On 10/19/2020 at 12:29 AM, beerman778 said:

Could you make separate sliders for the chance of morphing into DD on the first equip and all following ones?

I included this one in 0.5.1, did you give it a try? Does it work as you intended?

On 10/20/2020 at 8:45 PM, Dude2000 said:

There are some ZAZ fluidity effects (like pee etc.) that accidentally trigger events from this mod when they get equipped. That's currently preventing me from using this mod.

There now is a check for the Zaz keyword for equippable stuff, as well as equippables with no name (they either are bugged or technical stuff of other mods).
Do you still have that problem?

Well, as @Inawen_ll stated, most SE mods work with LE, too, if they don't include textures or meshes. The only texture in my mod is the MCM logo, everything else are scripts and the esp.

It's just more secure from LE to SE than the other way around, as SE provides some additional Papyrus functions that Oldrim doesn't include. And honestly, I can't remember if I used one of those, so it would be nice to know if it works as it should ? 

15 hours ago, beerman778 said:

Thanks so much! I will test it today or tomorrow and will come back to you :)

But don't forget: only armors that stay in your inventory won't catch the full curse again! And you will have to equip and unequip them at least once without triggering for the modifier to kick in.

This should also work for stacked armors, eg if you have five armors and you wear one several times it should modify the chances. If you drop one, the first equip and unequip of one of the remaining four should use the full chances, afterwards they should get modified again. (I just assume that always the same armor of the stack gets equipped, as there's no way of manually choosing it by the player and it's way easier to code this way :P )

Would love to hear from your testing, if this works on your end!

On 11/4/2020 at 1:48 PM, Mister X said:

I included this one in 0.5.1, did you give it a try? Does it work as you intended?

I checked version 0.6.0-b. The triggers for OnEquip for already worn (and not already worn) clothing seems to work as expected. The chance calculation for OnEquip (with and without the "Modifier for already worn armor") was as expected as well. There is no trigger for already worn clothing for UnEquip, dont know if this is intended. The "Worn armor is safe" option work as well. So it looks like it all works as intended :)

I did not test the whole random thing and anything with arousal (I set it to 0 to not influence the tests).

Thanks again!

On 11/6/2020 at 4:10 PM, beerman778 said:

There is no trigger for already worn clothing for UnEquip, dont know if this is intended

What do you mean by this? Normally UnEquip should trigger almost every time.

The main problem I have is with the Equip when switching armors. So you wear one and then equip a new one: that sends two events, one UnEquip for the old armor  and after that an Equip for the new one. I'm testing a new method to hold other events while one is active at the moment, maybe this solves this problem.

Though as the UnEquip comes first, with that event there already should be no problem. It should always start the trigger and either aborts, based on MCM settings (worn armor, CD ...), or tries its chance.

Did some testing.

I had an issue with quest and locked devices in LE.  I was using Devious Device Equipment V 351.  I am sure this is the same for SE as the DDE version is 350 where locked and quest devious items are not removed.  The LE DDE version of 350 and 351 also don't unequip locked and quest items.  I know that DDE 400 + unequips locked items, but not quest items.

It would equip items over the same slot as my quest or locked Devious Devices.

Can you put a script that would detect if wearer was in quest or locked devious and the Mod would not equip any items.

Or maybe even if the PC was in any devious device, the mod would be paused so not to interfere with other mods.

You may also want to check for any zbf, zba, or zap items that aren't devious devices.

8 hours ago, Xuvish said:

Did some testing.

I had an issue with quest and locked devices in LE.  I was using Devious Device Equipment V 351.  I am sure this is the same for SE as the DDE version is 350 where locked and quest devious items are not removed.  The LE DDE version of 350 and 351 also don't unequip locked and quest items.  I know that DDE 400 + unequips locked items, but not quest items.

Can you put a script that would detect if wearer was in quest or locked devious and the Mod would not equip any items.

Or maybe even if the PC was in any devious device, the mod would be paused so not to interfere with other mods.

You may also want to check for any zbf, zba, or zap items that aren't devious devices.

Thank you for the report and yep, I already came across this issue myself. That's what I tackle in my next release.

I've had another idea though: I check if a devious device already is equipped in the affected slot. If yes, it tries to interact with that item (eg tighten it up or lock it again, if it was manipulated). When this works, it counts as success, if not, the trigger aborts. That way, quest items should be safe, while other body parts are still vulnerable to trigger a mimic.

Good point of you: I can, and probably will add another sanity check for the quest item keyword though, that pauses the trigger while one is worn, as I have no idea what other mods want to add during a quest :) 

And yes, it seems I forgot to check if there's a ZAP item worn in that slot, too ?

On 11/11/2020 at 12:17 AM, Xuvish said:

With v0.7 I have added a check for quest mods, that should pause the trigger totally and another check, that looks for already worn devices. For those, it either tries to manipulate the already worn one or stops the trigger.

Would love to hear if it works like you've imagined it!

May I request the "start quest completed" check to be made optional? I'm using this on LE in conjunction with Skyrim Unbound (a different alternate start mod), which does not flag the vanilla intro quest nor the ASLAL intro quest as completed upon starting a new game, thus preventing this mod from ever triggering (Otherwise the mod had worked just fine on LE, after commenting out the relevant lines), so it is incompatible with any other alternate start mod by default.

I just tested this on LE with DD4 - but nothing ever triggered.

57 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

May I request the "start quest completed" check to be made optional? I'm using this on LE in conjunction with Skyrim Unbound (a different alternate start mod), which does not flag the vanilla intro quest nor the ASLAL intro quest as completed upon starting a new game, thus preventing this mod from ever triggering

This would explain why it couldn't trigger - I started this char with LAL and haven't bothered with any part of the mainquest for ages.

16 hours ago, Taki17 said:

May I request the "start quest completed" check to be made optional? I'm using this on LE in conjunction with Skyrim Unbound (a different alternate start mod), which does not flag the vanilla intro quest nor the ASLAL intro quest as completed upon starting a new game, thus preventing this mod from ever triggering (Otherwise the mod had worked just fine on LE, after commenting out the relevant lines), so it is incompatible with any other alternate start mod by default.

I see ... I just wanted to make sure nobody gets hit with a trigger before finishing at least the character creation. In my eyes it just seems to be kind of bad practice of Unbound to not finish at least the first part of the vanilla quest, as many other mods rely on it to be finished before starting up. IIRC Campfire needs you to be "out of the cave" (speaking intro quest finished), before firing up its mechanics.

BTW, did you get any hint of vanilla "Unbound" (the Helgen start) being completed? Maybe I just change the check from stage check to completion check if that's the case.

But I will see what I can do there ;) 

15 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

I just tested this on LE with DD4 - but nothing ever triggered.

This would explain why it couldn't trigger - I started this char with LAL and haven't bothered with any part of the mainquest for ages.

Sorry, but it probably is another reason, as LAL gets recognized correctly on my end. If it's used, it just waits for LAL's character creation "quest" to be finished (speaking you're being out of the cell) and doesn't bother about vanilla quest lines anymore. Did you uninstall LAL during your playthrough?

Which version do you use? If it's at least 0.7.0 can you try "GetQR dmc_Main" in console? and see if it returns 1?

Do you have a Papyrus log on hand?

54 minutes ago, Mister X said:

BTW, did you get any hint of vanilla "Unbound" (the Helgen start) being completed? Maybe I just change the check from stage check to completion check if that's the case.

Skyrim Unbound has a script that essentially "prepares" Helgen in a devastated state once the game starts, and it contains the following:

function FixHelgen()

;bunch of disables of npcs that only appear during the quest

SetStage(25)
	SetStage(26)
	SetStage(250)
	SetStage(1000)

endFunction 

So it cycles through several stages for MQ101 during the process, if that is something you can use.

42 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

Skyrim Unbound has a script that essentially "prepares" Helgen in a devastated state once the game starts, and it contains the following:

function FixHelgen()

;bunch of disables of npcs that only appear during the quest

SetStage(25)
	SetStage(26)
	SetStage(250)
	SetStage(1000)

endFunction 

So it cycles through several stages for MQ101 during the process, if that is something you can use.

Are you sure it cycles through MQ101? As its stage 1000 does not much, stage 900 would be the one to finish MQ101 ?

Edit: It seems I do can work with stage 1000 instead, as it also gets set by 900. That should do the trick

What's New in Version 0.8.0-rc

- ADDED debug toggle for start quest check, should not be needed

- ADDED check for ZAP devices worn in a conflicting slot, only if ZAP is installed

- ADDED controller rumbling, for the giggles  

- CHANGED the config menu (MCM) now is provided by the same base quest as the trigger (technical stuff)

- CHANGED no PapyrusUtil is needed anymore, changed to CK formlists (technical stuff), less Papyrus stress

- FIXED the start quest check now uses the correct stage of vanilla start quest

- FIXED it only checks if the armor is present if it's an external trigger - faster trigger start most of the time

- FIXED several smaller stuff

- KNOWN ISSUE you may get two instances of the MCM for a while, normally one should vanish soon

- KNOWN ISSUE mcm settings will get reset

- CHANGED: upgraded from beta to release candidate status

On 11/12/2020 at 5:26 PM, Taki17 said:

I added the toggle you wanted, but maybe first let the check enabled and test if it works as it should. I also changed the stage to check for the vanilla quest, so it should trigger now for you, too.

7 hours ago, Mister X said:

I added the toggle you wanted, but maybe first let the check enabled and test if it works as it should. I also changed the stage to check for the vanilla quest, so it should trigger now for you, too.

The stage check worked just fine, the toggle wasn't needed. Thanks for addressing it.

On 11/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, CaptainJ03 said:

I have found a bug, that could have caused that. Did your character got involved in a sex act after installing my mod?

I've reset the wrong flag, so after a sex act where the PC was involved my mod probably was effectively disabled. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Found an issue while doing some testings in a new game. This mod detects the invisible objects to enable SMP on the player (from CBBE 3BBB) as clothing and thus can equip devices when the user switchs between CBPC and SMP modes. It would be nice to exclude such items, although I'm not sure how (a patch for CBBE 3BBB in particular maybe? or is there a way to filter equipable non-clothing items?). 

On 12/1/2020 at 9:48 PM, Just Don't said:

[...] objects to enable SMP on the player (from CBBE 3BBB)  [...]

I've added a check for the "SexLabNoStrip" keyword (no idea how could forget this in the first place ?) in versin 1.2

As those objects carry this keyword as far as I've seen, it now should be safe. Can you confirm this?

It looks like it has some compability issues with IEquip (or maybe not).

I tried IEquip for the first time ever and when I equipped a mace that triggered the mimic I got a restraint but the mace did not go away.

Some minutes later it seemed like mimic tried again - the vortex, the sound, and another restraint

- but still the mace.

It felt wrong even though I never used IE before.

20 minutes ago, mrdoodle said:

It looks like it has some compability issues with IEquip (or maybe not).

I tried IEquip for the first time ever and when I equipped a mace that triggered the mimic I got a restraint but the mace did not go away.

Some minutes later it seemed like mimic tried again - the vortex, the sound, and another restraint

- but still the mace.

It felt wrong even though I never used IE before.

That one is totally weird. The very first thing I do is checking if the equipped object is part of the armor formtype, where a mace obviously doesn't fit at all ?

Did you try to enable the debug messages, so can you really confirm that the mace triggered the mimics?

18 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Hmm just tested with DD SE 5.0 and Devious Mimic 1.2 in a new game. Using 100% chance for equipping and I still get a device when changing between SMP and CBPC using the hotkeys. Not sure why, that item has the proper keyword you mention.

ScreenShot23.png.0e41e140ec15740595a8e7ff82e6a500.png

Ok, then I have to look again, but that's weird. I did double check it myself, those equippables do carry the keyword, so they should get filtered out. I mean, it's one filter function and for DD stuff it already works.

3 hours ago, Mister X said:

That one is totally weird. The very first thing I do is checking if the equipped object is part of the armor formtype, where a mace obviously doesn't fit at all ?

Did you try to enable the debug messages, so can you really confirm that the mace triggered the mimics?

No, sorry. I was about to do that, but then SSE crashed for me and I thought I go here before I do another try.

But knowing it should work I shall try again, and this time with debug on. ?

Edit: My bad. It's not your mod. I tried Cursed Loot and it bugs out the same, and after that nothing DD works.