[mod] [CK3] Submissive Partners

7 minutes ago, Seen12345 said:

It looks and sounds great but I looks like it is not compatible with version 1.0.3. 

The game gives a warning about this because the .mod files say it's for 1.02, but the changelog for 1.03 only mentions changing bugs with succession, so it should be safe to ignore.

10 hours ago, Caffey said:

It is admittedly just a blunt instrument right now and very OP to get instantly. The current version of it is basically just to test things out. The next thing I'm going to work on is making it more of a process.

Schemes are definitely one of the ways I'm considering to have training progress. There are a bunch of different ways to have ongoing effects, actually. The one I'm really hoping to get working is having an additional councilor slot, like the spouse one, that you can set tasks for.

I think a councilor might have a slight issue, as the spouse already has a council spot, technically. But maybe one of the "assist ruler" options in the drop down menu? Like instead of flat stat bonuses, maybe have a "Training" option for lovers(and spouse) in court? 

For version 0.2 of the mod, looking at the error log:

* The common and event files for CK3 should be UTF8-BOM, not just UTF8 (as opposed to Imperator Rome). They work, but still show up as warnings.

* Some mild syntax errors in common/character_interactions/sub_character_interactions.txt: "Illegal use of operator = at  file: common/character_interactions/sub_character_interactions.txt line: 26" and again at line 186. You probably just need to invert those, so instead of ...

NOT = {
      scope:recipient = is_adult
    }

... you do ...

scope:recipient = { is_adult = no }

* "Trait indices are too spread out, avoid spreading them out since lookup will be slower." can, as far as I know, be ignored. I hope we can use namespaces with those indices, else mod interop will be a pain.

* "Trait group subservient is missing trait at level 1/2/3" - I assume you plan to add subservient_1 through subservient_3 someday?

* "Missing trait group localization trait_subservient" ... and the localisation parts for that too while you're at it (the subservient_4 ones seem to work already).

On 9/2/2020 at 1:05 PM, Caffey said:

Since a bunch of people are having installation issues, I'll do my best to give some steps to try to troubleshoot problems. After each step, relaunch CK3 and check in the launcher if the mod appears. If not, go to "manage mods", then "add more mods" in the lower right and see if it shows up there.

- Check that you have put both the mod folder (the folder that DOESN'T end in a version number like 0.1) and the .mod file DIRECTLY into the CK3 mod folder (Crusader Kings III/mod). Do not put the outer folder straight in.

- Overwrite your own mod with this mod's contents: Go to the mod tools in the CK3 launcher. Create a mod, name it anything. This will make a folder and .mod file in the CK3 directory that are ensured to have the right path(s) set. Put the files from this mod into the newly created folder- your new mod is now this mod. People have reported that this method works.

- Open 'Submissive Partners.mod' with Notepad++ or a similar editor. Where you see 'path="mod/Submissive Partners" try inputting the full path to the folder's location, i.e. for Windows, "C:/Users/your_username/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/mod/Submissive Partners". CK3 is supposed to set the path this way on launch, but it may not be working for everyone.

Note that this is still a work in progress- look through the Release Notes section to see what's been added so far!

Regarding the statement that the game version is not supported. I had the same in some of the other mods. I just updated the game version this in the respective mod and descriptor files and it appears to work.

Of course this is not a sustainable solution but since these first mods are relatively simple they are probably compatible with the 1.0.3 bug fix.

19 minutes ago, joemann said:

Regarding the statement that the game version is not supported. I had the same in some of the other mods. I just updated the game version this in the respective mod and descriptor files and it appears to work.

Of course this is not a sustainable solution but since these first mods are relatively simple they are probably compatible with the 1.0.3 bug fix.

In these early launch days, there are going to be several minor bugfixes by the Paradox devs rolling out, which means there will be new versions. It's very likely that the mods will work just fine. It's mostly a matter of updating the descriptor file as you mentioned. 

Basically when new versions of the game are released (bugfixes, updates, etc) the descriptor needs updating and the code should be checked for new conflicts. 

edit: I'm agreeing with you, essentially.

On 9/4/2020 at 2:52 AM, Khadir said:

For version 0.2 of the mod, looking at the error log:

* The common and event files for CK3 should be UTF8-BOM, not just UTF8 (as opposed to Imperator Rome). They work, but still show up as warnings.

* Some mild syntax errors in common/character_interactions/sub_character_interactions.txt: "Illegal use of operator = at  file: common/character_interactions/sub_character_interactions.txt line: 26" and again at line 186. You probably just need to invert those, so instead of ...

NOT = {
      scope:recipient = is_adult
    }

... you do ...

scope:recipient = { is_adult = no }

* "Trait indices are too spread out, avoid spreading them out since lookup will be slower." can, as far as I know, be ignored. I hope we can use namespaces with those indices, else mod interop will be a pain.

* "Trait group subservient is missing trait at level 1/2/3" - I assume you plan to add subservient_1 through subservient_3 someday?

* "Missing trait group localization trait_subservient" ... and the localisation parts for that too while you're at it (the subservient_4 ones seem to work already).

Thank you for pointing this out! I'll change it and update it soon, that "Illegal use of operator =" error is definitely wrong. The encoding was never an issue for me, but seeing as no other mods give the same error, it's probably something I want to fix.

Other errors are all intentional for one reason or another. For now, there's no getting around big gaps in trait indices if you want a reasonable chance of not bumping up against other modders' traits. Subservient 1/2/3 will be added later, as will a proper name for their whole group.

On 9/4/2020 at 1:04 PM, misima said:

I do all you say, but still not working. DVToska is ok, but not your mode

Thanks for letting me know- I appreciate getting some feedback even if it didn't work for you. Check back soon, I'll be releasing a small update aimed at fixing issues.

Could we get this working with NPCs that are not our wives/lovers? Just the breast part I mean. It might be a bit of work but being a able to choose a breast size would be better than biggest or smallest breasts, I have no idea how many sizes are in the game but I saw posts mention up to size 4 so I assume 4...?

I would recommend changing the folder structure included in the downloadable file: Submissive Partners 0.2.zip

The current directory structure contained in the zip file is:

• Submissive Partners 0.2\Submissive Partners
  • Submissive Partners 0.2\Submissive Partners.mod

When it should be:

• Submissive Partners
  • Submissive Partners.mod

Then when someone puts the mod into their mod folder and performs an "Extract Here" operation, it will place the .mod file and the mod folder in the correct location.

Otherwise mod seems to be working fine on the latest version of CK3 (1.0.3)

New version fixes some of the bugs that have been brought up. Thank you for the feedback. I'm now thinking it's reasonably likely that the encoding issue @Khadir pointed out is what is causing this to flat out not work for some people- personally I've only seen encoding cause issues with the localization .yml files, but I guess UTF8-BOM is the encoding that CK3 expects for everything.

Will upload another update that changes this shortly.

EDIT: Updated to version with fixed encoding. To anyone who was having issues getting the mod to work before, it's worth re-downloading and seeing if your issue is fixed.

6 hours ago, Caffey said:

New version fixes some of the bugs that have been brought up. Thank you for the feedback. I'm now thinking it's reasonably likely that the encoding issue @Khadir pointed out is what is causing this to flat out not work for some people- personally I've only seen encoding cause issues with the localization .yml files, but I guess UTF8-BOM is the encoding that CK3 expects for everything.

Will upload another update that changes this shortly.

EDIT: Updated to version with fixed encoding. To anyone who was having issues getting the mod to work before, it's worth re-downloading and seeing if your issue is fixed.

Yes,the mod is finally working for me. You fixed it. Thanks.

The sooner you get the fertility management portion of this mod working, the more I will love you for it. With the restrictive inheritance rules now, my wives keep breeding me out of house and home. It is an honest race at the start of every character to see if I can get the abstinence decision before my wife pops out to many sons and ruins me on dividing my kingdom upon my death.

Even then, I think you mod will be better as the abstinence perk stops you from seducing which limits the fun!

21 hours ago, misima said:

Thank you it looks like games sees it finally. But how does it work in game? I dont see this choices.

AT start I see empty menu and no OPTIONS in dialogue with wifes. What am I doing wrong?

Not sure what you mean by seeing an empty menu- can you explain that in a little more detail? The mod's options should always be available when right-clicking your spouse. Any chance it is due to a conflict with another mod you have?

16 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

The sooner you get the fertility management portion of this mod working, the more I will love you for it. With the restrictive inheritance rules now, my wives keep breeding me out of house and home. It is an honest race at the start of every character to see if I can get the abstinence decision before my wife pops out to many sons and ruins me on dividing my kingdom upon my death.

Even then, I think you mod will be better as the abstinence perk stops you from seducing which limits the fun!

Updated! Fertility management via chastity/orgasm rules has been added.

It'll probably be a while until there's another update, bugfixes excluded. Most of the low-hanging fruit features I care to add have been added. Next things I want to work on are the features around ongoing training, which are a fair bit more difficult and require more writing than what's been done so far.

7 hours ago, Caffey said:

Updated! Fertility management via chastity/orgasm rules has been added.

It'll probably be a while until there's another update, bugfixes excluded. Most of the low-hanging fruit features I care to add have been added. Next things I want to work on are the features around ongoing training, which are a fair bit more difficult and require more writing than what's been done so far.

You are awesome, and have saved my kingdom. Now if you will excuse me I need to go fit the queen of Novgorod for a new belt...

Mod incompatibility: Pantheon of the Gods

Link (Steam): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2218562682

Link (CK3 Mod Forum): https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/mod-pantheon-of-the-gods-alternate-history-and-gods-mod.1418945/

Issue: Two primary traits (and a couple of others) added by Pantheon of the Gods will not be assigned to the character when that mod, and this mod are both active and all other conditions are met.

Two traits affected:

• God
  • Fallen-God

These two traits from Pantheon of the Gods are assigned via an event / choice window.

Diagnosis: The problem occurs due to the trait ID overlap.

Suggested solution: Utilize a (relatively) unique ID prefix. For example, you could use a portion of your forum ID here (4645901) as a prefix for all the ID's you need in your mods. This would dramatically decrease the potential of overlap between mods.