The positive thought thread.

So all these years, I've had this little tingly feeling in my brain, triggered by random things. I can remember it even getting triggered when I was in kindergarten or 1st grade or something, by listening to a classmate read. Instruction videos, people whispering, these things could just make my brain tingle. 

I recently found out this thing has a freaking name. And that there are videos on youtube geared toward giving that sensation. (search for "ASMR") So incredibly relaxing.

For example:

=======================

A second positive thought. It's so nice, even for a "smaller" medical issue, to finally go to a clinic, talk to someone, and get a prescription for something. Just gives me some peace of mind, feeling like "hey, I guess this isn't something that is going to kill me in my sleep after all."

Having huge modding momentum these week. Everything is going according to plan.

And There is still a good stock of Venison Beef on the fridge for tomorrow feast. :lol:  Gonna cook it medium rare with teriyaki sauteing.

Orcs sautee?

JK . . . i know, we've already been thru this. (=

I am re-watching all of Star Trek: TNG with a friend who is watching it for the first time. It's freaking awesome to revisit, even if it has some growing pains at the start. 

And also, I know there are plenty of lines I could take and plop here, but I'll just post one that's kinda nice, from one of the most recent episodes we've watched.

WESLEY: I miss her. I feel empty.
GUINAN: I know that sensation. But there’ll come a time when all you remember is the love.
WESLEY: I’m never going to feel this way about anyone else.
GUINAN: You’re right.
WESLEY: I didn’t expect you to say that.
GUINAN: There’ll be others, but every time you feel love it’ll be different. Every time, it’s different.
WESLEY: Knowing that doesn’t make it any easier.
GUINAN: It’s not supposed to.

At least I see it as positive, hah. It's oddly both realistic and romantic, which I think is very warming. 

Oh, and if you are re-watching the first two seasons, or hell, even if you aren't. I highly recommend reading over The Picardigan blog, with it's review/commentary of the episodes. Some of them can really be quite funny, and/or point out interesting facts about the episode. It's a shame it hasn't been active in so long.

TNG had a great evolution. One of the best things they did was kept all the same writers the entire time. yes others came and went but there were 2 or 3 that were consistent the whole time.

And right about season 3-4 they started to get into a groove. Wesley became a side character, the replacement doctor was gone (she wasn't the problem that wesley was). . . the stories were REALLY COMPELLING, and it was just really really good. 

The only thing I wished they did differently, and it's really a wish not a detraction, was a bit more serial in nature. ocassionally they'd refer to something from previous seasons, but I always wondered what it would have been like if they did more than reference . . . recurring mid and low level characters, ribbing each other about things "we're not going back to Rigel 9, right Geordi?" "SSIIGGHH." Not SOAPY... like Battlestar 2006 or DS9 or B5... just personal interactions that would thicken the universe.

I know everyone remembers Inner Light where picard gets latched on to by the probe that had the flute in it (my personal favorite episode that won emmy's for writing and makeup). The next season, he hooked up with a woman who was playing a piano. He pulled out the flute and I Lost It (much to the wifes chagrin). He played the melody, she compleemented him and said "That's beautiful. What is it." picard smiles "just a little something from a lifetime ago."  <<< YEAH. STAR TREK. DO MORE OF THAT.

i'm curious what your friend's reaction to that episode will be. It's a really strong episode.

Now My Favorite Quote... it's one that most people eschew in favor of the Merry Man quote. Worf had all the good one-liners.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Violations_(episode)

"Klingons do not allow themselves to be . . . probed."

-Worf

Emily almost completed monstergirl mod. Just only the dragon girl remain then it is complete.

The rest of emily modding agenda will be done on the other forum, put the homunculus spell to shivering isle and million of bug fix then combine both mod database together on dibella watch where emily can retire in sandybeach retreat where everything is beautiful perfect and according to the plan in last three years to create an utopia of summer paradise of her own.

I normally don't like Plato/Socrates but... wow...

"When someone has been pregnant with these in his soul from early youth, while he is still a virgin, and, having arrived at the proper age, desires to beget and give birth, he too will certainly go about seeking the beauty in which he would beget; for he will never beget in anything ugly. Since he is pregnant, then, he is much more drawn to bodies that are beautiful than to those that are ugly; and if he also has the luck to find a soul that is beautiful and noble and well-formed, he is even more drawn to this combination; such a man makes him instantly teem with ideas and arguments about virtue - the qualities a virtuous man should have and the customary activities in which he should engage; and so he tries to educate him. In my view, you see, when he makes contact with someone beautiful and keeps company with him, he conceives and gives birth to what he has been carrying inside him for ages. And whether they are together or apart, he remembers that beauty. And in common with him he nurtures the newborn; such people, therefor, have much more to share than do the parents of human children, and have a firmer bond of friendship, because the children in whom they have a share are more beautiful and more immortal."

- Diotima, from Plato's Symposium.

I suppose it's not exactly something that speaks to everyone... but when I read it... wow.

===================

Edit: This is not related to the above but it's just so adorable and cute and awesome. 

tumblrlv1bnhqm7z1qaplqn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Leonardo W
I think in doing much the same time,  but time does not follow my demand of wanting more time,  but at least my English is improving a lot thanks to LL.

I managed to pass my test in basic English, I will now begin the module Advanced English   :lol: 

Another great Star Trek: TNG quote. One that sadly, hits far too close to home.

"I think, when one has been angry for a very long time, one gets used to it. And it becomes comfortable like... like old leather. And finally... it becomes so familiar that one can't remember feeling any other way."
- Jean-Luc Picard