12 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Your freedom fund must have enough to meet the base price that you set in the MCM plus the random extra amount that you set.

You're intentionally never told the actual sale price, only how much is being offered above an unspecified minimum price.  That minimum could be 10 septims or thousands.

Fair enough and makes sense, thanks!

A bug report. Not sure whether it belongs to DFR or SS++ (I suspect DFR), so I'm reporting in both threads.

• Nether's Follower Framework
  • Devious Followers Redux 1.9
  • Simple Slavery++  6.3.2.0

On activating Simple Slavery ++ (via Naked Defeat, or via SS++ MCM option "Enslave me now!") I get the message "Removing Devious Follower" / "Ready for a new Devious Follower" as expected. However, my second follower gets turned into my new Devious Follower some time either during the slave pen intermission or by the time my PC is put into the SS++ auction outcome.

Trying to work around the issue, I dismissed the additional follower before triggering SS++. In this scenario, the Devious Follower appears to be cleared only to be immediate reassigned as a new devious follower (triggers the "I hope you don't cheat me like the others did" line and deal count and debt is set to zero).

Additionally, it seems the DFR debug option "remove devious follower" doesn't work - so that may be the culprit?

It has worked in the past for me with DF Continued an earlier iteration of SS++, but I've updated both since then.

I tried updating to "6.3.20" on a new save game but got hit by "script integrity check failed" in the MCDM. 

Then I tested it with only Sexlab Framework PPlus, Zaz animations enabled but it still failed. Any idea what can cause this?
Will remain on 
"6.3.19" for now as it works fine.

Edited by outai
40 minutes ago, outai said:

I tried updating to "6.3.20" on a new save game but got hit by "script integrity check failed

The error occurs when (possibly unknowingly) a player overwrites one of this mod's scripts, which will break Simple Slavery.  Please see here (and the following discussion) on the previous page for a better description.

Edited by HexBolt8
10 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

The error occurs when (possibly unknowingly) a player overwrites one of this mod's scripts, which will break Simple Slavery.  Please see here (and the following discussion) on the previous page for a better description.

So I'm having this issue and checked any overrides/patches even disabled them and only had .20 enabled and still got that message even on a new game. When I swap back to .19 it doesn't give me the message. Put SS++ at the bottom to make sure nothing overwrote it either. Improved camera patch that I have doesnt have any SSLV plugins.

5 hours ago, Raine_Hyd said:

I'm having this issue and checked any overrides/patches even disabled them and only had .20 enabled and still got that message even on a new game. When I swap back to .19 it doesn't give me the message.

That's a good indication that the problem is the Improved Camera patch.  It only works for SS++ version 6.3.19.

Improved camera patch that I have doesnt have any SSLV plugins.

The problem isn't a plugin.  The problem is a script override.  The Improved Camera Patch Collection on Nexus overrides a Simple Slavery script.  Don't rely on the limited view that a mod manager might give you.  Open the download and look to see for yourself what's inside (that's actually a useful thing to do when installing any mod, to see what you're really adding to your game).  Simple Slavery script names start with SSLV_.

Put SS++ at the bottom to make sure nothing overwrote it either.

As noted in previous discussions, that won't help (at least not on the SE version of Simple Slavery, though it should work for the LE version).  For the SE version, all scripts are packed into the BSA.  The patch collection installs loose files.  Loose files override the contents of BSAs.

Edited by HexBolt8
3 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

That's a good indication that the problem is the Improved Camera patch.  It only works for SS++ version 6.3.19.

The problem isn't a plugin.  The problem is a script override.  The Improved Camera Patch Collection on Nexus overrides a Simple Slavery script.  Don't rely on the limited view that a mod manager might give you.  Open the download and look to see for yourself what's inside (that's actually a useful thing to do when installing any mod, to see what you're really adding to your game).  Simple Slavery script names start with SSLV_.

It is the improved camera patch, someone commented on the mod page that it's broken as well. So it was me overlooking the sslv in the patch folder.
.20 is working now, thanks for the help.

I opened the actual explorer/folder location and checked the patches didn't see that in there. Maybe I overlooked it.
This is what I see even when I open in explorer (the folder) I screenshot this because it was easier to see than having to do 2 screenshots.

Actually I see SSLV now. Didn't see it when I first checked so I did overlook it. I'll disable the patch and see if it fixes it.

The BSA thing I didn't know about I just know they are packaged but didn't know the overwrite thing.

image.png.b08b4645f9fd3c0e20e5e22dc871e0d8.png

Edited by Raine_Hyd
On 11/21/2023 at 11:13 AM, HexBolt8 said:

As noted in previous discussions, that won't help (at least not on the SE version of Simple Slavery, though it should work for the LE version).  For the SE version, all scripts are packed into the BSA.  The patch collection installs loose files.  Loose files override the contents of BSAs.

Thank you!!! I was pulling my hair trying to find which mod was breaking Simple Slavery.

for anyone with the Integrity Check Failure. It can and will be caused by 100% from the Improved Camera Patch if you have installed it. After Unpacking the Simple Slavery Scripts there were a Conflict between the Two Mods. Ive let the Simple Slavery overwrite the Conflict and tada Error gone. I wonder if someone could write a patch (i doubt there will someone)

Edited by Earon
2 hours ago, Frankenssteinn said:

is there any preview or walkthrough of this mod please? i wanna use this mod but afraid it will break my game.

Uhmm, this mod is so short and simple,

It adds a new room to the courtyard of Mistveil Keep in Riften. You can enter as a normal citizen and ask the auction master for a pretend auction, or some other mod sends you here after you've been defeated - in that case you'll end up in a cage inside said room.

Talk to the auction master, get chained on the platform, 'listen' (no audio) to the bidding, get sold to one of the slavery mods that you have installed and ticked in the MCM.

That's it. Takes maybe three minutes from being a free person to becoming a slave.

Trying out this mod for the first time. Along with Public Whore and Submissive Lola.

So, I did the auction, got sold. But, what do I do next..?  I've been all around the market room and talked to everyone. None of them have any extra dialogue or any indication that they're the person who bought me. Am I missing something?  I don't know how to progress from here. 

Very grateful for any assistance/suggestions.

25 minutes ago, Not a prisoner said:

I did the auction, got sold. But, what do I do next..?

The enslavement mod(s) that you enabled should have taken over immediately after the auction.  Which did you have installed and selected in the MCM?  Are you using the latest version of Simple Slavery?

You're probably not still in the game, but whenever you do the auction, a message with the name of the selected outcome is written to the console.  This can help identify which outcome mod isn't working properly if you have more than one enabled.

Edited by HexBolt8
6 hours ago, Not a prisoner said:

Trying out this mod for the first time. Along with Public Whore and Submissive Lola.

So, I did the auction, got sold. But, what do I do next..?

HexBolt already answered this. But...

For Submissive Lola, you have to go into that mod's MCM and select some buyers. It's a bit of a hassle the first time, but that list stays valid over to a new game, and has an option to validate in case you've disabled some follower mod since your last time. So you could make a hard save before you want to get sold, open the Console and coc or player.moveto to the potential buyers, add them to the list of buyers, and resume from your save.

If you have no-one preselected, you'll get a message. I think "A Strong Hand" is already running, so walk up to the guy/gal you want to submit to. Being a good slave you have sympathy for your new owner not to make it to the auction in person. ?

7 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

The enslavement mod(s) that you enabled should have taken over immediately after the auction.  Which did you have installed and selected in the MCM?  Are you using the latest version of Simple Slavery?

You're probably not still in the game, but whenever you do the auction, a message with the name of the selected outcome is written to the console.  This can help identify which outcome mod isn't working properly if you have more than one enabled.

51 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

HexBolt already answered this. But...

For Submissive Lola, you have to go into that mod's MCM and select some buyers. It's a bit of a hassle the first time, but that list stays valid over to a new game, and has an option to validate in case you've disabled some follower mod since your last time. So you could make a hard save before you want to get sold, open the Console and coc or player.moveto to the potential buyers, add them to the list of buyers, and resume from your save.

If you have no-one preselected, you'll get a message. I think "A Strong Hand" is already running, so walk up to the guy/gal you want to submit to. Being a good slave you have sympathy for your new owner not to make it to the auction in person. ?

Thanks for the replies.

I've got the latest version of SS, and I had both PW and Lola ticked in SS's MCM. That's a very handy tip about the console message though, it will help me work out what's going on thank you.

I tried selecting a buyer in Lola's MCM but nothing seemed to happen. I've not used PW or Lola before though, either. I installed them to check out Simple Slavery., so I don't really know how it goes when they're working normally.

Cheers for the suggestions anyway. I've added a couple more slavery based mods and shall investigate further : -)

55 minutes ago, just a temp said:

im geniunly just slow but how do install... sorry just wont work for me?

Hi, you install it as you would any Skyrim mod (be sure to download the correct version for your game, LE or SE).  You also need to install the requirements:  Zaz Animation Pack from this site (version 8 will work well) and Fuz Roh D-oh (from Nexus). 

You'll have to provide more detail than "won't work".  How do you know it's not working?  There is an MCM that you should see, but otherwise Simple Slavery waits for another mod to send you to be sold at the slave auction.  To have a meaningful outcome, you should install at least one of the enslavement mods listed on the mod page and then enable at least one of those in the Simple Slavery MCM.  You can test the mod by clicking "Enslave me now!" in the MCM, but save your game first unless you're ready to become a slave.

Edited by HexBolt8
23 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Hi, you install it as you would any Skyrim mod (be sure to download the correct version for your game, LE or SE).  You also need to install the requirements:  Zaz Animation Pack from this site (version 8 will work well) and Fuz Roh D-oh (from Nexus). 

You'll have to provide more detail than "won't work".  How do you know it's not working?  There is an MCM that you should see, but otherwise Simple Slavery waits for another mod to send you to be sold at the slave auction.  To have a meaningful outcome, you should install at least one of the enslavement mods listed on the mod page and then enable at least one of those in the Simple Slavery MCM.  You can test the mod by clicking "Enslave me now!" in the MCM, but save your game first unless you're ready to become a slave.

thank you i ended up figuring it out and simply what was happening it didnt realise i had slavery mods enabled so i just had to fiddle around and got it to work