50 minutes ago, the3rdArc said:

have you seen sabudenego's Sex Arcade artworks?

I have now. I like that crate system :)

50 minutes ago, the3rdArc said:

That'd be really cool to have in the game but I guess it would take a long time + commitment. 

And I'm not sure my animation skills are up to the challenge, sadly. Still, you never know...

So I'm having trouble getting the things to show up in the workshop menu. I even started a new character to see if that'd help but it didn't. I also did some digging in the files and found something mentioning a workshop quest, is there a quest that I need to do before I can start building the things?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 3:03 PM, DocClox said:

It's weird. I found raider_reform_school.esp needed ChainBikini yesterday. But when I went to fix it, it was already done. Maybe I did it when I was half asleep or something. Anyway, fixed version coming. I also looked at the CBBE StumpZ and ... for some reason I can't load a CBBE reference into Bodyslide. It's just not there as an option. I could probably load a nif directly, but this has me worrying what else might be borked in my install

I've also been trying to work out what's going with the colors in that tube.

image.png

I think it's fair to say I made some progress.

In case anyone's interested, there's three layers. There's a "warp" object which is basically an inverted normal map. Mainly, that's responsible for the little swirls you see in the jar that slightly distort the content, making it look viscous and sticky. It also makes the tube darker and more opaque, so I took it out.

Then there's the liquid layer. Turns out it gets its color from what's supposed to be a grayscale grad. Only I noticed it was green. So I took a desaturated copy and on another copy I created a layer mask based on existing transparency. The I created a whole new layer, filled it with solid color, then used the greyscale copy in darken only mode to get the pattern right, and pasted the result under the image mask.

Result? I can make these suckers any color I want! I can't hot swap them though sicne the texture file is hardcoded in the nif, deep in some very arcane stuff. So I made seven tubes in RGBCYMK and the result is what you see above.

The third layer is the jar, and it's pretty much invisible. It turns out it's basically an Institute glass wall warped into a jar, so that's probably why they seem to frost over if you look at them from a certain angle.

image.png

Getting the degree of transparency right is a fine art. Some of them are much clodier than others by default. The white one in particular was near opaque until I dialed it back a little. I sort of wonder if I should go back the other way a bit, purely so you can image her submerged in the viscous white fluid of your choice.

image.png

I'm not sure if the snapping is hillariously wrong, or if it's jsut difficult to judge which way the tube is facing when you place them. I might give it a square base to make it a bit more obvious. Maybe with a RRS badge or a helpful notice "Warning: do not cover air intakes!"

image.png

The tubes are emissive, so they stand out at night, but they don't actually light anything else. I might give them a bit of actual glow, but it can end up hiding the contents of the tube.

That said: here's our test class with a couple of construction lights shining on them:

[edit]

Whoops! Went to paste an image and somehow posted. Anyway..

image.png

That's looking quite good. I think.

image.png

My earlier attempt at changing the color only turned the bubbles blue. You can see that in the nearest tube here. I should really go and fix that for all the tubes.

I might go back and revisit that brain-on-a-shelf model now. I think I know how to make it work.

Where do I get those tubes?I don't find it in the Workshop menu "RRS"

5 hours ago, Tortout4 said:

Where do I get those tubes?I don't find it in the Workshop menu "RRS"

They might have been in WIP but unreleased. I'll take a look.

Good news is I've finally reinstalled Fallout, so I want to get  RRS back up and running. I'll see about a maintenance release once I have the game stable again (software rot, I figure) and have a chance to work out which of the dozen or so rrs project folders contain what.

[edit]

They should be under Confinement Tubes.

image.png

That said, the esp that they come from is in my overwrite folder, so it's possible that the tubes never made the last release.

I should have some time over the coming weekend. I'll see what I can do.

This looks really awesome! Thank you for all the obvious work you've put into this.  I'm thrown by something, though.  On your requirements, it sounds like we can use either CBBE or Fusion Girl.  

"If you use CBBE, then F-Me Shoes by niston. You don't strictly need it, since the mod just adds a patch, but if you want the shoes, you need that mod.

If you use Fusion Girl, thenthe  FG port of CB Bikini."

I'm using CBBE, so I cant have FG installed, right? But Vortex is telling me raider_reform_school.esp requires ChainBikini.esp.  Have I installed something incorrectly? 

On 3/30/2021 at 11:21 PM, nord456 said:

This looks really awesome! Thank you for all the obvious work you've put into this.  I'm thrown by something, though.  On your requirements, it sounds like we can use either CBBE or Fusion Girl.  

Yeah. This was an idea that, in retrospect, needed a bit more explanation.

The idea is that the tops don't use the BODY slot. A lot of stuff that you might want your girls to wear does use that slot, and in particular, FO4 is set up so that shoes tend to hold the body for any outfit.

My first attempts at the top did use the BODY slot, which meant that if you gave a girl a pair of heels to wear, her top unequipped. So I took the body model out of the tops. The problem then was that the girl's naked body wasn't built to quite the same shape as the tops (I was using JosieGirl, which has a preset for nudity and others for different sorts of outfits).  So it clipped. Annoyingly so.

Anyway, my solution was to get a pair shoes built to the same body shape as the top. Wear them both together, no problem. Only then, the shoes tended to un-equip during sex which I didn't want. So anyway, the F-Me shoes add on just adds "no-strip" keywords to the F-Me shoes mod. It can safely be ignored if you don't use CBBE or don't want to use those shoes. In retrospect, I think I could have done that entirely non-invasively  with AAF xml files, but I didn't quite get  that, back then.

The Chain Bikini version is similar, but since the CB mod already has workshop configurable shoes and stockings, I wanted to try and set up similarly configurable tops. So ideally, you could go to a workbench and create a dozen orange prisoner tops with matching heels and black and orange striped stockings built in. The rrs_fg.esp file adds some "next gen" outfits that come with shoes built in and that you can configure. It doesn't work as well as I'd hoped though, but it's probably worth loading if use FG and like your girls in heels.

At the end of the day though, you shouldn't need either of them. Just make sure the that all your stuff (female body included) is built to the same shape and preset as the tops, and you won't need to load either addon.

I'm using CBBE, so I cant have FG installed, right? But Vortex is telling me raider_reform_school.esp requires ChainBikini.esp.  Have I installed something incorrectly? 

Turns out, that's a wild edit. The mod doesn't directly use CB at all, but somewhere during development one of the CB keywords got dragged onto a record in the main mod. I cleaned out the keyword, but missed the dependency in the header.

Next version will fix this, but if you want to sort it out yourself, open raider_reform_school.esp in zEdit or xEdit, right click on the mod and choose "Clean Masters". That should sort it out.

What a great explanation! Thank you.  I appreciate your taking the time to talk about these things.  It gives me a tiny bit of insight into your process.  I'm starting to consider maybe kinda sorta creating a tiny little mod.  It's a daunting thought and I'm not ready to jump in, yet, but having someone who's created such a complex one explain part of the process helps me a lot.  

Thank you.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:24 PM, DocClox said:

They might have been in WIP but unreleased. I'll take a look.

Good news is I've finally reinstalled Fallout, so I want to get  RRS back up and running. I'll see about a maintenance release once I have the game stable again (software rot, I figure) and have a chance to work out which of the dozen or so rrs project folders contain what.

[edit]

They should be under Confinement Tubes.

image.png

That said, the esp that they come from is in my overwrite folder, so it's possible that the tubes never made the last release.

I should have some time over the coming weekend. I'll see what I can do.

Oh alright, thought my game is bugged again. Yeah its not included in your last release, I would kiss your feet if you'd would add it ;D.

16 minutes ago, Tortout4 said:

Oh alright, thought my game is bugged again. Yeah its not included in your last release, I would kiss your feet if you'd would add it ;D.

Working on it now. There were a couple of issues, like the chains being the wrong way around, that needed sorting out.. I've also been fiddling with the lighting and looking at adding some name plates for some occupants.

Should be done soon. Then I'll probably have a look at the tattoo frame @SlaveHunter311 was asking about a while ago.

OK. So. This is where I'm at with the tubes:

image.png

That's just the blue ones. The others still have the chains backwards for some stupid reason.

ScreenShot2.png

That's easy enough to fix though. What's bugging me at the moment is this:

image.png

I thought it might be fun if, when you added certain named actors to the tubes, a name plate appeared so you could tell who was in which tube. And that's still the plan, although it'll take a bit of work to get all the names done. The trouble is, as you can see, the names insist on applying to the rear of the damn tubes. I've tried rotating the mounting node, I've rotated the housing - noting seems to make any difference. Which I'm starting to think means it's something baked into the save. Unfortunately, testing that means a new game and then finding a named raider to enslave ... and that sounds tedious, so I've been putting it off.

The other thing I've been working on is a tattoo frame:

ScreenShot1.png

This is literally the first time I've got it in-game, so there are some rough edges. The model doesn't line up with the cuffs, quite, the pivots and gromets have somehow lost their material definition... nothing major. It does all line up in Blender ...

image.png

... sh it should just be a case of fiddling with offsets in the CK to line it up.

The gromets on the side of the ring are intended as general attachment points so a machine could pick the ring, plus passenger, move it to another location, rotate it  and generally manipulate the thing. Whether I can make that work is another question. I have done some recent experiments with mounting actors on things...

... but with mixed success, so far.

In any case, I'm going to add some worker arms around the ring to apply tattoos. A bit of animation if I can make it work, or maybe just fake it with TranslateTo.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to this Easter weekend.

All right then.

image.png

All those name plates deploy the correct way around. I also turned the glow down on inactive tubes, just so the active ones stand out a little more. I might turn up the in-tube lighting a bit more, I'm not sure yet. I'll have to see how it looks on the brighter colors first.

I'm not quite sure why "Maid" is in pink when the rest are in yellow, but it does start me thinking about how I might color code those names. Jade and her Maid are from Atomguard, in case anyone is wondering, but since I had them handy at the time, I made nameplates for them.

The nameplate process is easily extendable by the way, so if anyone decides they want to make names for their favorite NPCs from other mods, let me know and I'll put together a quick howto. The process is triggered by the DisplayName of the actor as well, so if you have pet names you commonly assign to slaves, you can make plates for those too.

image.png

The other colors are all properly oriented again as well, not that you can tell from that screenshot. They just need the scripts from the blue tubes attaching, and I'm about ready for that release.

I'm also still fiddling with a better respirator than the current one. I've been playing with this as a design.

image.png

Big cylindrical filter, latex hood to keep the oxygen supply from slipping loose, and the eyes exposed so you can see the evil glares you're getting from inside the tube. Secondary air hoses pushed up each nostril for that added feeling of discomfort and degradation.

Needs a bit of work still, so I might leave it for next release. Probably wants the hair hose re-doing as well, so it goes in the side rather than coming in through the front.

I think I'll go with the new airmask. The tubes had the old mask baked into the script properties, but when I scrapped a couple and recreated them, they picked up the new mask. So here's a comparison.

image.png

I mean, just look at the anguish in those eyes.

image.png

What? Yes, she does have eyes. They're the round things. No, the other round things. Look further up! Now you're getting  it. ;)

OK. New release out.

Confinement tubes are working and buildable

ScreenShot0.png

ScreenShot1.png

The tattoo frame is buildable, but doesn't do much except act as an x-cross.

And the ChainBikini.esp dependency has been removed from the main mod.

Next release will have more nameplates for the tubes, and hopefully a functioning tattoo frame.

Your work is amazing as always and I'm sorry if the comment comes across as sounding ungrateful or if I'm oversimplifying a complex task.

The settlement craftables all look really cool, but the monochrome gray on the furniture make everything look a bit "unfinished", like they're missing textures.  Is it a easy change to use another texture? (Like even maybe the rusted metal lining from the wasteland workshop concrete parts if texture permissions might be an issue)

1 hour ago, ClunkyChimp said:

where can I find the alternative air mask?  I only see the one that is a full mask instead of the half one

Currently, you're stuck with the full mask. The half mask has some mesh problems and there are gaps in the render that I couldn't work out how to fix. I might look at fixing it up and giving you the option of which to use in the next release.

That said, if you want the half mask, it's a fairly easy hack with zedit. Open up raider_reform_school.esp with zEdit and expand the armor and furniture sections. Then double click on rrs_confinement_tube_red and expand the VMAD section until you find the rrs_autoquip script. It should look like this.

image.png

Then drag rrs_air_mask over the property that currently says rrs_respirator_hood. Do the same for the other six tube definitions. Scrap and replace any existing tubes and you should get the face masks instead of the hoods

16 hours ago, DocClox said:

Currently, you're stuck with the full mask. The half mask has some mesh problems and there are gaps in the render that I couldn't work out how to fix. I might look at fixing it up and giving you the option of which to use in the next release.

That said, if you want the half mask, it's a fairly easy hack with zedit. Open up raider_reform_school.esp with zEdit and expand the armor and furniture sections. Then double click on rrs_confinement_tube_red and expand the VMAD section until you find the rrs_autoquip script. It should look like this.

image.png

Then drag rrs_air_mask over the property that currently says rrs_respirator_hood. Do the same for the other six tube definitions. Scrap and replace any existing tubes and you should get the face masks instead of the hoods

Thnx mate!

On 4/8/2021 at 3:12 AM, Pickle_Juice said:

Jesus! this looks like a awesome mod! great incentive to go back and try fallout 4 again! thanks for this!

Glad you like it! :)

22 hours ago, ClunkyChimp said:

Thnx mate!

No problem.

Bit of news: Progress on the tat frame front.

image.png

image.png

The cuffs all line up now and, out of consideration to @strykernoscope I've tried to grunge it up a little. Everything is a bit on the shiny side, but I think I'm finally getting a handle on how specular maps work in Fo4. And the support posts have this weird pixelated effect on them, but I'm beginning to think that's just from the grunge brush I used to apply the rust. Not that the rust is greatly visible, mind. Call it a work in progress.

I have some tats to go with the frame.

image.png

image.png

The logo and barcode format was requested by @SlaveHunter311. Not entirely sure the Fallout universe ever developed barcodes, but it's a bit late to be worrying about lore by now. Also, I'm strongly tempted to make a version with a QR code and have the logo in the center of the QR. In any event. there'll be more faction brands once I get the furniture fully working.

There should also be a cheekbone brand ...

image.png

... but for some reason, I can only get it to show up on Nora. However, that's just applying it from the console with showlooksmenu, which can be a bit dicey with NPCs. Maybe the scripts on the machine will make it display.

I also added some generic nameplates for Gunners

image.png

... and raiders.

image.png

The color scheme I'm going for is dark red for generic enemy factions, yellow for named bosses, and I'll probably use blue for companions, and I'll have to think about how I want to color BoS, Railroad Institute and Minutemen generics.

Next up, I think, is to separate the ring from the supports and make it into a snappable addon, like the stacking frames. That way, I can move the ring separate from the rest of it. And I'll need a snappable activator button as well.

Kind of stalled on the ring animation. You can't use TranslateTo on an activator apparently. It just sits there doing nothing until the translation would have ended, and then snaps into the new position. So I'm going to need to animate the sucker, which means I will probably need to make the ring rideable, which means it needs to be an actor, which means it needs a root behavior project ... which is where I stalled out. I know it's doable, I just don't have a clue how. The alternative is to take a vertibird, change the mesh, remove all the packages and add behavior based on a new keyword. But I'm not sure I'm geared up for that right now.

So, for a change of pace, I thought I'd see what those barcode tats looked like with QR codes instead.

image.png

Using Nora here because I still haven't solved the face problem for NPCs

@SlaveHunter311has been asking for a forehead brand, so I thought I'd to a test version

image.png

Seems to work. A bit spooky how her eyes disappear if you get inside their clip distance. I could make that brand a bit smaller as well.

image.png

Shoulder tat. Slavehunter wanted the shoulder barcode bigger (I'm going to get him to help me make the damn things at this rate), so I thought I'd use this as a test again and see how much distortion we got from the curvature. That's liveable with, I think, but I think I'd still shrink it down a little.

image.png

... and the butt tat, which is pretty much the same as the barcode version.

I had hoped to make the QFR scannable, but I don't think it's going to work. All my attempts refused to scan, and the web based generators all insist on sticking http:// on the front of any text. So I thought "sod it" and enlarged the logo which probably puts it beyond hope of scanning, but looks better.

If anyone's interested, this particular QR says "This slut is raider slave. Fuck her if you want her."