• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 4:54 AM, HexBolt8 said:

There are no legitimate script patches for Simple Slavery (there's at least one legit ESP patch, for Open Cities).  Be wary of "patches" that replace major scripts in other mods.  Be doubly wary of a third-party script patch like this one, since its author might not have any commitment to either mod being patched.  It's noteworthy that the most recent comment for that patch collection says that it breaks a different LoversLab mod, and the patch's author hasn't responded for over 2 months.  A fly-by-night third-party patch has trouble written all over it.

If you're still having difficulty, let me know and I'll see if I can spot anything else, but it's going to be a script override from somewhere.  All Simple Slavery scripts start with SSLV, so any patch script named like that is suspect.

The patch for Improved Camera is a really small one, you could easily integrate it yourself as all it does is the following:

; this line
Game.ForceThirdPerson()

; gets replaced by this
If (Game.GetCameraState() == 0)
	Game.ForceThirdPerson()
EndIf

So it simply adds a check if you're currently in First Person before forcing Third Person view. If you integrate this in your scripts anywhere it's needed (I only found two lines in the main script) then the IC patch isn't needed anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, daxter5555 said:

Doesn't Work with AE edition there is constantly a script error when opening the MCM menu about integrity. tried everything even the mod on its own still nothing works i guess its just outdated for AE unless there is a solution?

i tried uninstalling improved camera and still no luck 

1 hour ago, daxter5555 said:

Doesn't Work with AE edition there is constantly a script error when opening the MCM menu about integrity. tried everything even the mod on its own still nothing works i guess its just outdated for AE unless there is a solution?

Outdated for AE?  No, the latest version is only 6 weeks old.  Lots of people use this mod on AE.  You're getting the script error because you are overriding one of the mod's scripts, probably with a patch but possibly with a loose script file (all Simple Slavery script file names start with SSLV).  To my knowledge, any patch floating around is outdated and harmful.  The only legitimate patch is the one for Open Cites to add the entrance door (only needed for players who use that mod).  Look carefully at your installation, including override files, for anything that overwrites scripts in this mod, remove it, and you'll be good to go.

16 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Outdated for AE?  No, the latest version is only 6 weeks old.  Lots of people use this mod on AE.  You're getting the script error because you are overriding one of the mod's scripts, probably with a patch but possibly with a loose script file (all Simple Slavery script file names start with SSLV).  To my knowledge, any patch floating around is outdated and harmful.  The only legitimate patch is the one for Open Cites to add the entrance door (only needed for players who use that mod).  Look carefully at your installation, including override files, for anything that overwrites scripts in this mod, remove it, and you'll be good to go.

Yah, was having the "Script Integrity" error as well, it was the Improved Camera Patch for SS++. 

Removed it, and it solved the issue. 

17 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

And yes ofc, but for some people that may be a confusing process like to myself, i know how to check a load order and whats after what but how do you actually check what script overrides what script is it in a logger or something i cannot think of any of my scripts that would override it i have no patches for SS++ neither have i downloaded improved camera at this moment in time and its still throwing that error. 

51 minutes ago, daxter5555 said:

And yes ofc, but for some people that may be a confusing process like to myself, i know how to check a load order and whats after what but how do you actually check what script overrides what script is it in a logger or something i cannot think of any of my scripts that would override it i have no patches for SS++ neither have i downloaded improved camera at this moment in time and its still throwing that error. 

Start at the beginning, make sure you have the correct version

Simple Slavery Plus Plus 6.3.20 [SE].zip for SE/AE

Simple Slavery Plus Plus 6.3.20 [LE].zip for LE/Oldrim

If you've installed the correct version then you don't need to worry about it. 

I recommend maybe posting a link to your Load Order. 

32 minutes ago, daxter5555 said:

neither have i downloaded improved camera at this moment in time and its still throwing that error. 

First, just a little background on patches that replace scripts in the base mod (in contrast to patches that are much less intrusive).  The author of the patch modifies one or more of a mod's scripts.  When installed, the modified scripts entirely replace the original scripts, not just the few lines that were edited.  That will work for a while, but as the mod is developed, its scripts become more and more different from the replacement scripts unless the patch author actively maintains the patch to stay in sync.  Many (if not most) patches don't do that.  I've seen a patch collection that includes a 4-year-old version of the main script in a major mod.  Obviously, that will cause havoc unless you're still using the ancient version of the mod from which the patch was created.

Another problem with this process is that only one script patch can win.  In your case, you apparently still have at least one Simple Slavery script override even after removing the patch for improved camera.  Before you removed it, you had two conflicting patches.  If the other patch was lower in your load order, it would have replaced the improved camera patch -- or vice versa if the order was switched.  You had a problem even if those conflicting patches didn't break Simple Slavery.

Now, how to find the override?  The overriding script file (or files) might be loose or packed into a BSA archive.  It's very likely the former, so we'll look for that.

You didn't say how you install mods, but if you're using mod organizer, the flags column will show a lightning bolt for SS++ if another mod conflicts with it.  Clicking the icon should show you what's doing that.   Remove the conflicting item.  Also, if you're using mod organizer, click the Data view, open the "Scripts" folder, sort by name, and look for files starting with "SSLV_".  If they're not from SS++, they are overrides.  Remove any overrides.  Check the Overrides folder (if any) where your mods are installed (for MO2, you might see "overrides" at the bottom of left-hand list).

If you haven't found the culprit yet, also search your game's Data folder.  Open it in Windows Explorer, wherever you installed Skyrim.  If there's a Scripts folder inside Data, go there (otherwise, you're done with this step).  Sort the files alphabetically and look for any that start with "SSLV_" (or use the search box in the upper right corner).  Any that you find would be overrides, since you said you're on AE, and the SE/AE installation has all scripts bundled into the BSA archive, though the LE build is packaged a little differently.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

First, just a little background on patches that replace scripts in the base mod (in contrast to patches that are much less intrusive).  The author of the patch modifies one or more of a mod's scripts.  When installed, the modified scripts entirely replace the original scripts, not just the few lines that were edited.  That will work for a while, but as the mod is developed, its scripts become more and more different from the replacement scripts unless the patch author actively maintains the patch to stay in sync.  Many (if not most) patches don't do that.  I've seen a patch collection that includes a 4-year-old version of the main script in a major mod.  Obviously, that will cause havoc unless you're still using the ancient version of the mod from which the patch was created.

Another problem with this process is that only one script patch can win.  In your case, you apparently still have at least one Simple Slavery script override even after removing the patch for improved camera.  Before you removed it, you had two conflicting patches.  If the other patch was lower in your load order, it would have replaced the improved camera patch -- or vice versa if the order was switched.  You had a problem even if those conflicting patches didn't break Simple Slavery.

Now, how to find the override?  The overriding script file (or files) might be loose or packed into a BSA archive.  It's very likely the former, so we'll look for that.

You didn't say how you install mods, but if you're using mod organizer, the flags column will show a lightning bolt for SS++ if another mod conflicts with it.  Clicking the icon should show you what's doing that.   Remove the conflicting item.  Also, if you're using mod organizer, click the Data view, open the "Scripts" folder, sort by name, and look for files starting with "SSLV_".  If they're not from SS++, they are overrides.  Remove any overrides.  Check the Overrides folder (if any) where your mods are installed (for MO2, you might see "overrides" at the bottom of left-hand list).

If you haven't found the culprit yet, also search your game's Data folder.  Open it in Windows Explorer, wherever you installed Skyrim.  If there's a Scripts folder inside Data, go there (otherwise, you're done with this step).  Sort the files alphabetically and look for any that start with "SSLV_" (or use the search box in the upper right corner).  Any that you find would be overrides, since you said you're on AE, and the SE/AE installation has all scripts bundled into the BSA archive, though the LE build is packaged a little differently.

Thankyou for this information it has helped me and will definitely help others, turns out i had no overrides as i thought and the mod works perfectly fine with improved camera for me but when installing the new version i had to install all requirements and start a NEW save but it did not work on the existing save it was just broken no idea why very confusing but at least it works for me now maybe something to do with devious devices as it was an issue for me before i dont know really i am confused to say the least

16 hours ago, daxter5555 said:

...i dont know really i am confused to say the least

I am glad that you have it working.  A couple of clarifications:

The Improved Camera mod itself has no conflict with SS++.  Someone else published a pack of patches that is not being kept up to date for LoversLab mods.  Its patch for SS++ is the problem.  The next version of SS++ will eliminate the need for an IC patch, thanks to insights shared a few posts up by @Mister X.

Devious Devices itself works well with SS++ (it's a soft dependence, not required but supported if it's installed).  However, a few players have broken their games (with a cascade effect that can disrupt SS++) by thinking that they had to install both DD 5 and 4, due to some potentially confusing requirements statements in a few mods.  SS++ works with DD 5 or 4, but a player only ever needs one (I strongly recommend DD 5, currently at version 5.2).

Edited by HexBolt8
fixed typo
23 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I am glad that you have it working.  A couple of clarifications:

The Improved Camera mod itself has no conflict with SS++.  Someone else published a pack of patches that is not being kept up to date for LoversLab mods.  Its patch for SS++ is the problem.  The next version of SS++ will eliminate the need for an IC patch, thanks to insights shared a few posts up by @Mister X.

Devious Devices itself works well with SS++ (it's a soft dependence, not required but supported if it's installed).  However, a few players have broken their games (with a cascade effect that can disrupt SS++) by thinking that they had to install both DD 5 and 4, due to some potentially confusing requirements statements in a few mods.  SS++ works with DD 5 or 4, but a player only ever needs one (I strongly recommend DD 5, currently at version 5.2).

Thanks for all your help now appreciate it and for making everything idiot proof haha

On 9/20/2023 at 1:44 PM, albyznts said:

If you are having the script integrity problem that everyone else has, note that file name or mod name of the relevant patch for Improved Camera does not contain the word Improved or Camera. It is called Patch Collection and it won't show as overwriting SS++ even if it is messing with it.

Gods bless you

• 2 weeks later...

Just let me start with great job on the mod.

Really amazing in combination with defeat alternatives.

So small question would an integration with Diary of mine possible ?

I mean buying and or selling slaves in the Simple Slavery sslave market and not just the restless hunter or would there be some deepseated technical issues.

6 hours ago, MuellerMat said:

Just let me start with great job on the mod.

Really amazing in combination with defeat alternatives.

So small question would an integration with Diary of mine possible ?

I mean buying and or selling slaves in the Simple Slavery sslave market and not just the restless hunter or would there be some deepseated technical issues.

No, Simple Slavery is for the player to be sold as a slave. It is not a mod that makes NPC slaves for the player to own.

7 hours ago, MuellerMat said:

would an integration with Diary of mine possible ?  I mean buying and or selling slaves in the Simple Slavery...

As jfraser commented, selling NPC slaves is not what this mod does.  However, I think that PAHE (on which Diary of Mine is based) could choose to integrate itself in a nonintrusive way by just adding new dialog to the Auctioneer and/or Slavemaster to buy slaves.  That would be perfectly okay, since it wouldn't overwrite anything in Simple Slavery.

One last question If I would create a mod that allows said interactivity, would I be allowed to post it.

(Trying to learn alittle Skyrim modding and thought this could be a nice project to learn mod interactivity.)

PS.: I really thought my background in IT would make modding easier, but that was a pipedream. Huge respect to what the Skyrim modding base gets done using the creation kit.

1 hour ago, MuellerMat said:

If I would create a mod that allows said interactivity, would I be allowed to post it?

It's okay with me, but you should probably check with the author of PAHE, who might be able to give you some insight into how that part works.

About the freedom fund, it the amount you actually get sold for supposed to line up with the bidders & auctioneer dialogue, or does it just roll a random int from base sale price to base + additional value?

I've never had the dialogue line up with the actual sell price, last time I was sold the dialogue stopped at like ~1000 gold, then said my freedom fund didn't have enough to cover my 4600 gold sale price..

1 hour ago, fluffyvault said:

About the freedom fund, it the amount you actually get sold for supposed to line up with the bidders & auctioneer dialogue, or does it just roll a random int from base sale price to base + additional value?

Your freedom fund must have enough to meet the base price that you set in the MCM plus the random extra amount that you set.

1 hour ago, fluffyvault said:

I've never had the dialogue line up with the actual sell price....

You're intentionally never told the actual sale price, only how much is being offered above an unspecified minimum price.  That minimum could be 10 septims or thousands.

Edited by HexBolt8