18 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Also, some mods really could use a defined end and replay value.

I want to check on both Slaves of Tamriel and WolfClub for example to see if I can make a patch for them to have replay value and a defined end. 
For example slaves of tamriel could end with a certain amount of ore earned or at a fixed time (24 hours). Wolfclub could auto release the PC after he did a certain amount of jobs. 

That way both mods could be repeated as extended punishment for a Defeat -> Simple Slavery -> follow up mod - chain. 

In General:
We need more small, short quests to be connected to SS++. 

I was once even dreaming about a network of small quests that can be used by other mods to tie in. 

So much material is laying waste in Skyrim, its a real shame :(
(just to make one example: the training dungeons from Maria Eden. If they could be made an isolated mod and tied with SS++... profit!) 

All these mods could also be connected to Slaverun maybe to make for more "tasks" the slave has to do for the next city, maybe even be used by POP to have more varitey in prison (forced labour)  etc. etc. 

love this vision. if you stick an end on Slaves of Tamriel, I'll love you forever. Even just something as small as "you discover that your endless mining has revealed a hole out of which to escape" thus sticking you in a random spot in Skyrim still in your chains but - and this is the crucial part - with all of SoT's scripts turned off (such as auto cowering). It's still, to this day, the most immersive video game experience I've ever had. 

3 minutes ago, jfraser said:

love this vision. if you stick an end on Slaves of Tamriel, I'll love you forever. Even just something as small as "you discover that your endless mining has revealed a hole out of which to escape" thus sticking you in a random spot in Skyrim still in your chains but - and this is the crucial part - with all of SoT's scripts turned off (such as auto cowering). It's still, to this day, the most immersive video game experience I've ever had. 

I agree 100%. Its just so immersive!

I dont want to make promises I cant keep, but since I changed quite some scripts already I will at least try to, that I can promise! 

I like the idea testing a slave before buying.  Before the auction starts, bidders should be allowed to try the slave?. Nobody wants to buy "hares in sack".

Regarding the placement of a slave in prison, there could be an awkward situation if you have the Bad Ends: Executions mod installed :classic_biggrin:.

"The guards put the money together and bought one poor slave to be executed today for fun."

I would very much like one smaller mod connected to SS ++, it is the Public whore mod. Unfortunately, this mod has not been created yet, but I really like the idea.

I tried my hand at making a pre-auction scene. It did not turn out well. Hex has already said he views his tenure as the owner of SS as more of a maintainer than an adder. He is certainly welcome to do whatever he wants with it, but if you want a pre-SS scene...well, I bet he would be happy to link your mod with the beginning of SS. This is exactly how SS itself got its start, after all - someone who didn't know how to make mods decided to sit down and try to figure it out. ;)

I'll help if you decide to try. SS would not exist had I not had a ton of help myself. 

Hey, I just wanted to try out this mod with the new dialogue  "I have a fantasy about being sold.  Can you arrange a pretend auction?", but I never used SS before and I don't know where the NPC is. Can someone tell me the location of the slave market?

1 hour ago, unshatter said:

Can someone tell me the location of the slave market?

In Riften, go to Mistveil Keep, but instead of going up the stairs to Mistveil Keep, go to the left into the Riften guard training area. There is a double door to the slave market, just to the right of the double door for the Riften guard barracks.

market-location.jpg

Great to see an update to this. Simple Slavery has always been one of my favourite ideas for a mod, because the fun of the sex slave fantasy for me has always been the journey rather than the destination. Once my character reaches the end of the road I tend to do what's needed to get her free as soon as possible, then set her on the road again. The auction is a huge part of that journey. I'll definitely be giving this new version a try.

6 hours ago, jfraser said:

Giants were discussed early on, but it doesn't seem natural for them to be there either.

One way I can think of being sold to a giant that would make sense is if you're actually sold to a farmer or villager, who then gifts you to a giant as a ceremonial peace offering instead of one of his cows. When wandering around Skyrim you often see a farmer leading a painted cow to offer to a giant, or a giant leading his cow off to its new life. An auction outcome could make the player into a cow replacement, something of a sacrificial offering, a bit like the heroine in King Kong.

27 minutes ago, merManc said:

Great to see an update to this. Simple Slavery has always been one of my favourite ideas for a mod, because the fun of the sex slave fantasy for me has always been the journey rather than the destination. Once my character reaches the end of the road I tend to do what's needed to get her free as soon as possible, then set her on the road again. The auction is a huge part of that journey. I'll definitely be giving this new version a try.

One way I can think of being sold to a giant that would make sense is if you're actually sold to a farmer or villager, who then gifts you to a giant as a ceremonial peace offering instead of one of his cows. When wandering around Skyrim you often see a farmer leading a painted cow to offer to a giant, or a giant leading his cow off to its new life. An auction outcome could make the player into a cow replacement, something of a sacrificial offering, a bit like the heroine in King Kong.

Just need slavetats in the same pattern as that cow. XD

Ever tried to take that cow away from that giant, btw? He does not take kindly to it.

4 hours ago, jfraser said:

Hex has already said he views his tenure as the owner of SS as more of a maintainer than an adder.

This.  Simple Slavery is a mature mod that does what it does pretty well:  an auction and hand-off to an enslavement mod.  My focus is fixing problems, polishing existing content, and linking to new mods as they become available. 

4 hours ago, jfraser said:

if you want a pre-SS scene...well, I bet he would be happy to link your mod with the beginning of SS.

And this.  A "test ride" would be fun (though it should be optional).  If you want to do the work, I can try to link to your mod.  However, a "preview" scene would probably work best integrated into Simple Slavery.  I can merge your additions and credit you.  As jfraser said, if you look back at the mod's development it's like a community project. 

That said, I might look into what would go into adding a test ride, but it's not a priority.  The new cell that I added to the slave hall could work well for slave "testing". 

@Nymra said:  "We need more small, short quests to be connected to SS++."

I generally use SLUTS because of its replay value.  I like that I can set how hard (or how little) I have to work to clear the indenturement.  I do find myself wanting more variety, though.  The new addition of the Devious Cidhna bandits quest helps a little, though it's not really designed for replay.  For testing, I tried the first part.  There are a lot of similarities to the pirates quest in function, but the new setting makes it fun.  SS links to some mods that are incomplete.  If someone picked those up and finished them, they'd become useful.

The available SD masters are all rather vanilla.  I plan to make available the 6 alternates, but it's just more of the same.  I will contact DeepBlueFrog to see if SD+ has a better way now to get started from SS.

19 minutes ago, jfraser said:

Just need slavetats in the same pattern as that cow. XD

Ever tried to take that cow away from that giant, btw? He does not take kindly to it.

I think this tattoo ( or very similar ) already exists is contained in Grine Slavetats Package.

11 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

I like that I can set how hard (or how little) I have to work to clear the indenturement.  I do find myself wanting more variety, though. 

I agree that it would be wonderful to have a new mod with a variety of simple slavery destinations.

I would love to work on a mod like this -- I wish I knew something about creating quests.

Here are some of my ideas for slavery destinations after being auctioned off:

• You are purchased by a lumber mill owner, locked in prisoner chains, given a woodcutter axe and a quest to turn in a certain number of firewood to your owner. Upon turn-in, your owner removes your chains and you are free to go.
  • You are purchased by a mine foreman, locked in prisoner chains, given a pickaxe and a quest to turn in a certain number of ore to your owner. Upon turn-in, your owner removes your chains and you are free to go.
  • You are purchased by a tavern owner, locked in a slave collar, given a quest to "service" a certain number of customers in the tavern. Upon turn-in, your owner removes your collar and you are free to go.
  • You are purchased as a courier for illicit merchandise, such as stolen gems, skooma, or rare poison. The illicit merchandise is stored in a hollow plug, you are locked in a chastity belt, and given a quest to travel to a recipient NPC. Upon turn-in to the recipient of the illicit merchandise, the recipient removes the chastity belt and plug, and you are free to go.
  • You are purchased by an alchemist shop owner as a test subject for potions and poisons, locked in prisoner chains, given several potions and poisons and a quest to drink them all, then speak to your owner. Upon turn-in, your owner removes your chains and you are free to go.
  • You are purchased by a court wizard as a test subject for spells, locked in prisoner chains, given a quest to endure several spell attacks by your owner, then speak to your owner. Upon turn-in, your owner removes your chains and you are free to go.

I just gave it a quick spin. I 'coc'ed to the market, had a nosey around, and then told the slave master to set up a 'fantasy' auction. Everything worked really well. I'm going to start a new game now with a few options for sending me to and from the auction. Thanks!

One thing I noticed though, is that most of the named npcs around the edges of the room seemed to be classed as friends - as if I'd done a personal favour quest for them. So they were making comments like, "You're someone who can get things done. I like that." One orc guy told me he was spreading word to all the strongholds that I was to be considered blood kin for what I'd done for him.

Could be, of course, that the relationship rank is necessary in some way for the mod to work correctly, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. I suppose they might have been pre-emptively thanking my character for voluntarily showing them her tits up on the platform! ?

@herowynne

i've often wondered why mines, farms, and the like were not used more for slavery. 

As destinations for Simple Slavery they make perfect sense. That is, once the selling price is brought in line with what you need to do. For example take

The Red Wave ; Your PC is bought at auction for 1200, and pays 1000 for her freedom. With a genius business plan like that they won't be 

around long enough for your PC's return engagement. i think that selling prices should be fairly cheap, after all, widows, orphans, and POWs would be 

plentiful. Also, say at a wood cutter's, instead of freedom, after a certain amount, say 200, you get sent to make deliveries, with enough time to play in between

them. If someone pays 500 for a slave it makes no sense that they would be freed before they at least tripled the investment. 

That's all the time i get for my 2 cents.

2 hours ago, just_Gina said:

@herowynne

i've often wondered why mines, farms, and the like were not used more for slavery. 

As destinations for Simple Slavery they make perfect sense. That is, once the selling price is brought in line with what you need to do. For example take

The Red Wave ; Your PC is bought at auction for 1200, and pays 1000 for her freedom. With a genius business plan like that they won't be 

around long enough for your PC's return engagement. i think that selling prices should be fairly cheap, after all, widows, orphans, and POWs would be 

plentiful. Also, say at a wood cutter's, instead of freedom, after a certain amount, say 200, you get sent to make deliveries, with enough time to play in between

them. If someone pays 500 for a slave it makes no sense that they would be freed before they at least tripled the investment. 

That's all the time i get for my 2 cents.

They're not used because no one has made a mod for them. Well, except for mines - Slaves of Tamriel is a fantastic mining slavery mod even without having an end. As I recall, the "continuation" version is unplayable though.

9 hours ago, cepelin said:

As far as i recall, SS+ did not ofer the 'Damsel in Distress' from DCL since it had been diabled temporarily.

I didn't change that.  I don't see anything on the DCL mod page saying that Damsel in Distress is not available, so I can make it available in SS++ unless someone tells me that it's still disabled in DCL. 

9 hours ago, merManc said:

One thing I noticed though, is that most of the named npcs around the edges of the room seemed to be classed as friends - as if I'd done a personal favour quest for them.

I'd noticed that too.  They're like that so that they are ready as SD+ follower masters.  I'll make a note to reduce their relationship rank with the PC to 0, and raise it when they actually become a master.

5 hours ago, jfraser said:

In theory they could all be friendly to you if you're just walking in off the street. You wouldn't get greeted if you met them the more traditional way.

It's just that they're a little too friendly.  The orc says, "For your help, I'm sending word to the other strongholds" even if you never helped the orcs, I think another says "You've been a good friend to me", things like that.  My thought was just to set the initial relationship rank to 0, so they greet you politely but not warmly.  Just a cosmetic thing. 

Actually, I was wandering around in there I'd reflected that it would be interesting if you show up later as a slave, someone would remember your earlier visits on the other side of the bars and comment on how one's fate can change, from potential buyer to slave.  Not worth the trouble, but something I play out in my head.

I understand. I started to work on responses to coming back as a slave again and how that might degrade your value. And thought about chatting with the others in the slave cage and how the conversations could be used to steer the player toward the slavery outcome they'd prefer. And how the value and outcome would vary depending on how submissive or angry you acted. Never implemented any of that, except for a few dialogue lines that don't do anything.

19 minutes ago, saltshade said:

I tried adding this to an existing game and it doesn't load. Using the SE version and I didn't have any version of SS installed before.

When you say "it doesn't load", what do you mean exactly?

This mod's ESP file (SimpleSlavery.esp) depends on Zaz (ZaZAnimationPack.esm), so this mod won't load unless you have Zaz installed.