49 minutes ago, Phelan42 said:

Is it possible to update DMC for a running game that was started with an older version, or does the "requires a new game" apply to updating as well? ?

It especially applies to games where an older version has been installed.

I assume you should be able to get it running mid-playthrough if that one's never seen any DMC installation before. Don't take that as granted though, I didn't test it

Edited by Mister X
On 5/20/2023 at 11:39 AM, Gh0sTG0 said:

Hi.

Trying your mod on completely new game (but its heavily modded. but no other mod does this problem). Trying to open mcm of your mod to check settings ends with completely broken mcm (it stops showing mods completely), it becomes empty. Gonna disable it for now. ver 4.0 latest, dd5 latest, etc.

Reveal hidden contents

Opening DMC mcm:

image.png.8fa189400dac98452d4c943660dd5ea5.png

And after that in main mcm window:

image.png.c95dd34e418446bf2c3808777d8d9981.png

Same thing happened to me... Wished I had kept my log files.  Had to go back to 3.1.2.   V4 completely breaks my MCM once I open the MCM.   

I haven't tried v3.1.2 and I tried disabling all alternative papyrus extenders/tweaks, but v4's menu won't even load.  Aside from the requirements for this mod.  Using the mod pack from nexus called, "Immersive & Epic Realms of Nirn NSFW".  Unsure what the conflict file is aside from the papyrus thing but isn't that since it didn't show up still.  New game or old game.  Does not matter.  Any ideas?
https://next.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/collections/rvxts8

Spoiler
On 5/20/2023 at 5:39 PM, Gh0sTG0 said:

Hi.

Trying your mod on completely new game (but its heavily modded. but no other mod does this problem). Trying to open mcm of your mod to check settings ends with completely broken mcm (it stops showing mods completely), it becomes empty. Gonna disable it for now. ver 4.0 latest, dd5 latest, etc.

Reveal hidden contents

Opening DMC mcm:

image.png.8fa189400dac98452d4c943660dd5ea5.png

And after that in main mcm window:

image.png.c95dd34e418446bf2c3808777d8d9981.png

On 5/26/2023 at 5:43 PM, RoxDox said:

I seem to also have issues with the MCM. Only thing is mine just isn't showing up on a new save. I removed the mod and readded it to a save then it appeared. I then reloaded the save after a crash to find it didn't appear again...

9 hours ago, Kamikatana said:

Same thing happened to me... Wished I had kept my log files.  Had to go back to 3.1.2.   V4 completely breaks my MCM once I open the MCM.   

6 hours ago, Caladian said:

I haven't tried v3.1.2 and I tried disabling all alternative papyrus extenders/tweaks, but v4's menu won't even load.  Aside from the requirements for this mod.  Using the mod pack from nexus called, "Immersive & Epic Realms of Nirn NSFW".  Unsure what the conflict file is aside from the papyrus thing but isn't that since it didn't show up still.  New game or old game.  Does not matter.  Any ideas?
https://next.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/collections/rvxts8

I really don't know where your MCM issues come from :( I'm absolutely unable to reproduce it. The only thing I can imagine is, that a MCM doesn't like a logo packed in an archive. If that's the case, try this. Not much changed, except for no bsa archive but all assets loose.

DeviousMimicClothes-4.0.1.zip

I've loaded the 4.01, and so far so good, but haven't finished loading up my new character.  Still a lot of setup.   Like the other person on the previous page, I've also trimmed my Loadlist a bit so not sure if this will have an impact.  Will advise if it happens again, and if it does, I'll check for logs, etc.

3 hours ago, stll01batt said:

downloaded 4.0

no mimics

have everything at 100%

no restrictions

no mimics

I can give you the same amount of information as you gave me: you did something wrong.

I need the Papyrus log aswell as this mod's log (info how to get those are in the description). Then tell me IN DETAIL what you've tried to trigger a mimic. Where have you been, what did you do, what did you expect, what was the actual outcome?

2 hours ago, Mister X said:

At the people who had problems with the MCM (@Gh0sTG0, @RoxDox, @Kamikatana, @Caladian) :

Did you test v4.01? Does it work for you? If yes, I'll just release it like that, as the only problem then seems to be the bsa archive

So, that specific collection (immersive and epic) didn't like listing your mod at all.  Some mod in that vs their lighter pack (immersive and pure), causes it to not list.  In terms of showing up in menu, as long as I don't use that collection, it works.  I'm trying to get papyrus files to be created about none of the mod actually doing anything.  I had it work like once, but stopped.  Got sidetracked by playing the game.  LOL.  I did followed your thing about getting papyrus to export it but no dice.  On the skyrim.ini I don't have that file, only skyrim_default that lists papyrus and no logs (not even the folder) was created.  So I'm doing something wrong there.

Edited by Caladian
4 minutes ago, Caladian said:

On the skyrim.ini I don't have that file, only skyrim_default that lists papyrus and no logs (not even the folder) was created.  So I'm doing something wrong there.

Do you have a SkyrimCustom.ini file? Settings in there overwrite the ones from the normal files. Maybe look for that.

5 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Do you have a SkyrimCustom.ini file? Settings in there overwrite the ones from the normal files. Maybe look for that.

Found skyrim.ini in mydocs.  I was looking at the wrong place.  Was looking at install location.  Uploading my papyrus file.  All settings were maximum, I was out in the wilderness so even though I first spammed it in town, I also did it in the wilderness incase of safe space was working notasintended.

Papyrus.0.log

13 minutes ago, Caladian said:

Found skyrim.ini in mydocs.  I was looking at the wrong place.  Was looking at install location.  Uploading my papyrus file.  All settings were maximum, I was out in the wilderness so even though I first spammed it in town, I also did it in the wilderness incase of safe space was working notasintended.

Papyrus.0.log 278.55 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you! Just one thing: the folder where you found this log should include another folder "user", too. Within that there are the log files specifically for this mod. I best need that, too!

15 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Thank you! Just one thing: the folder where you found this log should include another folder "user", too. Within that there are the log files specifically for this mod. I best need that, too!

Sorry no dice on that folder being anywhere.  Only Script folder is in the Log folder.  I re-verified I setup the log correctly.

1 hour ago, Caladian said:

Sorry no dice on that folder being anywhere.  Only Script folder is in the Log folder.  I re-verified I setup the log correctly.

Weird, it should appear in [User]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Logs\Script\User

Hmm, very strange. The mod itself checks if bEnableLogging is set true in Skyrims ini Papyrus section 

_bDebug = Utility.GetINIBool("bEnableLogging:Papyrus")

So as long as that is set true, the mod should log. The thing is, even the normal Papyrus log doesn't contain any messages from my mod. Normally they should be posted in both files

For me, so far, the 4.01 patch / update has worked; however, as stated before, I have changed my load order.  I wanted to get rid of MenuMaid, and have therefore reduced my load to have less than 128 MCM entries.

If it comes up again, however, I will advise... Thanks for the 4.01 release.  So far, so good.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I wanted to test the rubber doll event. I increased the chance of triggering an external event and the event itself to 100%, while lowering all other chances to 0.1%. After equipping the armor, the "mimic triggered something else" notification popped up, after which nothing happened. Then I tried to increase the chances of the rest of the events, however, this did not help, I just saw a notification after which nothing happened.

2 minutes ago, ThisIsZambezi said:

Today I wanted to test the rubber doll event. I increased the chance of triggering an external event and the event itself to 100%, while lowering all other chances to 0.1%. After equipping the armor, the "mimic triggered something else" notification popped up, after which nothing happened. Then I tried to increase the chances of the rest of the events, however, this did not help, I just saw a notification after which nothing happened.

That's interesting. So as the events do appear in the MCM, I assume you have DCL properly installed. BTW, those are event weights, not chances. An event with double the weight of another one also has twice the chance to trigger. Meaning if the sum of all events accumulated is 100, then each of the weights represents its chance ;) 

Do you have a log file by chance, or can you enable logging and try again? I tested my implementation myself and for me it worked.

41 minutes ago, Mister X said:

That's interesting. So as the events do appear in the MCM, I assume you have DCL properly installed. BTW, those are event weights, not chances. An event with double the weight of another one also has twice the chance to trigger. Meaning if the sum of all events accumulated is 100, then each of the weights represents its chance ;) 

Do you have a log file by chance, or can you enable logging and try again? I tested my implementation myself and for me it worked.

Where can I find or enable this? I found a way to enable crash logging, but the point is that the game does not crash during this bug.

By the way, this is a great mod. Thank you! However, it would be cool if you could adjust the chance of an item being a mimic. Otherwise it turns out that every piece of clothing is a mimic by default, just not all of them are triggered. You can make it so that this chance is assigned to a piece of clothing only when you put it on for the first time. Thus, an item either has a chance to be a mimic and follow the normal trigger chances, or not to be a mimic at all and have no trigger chances.

Edited by ThisIsZambezi
1 hour ago, ThisIsZambezi said:

By the way, this is a great mod. Thank you! However, it would be cool if you could adjust the chance of an item being a mimic. Otherwise it turns out that every piece of clothing is a mimic by default, just not all of them are triggered. You can make it so that this chance is assigned to a piece of clothing only when you put it on for the first time. Thus, an item either has a chance to be a mimic and follow the normal trigger chances, or not to be a mimic at all and have no trigger chances.

That's the "Worn armor is safe" setting. Armor that you equipped AND unequipped without triggering is safe afterwards with that setting enabled. It just may not leave your inventory.

On 6/30/2023 at 2:03 PM, Mister X said:

That's the "Worn armor is safe" setting. Armor that you equipped AND unequipped without triggering is safe afterwards with that setting enabled. It just may not leave your inventory.

Okay, my point is that a mimic can always trigger randomly while wearing it or while sleeping. Of course, I can put it on and immediately take it off to make sure that the mimic does not trigger while wearing it, but what is the point of these two triggers then? Checking the item after putting it on would solve this problem. Or maybe there is some difficulty in it that does not allow to implement it?