Hi Pama,

I have attached the required logs below.

Spoiler

image.png.b2350f8ee97e0bf5b26b673f19de6145.png

I think I can see what the issue is, Follower = None always happens, regardless of whether I actually have followers or not.

I am currently using EFF, I have tested again with AFT and the same thing seems to occur.

The screenshot isn't from the test cell, but the same log nevertheless.

17 hours ago, Evanness said:

I think I can see what the issue is, Follower = None always happens, regardless of whether I actually have followers or not.

I am currently using EFF, I have tested again with AFT and the same thing seems to occur.

Yup, you´re right. Oversight on my end. Apparently i never tested it without having an active follower.

here is a hotfix:

pamaHeadChoppingBlockFurniture.pex

just Drop it into Data/scripts and replace the old one

(or preferably the corresponding location within the mod staging folder of my mod.)

This should work with follower overhaul mods.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention :)

On 7/19/2020 at 9:13 PM, poblivion said:

@Pamatronic  Any news about the guillotine?

I currently don´t have that much time to work on it, since i´m in the middle of exam phase.

But for the those of you interested in the technicals, the basic problem right now is the following:

originally i equipped the invisible dupe with some invisible body replacer, the very instant the spawned. this worked on my system, BUT: if for some reason your pc cannot load the dupes body fast enough, it creates a race condition which causes bodyparts to remain visible. (as demonstrated by Erholung on the previous page).

Stopgap solution i´m currently using, is to pause the script for a split-second after the dupe has been spawned to give the Game enough time to load the actors data. This works, but it will cause the dupe to be visible for this splitsecond.

so i have to options.

1: come up with an idea on where to spawn the dupe. when using this as a pre-placed prop, one could just manually designate an out of sight place for this.

but when using the spawnable variant, it becomes more complicated. (someone has an creative idea, i´m all ears)

2. its technically possible to use functions from NiOverride to make Body(-parts) invisible. But i don't know yet whether this approach would be affected by the same race-condition.

Need to do some more testing on this.

1 hour ago, Pamatronic said:

I currently don´t have that much time to work on it, since i´m in the middle of exam phase.

But for the those of you interested in the technicals, the basic problem right now is the following:

originally i equipped the invisible dupe with some invisible body replacer, the very instant the spawned. this worked on my system, BUT: if for some reason your pc cannot load the dupes body fast enough, it creates a race condition which causes bodyparts to remain visible. (as demonstrated by Erholung on the previous page).

Stopgap solution i´m currently using, is to pause the script for a split-second after the dupe has been spawned to give the Game enough time to load the actors data. This works, but it will cause the dupe to be visible for this splitsecond.

so i have to options.

1: come up with an idea on where to spawn the dupe. when using this as a pre-placed prop, one could just manually designate an out of sight place for this.

but when using the spawnable variant, it becomes more complicated. (someone has an creative idea, i´m all ears)

2. its technically possible to use functions from NiOverride to make Body(-parts) invisible. But i don't know yet whether this approach would be affected by the same race-condition.

Need to do some more testing on this.

Hi, I don't know if I translated everything correctly. But if there is a problem with the visible body (or parts of it) that hve be invisible, maybe I should have an idea.

It might be possible to wear invisible full-body clothing that includes shoes, gloves and a helmet in one piece (something like overalls). In fact, it could be any shape, an object that would replace the whole body and be invisible in the game. If it was some low-poly object without textures its loading should be very fast.

Hi Pama,

The patch you made worked perfectly, thank you for your hard work ?.

To everyone who are suffering the CTD as soon as the blade hits the neck bug, you can just spawn a clone of your character and command it to go to the block. I have found that while not fixing the problem directly, it's a very viable replacement.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:04 AM, Evanness said:

To everyone who are suffering the CTD as soon as the blade hits the neck bug, you can just spawn a clone of your character and command it to go to the block. I have found that while not fixing the problem directly, it's a very viable replacement.

This is actually very easy to fix

Go to RaceMenu\SKSE\Plugins\nioverride try to find [Overlays/Face] and make it look like this

[Overlays/Face] ; "Face [Ovl#]" and "Face [SOvl#]"

; Determines how many face overlays there should be

iNumOverlays=0 ; Default[3]

iSpellOverlays=0 ; Default[1]

On 7/21/2020 at 7:01 PM, poblivion said:

Hi, I don't know if I translated everything correctly. But if there is a problem with the visible body (or parts of it) that hve be invisible, maybe I should have an idea.

It might be possible to wear invisible full-body clothing that includes shoes, gloves and a helmet in one piece (something like overalls). In fact, it could be any shape, an object that would replace the whole body and be invisible in the game. If it was some low-poly object without textures its loading should be very fast.

Interesting Idea, i tried it, but it doesn't work.

problem is the following:

1: script spawns dupe

2: game starts loading Dupes body ( this is always the same body as the original actor´s and cannot be changed )

3: script equips invisible replacer´s

4: Game try´s loading the invisible body ->

case 1: game has already loaded the original body and will now load the invisible replacer ( everything works fine)

case 2: game HASN´T finished loading the original body yet, therefore the request to load the invisible body is blocked (body(parts) remain visible)

So the success rate depends on the Loading Speed of the original Body. the complexity of the replacer seemingly doesn't matter.

23 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

Interesting Idea, i tried it, but it doesn't work.

problem is the following:

1: script spawns dupe

2: game starts loading Dupes body ( this is always the same body as the original actor´s and cannot be changed )

3: script equips invisible replacer´s

4: Game try´s loading the invisible body ->

case 1: game has already loaded the original body and will now load the invisible replacer ( everything works fine)

case 2: game HASN´T finished loading the original body yet, therefore the request to load the invisible body is blocked (body(parts) remain visible)

So the success rate depends on the Loading Speed of the original Body. the complexity of the replacer seemingly doesn't matter.

I have another stupid idea.  (It's probably complete nonsense :classic_biggrin:)

Although I don't know how this happens, and I don't even know if it can be done on purpose, but sometimes some characters and objects can teleport to one place in Skyrim very quickly. The place is a giant camp near Whiterun.  Would it be possible to teleport the body there?

The door was also teleported once on this spot ? This idea may not help you, but maybe it will amuse you.

enb 2020_07_05 17_59_10_11.jpg

9 hours ago, poblivion said:

Although I don't know how this happens, and I don't even know if it can be done on purpose, but sometimes some characters and objects can teleport to one place in Skyrim very quickly. The place is a giant camp near Whiterun.  Would it be possible to teleport the body there?

nice try, but it has to be somewhere in the same cell and on valid navmesh.

Ok, apparently i can´t find a workaround for this stupid issue. To preserve my sanity i´m gonna leave the spawnable variant of the Guillotine until i´m capable of writing SKSE plugins.

As a replacement, i was thinking about setting up 1-2 executions Grounds somewhere in the world which contain the pre-placed variant (this one works fine), together with a selection of the other devices.

I also made a little external mod which allows you to hire Guards to "assist" you in "entertaining" your victims.  (will be a separate release at some point)

@t.ara this is basically the whipping stuff that you wanted.

20200724212007_1.jpg.72099dafac4db29bbd41238ded07a399.jpg

For the Location of the execution Grounds, i wanted to ask for a few suggestions from you Guys since i´m not the most creative Soul under the Sun ?.

(preferably outside of towns, as to avoid issues with city overhaul mods)

9 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

Ok, apparently i can´t find a workaround for this stupid issue. To preserve my sanity i´m gonna leave the spawnable variant of the Guillotine until i´m capable of writing SKSE plugins.

As a replacement, i was thinking about setting up 1-2 executions Grounds somewhere in the world which contain the pre-placed variant (this one works fine), together with a selection of the other devices.

I also made a little external mod which allows you to hire Guards to "assist" you in "entertaining" your victims.  (will be a separate release at some point)

For the Location of the execution Grounds, i wanted to ask for a few suggestions from you Guys since i´m not the most creative Soul under the Sun ?.

Does that mean you'll release the guillotine in it's current state? I'm not gonna lie, I'd love to try it even if it's not perfect. :)

19 minutes ago, P39QNA said:

Does that mean you'll release the guillotine in it's current state? I'm not gonna lie, I'd love to try it even if it's not perfect. :)

Sure, the spawnable variant will be included in its current form. I just have to add a VERY LARGE disclaimer on the frontage about the existing issue. But even with that, i can already feel all the comments complaining about this bug...

Uiih-is that possible inside a real furniture-is that a furniture with a death-option?....If you ride a script inside I would simply add the deadly-chance by properties.

And how are the NPCs gonna be invited?....magnetic force-greet-HELLO, let´s have a little whipping party;-)

A dialogue like (for all NPCs maybe could start this: "do you have time for me and would you like to have some pleasure?..."-so then the NPC is following to the dedicated furnitures...that would be enough in global-whipping time-some loss of health-set-able dying option and a "hello" - goodbye which leaving the "victim" inside of the furniture OR a release function (zap-exit) after the business....

And an option, that the guard is arresting suddenly the player for a same procedure-during the action the gamer has to stay captured.

Another option would be to capture the gamer and the NPC is waiting/ having some "sex" and then let the gamer go again.

This all could become one single PACK. If possible.

4 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

Sure, the spawnable variant will be included in its current form. I just have to add a VERY LARGE disclaimer on the frontage about the existing issue. But even with that, i can already feel all the comments complaining about this bug...

Haha, well people will always find something to complain about, no matter how simple you make it, so don't worry about it. This is still faaaar beyond whatever was done before furniture-wise. :)

The guiloutine´s blade-collision you can simply DELETE from the blade and check if it is helping.

I can later do that in ZAP when I install your stuff in whole there. At the moment I´m busy with some different action inside of the pack.

I have another idea. It's so simple it might work.

I thought of using the "TAI" command.

I tried it on the NPC as soon as the head was chopped off. I expected it to not work and the rag-doll animation would start, but the body remained in the same position.

I did a little testing and unfortunately, this only works for NPCs :pensive:

11 hours ago, P39QNA said:

Haha, well people will always find something to complain about, no matter how simple you make it, so don't worry about it. This is still faaaar beyond whatever was done before furniture-wise. :)

This is really sometimes a good hint. It´s related to all the stuff which is diving SKYRIM to become "sexy".

What is not working for the guiloutine?

If something is driving the game to become risky or with CTD-tendency, it´s better to let it go-in other circumstances can NEW ideas ALSO if they are not READY help for the next STEP-so it´s no bad IDEA to let unfinished stuff to be available. If zazChris would not start with ZAP and if I would not have seen that stuff, I never would mod here.

So add it please and some day it will work.

I added also carriages to ZAP which are not yet physically IDEAL, maybe later somebody is interested and overhauls that stuff, who knows?!

12 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

That place is not bad. If you simply edit the landscape with the landscape editor-tool you can add little dirt-path-ground to get rid of the plants and then its fine. You can spray the ground like in the sims 3 editor....something like that-in CK it´s of course a professional editing with a realistic result.

13 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

I, on the other hand, would suggest a cave or a hill, something with a bit of elevation. That would allow for making self-cleaning blocks and such. Elevation allows you to make body chutes. I played around with broken oar grotto, but it would have a conflict with the lights out quest. Something I don't personally care about tbh, but I can see how that would be a nono for some people. Here's an example of what I mean by self-cleaning blocks. Normally when you do multiple executions with the block, the bodies start to collide immediately so my proposition is a body chute that leads somewhere down, either to a big hole or a river (so that AI doesn't freak out and go to check on the bodies like they usually do). I've put a 90deg bend into mine so the AI can never see the bodies. Who knows, maybe this idea would be adaptable to guillotines and gallows too.

13 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Obviously some sod somewhere will have used some of them for something, but places near cities that seem fairly free for use might be -

Places can be seen on zoomable map found at

https://srmap.uesp.net/

Dawnstar - Hillside to the right as you head south out of the gates, before you get to the 'world encounters' marker

Windhelm - On shoreline, east of stables and the Caravan spot, between Brandy-Mug Farm and Hlaalu Farm

Winterhold - points on the left of the road out of townm as heading to Windhelm

Solitude - road to Dragon Bridge, ground at left of the Y fork leading to the embassy, up hill from the Solitude Military camp

Markarth - road out of town, cross bridge towards miner's barracks/Stone Quarry etc - a fair bit of real estate on the left there seems clear

Falkreath - road east out of town, past the gate, going up the hill - land on right and left there

Morthal - North out of townm past Jorgen/Lami's house, go right past lumbermill - area near waterside seems to be usually left alone

Riften - somewhere near Merryfair Farm could do

Whiterun - as your test mod

Ivarstead - Lots of stuff changes this area but the area/shoreline behind Klimmek's House isn't too occupied

Riverwood - western riverbank, after you've crossed the bridge, below road from Riverwood to Whiterun - the other side is stuffed full by various popular house mods

Other interesting options

- the higher ground to the west end of Angas Mill, near the lake

- ground level @ Valtheim Towers.  Might as well have somewhere to execute the baddies

- shore at Heartwood Mill

- northern shoreline at Half Moon Mill

Anyway, that's my tuppenceworth.  Sure others will have a heap of ideas, probably much better ones too! ?

Fantastic work~

And Pama@Pamatronic, is it possible to tied hands together after chopping block execution, just like your Interactive Gallows?Or will you creat a new execution animation to match your deadly furnitures?(Well, seems ask t.ara better lol)