4 minutes ago, jfraser said:

I’m not Hex, but for the first, the mod author of the non-SS mod should be able to create a simple switch to turn off going to SS after x number and of times. SS could also be set to turn off the checkbox in the MCM automatically, but then it would happen to everybody, so it is unlikely to be implemented.

Thanks, that's good info!

for the second, kind of but i’d just skip suggesting slavery mods in general if they want to stay away from rapey sort of things.  That said, something like submissive lola is couched as “hey, follower, i am willingly submitting myself to you” so, in theory, all the sex and anything bad that happens to you after that is consensual. 

Yeah, I'm mostly looking for stuff like Raven Beak Prison where (if I remember that mod right) you aren't forced into the submission/rapey path and have other ways to escape, or mods that I can trim out some of the rape stuff without undermining the narrative (Dealing with Daedra seems like it might be in this category).

Simple Slavery isn't a "must have" feature, but from a narrative point of view I like the consistency of having the Riften slave market be a real location in the world, as well as having SS++ available as a hook for other quests that utilize it. 

We'll see though, my first priority is to have a consistent, immersive world that while it might explore transgressive subjects it doesn't hit the point of no return while departing from comfort zones. Thank you for the input though - I've never really looked into Submissive Lola, so I might want to learn more about that one.

3 hours ago, gregaaz said:

@HexBolt8, is there a way to turn on or turn off certain mods by script?

Yes.  A script can toggle off (or on) an outcome in the SS MCM.  It's a good way to handle it in your situation, because the player is still free to go into the MCM and reenable an outcome if that player really wants it (you're not forcing anyone's hand, just providing guidance).

Spoiler

Look for the properties in SSLV_ConfigScr that end with _Enabled to find the ones you want to set (they're all in one block near the top), then set the ones of interest in your script.  Example:

SSLV_ConfigScr ssConfig = Quest.GetQuest("SSLV_Config") as SSLV_ConfigScr

ssConfig.DevCidhnaPirates_Enabled = false; Toggle off Devious Cidhna Pirates outcome

This does introduce a script dependence on Simple Slavery, but since your script's purpose is to modify Simple Slavery, that shouldn't be a problem for your players.

18 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Yes.  A script can toggle off (or on) an outcome in the SS MCM.  It's a good way to handle it in your situation, because the player is still free to go into the MCM and reenable an outcome if that player really wants it (you're not forcing anyone's hand, just providing guidance).

Reveal hidden contents

Good point – you can always make the script edit yourself.  XD

23 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Hide contents

Look for the properties in SSLV_ConfigScr that end with _Enabled to find the ones you want to set (they're all in one block near the top), then set the ones of interest in your script.  Example:

SSLV_ConfigScr ssConfig = Quest.GetQuest("SSLV_Config") as SSLV_ConfigScr

ssConfig.DevCidhnaPirates_Enabled = false; Toggle off Devious Cidhna Pirates outcome

This does introduce a script dependence on Simple Slavery, but since your script's purpose is to modify Simple Slavery, that shouldn't be a problem for your players.

Thank you, this is really good information!

Good point – you can always make the script edit yourself.  XD

Haha yeah, as long as the mod in question is open-source and doesn't have weird legacy dependencies that make recompiling a pain, that's probably the route that I'll take.

2 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Simple Slavery isn't a "must have" feature, but from a narrative point of view I like the consistency of having the Riften slave market be a real location in the world, as well as having SS++ available as a hook for other quests that utilize it. 

If you're having your players take baby steps with adult content, you could even install SS++ with no outcomes enabled for a "catch & release" auction experience.  They'd still end up naked in the slave pen and go through the auction before being freed by an anonymous benefactor.  (Enabling the "Remove inventory when enslaved" option would add serious consequence, but many players dislike losing their stuff.)  Deviously Cursed Loot has several SS outcomes, including Dagonar prison for women, but I don't know which of these might have rape content.

16 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

If you're having your players take baby steps with adult content, you could even install SS++ with no outcomes enabled for a "catch & release" auction experience.  They'd still end up naked in the slave pen and go through the auction before being freed by an anonymous benefactor.  (Enabling the "Remove inventory when enslaved" option would add serious consequence, but many players dislike losing their stuff.)  Deviously Cursed Loot has several SS outcomes, including Dagonar prison for women, but I don't know which of these might have rape content.

That's a good concept, thanks for planting the idea in my mind!

40 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

22 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

That's a good concept, thanks for planting the idea in my mind!

The prison in DCL does have rape content but it also has things to do, so it is currently my favorite prison outcome. The only reason I have DCL installed, actually - I don’t care for most of its other many many many features. XD 

That said, it does have a slavery outcome that will lead you to being a whore, which, although technically you are forced to do it, could be seen as non-rapey. 

Edited by jfraser
12 minutes ago, Jgoftl said:

Running the latest version (6.3.21) for SE and keep running into an issue where it won't detect the updated conversion of Ravens Beak Prison. No change in the plugin name, so not sure what's going on.

There is an updated version of RBP?

29 minutes ago, jfraser said:

There is an updated version of RBP?

I thought it was. There's a seperate SE conversion that actually includes a group of prisoners that has it's own page attached to the SE Sexlab Index listing. Technically the se conversion linked by this is a couple months newer on being posted, but the one linked to SE Sexlab Index listings updated all scripts files that it has back in 2020. The one linked to this page dosen't have it's files for their se conversion updated newer than 2019.

Edited by Jgoftl
3 hours ago, Jgoftl said:

Running the latest version (6.3.21) for SE and keep running into an issue where it won't detect the updated conversion of Ravens Beak Prison. No change in the plugin name, so not sure what's going on.

Simple Slavery works with the mods linked on the mod description page, under "Enslavement Mods".  If it is not linked there, it's not guaranteed to work.

In the case of a newer version of a supported mod, that version should still work unless the author changes the public interface that Simple Slavery uses.  Changing the public interface can cause the mod to not be found and/or to not start as an auction outcome.  That might have happened with the version you tried to use.  If so, presumably the author had reasons for making changes that broke the established interface, but it's not for me to make guesses about that.  You might mention the problem to the author and see if there's interest in having that version be compatible as an auction outcome.  If the author is interested and would like to drop me a note, we can talk about how to make things work.

On 1/5/2024 at 3:10 PM, asdfmovie666 said:

Well had the same problem and yes the culprit was the "Improved Camera Patch Collection" . I deactivated it and it worked no more error. Iwill have a look if i can go back to another version of the Patch collection as I would love to have the new outcomes of ss++ and also have the immersive first person Camera :)

thank you very much it was driving me crazy looking for the culprit 🤗

On 12/21/2023 at 8:10 PM, jfraser said:

uninstall the mod then do a full computer search for "sslv" and delete everything you find. these mod managers stick things all over the damn place. then re-install

It's incredible that browsing support forums actually work sometimes. This fixed my issue, so thank you. I'm guessing Vortex installed SS++ into Skyrim and into Vortex Mod Manager folder and that was fucking with it. 

4 hours ago, Mark Silver said:

Any chance for the SSE conversion of the Red Wave being added to the list since atm it does not work.

From what I can see, it's functionally equivalent to the LE version and should work.  Perhaps you can elaborate on "does not work".

22 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

From what I can see, it's functionally equivalent to the LE version and should work.  Perhaps you can elaborate on "does not work".

17 hours ago, Mark Silver said:

Ah my bad, I just noticed that a newer version of the mod was released with the Simple Slavery portion working.

I just downloaded and installed the SE version of SexLab Stories, and I successfully tested the Red Wave outcome from Simple Slavery++ SE. It worked fine for me.

This is the version of SexLab Stories that I tested:

DBF beta and testing for Skyrim Special Edition (April 2023) 2023-07-24
by DeepBlueFrog

From the Download button:

SexLabStories20230410a.7z

and
SexLabStoriesTextures20230410a.7z

Screenshots inside spoiler tag of the handoff from Simple Slavery to the Red Wave:

Spoiler

20240211164732_1.jpg.7ddba2b129c3a3fe47070a8eb298f994.jpg20240211164742_1.jpg.2c99fcae8743d96e6a286e89978c0351.jpg

Edited by Herowynne

i run into the next trap. my pc get sold out of slavery. always.

she has no follower. i have ahtar as buyer.

in rivverwood i started the lovely letter quest but did not finish it. bounty hunter came first.

from POP to SS++,

all i could do now is to accept being bought out, go to sven, finish that quest and start a new slavery auction. lets see.

edit : That did not work. sold out of clavery again. Maybe you know why ?

Edited by shiagwen
20 minutes ago, shiagwen said:

i run into the next trap. my pc get sold out of slavery. always.

she has no follower. i have ahtar as buyer.

in rivverwood i started the lovely letter quest but did not finish it. bounty hunter came first.

from POP to SS++,

all i could do now is to accept being bought out, go to sven, finish that quest and start a new slavery auction. lets see.

I'm having trouble understanding your description, but it seems like you have a situation in which you do not want to be freed from the slave auction ("my pc get sold out of slavery. always.").  It's not clear from the description which mechanism is freeing you, but they can be turned off in the SS++ MCM:

Simple Slavery Freedom Fund:  Set "Your base auction value" higher than the amount you have deposited in your freedom fund.

SL Survival Freedom License:  Set the chance to be freed to zero.

No enslavement outcome selected:  Enable at least one outcome.

However, if you have a devious device equipped that is flagged as a quest device, you will always be released from the slave market because Simple Slavery is not supposed to remove a quest device ("They try to remove your restraints, casting various spells.  They give up and tell you, 'We can't sell an owned slave.'")  If you're somehow caught in a cycle with POP sending you to Simple Slavery, I suggest turning off the Simple Slavery option in POP.

17 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

I'm having trouble understanding your description, but it seems like you have a situation in which you do not want to be freed from the slave auction ("my pc get sold out of slavery. always.").  It's not clear from the description which mechanism is freeing you, but they can be turned off in the SS++ MCM:

Simple Slavery Freedom Fund:  Set "Your base auction value" higher than the amount you have deposited in your freedom fund.

SL Survival Freedom License:  Set the chance to be freed to zero.

No enslavement outcome selected:  Enable at least one outcome.

However, if you have a devious device equipped that is flagged as a quest device, you will always be released from the slave market because Simple Slavery is not supposed to remove a quest device ("They try to remove your restraints, casting various spells.  They give up and tell you, 'We can't sell an owned slave.'")  If you're somehow caught in a cycle with POP sending you to Simple Slavery, I suggest turning off the Simple Slavery option in POP.

new game. nothing set in freedom fund. survival license deactivated, no enslavement outcome selected : dont know what you mean. No dd on. pop 90 % sending to ss++ doesnt work, must go to auction manually.

i was in the game when eerything worked fine. but i decided not to play that game further, so i went back to the auction, deleting all files avove, restarting game at auction.

8 minutes ago, shiagwen said:

new game. nothing set in freedom fund. survival license deactivated, no enslavement outcome selected : dont know what you mean.

"no enslavement outcome selected" means that no enslavement mod is enabled in the Simple Slavery MCM.  If Simple Slavery cannot send you anywhere, it will just release you.

I still don't understand what problem you're having.  Can you explain step by step what is happening and what part of that you think is a problem?

On 1/29/2024 at 11:33 AM, gregaaz said:

Haha yeah, as long as the mod in question is open-source and doesn't have weird legacy dependencies that make recompiling a pain, that's probably the route that I'll take.

SS was designed from the start to have no dependencies except Zaz (for the shackles).  Even Fuz ro Doh is not technically a dependency. i'm pretty sure Hex has kept it that way.

30 minutes ago, jfraser said:

SS was designed from the start to have no dependencies except Zaz (for the shackles).  Even Fuz ro Doh is not technically a dependency. i'm pretty sure Hex has kept it that way.

I have, but gregaaz is concerned about recompiling, which wants the source for everything that the SS code references.  That would include Devious Devices scripts.  Players don't need DD (references are isolated in an interface script with global functions), but I think the compiler will.