3 hours ago, t.ara said:

I mentioned that that asset can only be made from scatch NEW. Not possible to edit around with it. It begins with the animation of the blade, the nonsence with the not working rope and then with the participation into a furniture and the activator with collision and a furniture with also collision. I kept that in mind some weeks ago.

thank you a lot :)

1 hour ago, Pamatronic said:

Now in color :

omg-crazy! -and what is happening then???...is the head finding it´s place back on top of the body???

And I have the other version which is working from aside---pendling.

It means there´s now everything available as you have wanted from the start-congratulations!

This is exactly showing again what is possible with a suiting code on furnitures-the best way to go-and you can go on as long you like to improve and let this stuff become MORE exactly, how you want.

HURTING-mechanic

TORTURE-mechanic

GALLOW-mechanic

GAROTTE-mechanic

GUILOUTINE-mechanic

If you like maybe you could try to find a way to improve a SPANKING MACHINE, which I made for skyrim. It´s a really cute stuff to experiment with-this is fact:-)

It is "shooting" one time only because of the vanilla script I used therewith, so it has the trap-blade script inside with some changes of parameters.  THE TINY problem is for now that it is ONE shot only by a TRAP-PLATE.

THE SCRIPT has to be changed / modified to be able to repeat the activation-the activation could come from a furniture use itself, or if a TRAP-STONE is continuously used.

The whip(cane) has collision and pushes the victim little aside-anyway is it working. With a suiting script, this machine can easily being used as a WHIPPING machine in front of suiting furnitures or as a stand-alone "vehicle with an activator/trap-stone or something else.

You can try it and let it become an activator and then find the script for the swinging blade. Inside there you can change some parameters and activate the machine with a trap-stone...the script is reacting on one shot only-not important if you seet the "lever" to loop-shots.

The machine can also cause DECALS if it is given somehow in the script...the common script adds BLOOD splashes to the screen, which is quite well enough if not otherwise possible.

If you can get this somehow to be "working" more with repeatingly whips and maybe with some "health"-loss, I could bring also some different models:-)

This assets is a "clone" of the functions of the trap-blade inside of skyrim-this should help for a setup.

Two ways of use I have in mind:

-as soon an NPC comes onto a trap-stone, it is spanking

-when an NPC is inside a dedicated furniture, it could be optional spanking the victim in time-intervalls, maybe switched on and off by a LEVER

zazWhippingMachineForActivatorUse.7z

On 6/29/2020 at 10:16 AM, t.ara said:

I mentioned that that asset can only be made from scatch NEW. Not possible to edit around with it. It begins with the animation of the blade, the nonsence with the not working rope and then with the participation into a furniture and the activator with collision and a furniture with also collision. I kept that in mind some weeks ago.

Hi t.ara, sorry to bother you again while I find a little aesthesic "glitch". I think you might have be noticed, then I just give my advices here and I would appreciate it if you could investigate this problem when you have time to do rework on this furniture later.

The position of victim's hands on old guillotine looks like not "natural", I have noticed that you have changed the hands in new guillotine into a "half-fisted" posture, which I think is really good and looks much more natural.

The posture of ankles looks really unnatural while the ankles were put into a really twisted angle, I think you could simply consider rotating the feet a little (make the direction of sole to up) to change it into a more natural posture.

Spoiler

1347300888_enb2020_06_3018_08_55_78.jpg.222e5910265bf721a788ee5c8042548d.jpg452894292_TESV2020-05-3015-35-54-20.jpg.822c61ba4272f0aa16713c367e9eeee6.thumb.jpg.81129a2b9b3a3d9b0787e68a7add1448.jpg

On 6/29/2020 at 9:48 PM, P39QNA said:

Is it going to have the same sort of invite functionality as the block? The activator for it I mean.

You mean some sort of Guard coming and releasing the Blade? I´m afraid no. This entire invite NPC´s thing opens up a lot of room for errors, and i feel its the major weakpoint of the chopping Block. I only implemented it there because the Block obviously needs it.

But for this thing, it would be more meaningful to have the executioner be handled by a quest script of a larger mod, just like it was done in Bad Ends.

so, unless someone makes a dedicated animation for an executioner here, i don't see much reason to implement something like this.

On 6/29/2020 at 10:02 PM, t.ara said:

omg-crazy! -and what is happening then???...is the head finding it´s place back on top of the body???

uhmm..., no. It will Fall down and roll around the Ground, just like chopped of heads usually do.

And before anyone asks: no, there wont be a non-lethal variant of this. That would be just dumb.

22 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

You mean some sort of Guard coming and releasing the Blade? I´m afraid no. This entire invite NPC´s thing opens up a lot of room for errors, and i feel its the major weakpoint of the chopping Block. I only implemented it there because the Block obviously needs it.

But for this thing, it would be more meaningful to have the executioner be handled by a quest script of a larger mod, just like it was done in Bad Ends.

so, unless someone makes a dedicated animation for an executioner here, i don't see much reason to implement something like this.

Yeah, I can see how that could create more issues than benefits. Thanks for the answer still and keep up the great work. ;)

As for the head itself - how is it done? Do you just equip a gib on one body and spawn a second one with scaled down torso/limbs to make it look like just the head? Or some other trick? Do you think there is a potential to have a working 1st person view for this? Unlike what happens with the block?

On 6/29/2020 at 10:02 PM, t.ara said:

If you like maybe you could try to find a way to improve a SPANKING MACHINE, which I made for skyrim. It´s a really cute stuff to experiment with-this is fact:-)

Its a cute Idea indeed, i might look into that at some point, but right now im a bit busy with a little joint side-project with PsycheHHH, as well as a university project.

therefore this will have to wait for now.

26 minutes ago, poblivion said:

When will it be possible to try the guillotine ???

I planned to put up an early version for my patrons next week.

The public release will likely be somewhere towards the mid of this month, since i wanted to include the whole MCM integration for the previous devices in the next updates.

20 minutes ago, P39QNA said:

As for the head itself - how is it done? Do you just equip a gib on one body and spawn a second one with scaled down torso/limbs to make it look like just the head? Or some other trick? Do you think there is a potential to have a working 1st person view for this? Unlike what happens with the block?

it spawns in a invisible duplicate actor, which then gets beheaded. the body stays invisible, and the head equips a modified version of the bloody head stump. this way you have the bloody stumps on the head, as well as the body (of the main actor). That means there is no visible difference to a conventional beheading.

As for the 1st person animation:

it is possible to animate camera paths, therefore it could be done. Bit this would have be done by a skilled animator and would therefore be out of my control.

Also, this would mean that this camera path would have to be fixed. you cannot attach the camera to a physics enabled detached head.

2 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

uhmm..., no. It will Fall down and roll around the Ground, just like chopped of heads usually do.

And before anyone asks: no, there wont be a non-lethal variant of this. That would be just dumb.

What?  No sequel entitled 'Headless and Dumb in Gaza'? ;)

2 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

it spawns in a invisible duplicate actor, which then gets beheaded. the body stays invisible, and the head equips a modified version of the bloody head stump. this way you have the bloody stumps on the head, as well as the body (of the main actor). That means there is no visible difference to a conventional beheading.

As for the 1st person animation:

it is possible to animate camera paths, therefore it could be done. Bit this would have be done by a skilled animator and would therefore be out of my control.

Also, this would mean that this camera path would have to be fixed. you cannot attach the camera to a physics enabled detached head.

Wouldn't it be possible to just swap places? The main actor gets invisible body and the duplicate one gets invisible head?

Sorry for asking so many technical questions but I always wondered how vanilla skyrim does this, and how your method works compared to that.

3 hours ago, P39QNA said:

Wouldn't it be possible to just swap places? The main actor gets invisible body and the duplicate one gets invisible head?

Sorry for asking so many technical questions but I always wondered how vanilla skyrim does this, and how your method works compared to that.

in order to actually get a head to detach from an actor. i need ém to go through one of the vanilla animations which has a decapitation. (In this case the chopping block animation).

And because you want your your visible actor to play the Guiloutine´s animation (rather than the Blocks), you need the dupe to be invisible, and its head to become visible at the right moment.

3 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

in order to actually get a head to detach from an actor. i need ém to go through one of the vanilla animations which has a decapitation. (In this case the chopping block animation).

And because you want your your visible actor to play the Guiloutine´s animation (rather than the Blocks), you need the dupe to be invisible, and its head to become visible at the right moment.

Ok, yeah that makes sense, thanks. :)

4 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Welp the way the vanila animations do, is with flags.
Basicly the original animations have flags at certain timestamps that cause the actor neck bone to be detached and equip the decapitated head neck stumps.
These flags can be found in every single animation that has heads flying.

To my knowledge it is the same system that was used in Falout 3.

You can actually do limb dismemberment with this, if your detach the limb bones and equip stump for them. I do not know if the flags for this are intact in the Skyrim engine.
Deadly mutilation managed to do it, but it needs the vanila skeleton to function properly, because of bone tags.

If you want to edit the animations to properly use decapitation and event flags, you will need the original havok tools for it.
Since Microsoft bought Havok they are not available any more, but most animators have the original toolkit saved.
You can ask people for it. ?

5 hours ago, z3r0 said:

If you want to edit the animations to properly use decapitation and event flags, you will need the original havok tools for it.
Since Microsoft bought Havok they are not available any more, but most animators have the original toolkit saved.
You can ask people for it. ?

If possible, this would have happened for a long years ago, during that time, when this tools were officially available. but I don´t like to drop your enthusiasm-always welcome:-)

4 hours ago, t.ara said:

If possible, this would have happened for a long years ago, during that time, when this tools were officially available. but I don´t like to drop your enthusiasm-always welcome:-)

Deadly Mutilations did it, although that uses a different trigger for it, to my knowledge.
Problem is that anything that replaces the main body mesh, like the way armor works, will disable the mutilation effects.

(EDIT: I checked, DM actually uses state change checks on player movement and blood decal placement checks to see wich part to mutilate.)

This is because the armor will be missing mutilated meshes and is either:
A, not referenced by the mod.
B, Is trying to load missing resources, so there is no change to the meshes used by the actor entity.

So every single non-vanila armor you add into the game that replaces the main body mesh needs a custom "resource pack" that contains every single mutilated mesh (and maybe also their combinations).
So basicly it is a lot of work for minimal gain.

You could also do it with interrupted split animations:
Part A of animation: Blade starts dropping and reaches halfway through neck.

Part B of animation (this is a new animation or stage):  Triggers script on animation/stage change, script pops head off and the blade falls to its emd of travel.
But this could result in stuttered or repeating animations on an over-modded Skyrim or if the user is running the game on a dial up washing machine. 

(I don't want to sound aggressive or lecturing I just like technical discussions that go into detail. My sincere apologies if I was offensive.)

36 minutes ago, z3r0 said:

Deadly Mutilations did it, although that uses a different trigger for it, to my knowledge.
Problem is that anything that replaces the main body mesh, like the way armor works, will disable the mutilation effects.

(EDIT: I checked, DM actually uses state change checks on player movement and blood decal placement checks to see wich part to mutilate.)

This is because the armor will be missing mutilated meshes and is either:
A, not referenced by the mod.
B, Is trying to load missing resources, so there is no change to the meshes used by the actor entity.

So every single non-vanila armor you add into the game that replaces the main body mesh needs a custom "resource pack" that contains every single mutilated mesh (and maybe also their combinations).
So basicly it is a lot of work for minimal gain.

You could also do it with interrupted split animations:
Part A of animation: Blade starts dropping and reaches halfway through neck.

Part B of animation (this is a new animation or stage):  Triggers script on animation/stage change, script pops head off and the blade falls to its emd of travel.
But this could result in stuttered or repeating animations on an over-modded Skyrim or if the user is running the game on a dial up washing machine. 

(I don't want to sound aggressive or lecturing I just like technical discussions that go into detail. My sincere apologies if I was offensive.)

From what i can see, i highly doubt that Deadly mutilation does "real" dismemberment.

I cannot know for sure since the current downloadable version doesn't include the source files, but it doesnt have an SKSE plugin, and that means that its limited to the normal papyrus functions provided by SKSE.

And what that means is:

It cannot have a dismember Function.

there is such a function present within the creation engine, but its a fallout exclusive function as of now, because the skyrim version hasn't been decoded by the SKSE team yet.

what i THINK deadly mutilation does (speculation incoming):

i think it uses equippables to hide bodyparts and equip stumps, and spawns in arm/leg/torso like looking objects (which arent actually part of the actor).

this theory is supported by the Fact that it has tons of arm/leg/gore .nifs included and doesn't work on custom armor.

(No need to be afraid of sounding lecturing :) i´m quite grateful to have some useful input on this topic here)

11 hours ago, z3r0 said:

Welp the way the vanila animations do, is with flags.
Basicly the original animations have flags at certain timestamps that cause the actor neck bone to be detached and equip the decapitated head neck stumps.
These flags can be found in every single animation that has heads flying.

problem with that is, that FNIS doesn't set those flags in the behavior files.

I tried the following;

-got the Vanilla .hkx file of the chopping block animation

-used FNIS to create a new animation with this exact .hkx file

-tried to play it ingame

result:

-the animation plays just fine, but the head wont come of (neither will the sounds be played or the actor be killed)

-(the sounds and actor dying can be achieved by adding some flags into the FNIS_List, but it cannot set thje flag for decapitations)

So i think think the most promising way to do it would be:

-trying to isolate the memory address of the dismember/decap Function

-write an SKSE Plugin to make that Function available to papyrus.

of course, writing SKSE plugins is pretty much the ultimate thing you can do in terms of skyrim modding, therefore its not exactly easy.

BUT: I have seen a discussion on Nexus on how someone managed to do this exact thing with the SGTM function (which is usually a console-only function)

its something i definitively want to try at some point, but i dont think this will produce usable results anytime soon.