16 hours ago, shrtjsrtj said:

The rotating spit was causing CTD's for my PC almost instantly, followers worked and I could put the PC on the plate, preparing spit or the spike just fine though. Well the PC did move her head around a bit on the spike, but doubt it's related.

Thought it was a skeleton issue and it may still be, but was still experiencing it when stopping things from overriding XPMSE and unsure what to look out for.

Nioverride has apparently a small chance to cause CTDs when overrides are applied. But the details here are highly dependent on your games settings, your system specs and the nioverride config. I cant really help you here, you might take a look at nioverrides/racemenus support pages and try to find something there.

If you need details, the spitroast tries to apply node-overrides ans skin-overrides upon entering.

44 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

this would be the correct way.

"doesn't work" is not very helpful -.-

What doesn't work? compiler error? some unexpected effect? any effect at all? whats the exact line of code you used?

Compile error indeed.

(a1R_Kitchen_SpitRoastREF as PamaSpitRoast).switchspin()

Here the message :

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "QF_a1RBegin_End_050BF7F1"...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_PresentationSpike.psc(175,20): KillNoWait is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_PresentationSpike.psc(175,20): cannot call the member function KillNoWait alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_PresentationSpike.psc(207,20): KillNoWait is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_PresentationSpike.psc(207,20): cannot call the member function KillNoWait alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_PresentationSpike.psc(211,20): KillNoWait is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_PresentationSpike.psc(211,20): cannot call the member function KillNoWait alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_PresentationSpike.psc(263,19): KillNoWait is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_PresentationSpike.psc(263,19): cannot call the member function KillNoWait alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_SilverPlate.psc(170,20): KillNoWait is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_SilverPlate.psc(170,20): cannot call the member function KillNoWait alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_SilverPlate.psc(185,21): KillNoWait is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_SilverPlate.psc(185,21): cannot call the member function KillNoWait alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_SilverPlate.psc(218,20): KillNoWait is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_SilverPlate.psc(218,20): cannot call the member function KillNoWait alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_SilverPlate.psc(222,20): KillNoWait is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_SilverPlate.psc(222,20): cannot call the member function KillNoWait alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_SilverPlate.psc(270,19): KillNoWait is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\PamaFurn_SilverPlate.psc(270,19): cannot call the member function KillNoWait alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\pamaSpitroast.psc(289,19): KillNoWait is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\pamaSpitroast.psc(289,19): cannot call the member function KillNoWait alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\pamaSpitroast.psc(536,39): GetPartName is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\pamaSpitroast.psc(583,39): GetPartName is not a function or does not exist
No output generated for QF_a1RBegin_End_050BF7F1, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on QF_a1RBegin_End_050BF7F1

On 1/23/2023 at 7:52 PM, Pamatronic said:

YgNord works fine for me. Must be something else.

Have experimented a bit more and it is connected to the preset face I use somehow.

When I switched to a base face it worked.

Have to check what the preset uses that is not compatible.

Edit:

It was just me being stupid.

The preset was made 2 years ago, and I forgot I used High Poly head at that time, and current build did not use it.

Still looked good though. ?

Unfortunately the low poly version of the preset really did not look good.

Guess I have to change my build to high poly head again.

Edit 2:

It wasn't that easy.

Installed high poly head, but preset still did not work.

Installed two new presets, and they didn't work either.

Vanilla presets still worked.

I guess I will spend quite a bit of time figure this out....

Edited by xtro334
2 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Nioverride has apparently a small chance to cause CTDs when overrides are applied. But the details here are highly dependent on your games settings, your system specs and the nioverride config. I cant really help you here, you might take a look at nioverrides/racemenus support pages and try to find something there.

If you need details, the spitroast tries to apply node-overrides ans skin-overrides upon entering.

Got the same issue with my AE installation. I have a 1.5.97 installation (about the same mods, but a bit older) where everthing seems to work mostly fine (sometimes the skin of a follower is still red after a reload). But with AE, as soon as a follower enters the spitroast a CTD follows. I can enter the spitroast most of the time (80%+) without CTD. 

If its a nioverride problem I'll compare the ini files if there are differences.

Other than that, the mod is great. Thumbs up.

Hey, so while trying out the new update and testing out all the new additions, I've run into a bug where the skin tone of NPC's roasted seems to be permamently changed. Regardless of whether or not I started a new save or restarted my game the NPC's that were roasted in previous saves, as well as the player, didn't seem to reset to their original skin tone.

I'm using RaceMenu and CBBE 3BA if that helps, and below are screenshots of how preset 3 looks and how preset 3 looks with the skin tone set to the lowest preset via RaceMenu.

However, I did run across a fix by deleting all of my existing Skyrim saves; If I had to guess, deleting the save where I first did the tests fixes it. Though that does seem like kind of a scuffed way of going about fixing the issue. Nonetheless, after deleting my saves the issue was gone for both the player and NPC's.

preset_3.PNG

preset_3_minimum_tone.PNG

Edited by ugh223

So I decided to do some testing on the bug I ran into, and it seems that if you decide to load a save that was made before either the player character or an npc was spitroasted, you'll run into the bug as shown in the first screenshot. Additionally, if you save after reloading an older save while having the bugged appearance, that save will also seemingly permanently have the issue. If you load a save of a different character after getting the bug, that character that you load will also be afflicted, and if you save there, the save also permanently gets the bugged appearance.

However, this seems to reset after restarting your skyrim; If you load a bugged save but then restart skyrim before loading any other saves / making new saves, you can safely load any non-bugged saves without issue.

Hope this ends up helping somehow.

Edited by ugh223
23 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Ah, I see. you´ll need these.
(Bit of a trick to allow usage of LE and SSE exclusive functions simultaneously)

put into Data/scripts/source
this should allow scripts referencing the spitroast to compile successfully.
HeadPart.pscPO3_SKSEFunctions.psc

I rewoked Maya killing scene using your scripts, and the files you provided.

It works without problem.

Just need to find the good int number to set the fire to medium, and it will perfect.

Also, I can't interact with corpses on display spikes; I'm certain it's my other mods that are causing this, but im not sure which ones due to the fact that the only other mods I have enabled are either requirements for this mod, or visual / enb mods.

My modlist:

ZAZ 8.0

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended

Water for ENB

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

SkyUI

Skyrim Flora Overhaul

SexLab Framework

RaceMenu

powerofthrees Tweaks

PapyrusUtil

Papyrus Extender

Pama Deadly Furniture

MfgFix

HDT-SMP

Fuz Ro D'oh

FNIS

FleshFX

Expressive Facegen Morphs SE

Enhanced Textures Detail (UV-Tweaks)

Enhanced Lights and FX

ENB Light

ENB Helper SE 1.5 for SSE 1.5.97

DynDOLOD

Dolomite Weathers

CBPC Physics and CBBE

Alternate Start

Adddress Library for SKSE Plugins - All in one (Special Edition)

On 1/22/2023 at 2:11 PM, xtro334 said:

Tried out the spit roast and as soon as body was placed on spit the head and body had different colors.

If I got out of it and opened racemenu body and head synchronized again, but every time placed on the spit there was a color change.

When I started the roasting I noticed that the head did not change color.

So I assume that it is the body that changed color, and that change was not done on head.

Do we need a specific layer of face free for head?

20230122140037_1.thumb.jpg.0129018f09862b0bd03f12269202cbab.jpg

20230122140922_1.jpg

Hey!

I have exactly the same issus. head, handy and feed appear in other colors...

I have "Body slide and outfit studio" installed. Could this be the problem?

Thx @ all! ?

On 1/24/2023 at 9:58 AM, ugh223 said:

Hey, so while trying out the new update and testing out all the new additions, I've run into a bug where the skin tone of NPC's roasted seems to be permamently changed.

just to be clear, this ONLY affects NPC´s? not the player?

Hi, Folkes.

If i kill some naked NPC by a gallow, for example, the NPC stays naked. But if i reload the game, the npc is fully clothed akain. Not naked anymore.

I have that issue only with deadly furnitures. If i kill some NPCs with a sword, they stay naked, even by reloading the game,

THX @ all.

Deadly furnitures is working perfectly now. Only the faces of the NPCs have different colors when killed by the spitroast. ? The body is "brown", but the face / head stays normal. ?

Edited by Vollzonk
11 hours ago, Delzaron said:

Nope.

I used the spike and the spitorast activators presents in the mod. I touched noting.

Ok... Then I'm genuinely puzzled how you managed to achieve this ?.
I'm not using the metalStand animobject anywhere in the entire mod, and the pole should get cleaned up when leaving the spike.
Could this maybe be some Zap9 fuckery on your end?
Does the plate behave correctly?
Does it work if you use the regular interaction prompts?

16 hours ago, ugh223 said:

It affects both NPC's and the player, sorry for not specifying.

Ok then, this issue isnt completely new. Its caused by skyrim not cleaning up overlays between saves, I did include a small cleanup routine to work around this, but apparently it didnt work as planned.

Lets say you have a completely new and unaffected save. Player character enters spitroast, gets crispy and then dies (without moving to spike or plate). What exactly happens here on your game? (Details are important, no matter how insignificant they might appear)

What SHOULD happen is the following:
Screen slowly fades to black and game reload after screen is fully black. skin color should be restored to normal at this point.

54 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

Ok... Then I'm genuinely puzzled how you managed to achieve this ?.
I'm not using the metalStand animobject anywhere in the entire mod, and the pole should get cleaned up when leaving the spike.
Could this maybe be some Zap9 fuckery on your end?
Does the plate behave correctly?
Does it work if you use the regular interaction prompts?

I didn't tested with the regular interaction prompt (except with followers and player) and it works.

I use zaz 8.0.

The problem occurs only with this npc, managed by script commands.

22 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

The problem occurs only with this npc, managed by script commands.

Check your quest fragment script again if you equipped any objects earlier.
Again, the metalstand for the spitroast is simply not included/used anywhere by me, so this must be an error on your end.