirements ^^ The only thing would be, that you take it down if I ask to do so, but that I take for granted ^^
For now, thanks for the link and if there's any constructive feedback, I'd be glad to hear about it ;) 

Especially, as v4 currently still is in beta and I already found a nasty bug in it... for now, there probably won't be any random events, as it seems like the tracking doesn't work, that's needed for them.

v4.0.0 now officially released!

As I wasn't able to find major mod-/game breaking bugs and none were reported, now v4.0 is officially released!

It's a partial rewrite of the code with several improvements to enhance for one the speed and responsiveness of the mod and two, its expandability. It's now easier for me to add new device types or external events, if I happen to come across fitting ones.

No polling whatsoever, everything works event based, with smart activation and deactivation of event catching.

New and more robust base logic for Random Triggers. Now it for one is more random than ever (now time period anymore) as well as being more robust to handle internally.

Optimized threading to improve performance for actual event triggers. That's the only time intensive script work is done, btw!

It still has the same high customizability as the previous version, so you can exactly tweak it like you want!

Only thing that got removed is the follower support, due to it being unreliable and unstable.

Hi.

Trying your mod on completely new game (but its heavily modded. but no other mod does this problem). Trying to open mcm of your mod to check settings ends with completely broken mcm (it stops showing mods completely), it becomes empty. Gonna disable it for now. ver 4.0 latest, dd5 latest, etc.

Spoiler

Opening DMC mcm:

image.png.8fa189400dac98452d4c943660dd5ea5.png

And after that in main mcm window:

image.png.c95dd34e418446bf2c3808777d8d9981.png

Edited by Gh0sTG0
18 hours ago, Gh0sTG0 said:

Hi.

Trying your mod on completely new game (but its heavily modded. but no other mod does this problem). Trying to open mcm of your mod to check settings ends with completely broken mcm (it stops showing mods completely), it becomes empty. Gonna disable it for now. ver 4.0 latest, dd5 latest, etc.

Hide contents

Opening DMC mcm:

image.png.8fa189400dac98452d4c943660dd5ea5.png

And after that in main mcm window:

image.png.c95dd34e418446bf2c3808777d8d9981.png

Huh? That's REALLY strange... The only thing it does when opening the MCM is to check if you are tied up in Devious Devices. Nothing more.
Anything else is done earlier, at game load, so normally the most problems should occur there. Did other MCM menus work before? Do you have any mod installed to alter Papyrus Handling, eg Papyrus Tweaks?

Could you enable Papyrus logging and retry it? Or do you have a log by chance? It's told in the Additional Info in the description where to find it. Send that and the normal Papyrus log, please.

5 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Huh? That's REALLY strange... The only thing it does when opening the MCM is to check if you are tied up in Devious Devices. Nothing more.
Anything else is done earlier, at game load, so normally the most problems should occur there. Did other MCM menus work before? Do you have any mod installed to alter Papyrus Handling, eg Papyrus Tweaks?

Could you enable Papyrus logging and retry it? Or do you have a log by chance? It's told in the Additional Info in the description where to find it. Send that and the normal Papyrus log, please.

Sorry, I already deleted it. Going to minimize my build...

I seem to also have issues with the MCM. Only thing is mine just isn't showing up on a new save. I removed the mod and readded it to a save then it appeared. I then reloaded the save after a crash to find it didn't appear again...

16 hours ago, RoxDox said:

I seem to also have issues with the MCM. Only thing is mine just isn't showing up on a new save. I removed the mod and readded it to a save then it appeared. I then reloaded the save after a crash to find it didn't appear again...

Did you get a log for me? I tried restarting several times and it always showed up in my MCM.

Maybe try sending SetStage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1 in the console, to force SkyUI to update the MCM.

26 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Did you get a log for me? I tried restarting several times and it always showed up in my MCM.

Maybe try sending SetStage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1 in the console, to force SkyUI to update the MCM.

Ill give the above command ago.

When I crashed it was something entirely unrelated to Devious mimics. I just realised that once I had reloaded the game that it wasn't there though.