On 4/15/2023 at 3:10 PM, dymoon said:

Spitroast turns my character's face black. If anyone has a solution or a cause, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know

Black textures is usually indicative of a memory issue in your system/game. Not much I can do about it from my end.

So I ran into two issues.  The first is that Wrye Bash has this as form 43.  I thought I may have selected the wrong version (LE vs. SSE/AE) when I installed it.  However, I went back and reinstalled, and I did select SSE/AE.  I was able to use CK to fix that issue.  The second is that there seems to be an issue with an incorrect ASCII character starting something in the .esp:

mod_files.py  250 load: Error in PamaFurnitureScr.esp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 580, in loadData
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 1187, in load_mel
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 907, in load_frag
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 575, in load_frag
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 959, in load_frag
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 411, in _read_vmad_str16
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb4 in position 4: invalid start byte

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "bash\mod_files.py", line 227, in load
  File "bash\brec\record_groups.py", line 71, in load_rec_group
  File "bash\brec\record_groups.py", line 229, in _load_rec_group
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 548, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 381, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 594, in loadData
bash.exception.ModError: PamaFurnitureScr.esp: UnicodeDecodeError('utf-8', b'Pama\xb4s Furnitures', 4, 5, 'invalid start byte')

Not sure what this pertains to, but it prevents Wrye Bash from created a bashed patch.

Any help would be appreciated.

On 4/28/2023 at 10:10 PM, VikingSon said:

So I ran into two issues.  The first is that Wrye Bash has this as form 43.  I thought I may have selected the wrong version (LE vs. SSE/AE) when I installed it.  However, I went back and reinstalled, and I did select SSE/AE.  I was able to use CK to fix that issue.  The second is that there seems to be an issue with an incorrect ASCII character starting something in the .esp:

mod_files.py  250 load: Error in PamaFurnitureScr.esp
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 580, in loadData
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 1187, in load_mel
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 907, in load_frag
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 575, in load_frag
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 959, in load_frag
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 411, in _read_vmad_str16
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb4 in position 4: invalid start byte

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "bash\mod_files.py", line 227, in load
  File "bash\brec\record_groups.py", line 71, in load_rec_group
  File "bash\brec\record_groups.py", line 229, in _load_rec_group
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 548, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 381, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 594, in loadData
bash.exception.ModError: PamaFurnitureScr.esp: UnicodeDecodeError('utf-8', b'Pama\xb4s Furnitures', 4, 5, 'invalid start byte')

Not sure what this pertains to, but it prevents Wrye Bash from created a bashed patch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Not entirely sure whats up with that, but what I CAN tell you is that any attempt to merge the esp will completely break the mod. Don´t do it.
Also form 43 is irrelevant.

I'm getting Crashes the moment I try to load a save or start a new game with your mod. Turning off the plugin doesn't work, but removing it completely does, so I think the issue is in the scripts.

Edit: Nevermind, I might be stupid/dyslexic. Don't have ZAP but instead ZAZ

Edited by DracoKnight
On 3/12/2023 at 7:03 AM, no_way said:

did you find a fix?  With high poly head my head doesn't change colour, and with a non-highpolyhead it CTDS with PC every time

YPS Immersive Hair Growth and Styling.

Took a lot of trial and error but when I turn on hair control at the start of a game or even later on it will instantly causes CTD's on SSE, and I haven't figured out how to fix it for an already running game. Even deleting the mod and removing unattached instances and undefined elements via resaver wont fix it.

Because of the above and that there aren't a lot more CTD complaints(YPS is very popular), I doubt it is solely the cause and it is instead a combination of things. But that's where I'm at with it.

Just released the new V2.4.0 of Deadly furnitures.

reminder what you get with this:
20230209193112_1.jpg.86904524cc0e0b2c27926b309986115e.jpg

20230209193923_1.jpg.96d9eddf3ab6385fb48ec1a0400d0cb8.jpg

20230209194527_1.jpg.53e35bcc455bb3489457f2587fd8ed81.jpg

20230117150403_1.jpg.8c2b65d250daff1c75466483d36a65cc.jpg

20230117150437_1.jpg.c20388e4fba581d8d4613688bf9e607e.jpg

Cant be bothered to update the LL page right now, so you have to get it HERE in the meantime.
(Dont worry, its a public post)

File attachment is at the bottom at the page.

Trying out the new 2.4.0 update and ran into an issue with moving victims, both player and npc, from a spitroast to either a display spike or plate:

When trying to move an NPC they fall on the ground next to the spitroast shortly after attempting to move them, and either the plate or display spike that they were moving to disappears; However, when telling them to get onto the plate / display spike without first going through the spitroast, they get onto it fine with no issues.

Interestingly, in the case of the player, when moving the player character to either the plate or the display spike they successfully move onto it unlike an NPC. However, it doesn't seem to actually kill the player character, as you seemingly never respawn / autoload a previous save. Additionally, much like the NPC, moving directly onto a display spike or plate without first being spitroasted also works perfectly fine for the player character, and you die / respawn afterwards.

If it helps, I'm using Special Edition.

3 hours ago, ugh223 said:

Trying out the new 2.4.0 update and ran into an issue with moving victims, both player and npc, from a spitroast to either a display spike or plate:

Did you start a new game after installing the update?

Sounds don't seem to play on non unique actors. It took me a while to figure out why the sounds would sometimes play and other times not. But the common thread seems to be it only plays on unique actors. Though I haven't got the most recent update yet. So sorry if this is no longer the case. 

21 hours ago, fmilluminatus said:

I asked before but didn't see a response, any chance the gallows kicking animation can be sped up to a more realistic speed?

No, this would require me to have the original .blend file of that animation. and even if you were to speed it up, it wouldnt look any more natural.

On 5/12/2023 at 8:20 PM, ugh223 said:

Yeah, started a new game and have all of the prerequisite mods assuming that they havent changed since 2.3.0

Not sure then. I didn't really change anything about about the spitroast and its accessories. Either you messed up something during installation, or you have another mod interfering.

4 hours ago, Jadsar said:

Sounds don't seem to play on non unique actors.

You sure about that? the only thing I´m aware of which can influence sounds is the victims gender. I didn't bother to implement sound files for males

9 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Not sure then. I didn't really change anything about about the spitroast and its accessories. Either you messed up something during installation, or you have another mod interfering.

Going through my mods, it seems the issue is with Sexlab Defeat Baka Edition; When interacting with an NPC on a spitroast it brings up their "Knocked Out" menu which seemingly causes them to fall down next to the spitroast rather than going to a plate / spike.

Also this seems to be a new issue with 2.4.0; When using Deadly Furniture 2.3.0 this issue doesn't occur and you can move the NPC straight to a serving plate or display spike, with or without Sexlab Defeat Baka Edition enabled.

It's unfortunate because imo both Sexlab Defeat Baka Edition and Deadly Furniture compliment each other well, and used to work in previous versions as is stated in your mod compatibility section.

Some images going through the process:

first.thumb.JPG.90cb8c26b5e155419f8148f3511e2a34.JPG1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Edited by ugh223
Made comment more clear; Confirmed my suspicions that Sexlab Defeat Baka Edition was the issue.
17 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

No, this would require me to have the original .blend file of that animation. and even if you were to speed it up, it wouldnt look any more natural.

What about just a new more realistic animation? I'm pretty good with blender but I have no idea how to import animations from blender into skyrim. If you send me a pre-rigged character in a blender scene, I can do the animation for you and send it back for you to import. (I could do the same for garrote too, I already have some garrote animations.)

Edited by fmilluminatus
20 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

You sure about that? the only thing I´m aware of which can influence sounds is the victims gender. I didn't bother to implement sound files for males

It's the case on my end at least. It plays for unique npcs but not bandits and the like. 

12 hours ago, ugh223 said:

Also this seems to be a new issue with 2.4.0; When using Deadly Furniture 2.3.0 this issue doesn't occur and you can move the NPC straight to a serving plate or display spike, with or without Sexlab Defeat Baka Edition enabled.

Again, I did NOT change anything about the spitroast/spike/plate between 2.3.0 and 2.4.0
From your description and Images, I would guess that something made your victims immortal. If they cannot die, they will go into bleedout state, which will cause the prompt from Defeat to show up and cause issues. But this exact issue would have already been present in 2.3.0

Try to figure out what prevents Hulda (or any other victim) from getting killed by the spitroast (or other devices).

3 hours ago, fmilluminatus said:

What about just a new more realistic animation? I'm pretty good with blender but I have no idea how to import animations from blender into skyrim. If you send me a pre-rigged character in a blender scene, I can do the animation for you and send it back for you to import. (I could do the same for garrote too, I already have some garrote animations.)

That could actually be arranged, and I would be very grateful for it. Are you on Discord by any chance?