Well, all I can say is a big thank you ! I'll have to try that but even if it doesn't work, that's really kind of you !

Yes I really like all the functions of DCUR but the price to pay regarding script load is too big.

Even with just DCUR installed and Frostfall, I end up waiting 30s for my game to save. I prefer a steady FPS with low script loadout in saves.

Thanks again !

Edit: I didn't worked, and rollbacking to older version doesn't work either. I guess that save is scewed up. Bad luck.

Thank you for this mod, it's great fun and hopefully another permanent addition to my own modlist.

Had a couple minor issues so far and was wondering if there was any knowledge out there that could help in resolving them:
1) Gold triggering mimics seems to stop working. The loss of control is triggered but no device is equipped or added to inventory.

2) Getting trigger events from other mods that equip hidden items (Devourment belly for example). AFAIK these don't have an item that can be easily/manually added to the NoTriggerChest.

Eagerly looking forward to any future improvements or expansions.

7 hours ago, Soulbite said:

Thank you for this mod, it's great fun and hopefully another permanent addition to my own modlist.

Had a couple minor issues so far and was wondering if there was any knowledge out there that could help in resolving them:
1) Gold triggering mimics seems to stop working. The loss of control is triggered but no device is equipped or added to inventory.

2) Getting trigger events from other mods that equip hidden items (Devourment belly for example). AFAIK these don't have an item that can be easily/manually added to the NoTriggerChest.

Eagerly looking forward to any future improvements or expansions.

For 1)

How many and what DD items did you already wear? If the trigger can't find a free slot, nothing will be equipped. As the gold items can lock on any body part, for this to happen you normally have to be fully bound.

If you were free, than it's another bug, I will have to look at.

For 2)

That's the main problem of this mod, I can't tackle: as I'm not willing to manually place cursed items in chests (for several reasons), you always will come across incompatibilities. I've already built in several checks for armor, with different mechanics. It works quite well already, as it seems, because there are hardly any complaints.

But of course I can't really catch each and every "helper item". I for myself already got a trigger by an estrus item, that gets equipped during the animations ^^

Where does this devourment belly come from? And maybe you can write that mod author, that a SexLabNoStrip keyword for this item could help to raise compatibility ^^

7 hours ago, Mister X said:

For 1)

How many and what DD items did you already wear? If the trigger can't find a free slot, nothing will be equipped. As the gold items can lock on any body part, for this to happen you normally have to be fully bound.

If you were free, than it's another bug, I will have to look at.

For 2)

That's the main problem of this mod, I can't tackle: as I'm not willing to manually place cursed items in chests (for several reasons), you always will come across incompatibilities. I've already built in several checks for armor, with different mechanics. It works quite well already, as it seems, because there are hardly any complaints.

But of course I can't really catch each and every "helper item". I for myself already got a trigger by an estrus item, that gets equipped during the animations ^^

Where does this devourment belly come from? And maybe you can write that mod author, that a SexLabNoStrip keyword for this item could help to raise compatibility ^^

In regards to point 1 It's happened when wearing none whatsoever, usually after a while playing.

It's a shame there's no easy workaround for problem 2, had it happen from at least 3 different mods so far. Annoyingly I can lookup the itemcodes for the triggering item just can't add them to player and shove them in the safety chest to get the itemcode added to the safetylist. The belly comes from Devourment Refactor and unfortunately was proccing all the time due to how often it changes/modifies, also had triggers off other mods as I said like EggFactory though that was far less problematic as it happened so rarely.

Thanks again for the response.

I've came here to ask if Papyrus log being filled with tens of thousands of this message is a problem on my end

[03/07/2021 - 12:55:15AM] Error: Cannot call GetNumForms() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[zadxQuest (0A00CA01)].zadDeviceLists.GetRandomDevice() - "zadDeviceLists.psc" Line 114
	[dmcMainQuest (7A005901)].dmcarmorthreadscript.OnInternalThreadStart() - "dmcArmorThreadScript.psc" Line 144

, but I also got another, potentially pretty dumb question, but could IsPlayable function be used to avoid problems with most "helper" items?

Not sure if intrinsic or just due to the "Use random device as fallback" but sometimes when items trigger and equip a different slot item the item that was owrn in that slot just disappears (for example shoes triggering a mimic dress causing armour worn to disappear)

16 hours ago, MstrN said:

I've came here to ask if Papyrus log being filled with tens of thousands of this message is a problem on my end

[03/07/2021 - 12:55:15AM] Error: Cannot call GetNumForms() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[zadxQuest (0A00CA01)].zadDeviceLists.GetRandomDevice() - "zadDeviceLists.psc" Line 114
	[dmcMainQuest (7A005901)].dmcarmorthreadscript.OnInternalThreadStart() - "dmcArmorThreadScript.psc" Line 144

, but I also got another, potentially pretty dumb question, but could IsPlayable function be used to avoid problems with most "helper" items?

Its not only a problem on your end only, for now I just have no idea how to fix it, but I'm already aware of this and had it on my own end, too, a few times. As I don't really know, HOW to force that behaviour, I'm not quite sure about the cause of this issue.

As for know, a temporal fix seems to be to use an older safe, where the triggers still did work properly and then it could work for longer, too.

I really don't know, why this happens, though, as technically at that specific point, only resources of the DDf are used.

As for your suggestion with IsPlayable(): I already saw this function, but as there is no deeper description I wasn't sure what's meant by that flag. Maybe those "technical helpers" need that flag, too, to be able to get equipped. If that's the case, that function is useless. I can try it, though.

3 hours ago, Soulbite said:

Not sure if intrinsic or just due to the "Use random device as fallback" but sometimes when items trigger and equip a different slot item the item that was owrn in that slot just disappears (for example shoes triggering a mimic dress causing armour worn to disappear)

It's mentioned for some items in the MCM description, if you hover over them: some item types are used for several regions. Eg the hobble dresses, as they affect both the torso and the legs, is used for both. Same goes for straitjackets, those are used for arms or torso.

What do you mean by "disappear"? The mimic itself, in your example the shoes, should be destroyed or dropped (depending on your settings). Everything else should just get unequipped but still remain in your inventory.

For your example: shoes trigger and become a hobble dress. As the hobble dress cover the armor aswell as the leg slots, both your body armor aswell as the shoes should be unequipped. The armor should remain in your inventory and just the shoes, that actually triggered, should be destroyed/dropped.

5 hours ago, Mister X said:

It's mentioned for some items in the MCM description, if you hover over them: some item types are used for several regions. Eg the hobble dresses, as they affect both the torso and the legs, is used for both. Same goes for straitjackets, those are used for arms or torso.

What do you mean by "disappear"? The mimic itself, in your example the shoes, should be destroyed or dropped (depending on your settings). Everything else should just get unequipped but still remain in your inventory.

For your example: shoes trigger and become a hobble dress. As the hobble dress cover the armor aswell as the leg slots, both your body armor aswell as the shoes should be unequipped. The armor should remain in your inventory and just the shoes, that actually triggered, should be destroyed/dropped.

What happened for me was the shoes were dropped as set and the worn chest armour disappeared into the ether, not my inventory unfortunately. Was during a new playthrough and the first trigger of Mimic

5 hours ago, Mister X said:

As for your suggestion with IsPlayable(): I already saw this function, but as there is no deeper description I wasn't sure what's meant by that flag. Maybe those "technical helpers" need that flag, too, to be able to get equipped. If that's the case, that function is useless. I can try it, though.

Non-playable items can be equipped. Via console, or scripts. For example, F1ABE is non-playable armor and 461DA is a non-playable weapon, and thay can be equipped with console.
And while not every mod uses this to mark their technical items, enough of them do, so I'd say it's a safe bet that doing so is at worst does nothing and at best prevents a lot of potential issues. PSQ transformation "armor", for example, triggers mimics, and it's marked as unplayable.

About my Papyrus log.

A code in DD zadDeviceLists script has a "GetRandomDevice" function that has a "while" command that will loop endlessly if it stumbles upon empty leveled list, throwing an error message into papyrus log on every cycle and keeping the thread from progressing.

I had a few of those empty lists because I really don't want to see any HR stuff, and there was two ways to get rid of them, edit every script and mod that spawns them, or select and delete all of HR items from installed .esp and ignore certain mods failing to throw this crap on my PC - and I choose the second option, but haven't noticed that several lists had nothing but errors. It was the first time that backfired in years, but cleaning leveled lists took about five minutes.

Also, fallrim is a damn good tool. It has shown me exactly what function thread was going through, what it was doing, and values of it's variables, when I saved.

11 hours ago, Soulbite said:

What happened for me was the shoes were dropped as set and the worn chest armour disappeared into the ether, not my inventory unfortunately. Was during a new playthrough and the first trigger of Mimic

OK, that definitely should not happen. I use the SexLab.StripSlot() function to strip the actor, but that function doesn't remove anything from the inventory.

In my own function, I only let drop/remove the one armor, that actually was used for the trigger, but only that one. So if you activated "Drop item" it's totally ok, that you see the shoes fall to the ground, but the armor just should be unequipped and still remain in your inventory.

8 hours ago, MstrN said:

[1)]

Non-playable items can be equipped. Via console, or scripts. For example, F1ABE is non-playable armor and 461DA is a non-playable weapon, and thay can be equipped with console.
And while not every mod uses this to mark their technical items, enough of them do, so I'd say it's a safe bet that doing so is at worst does nothing and at best prevents a lot of potential issues. PSQ transformation "armor", for example, triggers mimics, and it's marked as unplayable.

[2)]
About my Papyrus log.

A code in DD zadDeviceLists script has a "GetRandomDevice" function that has a "while" command that will loop endlessly if it stumbles upon empty leveled list, throwing an error message into papyrus log on every cycle and keeping the thread from progressing.

I had a few of those empty lists because I really don't want to see any HR stuff, and there was two ways to get rid of them, edit every script and mod that spawns them, or select and delete all of HR items from installed .esp and ignore certain mods failing to throw this crap on my PC - and I choose the second option, but haven't noticed that several lists had nothing but errors. It was the first time that backfired in years, but cleaning leveled lists took about five minutes.

Also, fallrim is a damn good tool. It has shown me exactly what function thread was going through, what it was doing, and values of it's variables, when I saved.

To 1)

OK, then I'll definitely add that check to the armor thread.

To 2)

TL;DR - The loop happens, when it tries to iterate a LeveledList of the DDf itself...

Yeah, I'm aware of that. The thing is: I have one LeveledList in my mod, the DevicePool. It's empty on the start and then gets filled with the LeveledLists the DDf provides, based on the body region. This filled DevicePool list then is sent to the GetRandomDevice() function of the DDf, that you've mentioned.

Now, here's the catch: that function recognizes for one, that my DevicePool is filled, else it would return none and just quit. Two, the DevicePool is only filled with the lists that are provided directly by the DDf itself, so I assume them safe. But sometimes, and only sometimes, that list that gets taken out of the pool, which is a ddList, seems to be broken or something. So, my code works fine, otherwise it wouldn't even reach the loop. And within the loop it just works with its own internal resources and my pool already was left behind.

Basically, that's why I am totally clueless about how to solve that.

13 hours ago, Soulbite said:

Update: I just could reproduce that. The footwraps equipped a hobble dress and the clothes vanished.

The thing is: it's not my mod. It seems to be a problem with the SwapDevice() function of the framework. It falsely takes the armor as blocking device and removes it before equipping the hobble dress. Normally, that only should happen with already worn devious devices, no idea why this happens for the armor, too. I will inform Kimy about that.

Edit: I just skimmed over DDf, and this in fact was an issue with v5.0. It already was fixed in the update v5.1, you can get the SE update files at this post. That should fix the issue, just merge the delta update with your current installation of the DDf

2 hours ago, Mister X said:

Yeah, I'm aware of that. The thing is: I have one LeveledList in my mod, the DevicePool. It's empty on the start and then gets filled with the LeveledLists the DDf provides, based on the body region. This filled DevicePool list then is sent to the GetRandomDevice() function of the DDf, that you've mentioned.

Now, here's the catch: that function recognizes for one, that my DevicePool is filled, else it would return none and just quit. Two, the DevicePool is only filled with the lists that are provided directly by the DDf itself, so I assume them safe. But sometimes, and only sometimes, that list that gets taken out of the pool, which is a ddList, seems to be broken or something. So, my code works fine, otherwise it wouldn't even reach the loop. And within the loop it just works with its own internal resources and my pool already was left behind.

Yeah, I saw that in your ArmorThread script. I thought I was pretty clear that it was mostly my fault for making broken lists and DD for making a loop without a failsafe, and was mostly sharing it because you have said that you don't know how to force it, even if my case is very specific to me.

Can I take a look at your copies of DDa, DDi and DDe .esm files and a save file where this problem happened?

23 minutes ago, MstrN said:

Can I take a look at your copies of DDa, DDi and DDe .esm files and a save file where this problem happened?

Sadly no, as I've lately updated to v5.1 from 5.0 aswell as I normally don't keep those test saves for long. I can try to think of it, when it happens again, but as for now I don't have these resources.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Zinmar said:

I've been looking for some screenshots of what it does but I can't find any. Could someone do that?

Well, it's kind of hard to tell with screenshots ^^

When you equip a piece of clothing, armor or jewelry, there's a chance that this piece is a mimic. In that case, the piece vanishes and a devious device gets locked on the character who equipped the piece (the base mod only uses the PC).

It's only a short event and no longer story or anything, but I can try to get a screenshot of it ;) 

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

Have you considered adding other "devices" such as parasite armor? Great mod!

Not really, I don't want to add too much dependencies and I'm not sure how to create patches for something. Maybe later.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 9:51 PM, Seeker999 said:

Can I use Sexlab Aroused 28b Modified Version by Bakafactory SE Version instead of Sexlab Aroused Redux SSE Version 2.9?

Every Aroused variant should work, as long as it still updates the "arousal faction rank"

I'm throwing out suggestions.

Would you consider adding a layer to creating devices?

Layer 1: Lets say you equip a bra. Ok the system didn't find a suitable bra device, next layer then.

Layer 2: The system looks for a "top" devious item from random slots that fit top criteria. Ok the system didn't find a suitable top device, next layer then.

Layer 3: The system uses random device fallback.

Basicly i propose a second layer between where it checks for "head/top/bottom". So even if the item slot isn't accurate, it'll find an item that still relates to the area of the body. It's just an immersion thingy. Like i kind of expect for the mimic device to be at least somewhat related to the thing i equipped, so you can do some risk management.

A second idea, if you want even more context related devices, then perhaps base from which faction the item stems from.

For example:

Thalmor item = Increased chance of golden device (you normally put wear multiple items from one faction, so their golden set looks nice with golden devices)

Bandit/Forsworn = Increased chance of leather device (they use hide and live off animals = they are good at leather crafting)

Iron/Steel = Increased chance of metal device (grey devices + grey items color scheme)

Clothing = Increased chance of ebony device

I'm not 100% sure how it would play out, but more context related the better in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/21/2021 at 4:52 PM, PegadaSans said:

I'm throwing out suggestions.

Would you consider adding a layer to creating devices?

Layer 1: Lets say you equip a bra. Ok the system didn't find a suitable bra device, next layer then.

Layer 2: The system looks for a "top" devious item from random slots that fit top criteria. Ok the system didn't find a suitable top device, next layer then.

Layer 3: The system uses random device fallback.

Basicly i propose a second layer between where it checks for "head/top/bottom". So even if the item slot isn't accurate, it'll find an item that still relates to the area of the body. It's just an immersion thingy. Like i kind of expect for the mimic device to be at least somewhat related to the thing i equipped, so you can do some risk management.

A second idea, if you want even more context related devices, then perhaps base from which faction the item stems from.

For example:

Thalmor item = Increased chance of golden device (you normally put wear multiple items from one faction, so their golden set looks nice with golden devices)

Bandit/Forsworn = Increased chance of leather device (they use hide and live off animals = they are good at leather crafting)

Iron/Steel = Increased chance of metal device (grey devices + grey items color scheme)

Clothing = Increased chance of ebony device

I'm not 100% sure how it would play out, but more context related the better in my opinion.

Sorry for answering that late:

I noted the idea, but as the description states, I'm close to some exams and I currently write my Bachelor thesis, so I don't have much time.

I took some this afternoon to fix a real bug as well as adding some small features that didn't take too much time, but those complex things I can't tackle now.

But I wrote it on the suggestion list ;) 

So this is my first try in SE version and I got hit with DCL damsel in distress quest. I had waiting for about 5 minute for the script to work but still no control of the pc. At some point I notice Mimic transform animation running and my item got drop out then disappear. So I assume that when the Damsel quest trigger it unequip all my gear and trigger Mimic at the same time, which cause script conflict, thus making me wait forever. Sad that it is my first SE run so I am not active papyrus yet.

Edit: Waiting 5 more minute and the armbinder got swapped into elbowbinder. I got mimic message that when uneuiping my gautlet, it is turned into elbowbinder. The armbinder from DCUR damsel quest is disappear though, thus making the quest stuck here.

Edited by hungvipbcsok