The positive thought thread.

Guest Plastrader

Enough is enough! I've had it with these motherfucking spammers on this motherfucking thread!

Sorry, that is only apparent if you were aware that two different spambots chose this thread to spam in. Both deleted, of course. Damn spam junkies.

I saw them ><

Anyway, anybody wanna give me a positive thought? I could use one right about now. Or two even, don't be shy!

Just one, maybe not a thought, but it tends to cheer me up.

Some things in life are bad

They can really make you mad

Other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle

Don't grumble, give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the light side of life...

"There's something so equalizing about pooping. No matter who you are, no matter how elevated you've become in society, you still have to pop a squat and shit. Whenever I find myself feeling low or questioning my worth in comparison to people more successful or better looking, I just think of Brad Pitt on the toilet. Perks me right up."

-My Boyfriend.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”

― John Lennon

Always makes me happy. :)

Emily knows that negative thoughts came from our weakness.

When we being low, envious, sad, hopeless, sicks, bored, lost, bitter and tired while being arrogant at the same time.

To be happy and to stay happy is a hard work. We only know and care that we're hurt while careless for others who try to be happy.

Emily tries to be happy & stronger at this hard time. Maybe one day she'll know the peace that she once knew.

For if anyone ever tells you that your writing sucks on the basis of grammatical errors. 

“I’ll leave you to tidy up the woulds and shoulds, wills and shalls, thats and whiches, etc.” - Oscar Wilde, once included with a manuscript he was delivering to his publishers a compliment slip in which he had scribbled the injunction.

And yes, got it from this, which is also positive thought worthy I think.

Emily just done her weekly exercise~~!

Feed her sick pet with his favorite food and he is healthy again~!

Emily will have another tuna sashimi today~! fillet the fish and carve it with her favorite knives~!

Just got Otherworld series copy~! Fiona is adorable~! can't wait for her winter episode.

Scarlet blade ECBT is up~! Emily can play her favorite MMO~!

For if anyone ever tells you that your writing sucks on the basis of grammatical errors. 

“I’ll leave you to tidy up the woulds and shoulds, wills and shalls, thats and whiches, etc.” - Oscar Wilde, once included with a manuscript he was delivering to his publishers a compliment slip in which he had scribbled the injunction.

And yes, got it from this, which is also positive thought worthy I think.

Oh god, this. So much this. I love the English language, I teach its formal use, but I strongly caution my students against becoming grammar Nazis. Communication is what's important above all else. It doesn't matter that I myself use too many commas (or sometimes not enough). If you get what I'm saying, fuck the rest.

That said, I still have to quell the gargantuan urge to strangle people who use "ur" instead of "your". Seriously, fuck those people.

• 3 months later...

Because what better thread exists to be revived?

Finally took the plunge (Almost literally, considering how long I was in the shower) and shaved. Everything. Everything. (Okay, not everything.) But legs, arms, chest, stomach, and other assorted areas. And down there. The results? ... wow. Seriously people. Don't knock it until you try it. Sure, it might not be for everyone out there... but for this guy at least, it feels amazing. I'm all smooth and sexy now!

Because what better thread exists to be revived?

Finally took the plunge (Almost literally, considering how long I was in the shower) and shaved. Everything. Everything. (Okay, not everything.) But legs, arms, chest, stomach, and other assorted areas. And down there. The results? ... wow. Seriously people. Don't knock it until you try it. Sure, it might not be for everyone out there... but for this guy at least, it feels amazing. I'm all smooth and sexy now!

I would try it, if I were something more than just a pile of bones :P!

Not sure if this lead to any postivity.

Emily been bullying Other playes on scarlet blade. Being an assasin and pawn every player encountered on the pvp batle map with fully +8 equipment.

Sure, it build up confidence. But Emily victims might not feel the same.

I scored 522 pts in Words with Friends vs the wiff (she had 279 at the end). Very very early in the game I had a 108 pt play (Q on triple letter, word on triple word. . . Q alone was 90 pts) followed immediately by a s 79 pt play.

She was none too happy at first, but after all that I managed to keep ripping off 35 and 40 pt plays and it just became laffable. 

She finally resigned... drunk and ready for bed lol

That, and I had a tasty fucking Subway... altho i'm not gonna get it raw again. Toasted all the way.

If emily ever played the skyrims, then emily know Ghorza, the outdoor blacksmith in Markarth. The way emily talk (read: type) on this board, me am know that emily voice make that sound. 

Me am know that emily skin the color of a healthy hot pepper, not pale like sickly snow pea.

Me am like M-Li. 

</orc voice>

I manage to hijack a beautiful character thanks to modding skills, google-fu in gathering resources and problem solving abilities.

Always one of my favorite characters and now I can play her too  :D

That would be Ophelia to the right

2125204-1371871255.jpg

I finished my animation project and thats only in modding part of life, good things starting to happen...

• 1 month later...

I was sharing some quotes with a friend of mine, on chat. (Some parts paraphrased-ish, to cut out unnecessary parts of the conversation.

Me: “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” 

― Albert Einstein 
Friend: ;) You should remember that.
Me: I guess it's possible that the fish could end up judging itself for not being able to climb a tree... 
Friend: yup ;)

It's amazing what those close to you can make you realize about yourself.

Also, I am slowly learning, and trying, to be a happier, less angry person. 

==================

Edit, because I don't like to double post:

A video that I find is a very beautiful, wonderful thought, about how amazing this world and this life is for all of us.

====================

Edit again, three posts in one, hah. Hell, it feels good to be making posts in the positive thought thread as opposed to the rant thread. Was watching the co-optional podcast, and heard this quote from someone else. Just a nice thought, about not focusing on the negative feedback you might get in life. Someone spewing vile and hatred at you.

"99% of the Internet has been nothing but nice to me, even when it’s a backhanded compliment. It’s easy to focus on that 1%. That 1% is vile, hateful, spiteful, jealous, mean, and would likely be as venomous in a public place as they are with a badge of anonymity. Many are probably teenagers who will grow up and learn to regret their ignorant actions, but some of them aren’t, and those are the people who scare me the most. But I can’t spend my day worrying about the 1%. I wake up every day trying to make the other 99% happy." -  Patrick Klepek

===================

A fourth Edit. Why not. And I know, I know... I'm a horrible bastard for having something like this be in the positive thought thread... but I'm also a lonely bastard. :P

The college I'm transferring to used to be a women's only college. They've been admitting men for many years now of course, but the ratio is still very... uneven. 84% to 16% uneven. Or 79% to 21%, depending on the source.