Update:

I found and fixed a bug that caused the mod to treat vendors as unowned containers when selling them weapons or clothes. In addition to rolling back some ineffective compatibility fixes with Hardship. I will release an update of Scavver's Closet when the next AAF is released, alongside an update of Hardship which will actually fix the issues such as duplicating armor and clothes dropped by Hardship. (Hopefully.) 

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the code just to see if there's a global I could modify to change the % chance I think I found a bug.

in _T_playerInventory.psc. @line 783. Should it be "If _T_WearItOut.GetValue() == 1" instead of "If _T_WearItOut.GetValue() == 0"?

;Vanilla Clothes handling          
             If _T_GlassesList.HasForm(akBaseItem) == 0 && _T_ClothingMasterList.HasForm(akBaseItem) == 1
               ;Dresses            
               If _T_NoCloud.GetValue() == 1 && _T_DressList.HasForm(akBaseItem) == 1
                   Utility.Wait(0.3) 
                   _T_ClosetQuest.SellClothes()
                   Utility.Wait(0.3)                 
                   Yes()
                   Utility.Wait(0.1)
                   Debug.MessageBox("You wouldn't be caught dead wearing something like this, but it might be worth something.") 
               Else              
                 If FitChance == 0 || _T_Trading.GetValue() == 1 
                   If _T_Trading.GetValue() == 0 
                      WeCantSeeEm() 
                   Endif   
                   PlayerRef.EquipItem(akBaseItem)
                   Utility.Wait(0.3)
                   _T_ClosetQuest.MyClothes() 
                   Utility.Wait(0.3)                 
                   Yes()
                   Utility.Wait(0.1)
                   Debug.MessageBox("To your delight, the clothing fits you quite well!") 
                   Utility.Wait(0.1)
                   If _T_WearItOut.GetValue() == 0
                      PlayerRef.EquipItem(PClothes, abSilent = True)
                   Endif   

• 3 weeks later...

Just started playing with this....Having an issue using this with CWSS working showers and toilets. The mod will undress my character who then drops my armor to the ground when unequipped . After doing my business, the mod will redress my character, but your dropped armor still remains on the ground, basically duplicating the item. Happens every time leaving me with multiples of my armor. 

3 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Just started playing with this....Having an issue using this with CWSS working showers and toilets. The mod will undress my character who then drops my armor to the ground when unequipped . After doing my business, the mod will redress my character, but your dropped armor still remains on the ground, basically duplicating the item. Happens every time leaving me with multiples of my armor. 

Of all my mods this is the one least likely to play nice with others. It's kind of a mess. I have safeguards to prevent Hardship from doing this but as of now it doesn't play that well with other mods. Safest bet is to take off the armor before you use the facilities. More immersive anyway, or disable the torso encumbrance when you run mods that strip you (other than hardship). I might come up with a better way to do it in the future.

On 12/14/2020 at 6:14 PM, jbezorg said:

Looking at the code just to see if there's a global I could modify to change the % chance I think I found a bug.

in _T_playerInventory.psc. @line 783. Should it be "If _T_WearItOut.GetValue() == 1" instead of "If _T_WearItOut.GetValue() == 0"?

I'll look into this when I get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loaded this mod mid-game. When I load a save, the mod seems to process weapons in a way that removes them from my favorites menu and the first weapon is equipped instead of what i had before.

E.g. i drop a save (after installing the mod) while holding a pipe rifle favorited to 1. When I load that save, i'm now holding a pipe pistol that was in my inventory and i can't switch to the rifle. I get a corner message saying the mod's initialized.

Could be because I've left the weapon wear option disabled, but the mod's somehow checking every weapon anyway? Any suggestions for preventing this mod from resetting my equipped weapon and favorites like this? Thanks!

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Nuka Cherry said:

I am guessing this does not play nice with modded weapons added to the game, or does it also break them?

Trying to build a really harsh list and most loot mods are still too generous for me, so trying to fix the problem at source! Thanks for the work.

1 hour ago, tuxagent7 said:

Hummm i don't remember but it still is a fantastic mod !

To be honest, even I don't remember at this point. This is my least supported mod (well almost) If you try it I suggest you do so on a new character and not get too attached. Someday I'd like to retool this or hand it off to somebody with the skill and time to do the concepts more competently :) 

If anybody wants to take over this mod please IM me.

On 8/4/2021 at 7:54 PM, Tentacus said:

To be honest, even I don't remember at this point. This is my least supported mod (well almost) If you try it I suggest you do so on a new character and not get too attached. Someday I'd like to retool this or hand it off to somebody with the skill and time to do the concepts more competently :) 

If anybody wants to take over this mod please IM me.

I understand completely - the mod mostly works and I run a heavily modded game (400+) so any problems might be script lag. Issues included:

1. Successfully finding a weapon (i.e. rusty pipe) causes the same class of weapon you are using and favourited - to be unequiped and unfavourited.
  2. Sometimes some containers forget you put a working weapon in, and then rerolls the scrap test when you take it out. For example, I gave codsworth 1 rusty pipe (and only 1) to carry, when I took it back off him it was scrap. This happened a few times.
  3. The clothing check causes armour to be unequiped.
  4. The limit on items is buggy - especially when you are using a backpack. When you get stripped (i.e. combat lite strip) and you lose the backpack and you are over your normal body limits - this causes all sorts of issues.
  5. Once, when looting a raider, it caused all the weapons I was carrying to reroll the scrap test and be destroyed (only happened once in 6 or so hours).

Nothing major, it was a fun playthrough and the despite the issues I faced, made for an interesting experience.

7 hours ago, Nuka Cherry said:

I understand completely - the mod mostly works and I run a heavily modded game (400+) so any problems might be script lag. Issues included:

1. Successfully finding a weapon (i.e. rusty pipe) causes the same class of weapon you are using and favourited - to be unequiped and unfavourited.

Huh. 

1. Sometimes some containers forget you put a working weapon in, and then rerolls the scrap test when you take it out. For example, I gave codsworth 1 rusty pipe (and only 1) to carry, when I took it back off him it was scrap. This happened a few times.

Ooooh I never considered actor containers AT ALL... D'oh.

1. The clothing check causes armour to be unequiped.

Yes. You have to try on the clothing. That's intentional. :)

1. The limit on items is buggy - especially when you are using a backpack. When you get stripped (i.e. combat lite strip) and you lose the backpack and you are over your normal body limits - this causes all sorts of issues.

Yeah, next to safe containers this is the part that needs the most attention. 

1. Once, when looting a raider, it caused all the weapons I was carrying to reroll the scrap test and be destroyed (only happened once in 6 or so hours).

Nothing major, it was a fun playthrough and the despite the issues I faced, made for an interesting experience.

Thanks.

Like I said, this concept is sound... and I love some things like not being able to pocket heavy weapons but Unless somebody actually technically inclined like @EgoBallistic or @requiredname65 for example wanted to take this over It'll probably remain a failed experiment.

I do still use this and am generally happy with it, so thanks again for making and sharing it.

On the subject of incomplete implementations though, glasses seem to not get quite the same treatment as weapons or clothing. If I find a usable pair of glasses, then stick them in a container (including a workshop or an NPC), then retrieve them again, I'm likely to be told they're broken. I know you're not expecting to continue development on this mod, but if someone does it would be nice if they worked the same way as the other scavenged items.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I do still use this and am generally happy with it, so thanks again for making and sharing it.

On the subject of incomplete implementations though, glasses seem to not get quite the same treatment as weapons or clothing. If I find a usable pair of glasses, then stick them in a container (including a workshop or an NPC), then retrieve them again, I'm likely to be told they're broken. I know you're not expecting to continue development on this mod, but if someone does it would be nice if they worked the same way as the other scavenged items.

Hmmm yeah that might be an oversight... but really. Who keeps their glasses in a drawer? ?

Edited by Tentacus

What i i liked the most about the mod is the encumbrance factor with the Backpack.

I was limited to put things in these and made it hard to bring lots of clothes or guns

A heck of a mod @tentacus

I wish somebody would give it some love because it was is a great concept !

Edited by tuxagent7

It is really impactful mod in exactly the right ways and I was sad to leave it off my list. I do not mind it being on the backburner, as Hardship is one of the cornerstones of my mod order and I would prefer not distracting you with glitches in a mod that works, fine, most of the time.

Still, your feedback helped me see how I could get it back in ?.

The companion container thing is really helpful - means I will only give a weapon to a settler or companion. The armor removed also makes sense now (duh). The main issue is the backpacks - I use combat lite strip in an aggressive way - basically my armor gets shredded on each hit. So my weight resetting is an issue. I could leave backpacks off the CSL list, but it looks a bit silly to me.

Hmm. Will see if I can figure out a workaround.

Edited by Nuka Cherry
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I was just curious... I'm considering loading up some Skyrim SE after being on quite the FO4 binge. I love this mod, using it in conjunction with Combat Strip. Does anyone know if there is a mod that does something similar for Skyrim SE? **EDIT - Mortal Weapons and Armor does the similar thing for Skyrim SE. It's a LL mod for anyone interested **

On the topic of this mod... I was wondering if you'd ever consider adding an armor check in addition to clothing. The armor always fits (unless I've missed a setting). Be nice to have the armor go through a size check also.

Love the mod. It is a must for me now.

Edited by Plaguetard
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Abadyrizk said:

"It'll probably remain a failed experiment"?! u consider this mod a failed experiment? @Tentacus man I can not find any mod on any website that have inventory management & limitation like this one its really good, BUT! I'm here to ask about a guide on how to make patches for weapons mods :P if possible I love this mod! :D Thank you for the awesome mods! 

Scavver's Closet weapons handling is driven by formlists, so adding support for mod-added weapons isn't too hard.

1. Load up FO4Edit, making sure Scavvers_Closet.esp is enabled, as well as the ESP files for whatever weapons you want to add support for.
  2. Copy the following FormID Lists from Scavvers_Closet.esp into a new plugin file: _T_HeavyGunList, _T_MasterGunList, _T_BrokeAssGunsList, _T_NormalGunList, _T_ImmortalGunList, _T_DurableGunList, _T_LongGunList, _T_PistolList
  3. Add the ESP files that you want to add support for as masters for your new plugin file.
  4. Add your weapons to the appropriate FormID Lists, based on their weapon types
  5. Add your weapons to the appropriate FormID Lists, based on how durable you think they are

For weapon type, it depends on whether the weapon is a pistol, rifle, heavy weapon, or melee weapon

• If your weapon is a pistol, add it to _T_PistolList and _T_MasterGunList
  • If your weapon is a rifle, add it to _T_LongGunList and _T_MasterGunList
  • If your weapon is a heavy weapon, add it to _T_HeavyGunList (you should not add it to _T_MasterGunList)
  • If your weapon is a melee weapon, don't add it to any list; Scavver's Closet doesn't handle melee weapons.
  • If, like a number of vanilla weapons, your weapon can change between being a pistol and a rifle based on weapon mods, you'll have to make a judgment call as to whether it should be treated primarily as a pistol (like the pipe gun and pipe revolver), or as a rifle (like the laser gun, plasma gun, gamma gun, and pipe bolt-action gun)

For weapon condition, you'll have to make a judgment call as to which list, if any, it belongs to. All I can do is give some guidelines based on looking at the FormID Lists myself

• Melee and heavy weapons shouldn't be added to any list, since they aren't affected by the weapon condition system anyways
  • Unique weapons, like Deliverer and the Alien Blaster, should be added to _T_ImmortalGunList
  • Most energy weapons, such as the laser, plasma, and gamma guns, as well as the Institute-specific laser guns (but not the laser musket), should be added to _T_ImmortalGunList
  • Makeshift weapons, like the various pipe guns, should be added to _T_BrokeAssGunsList
  • Weapons that aren't semi-automatic or automatic, such as hunting rifles (bolt action), .44 pistols (double action revolver), and double-barrel shotguns (break action), should be added to _T_DurableGunList
  • Anything else should be added to _T_NormalGunList

Also, I just want to note that a lot of "unique" weapons, like Kellogg's pistol, are just a regular weapon with predefined weapon mods and legendary effect, and don't have a separate base weapon form, and so will end up going through the weapon condition system.

Edited by fish00

Speaking of that, I've decided to go ahead and make a patch adding the DLC weapons to the appropriate lists. You'll need Automatron, Far Harbor, and Nuka-World in order to use the patch.

Spoiler

Automatron weapons:

Tesla rifle: rifle, immortal

Salvaged assaultron head: pistol, immortal

Far Harbor

Harpoon gun: heavy weapon

Radium rifle: rifle, normal

Lever action rifle: rifle, durable

Nuka-World

Acid Soaker: pistol, immortal

Thirst Zapper: pistol, immortal

Handmade rifle: rifle, normal