Okay, I might be an idiot, but I broke an animation with a pama execution block set by another mod (one of the Serana mod addons for a player house) after i accidentally clicked it.  For some reason it went direct to the scene instead of opening the menu.  The animation didn't play correctly and released me.  Upon returning to the cell, I lose player control and the animation tries to play.  The ZAZ MCM release was the only thing that got me control back (console commands didn't) but i got about half a second before the animation tried to grab me again and locked me in place.  This place is where I loaded into the cell, mind, not near the block.  I let it go for like 5 minutes in case it would somehow play the animation out, but it didn't.

Is there some command or something that would stop the pama furniture from trying to play its animation scene?  Like a variable i can manually set with a console command?

Edit: By increasing the ZAZ interval i got some more time to time, by a little, and I was able to slowly get in visible range so i could disable the block with the console, which seems to have fixed the issue.  If I could read the console info on the pamaFurniture_Quest a bit better, I probably could have done it remotely by using prid and disable.

Edited by Nutarama
Fixed issue
3 hours ago, Nutarama said:

Okay, I might be an idiot, but I broke an animation with a pama execution block set by another mod (one of the Serana mod addons for a player house) after i accidentally clicked it.  For some reason it went direct to the scene instead of opening the menu.  The animation didn't play correctly and released me.  Upon returning to the cell, I lose player control and the animation tries to play.  The ZAZ MCM release was the only thing that got me control back (console commands didn't) but i got about half a second before the animation tried to grab me again and locked me in place.  This place is where I loaded into the cell, mind, not near the block.  I let it go for like 5 minutes in case it would somehow play the animation out, but it didn't.

Is there some command or something that would stop the pama furniture from trying to play its animation scene?  Like a variable i can manually set with a console command?

Edit: By increasing the ZAZ interval i got some more time to time, by a little, and I was able to slowly get in visible range so i could disable the block with the console, which seems to have fixed the issue.  If I could read the console info on the pamaFurniture_Quest a bit better, I probably could have done it remotely by using prid and disable.

Okay that actually only worked on the player, the Quest won't stop grabbing the NPCs, one of which is a pretty important follower.  At this point I can just start over so it's not a huge deal, but trying to use the sqv and setpqv commands to end the quest has given me a headache.

On 2/24/2023 at 7:24 AM, Pamatronic said:

This seems to be a common issue for SE users. the papyrus extender appears to behave differently between LE/SE.

This can be remedied on the user end by quicksaving/quickloading or by fast traveling away and back or by transitioning out of the cell by door and back (basically any loading screen I've found works, even fast traveling to Riverwood with a gallows corpse in Riverwood).  I believe that this is because the function isn't creating the corpse correctly while the cell is loaded, but when the cell is reloaded the function triggers and the furniture works again.  This seems to be supported by the fact that doing a quicksave/quickload while the animation for the furniture is playing, it doesn't generate the corpse.  This is most easily demonstrated with the Impaler and the Gallows, as their animations are fairly long and involve a bit of twitching at the end that has to finish.  (really good work on that twitching animation, btw, looks great).

On 3/20/2023 at 2:21 PM, xtro334 said:

unfortunately not ?

All I can nail it down to is that it is connected to the preset for the face.

So I am stuck between choosing faces I do not like and  head not getting the cooking overlay

Bit of a workaround before a more permanent solution is found: Deleting the sculpt data from a preset before using it seems to make it work again,

On 3/20/2023 at 5:18 PM, Nutarama said:

For some reason it went direct to the scene instead of opening the menu.

All devices have a property for suppressing the entry message and directly start their associated scene/function. This property is set to false for spawnable devices, but can be set to true on CK-placed ones by the individual mod authors.

1 hour ago, Pamatronic said:

Bit of a workaround before a more permanent solution is found: Deleting the sculpt data from a preset before using it seems to make it work again,

Hello Pama! I'm truly sorry for this newbie question.. but what do you mean by deleting the sculpt data? 

From what I do know is that in the RaceMenu, we go to the sculpt tab and then "Clear Sculpt"? 

Although doing that will ruin the face :') 

3 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

All devices have a property for suppressing the entry message and directly start their associated scene/function. This property is set to false for spawnable devices, but can be set to true on CK-placed ones by the individual mod authors.

Ah, that makes sense.

Is there any way to cancel the quest that keeps trying to direct the actors?  I tried completequest pamaFurniture_Quest and setpqv pamaFurniture_Quest disable True and neither of those worked.  Tried setpqv with a couple other variable I saw in the script and with sqv I thought might do make it work and none worked that I found.  Would player.kill work since it would register as a death and allow the quest to clear?  I'm not a modder myself and only an amateur programmer so dealing with the NPC quest structure is unintuitive.

Despite my issues that playthrough, great work on the mod.  I think the initial issue was that one actor was in another world cell but the mod author hadn't properly melded their mod into the world navmeshes so when the actor tried to get to the block he'd run off and not come back thanks to broken pathing.  Usually for a misclick I'd just accept my stupidity and move on.

So, I'm sure that I'm getting something wrong, but no matter how much I let a character cook on the spit and no matter which heat setting, the bodies never take on any of the cooked appearances. Hair doesn't turn black, skin doesn't darken, nothing. Everything else works fine aside a couple CTDs that I'm assuming were because I used the furniture on quest important NPCs. My only real issue is the skin and hair not changing on the spit.

I have all of the requirements up to date, so I'm not sure what I'm getting wrong here.

6 minutes ago, DocArtemis said:

So, I'm sure that I'm getting something wrong, but no matter how much I let a character cook on the spit and no matter which heat setting, the bodies never take on any of the cooked appearances. Hair doesn't turn black, skin doesn't darken, nothing. Everything else works fine aside a couple CTDs that I'm assuming were because I used the furniture on quest important NPCs. My only real issue is the skin and hair not changing on the spit.

I have all of the requirements up to date, so I'm not sure what I'm getting wrong here.

It's likely an unsupported head and body mod  Some are unsupported.  Base CBBE or 3BA works with vanilla heads.  HIMBO and SOS works with vanilla heads.  "CBBE muscle solution" also does not work in my experience. I don't know the status of any other major body mods like BHUNP because I don't use them.

"High poly heads" does not work in my experience, and other head replacer mods may not work.  Some Argonian/Kahjit/Custom heads may not work but the bodies will if they still use a fairly standard CBBE or 3BA setup.  If it's just the head mod that's conflicting, there will be a very visible color seam.

If you remove all your body and head mods except CBBE or 3BA and then start a new character and try it, does that work?  If so, try adding back mods until one of them breaks the spit coloration.  At that point, you have three options: (1) do without the skin coloration and use the conflicting mod, (2) stop using the conflicting mod entirely to get the roasting colors working and accept defeat, or (3) try to find another mod with a similar effect that does work.

For example, if one head mod isn't working, another head mod might.  If you really want a mod like Flawn's Argonians for its horns but the head doesn't work, then another mod that only changes the Argonian horns but leaves the face vanilla might work.  In any case, it's trial and error.

Due to the ways that other mods can change models and textures, it's basically impossible to code a universal solution without doing some things that would break certain functionality.

On 3/22/2023 at 4:14 PM, krisht said:

Hello Pama! I'm truly sorry for this newbie question.. but what do you mean by deleting the sculpt data? 

That means deleting the .nif file which comes with the preset.
Yes, that might mess up the face for some presets which heavily rely on that, but I don't have a better solution atm.

On 3/22/2023 at 6:09 PM, Nutarama said:

Is there any way to cancel the quest that keeps trying to direct the actors?

stopquest <ID>
Is usually used to terminate quests, but doing that with pamaFurniture_Quest will break the entire mod.

On 3/22/2023 at 6:09 PM, Nutarama said:

Would player.kill work

No

You best option is to just reload an earlier save.

13 hours ago, DocArtemis said:

If NOTHING changes color, I´m almost inclined to believe that you don't have Nioverride/Racemenu installed.

2 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

stopquest <ID>
Is usually used to terminate quests, but doing that with pamaFurniture_Quest will break the entire mod.

No

You best option is to just reload an earlier save.

I figured, things started going sideways then and I just started another playthrough.  I'll be more careful next time.  Thanks for putting up with my questions!

4 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

If NOTHING changes color, I´m almost inclined to believe that you don't have Nioverride/Racemenu installed.

God Damn it. That turned out to be true, I was pretty sure I had them installed, but I guess not. Thank you for your time.

hi Pama, question here, when i use the roast device, after i remove the NPC to display spike or plate, they just wear their original outfit automatically, and the plate and spike disappear also. Do you any idea about how to fix this? if u apply me ,i would appriciate that, thx!

all of sudden these dont work, even tho i havent otuched the zaz animations or this mod o.o any clue how to fox? i tried uninstall and reinstall zaz but to no avail.

so PSA for anyone whom may have the same issue now r  in future, as people arent very kind here, the problem was solved when instead of running nemesis after fnis. just run fnis after the zaz. not nemesis as well.

then voila all worked fine.

im guessing during install of other mods tht i ran nemesis after fnis, messed it up so i just reinstalled zaz and ran fnis and voiula.

Edited by RayeKagari