1 hour ago, themoreiwatchthemoreilearn said:

Say I really want to try out this mod but it keeps telling me I'm missing torturedevices.esm any thoughts?

That would be this one

I've updated the requirements list on the download page

I got the holotape programming to work. If anyone wants to know what the programs look like, they're a bit like this.

Spoiler

;
;    call the base setup function to initialize the program
;
    base.setup()
;
;    assuming we start with a girl just sat down on the trolley
;    Bring the trolley to the ring
;
    base.add_instruction("Retract")
;
;    rotate to 45 degree mark then mount the girl
;
    base.add_instruction("Rotate", 50.0)
    base.add_instruction("Mount")
    base.add_instruction("Rotate", 00.0)
    base.add_instruction("Extend")
;
;    move the laser head down to the 50% mark
;
    base.add_instruction("Rotate", 90.0)
    base.add_instruction("V", 0.5)
;
;    move left to line up with the ass-cheek
;    have to guess a little here. I'll add some constants once I work the values out
;
    base.add_instruction("LR", base.ass_r.lr)
    base.add_instruction("FB", base.ass_r.fb)
    base.add_instruction("V", base.ass_r.v)
;
;    run the sparker for five seconds
;
    base.add_instruction("Spark", 5.0)
;
;    bring the tattoo head up to the 50% mark
;    so we don't clip the girl when we move it
;
;
;    line up over the arm
;
    base.add_instruction("LR", base.arm_l.lr)
    base.add_instruction("FB", base.arm_l.fb)
;
;    descend and spark
;
    base.add_instruction("V", base.arm_l.v)
;
;    back up to 50% and rotate her onto her front
;    (may need to raise the head higher - we'll see)
;
    base.add_instruction("Rotate", 270.0)
;
;    line up over the mons
;
    base.add_instruction("LR", base.mons.lr)
    base.add_instruction("FB", base.mons.fb)
;
;    descend and spark
;
;
;    raise to 50% and line up on cheek
;
    base.add_instruction("LR", base.cheek_l.lr)
    base.add_instruction("FB", base.cheek_l.fb)
;
;    descend and spark
;
;
;    back to 50%, center the laser head, then raise it right the way back up
;
    base.add_instruction("FB", 0.5)
    base.add_instruction("LR", 0.5)
    base.add_instruction("V", 0.0)
;
;    and should really finish by depositing the girl on the trolley again
;    and then sending the trolley back to the start.
;

It's missing instructions to apply and remove tattoos at the spark stages, and I still need to write the dismount code to put her back on the trolley. But other than that, the above works.

22 minutes ago, Farsh-nuke said:

I just encountered the bug where the pillory, barber chair, weight bench, gym vaulting horse and scrapping station have gone missing so I hope all your lovely contraptions can actually keep the slaves from Just Business from escaping lol

I just posted a question on the JB support thread about that. So far as I understand it, to stop slaves escaping I need to add my furniture to the JBRestrict formlist. So I do that. But, as of recently, I'm not getting the "now this slave can not escape" message and the slaves do in fact escape. I'm looking into it.

Meanwhile, MO died and ate my configuration, and now I can't get AAF to work, even with a minimal six-mod setup. So development may be delayed until I fix that.,

15 minutes ago, Farsh-nuke said:

Did you update files you weren't supposed to?

Possibly. The install guide for AAF has changed a lot since last I looked at it. I know I have the recommended AAF version. The one thing I don't have is Buffout which stops the game before it starts for me, every single time.

I'll ask on the AAF troubleshooting thread.

On a positive note, I started adding sounds to the machine. I have a servo motor whine for the sliders, and a rumble for the trolley I still need to do the ring and the sparks and I need to work out what the "pain" barks are called so I can have the victim cry out when tattooed.

Apart from that, this thing is more or less ready to release. Probably needs a few more tats making as well.

Speaking of which, I just made an updated Tattoo Workshop entry on my blog, with this machine specifically in mind.

Well, that's one mystery solved, only to be replaced by another. I added some instrumentation to my JB bridge code:

debug.traceUser("rrs", "JB Bridge: Adding Furniture")
        if ! game.isPluginInstalled("JustBusiness.esp")
                debug.traceUser("rrs", "JB not found")
                return
        endif

Apparently I don't have JustBusiness.esp installed. Which is absolute and arrant nonsense of course. When did IsPluginInstalled stop working?

Also, GetFormFromFile doesn't work. And somewhere in saving my overwrite files, my RRS esp got misplaced. The one I thought it should have been has been mangled by trying to copy something (a race record, probably) in zEdit. The next most likely candidate turns out to be from a couple of weeks back and my tattoo frame is just a ring on a stand. The most recent by date, running a search on the file tree, looks about right, but refuses to attach the controller script to the machine base because its of the wrong type all of a sudden.

Nothing behaves as it should, this morning. Up is Down and Left is Right and Black is Sky Blue Pink With Octarine Fucking Polka Dots!

I need a hobby where the rules don't change every couple of days.

[edit]

Ack! I needed to vent a bit.

Opened up the esp with zEdit and checked the type of the tattoo base frame and the constructible that builds it and they both looked OK. So I quit without saving, and loaded the game up, and this time the machine built just fine. So whatever Strange Aspect Of The Stars was preventing it from working previously, that conjunction seems to have passed. So that much is good, at least. However cross currents in the Astral Tides are still blocking any sort of JB integration and even crashed the CK when I tried to drop a scripted brahmin skull into concord so I could test with a few other mod configurations. I blame the Bavarian Illuminati, personally.

I also, finally have the dismount instruction implemented, which means there is a way to get the girls off the ring, at last. So I'm thinking I might look at a release sometime soon. The tattoo machine will still be unfinished, but it'll be in a good enough state for people to play with it and, in the event that the Discordian Society, The Servants of Cthulhu and the Flying Saucers all conspire to zorch my file system again, I'll at least have an offsite backup.

Boy, I'm feeling crusty this morning.

Yeah, that baffling nature of mods is why I have up using Vortex it was horrible to get a CTD after installing a mod, uninstall the mod and still get the ctd. I did manage to get Buffout 4 working with MO2 and that provides a crashlog which is something. It seems there's also an amount to where certain poorly maintained mods are just corrosive and will slowly break a save file.

I had to uninstall 'What's Your Name' and 'Better Stores' because of concerns like that.

I did notice you use Zazout and that has very clear warnings of corrosivenes on the how to install AAF guide.

I can't offer solutions obviously but you have my sympathies. Good luck

10 minutes ago, Farsh-nuke said:

I did notice you use Zazout and that has very clear warnings of corrosivenes on the how to install AAF guide.

Hmmm... not currently. I did have it loaded for a while but not any more.

10 minutes ago, Farsh-nuke said:

I can't offer solutions obviously but you have my sympathies. Good luck

Thank you :)

3 hours ago, DocClox said:

Well, that's one mystery solved, only to be replaced by another. I added some instrumentation to my JB bridge code:

debug.traceUser("rrs", "JB Bridge: Adding Furniture")
        if ! game.isPluginInstalled("JustBusiness.esp")
                debug.traceUser("rrs", "JB not found")
                return
        endif

Apparently I don't have JustBusiness.esp installed. Which is absolute and arrant nonsense of course. When did IsPluginInstalled stop working?

There should be a space between 'Just' and 'Business'

16 minutes ago, krlll said:

There should be a space between 'Just' and 'Business'

Yeah. Just posted to that effect on the JB support thread :)

Did the filename change at some point? I can't believe this never worked at all.

Fortunately just business has a toggle to turn off slave escapes but I did notice that after assigning slaves to the spitroaster restraints from Raider Reform School they didn't get in them. It may have been normal delay to get into place or poor placement but let me know if I need to do something special like give the slaves an RRS top to make it work. Oh and I could do with a way to turn off the script to send away the kids. I can't see the toggle in the mcm.

I know you have enough on your plate so I'm not expecting anything soon.

I'll have a look. I did notice that a couple of items had properties that had somehow popped loose, so I should probably do a full check and make sure everything else is working before I do that next release.

Oh, I got AAF working BTW. Gave up on doing it the modern way and copied mods from an old profile. I'm using AJ XML and the One Patch and all the stuff it says I shouldn't use and it's working great.

15 hours ago, Farsh-nuke said:

Fortunately just business has a toggle to turn off slave escapes but I did notice that after assigning slaves to the spitroaster restraints from Raider Reform School they didn't get in them

I did a quick test:

image.png

That worked first time, so I'm guessing something else is affecting things.

You didn't have your girls in the confinement tubes prior to that, by any chance? The tubes call SetRestrained on their prisoners to try and stop them wandering off. It doesn't entirely work (and I'm going to try something else in the next release) but it can make them unresponsive to assignment.

Try selecting one in the console and typing "SetRestrained 0", see if that helps.

Hmmm. Now I want to fiddle with the spitroaster model :)

[edit]

Well, that was underwhelming.

ScreenShot0.png

I added little "shoes" to the pipes so they looked a bit more firmly anchored. Then I added some rusty normalmaps to the pipework to make it look as if the pipes weren't quite so fresh-from-the-foundry. That's not really noticeable. I might try again with a less subtle map at some point. Oh and I tried to add some collision using SCOL, which totally failed to do anything - you can still walk right through the bars in either direction.

Oh well, call it a learning experience :)

One bit of good news: I think I found why the RRS workshop menu was using the Torture Devices icon (and presumably messing up the rest of the menu thereafter).  Way back when, I copied an ArtObject from TD trying to understand how this all worked, but I didn't change the filter keywords. So i fixed that, and added an RRS flag for a workshop icon ...

... which totally fails to show up. Bugger. I'll have to see if I missed anything.

[edit]

Well, that was easy to debug! Turns out zEdit didn't save any of my changes. The RRS menu now has a nifty red flag icon. The TD icon is still on the wrong menu though, which may well still be my fault, but I now have no idea why.

Icons aside, I'm currently trying to make it so you can move the machine without leaving bits of it lyine around. The problem is complicated by the fact that half the bits are invisible. Although that, at least I can fix by setting bShowMarkers in the ini file

Oh and i double checked, even after leaving the area and coming back and sleeping for hours at sanctuary where the spiroasters were, the slaves assigned to them did not move. The moment i assigned them to differen tasks they got to work. Is it possible the spitroaster is applying the restriction on movement the instant they are assigned to it instead of waiting for them to get in?

Still I tested and my AAF works but unfortunately while i have animations for sex scenes i didn't even know existed I don don't have animations for spanking and handholding, which led me to think it wasn't working at first. Obviously that's not an issue with Raider Reform School but something i am going to try to resolve for myself lol

Anyway i am pleased to hear about your progress with the machine. It would add the immersion. Perhaps you could have something like a cattle prod to apply brands?

Yeah, I just need to rework all the rotators and sliders now. Everything is crosslinked to everything else, and that makes it a pain to move stuff. For instance, I place the ring where it should go, then place the rotation helper at it's pivot point, then attach the ring to the helper, which moves the ring. Then there's some jiggery-pokery with position to get everything to line up again. But when I move it, it's all wrong again, and getting it lined back up is going to be a right pain.

And that's just the ring. There are three sliders with basically the same problem.

So new plan: I'm creating a ring composite that's going to encapsulate the ring and the rotation helper. The rotation helper attaches to the composite, the ring proper attaches to the helper, and the composite attaches to the base. The whole thing moves when the base moves, but the ring can still rotate around the helper.

I just need to rewrite around a third of the base code to make it happen :)

I am reminded that there is a cool chair in one of the mods that people love which modders have problems with because its made of lots of tiny components and sometimes falls to bits or something. So you are basically doing that but saying part of the chair has to move and a different part has to move an npc?

Good luck. 

Well, part of the chair is an NPC in this case. The ring is a rideable, reskinned eyebot. That was the only way to make the rotation work on actors like Piper who were placed in the editor. But yeah, we've got the trolley, the ring itself, the rotation helper that rotates the ring, the vertical slider, the vertical platform helper, then the same two again but for left/right and again for front/back. And the node that generates sparks when the tattoo is applied is a separate part as well, so that too.

But if this works, I'll get that down to just three things the base needs to manage: the trolley, the ring, and the slider subsystem. And I can farm a lot of code from the overly complex base controller out to the composites, where it probably should have been in the first place.

Did You Know: There's a setting in Fallout.ini that makes visible all the invisible markers the game uses?

image.png

That's the rotation helper that turns the ring, and the little orange sticks are the platform helpers.

And when I move the thing now, nothing gets left behind. Visible or invisible.

Still do do: scrapping. When you scrap the thing, it does leave bits of itself all over the place. That won't be so bad since I don't have to worry if it all lines up after it's been destroyed. Then I need to fix the tattoo spark, and sort out some lighting. It doesn't do that actual tattoos yet, but that's not too bad since I have working code I can just copy. And I still need to make it accept more than one program.

It's been a bit of a long haul, but there is an end in sight.