39 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

Check your quest fragment script again if you equipped any objects earlier.
Again, the metalstand for the spitroast is simply not included/used anywhere by me, so this must be an error on your end.

Checked.

It's the case, in the scene : the zaz spitorast armor (necessary for playing the anims) is equiped.

It's disabled now, I'll see if it's working.

Found some minor incompatibilities related to YPS Fashion.

The first one is: When you have YPSFashion hair growth enabled and an option named "Do NiNodeUpdate after hair update" enabled (it is enabled by default). After the character got beheaded and head removed from body, if a hair update is triggered, then the head would go back to the body because of the NiNodeUpdate. I believe that might because that YPSFashion did not check if the Player has dead and update that after death. 

Actually not really an incompatibility, but a BUG of YPS Fashion. However, I believe it might be better if have this mentioned in description. I have also posted this issue in YPS Fashion post, but considering the last update time of that mod, I don't expect it have this fixed. Maybe applying some method to prevent NiNodeUpdate after death would help fix this and other similar issue resulted by other mods? (I have no idea actually because I am not a modder?) Or just mention in the description about turning off that option.

The second one is YPSFashion hair growth will prevent hair disappear when roasting. I believe this incompatibility could be fixed by trying to use YPSFashion's hair cut method if that mod is detected, I know it does have one and several mods like Slaverun reloaded provide that kind of option.

11 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Ok then, this issue isnt completely new. Its caused by skyrim not cleaning up overlays between saves, I did include a small cleanup routine to work around this, but apparently it didnt work as planned.

Lets say you have a completely new and unaffected save. Player character enters spitroast, gets crispy and then dies (without moving to spike or plate). What exactly happens here on your game? (Details are important, no matter how insignificant they might appear)

What SHOULD happen is the following:
Screen slowly fades to black and game reload after screen is fully black. skin color should be restored to normal at this point.

When the player character enters the spitroast and dies without moving to a spike or plate, the screen fades to black and the game reloads with no skin colour changes exactly as you said. Additionally, if the player character dies after being put on a plate or spike, the same thing happens.

However, if you load a save while on the plate / spike, which you are allowed to do here but not on the spitroast itself, the skin colour changes.

12 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

can you interact with corpses on the spitroast/silverPlate/gallows?

I can't interact with the corpses on any of the furniture options. At most I can interact with the furniture itself such as in the case of the spitroast where I can change heat, remove corpse, etc, but not the corpse itself.

Edited by ugh223
9 hours ago, ugh223 said:

I can't interact with the corpses on any of the furniture options. At most I can interact with the furniture itself such as in the case of the spitroast where I can change heat, remove corpse, etc, but not the corpse itself.

I see. I´ll look into it.

9 hours ago, ugh223 said:

However, if you load a save while on the plate / spike, which you are allowed to do here but not on the spitroast itself, the skin colour changes.

Just don't do that then.
I need to run the cleanup function before the save loads. I know when the player dies, so I know when to run the cleanup in that case, but there is obviously no real way of knowing when the player will manually load a save.

16 hours ago, Delzaron said:

Imagine I want to design an actor event, like for example Simza the cook fetching a meat slave, bring her to the block, and behead her...

how it's could work with your activators ?

The blocks are regular furnitures. so putting a sit-package on the victim should be enough. Everything else is handled automatically.

Hi there!

Thanks for this Mod - finally I got my Skyrim running again (thank you steam for that unwanted AE...).

But I do have some questions regarding the spitroasting. I play as a male (SAM-custom-race) and ran into several problems:

the whole head turns pitchblack

the male-exclusive parts won´t change their color - all the rest (except for the head) does

the skincolor itself doesn´t turn into a dark brown - it´s more like some sort of red - sunburn could be a fitting description (although my characters skin color is a bit darker)

for the last two parts I thought I could change it myself by editing some textures - but there are no textures - and so I am pretty clueless now.

Finally I discovered by exploring the Modfiles that there should be sounds - I guess only for females?

EDIT: after some fumbling around with my mods there are sounds.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by kaiserkatze
1 hour ago, Pamatronic said:

The blocks are regular furnitures. so putting a sit-package on the victim should be enough. Everything else is handled automatically.

I can say, with not predefined npc not so easy to force use it furniture. MoveTo in one cell with player not working *and i guess it not working at all*, sittarget and sit packages not working too *with scene result same*, only works activate after finding package. And for some furnitures also need use commands to prevent npc from moving, or again it's not working.

I see in zaz present function to force npc use furniture and lock in it, but i don't understand how to call it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Another question : how it works with the camera.

I tried to disable playe rcontrols of player and use packages to make it use the spitroast... the result is curious... it's a like a first view...

Followup on my issue with not being able to interact with corpses on any of the furnitures: Disabled every mod that isnt needed for this mod, however I still can't interact with the corpses. This leads me to believe that the mods I have arent the issue.

My modlist:

Zap8

SkyUi

Sexlab

powerofthree's Tweaks

PapyrusUtil SE - Scripting Utility Functions

Powerofthree´s Papyrus Extender

Pama's Deadly Furniture

MfgConsole

FNIS (Needed for Sexlab)

Address Library for SKSE Plugins

8 hours ago, koopa86 said:

It being form 43 is fine? When I try to change it to form 44 using CK it stays hung up at the end.

1. Nobody does form changes with the CK. It's easier, faster in xEdit.

2. There is absolutely no reason to change the form on a mod unless it's absolutely required, if it is...the mod author themselves will make that change. There are some specific record types that do require the change to be made , those are case by case situations.

3. You can read the gory details about 43 vs 44 from an actual technical standpoint here, if you want. But the basic summation is:

• If the mod in question isn't even a port, and if you don't have specific reason to believe that something is wrong other than the fact that a script told you that the mod has the bad number in it, then don't panic.
  • If you don't understand any of the above, then you lack the expertise needed to check whether a version 43 record is likely to be harmful.

In other words, there is absolutely no reason to change the form version unless a mod author instructs you to do so in the course of troubleshooting, or the record types use warrant it. This has been a ridiculous debate for years now, and it's patently absurd.

Again, for the people in the back: 

Unless a mod author instructs you to do so, or you fully understand the technical reasons behind form 43 vs 44 while running in SE with respect to supported record types, there is no reason to make this change.

I have ported a LOT of Skyrim mods. Hell, I even did some of the first animation porting for Pama when he first started releasing these wonderful mods. I am telling you, straight up...you really do not need to muck about with this. Running Skyrim mods with 43 forms on SE if fine. I do it all the time. I currently have about 16 mods in my MO2 load order running like this.

The help I will give you, is this: go into MO2, go to the tools menu, find the Form 43 Plugin Checker and disable it like you see here.

image.png.082f2035b6693cdd454ad35e5f2a0504.png

Because you're worrying over nothing, and this will solve that itch. ;)

Cheers.

3 hours ago, WandererZero said:

1. Nobody does form changes with the CK. It's easier, faster in xEdit.

2. There is absolutely no reason to change the form on a mod unless it's absolutely required, if it is...the mod author themselves will make that change. There are some specific record types that do require the change to be made , those are case by case situations.

3. You can read the gory details about 43 vs 44 from an actual technical standpoint here, if you want. But the basic summation is:

• If the mod in question isn't even a port, and if you don't have specific reason to believe that something is wrong other than the fact that a script told you that the mod has the bad number in it, then don't panic.
  • If you don't understand any of the above, then you lack the expertise needed to check whether a version 43 record is likely to be harmful.

In other words, there is absolutely no reason to change the form version unless a mod author instructs you to do so in the course of troubleshooting, or the record types use warrant it. This has been a ridiculous debate for years now, and it's patently absurd.

Again, for the people in the back: 

Unless a mod author instructs you to do so, or you fully understand the technical reasons behind form 43 vs 44 while running in SE with respect to supported record types, there is no reason to make this change.

I have ported a LOT of Skyrim mods. Hell, I even did some of the first animation porting for Pama when he first started releasing these wonderful mods. I am telling you, straight up...you really do not need to muck about with this. Running Skyrim mods with 43 forms on SE if fine. I do it all the time. I currently have about 16 mods in my MO2 load order running like this.

The help I will give you, is this: go into MO2, go to the tools menu, find the Form 43 Plugin Checker and disable it like you see here.

image.png.082f2035b6693cdd454ad35e5f2a0504.png

Because you're worrying over nothing, and this will solve that itch. ;)

Cheers.

Hey thanks for the support. I hope I didn't come off as one of those ungrateful complainers who want modders to taylor everything to their specific need. I was just asking for that reason, there seems to be a lot of misinformation regarding this subject. Sort of like the whole should you clean your masters. Some people swear that you better do it, some say it makes no difference. 

2 hours ago, koopa86 said:

I was just asking for that reason, there seems to be a lot of misinformation regarding this subject. Sort of like the whole should you clean your masters. Some people swear that you better do it, some say it makes no difference. 

You're welcome to read the link I sent you on the last reply. But, people have been talking about this for years now, the misinformation tends to come from people who don't make mods, don't really understand the underlying issue with respect to form 43 vs 44...but often just go on running their mouth about it. I'm not saying that's what you're doing here, because it's not. But your post here, and your responses are the result of this debate going on and on...to the point of misinformation.

When some folks like me see it, we try to shut it down quickly...or you wind up with the whole debate opening up again. Because again, it's been going on for years.

In any event, as I said. Just turn off the 43 plugin checker. It was relevant in 2016, when SE was released, and there were unknowns. It's 2023. There are far more important things to worry about when you're modding than whether your SE mods are 43 or 44.

Cheers! ?

On 1/27/2023 at 6:02 PM, kaiserkatze said:

Hi there!

Thanks for this Mod - finally I got my Skyrim running again (thank you steam for that unwanted AE...).

But I do have some questions regarding the spitroasting. I play as a male (SAM-custom-race) and ran into several problems:

the male-exclusive parts won´t change their color - all the rest (except for the head) does

for the last two parts I thought I could change it myself by editing some textures - but there are no textures - and so I am pretty clueless now.

Thank you in advance!

Hi again!

After a complete reinstall and downgrade to SE 1.597 some of the problems got suddenly fixed. One issue still remains and I guess it´s not quite easy to fix: the male exklusive part doesn´t change its color.

At first I thought the colorchange is done by just loading new bodytextures and a swap of those would do it for me, but looking through the pamaSpitroast via SSEScript tells me that an overlay is used and the colors are calculated within the script. And the scirpt itself seems to be exclusively for females.

As I am pretty clueless about scripts: is there a way to easily edit this script to finally get a crispy cock or is a version planned which works for both genders?

Thanks in advance!

Love your mod! Its one of the better ones i have. Just a heads up for anyone using Better Vampires, if your a vampire it causes the head to not change properly. it has some type of conflict with the script for the head layer i think. changed back to a werewolf and issue went away. keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Strangely, everything works with the spitroast stuff except I can't bring up any menus for NPCs on the preparation area spit or on the display furniture. Talking to the NPC does nothing, and activating the corpse on the display just brings up their inventory. Originally, I thought it was a problem with orphan scripts from a badly cleaned old install, and I did delete a few old scripts, but the problem still persists.