@zaira Could you please confirm these 3 bugs in current version:

- slavezone restraint equip not working

- You are now the slave whore of [...] instead of npc name

- pimp keeps saying: this is for you, over and over again 

Just asking to make sure everything is fine with my game.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Jappa123 said:

Could you please confirm

No sorry. I have no time and no energy to analyse bug reports like this yet. I play MEP twice a week and fix whatever I find. But my setup is very MEP centric: I use only Sexlab and ZAP.

I do modding not as a BDSM game publisher or service provider, I do modding just for fun - it is a hobby and I do it for my own pleasure.

You don't spend even a single cent for MEP so let me say: If you want to have a bug fixed you have to spend much more effort:

• Reproduce it in a clean environment without other BDSM mods or mods that changes actor behaviours because I will not sacrifice my valuable free time for the analysis of foreign mods just to check if MEP works in this combination. I am so tired of doing this.
  • Reproduce it with a clean save. Every MEP session I play is always a new game! MEP is intended to be used as a BDSM sandbox and not as a mod in classical manor.
  • Identify your game play history that leads to the issue in a reproducible way - what has happened before the issue occurs.

And after that you can collect log files and send them to me and I will take a look into it.

The only alternative is to hide MEP behind a pay wall like Patreon and then - after I reach a certain amount of permanent income - I would spend more time for bug fixes.

Don't understand me wrong: I am willing to fix bugs - but I am not willing to do your work. A bug report needs a little bit of qualification.

45 minutes ago, zaira said:

No sorry. I have no time and no energy to analyse bug reports like this yet. I play MEP twice a week and fix whatever I find. But my setup is very MEP centric: I use only Sexlab and ZAP.

I do modding not as a BDSM game publisher or service provider, I do modding just for fun - it is a hobby and I do it for my own pleasure.

You don't spend even a single cent for MEP so let me say: If you want to have a bug fixed you have to spend much more effort:

• Reproduce it in a clean environment without other BDSM mods or mods that changes actor behaviours because I will not sacrifice my valuable free time for the analysis of foreign mods just to check if MEP works in this combination. I am so tired of doing this.
  • Reproduce it with a clean save. Every MEP session I play is always a new game! MEP is intended to be used as a BDSM sandbox and not as a mod in classical manor.
  • Identify your game play history that leads to the issue in a reproducible way - what has happened before the issue occurs.

And after that you can collect log files and send them to me and I will take a look into it.

The only alternative is to hide MEP behind a pay wall like Patreon and then - after I reach a certain amount of permanent income - I would spend more time for bug fixes.

Don't understand me wrong: I am willing to fix bugs - but I am not willing to do your work. A bug report needs a little bit of qualification.

I completely understand that, i'm just really happy that you still work on it, it is such a great mod with a lot of content,

Was asking about these 3 bugs since i didn't have them in previous version, and i'm not an expert but they seems easy to fix.

Thanks! 

17 hours ago, Jappa123 said:

I completely understand that, i'm just really happy that you still work on it, it is such a great mod with a lot of content,

Was asking about these 3 bugs since i didn't have them in previous version, and i'm not an expert but they seems easy to fix.

Thanks! 

Are you using the english conversion by another person. Zaira has nothing to do with that.  The (pimp keeps saying: this is for you, over and over again) problem was not there before the second iteration of the english conversion. it goes away changing cell or if you have interaction with some other mod take control. Slave zone restraints not working has always been glitchy but that could be due to not having enough content which Zaira has said certain portions of the mod are not complete. The third bug you listed I believe comes from the english version written by another modder.

The slave collar appears to be missing from the later esp files however if you simply add a collar from ZaP to fix, maybe the thinking is that you actually define an outfit instead upfront (not sure, but a feasible way forward as it allows you to customise).

The pimp keep saying, seems to only happen with the English translation (Bmc's one, not AHWAs) although if you drop the the original mariabase back in it goes but your pimp sure has a bladder issue!

The missing name (you are now slave whore of ...) haven't noticed any side effects on this one.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 12:18 AM, kimkama said:

Do you have plans for fellow prostitutes?

No. I am still stabilizing what is there. My long term plan is to bring more and more slavery aspects back into the gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, sorina123 said:

Schonmal daran gedacht Spenden auf Patreon anzunehmen für die Mod? Ich verfolg deine Arbeit jetzt schon seit Tag 1, und kann es jedes mal kaum erwarten wenn neuer Content herauskommt, das was du machst is ziemlich gut in meinen augen.

Everything I made is heavily based on assets made by others for free (sexlab, zap) therefore I would feel uncomfortable to ask for money.

New content will be released soon - I re-implemented the slave training part of MEP 1 and progressing really fast because such quests in a controlled single cell context are easy to write.

I stand at a crossroads - I have to decide how to use assets from other mods:

ZAP 8 is a monster mod with zillions of assets and lots of the furnitures are automatically adding cuffs to actors or select random idles.

DD has some decent AA animations for cuffs but it overloads the gameplay with implicit mechanics that I don't want.

I think about collecting things I really use and putting own FNIS files and scripts on top of it - you get a dependency to the assets of ZAP and DD but not to their esp files.

The reason - in MEP:

1. restraints are controlled by quests

it breaks immersion if furnitures swaps or equips restraints on their own and it leads to heavy script workarrounds to take back the control

2. spectators shall react on furnitures

it breaks immersion if the furniture selects random idles because I get no feedback about what is really happening in the furniture

3. locking restraints on actors (like DD and ZAP do) provides a poor user experience

the player lose control, especially DD impacts the gameplay a lot with its armor swapping and script mechanics. But this locking is an illusion because everybody could open the console and do what they want. You pay for this illusion with a lot of script load and strange visual effects.

I don't want to restrict peoples gameplay - they shall have fun and don't fiddle around with the console if things going mad.

Restraints have only a minor importance in my mod, I don't want to waste my time with all aspects of restraints management. I would rather like to invest this time in quests and stories.

4. I use an extremely limited amount of assets

I don't want to throw thousands of assets into the game and I am unable to keep control over my quests when there are 100 different X-Crosses, 200 poles and 50 different cuffs in the game.

5. Mod collaboration is hard to achieve

There is no common accepted framework for factions and keywords. DD decided to drop ZAP keywords and this doubles my efforts in quests and scenes. I have resigned myself to the fact that my mod will always remain an isolated playground. If I need something for my quests I have to do it on my own.

So I will likely start with asset isolation in next release

OH: I consider doing the same thing with some SLAL packages - since even there is no common sense of animation tagging and that makes it hard for me to select the right animation for a certain quest context.

Same probably for SlaveTats...

4 hours ago, zaira said:

OH: I consider doing the same thing with some SLAL packages - since even there is no common sense of animation tagging and that makes it hard for me to select the right animation for a certain quest context.

This might be an opportune moment to point out that i really like the way ME handles playing animations. When i first encountered the pop-up asking me to choose animation to play, i kind of disliked it as i thought it was breaking immersion. Now i got used to it and wish every mod had that option. It's nice to be able to choose the animation you think best fits the situation, and the favorites option allows you to keep track of those animations you like best. Please keep this in the mod whatever else you decide to do, or at least make it optional if possible for those that don't like it. ?

4 hours ago, zaira said:

I stand at a crossroads - I have to decide how to use assets from other mods:

ZAP 8 is a monster mod with zillions of assets and lots of the furnitures are automatically adding cuffs to actors or select random idles.

DD has some decent AA animations for cuffs but it overloads the gameplay with implicit mechanics that I don't want.

I think about collecting things I really use and putting own FNIS files and scripts on top of it - you get a dependency to the assets of ZAP and DD but not to their esp files.

The reason - in MEP:

1. restraints are controlled by quests

it breaks immersion if furnitures swaps or equips restraints on their own and it leads to heavy script workarrounds to take back the control

2. spectators shall react on furnitures

it breaks immersion if the furniture selects random idles because I get no feedback about what is really happening in the furniture

3. locking restraints on actors (like DD and ZAP do) provides a poor user experience

the player lose control, especially DD impacts the gameplay a lot with its armor swapping and script mechanics. But this locking is an illusion because everybody could open the console and do what they want. You pay for this illusion with a lot of script load and strange visual effects.

I don't want to restrict peoples gameplay - they shall have fun and don't fiddle around with the console if things going mad.

Restraints have only a minor importance in my mod, I don't want to waste my time with all aspects of restraints management. I would rather like to invest this time in quests and stories.

4. I use an extremely limited amount of assets

I don't want to throw thousands of assets into the game and I am unable to keep control over my quests when there are 100 different X-Crosses, 200 poles and 50 different cuffs in the game.

5. Mod collaboration is hard to achieve

There is no common accepted framework for factions and keywords. DD decided to drop ZAP keywords and this doubles my efforts in quests and scenes. I have resigned myself to the fact that my mod will always remain an isolated playground. If I need something for my quests I have to do it on my own.

So I will likely start with asset isolation in next release

Well, i think we need to wait for zap 9 and see what it really has to offer,  not only hundreds of new furnitures but also a lot of new equippable restraints. 

3 hours ago, jc321 said:

Not sure if it's available for SE but is Heritical Resources an option for restraints. Hasn't been updated in ages so maybe something you could use without fear of an update breaking your mod? 

Unfortunately HR was made for melon breast bombshells. All my (UNP/UUNP) actors looks natural and if I try to compress HR restraints to a realistic body mass the restraints look and feel becomes awful. Things like nipple clamps are floating above the breasts like halos no matter how much I compress them.

So even if I like the HR restraints pretty much because they fit so well to the game environment I will never use or support them.

3 hours ago, Teddar said:

This might be an opportune moment to point out that i really like the way ME handles playing animations.

I will not change the animation selection and you can still decide to ignore my "meta SLAL" packages. It is all about tagging - I need to know which animations takes care about restraints, where the actors were penetrated, where the victim likely never gets an orgasm.

For example lots of SLAL blowjob packages let the victim have an orgasm - this is really annoying and immersion breaking.

3 hours ago, Jappa123 said:

we need to wait for zap 9

t.ara showed us a lot of breathtaking restraints and furnitures - but by my free time is limited even in this COVID 19 phase. I will likely pick some of the best furnitures and support them in MEP quest - at least those that works in SE and fits to the mid age style of Skyrim.

12 hours ago, zaira said:

t.ara showed us a lot of breathtaking restraints and furnitures - but by my free time is limited even in this COVID 19 phase. I will likely pick some of the best furnitures and support them in MEP quest - at least those that works in SE and fits to the mid age style of Skyrim.

Tara is great but likes to create pretty things and she has created a lot but does not have the scripting skills necessary.  ZAP needs the core system upgraded but that is an enormous undertaking that no one is willing to commit to. Every one was hoping you would come out with a newer system but real life is not allowing that so until someone with scripting ability is willing to take on that undertaking we are stuck with half fixes and mods are limited to older out of date core system. Thanks for all your work your mods are fun as hell and I have learned enough to modify them slightly to make Maria game playable and serve fantasy.

9 minutes ago, BigOnes69 said:

ZAP needs the core system upgraded but that is an enormous undertaking that no one is willing to commit to.

@Musje has volunteered for it. The challenge is truly epic in view of the masses of elements.

I resigned to concentrate on my own mod.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have one suggestion during auction when player is about to be locked in cell I think that wrist restraint should be also equipped and maybe add another "scene" locked in bdsm furniture. 

So basically just like in Inn, option menu will appear with different scenarios to choose from.