A few notes before I go off to work on Hardship.

I do have future plans for this mod. I'd like to add ammo encumbrance, and Melee weapons. I'd like to have some kind of condition element to the melee. I'd like to add vanilla armor with pouches as a way to carry extra aid and ammo. I'd also like tio add an optional movement speed penalty to weilding the heaviest heavy weapons (again similar to Halo), when not in Power armor. The last item I'd like to figure out how to apply to NPCs as well. (balance out those minigun a-holes at Olivia)

But all that is on hold for now as I have much bigger commitments.

Note: about how to play with this mod. From a Roleplaying perspective I think changing sliders around situationally makes sense and isn't immersion breaking. If your player is gearing for particular situations, think of it as redistributing weight. As long as you always lower something when raising something else it's legit.

Note: about the new version. MOST of you are probably gonna want to raise the default no pack aid item amount.  the default is 5. As a true Masochist I set it as low as 2 :D

In general you are gonna want to check your settings if starting the new version on an existing save as  you'll want to adjust for the new Backpack system. On an existing save the new defaults won't set in and your old settings will remain for guns and clothes.

Just added this note to the OP: 

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES hit the take all button!!

Upon removal of all owned keyworded items the container's keyword will be removed.

NOTE: If you do accidentally take all, you can save the game then reload, and the keywords should be restored on load!

16 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Version 1.1.2 is up!

Great stuff going to play it today, love the update with the hardcore encumbrance

Finally we can no longer have 394 stimpak in our pocket and gazillion guns !

Going to double check if i take one item or the other when exploring

16 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Fixed bug

I would say stop finding bugs ! But when you do, you fix and you add plenty of new features :P 

4 hours ago, Tentacus said:

I do have future plans for this mod.

Continuing the progression of the mod, love that you make everything customizable, good ideas

4 hours ago, Tentacus said:

But all that is on hold for now

Nice ! Hope it's Hardship Final with hotkey

22 minutes ago, tuxagent7 said:

Nice ! Hope it's Hardship Final with hotkey

Yeah Gotta push to the final stretch but it's daunting, spent the afternoon redoing my Nexus profile instead :p.  I'll get up to speed soon enough though.

7 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

redoing my Nexus profile

I bet that Scaver Closet could be a mod of the month there

You were in the zone with Scaver, but once you jump in Hardship Pool of Codes, you will find yourself swimming in it.  Maybe bugs may try to drown you thought :P

Just now, tuxagent7 said:

I bet that Scaver Closet could be a mod of the month there

Oh I'm gonna put it up when it's feature complete. I prefer the LL ecosystem for uploading and feedback, so from now on I'll probably post all my clean mods here first, get the kinks worked out then put them on Nexus.

BTW, I am sorry 1.1+ has been so buggy. When I first did this it was just a mini palate cleanser mod I made in a weekend. If I thought I'd end up expanding it this much I'd have started with an alpha and beta. I probably should have when I rewrote the whole thing... Oh well... Live and learn.

16 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

I prefer the LL ecosystem for uploading and feedback

When reading the forums and the comments, i find LL being more a relaxed and laidback community than the nexus most of the time.

16 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

I am sorry 1.1+ has been so buggy

Well the mod screamed to be expanded with so much potential.

Still i suck at being a bugtester ... for me it seemed the mod worked really well.  I was good with it but hell i am now fantastic with all the new features .

If i remember reading about Hardship when starting the mod, you expanded a lot from the start to the finish.

It all begin with a spark and then the fire rise but you must be careful with it because we wouldnt want you to burn yourself

2 hours ago, Tburgundy said:

The MCM toggle for fusion cells doesn’t seem to work, off or on its telling me that the fusion cells aren’t any good.

Oh shit... I bet I forgot to actually put the check in the script. I'll take care of that ASAP.

There I fixed it.

UPDATE 1.1.3 is out:

What's New in Version 1.1.3

-Fixed bug: Repaired MCM switch for Perishable Fusion Cells

Freakintastic

Decided to go help Travis the radio guy, took a backpack and put some supplies in it for the road.

Yeah that should be enought went to Beantown and got ambushed by a raider.

He destroyed my backpack (with Nakedbasic) and everything inside disappeared with the bag.

I was quite in a pickle and survived barely.

Did not have my backpack no more, so i had to leave without the loot :P

Scaver Closet made a walk in the park a rollercoaster ride ! 

1 hour ago, tuxagent7 said:

Hello,

Me again,

If i wanted to put the Advanceds Needs  Aid items, could i do it with the form list id in FO4 Edit ?

Probably, I'm pretty new to using formlists and have never messed with them in FO4Edit. That'd require making it a dependency. It's better to add it to the script as I do now. How many items we talking about? If it's just a few I can do that for you.

This is how I do it:

Spoiler

Function CheckForPlugins()     
 Armor Bag1 = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000FB0, "Scavver's Backpacks.esp") as Armor
 Armor Bag2 = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x000035DC, "Scavver's Backpacks.esp") as Armor  
 Armor Bag3 = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000F5BE, "MilitarizedMinutemen.esp") as Armor    
 Armor MMUni = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000F9A, "MilitarizedMinutemen.esp") as Armor
 Armor MHOutfit = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000849, "CROSS_MojaveManhunter.esp") as Armor
 Armor MHDuster = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000085B, "CROSS_MojaveManhunter.esp") as Armor  
 Armor BHOutfit = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000081E, "CROSS_BrotherhoodRecon.esp") as Armor
 Armor BHOutfitOfficer = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000822, "CROSS_BrotherhoodRecon.esp") as Armor
 Armor BHOutfitNPC = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000825, "CROSS_BrotherhoodRecon.esp") as Armor 
 Armor BHLongCoat = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000081F, "CROSS_BrotherhoodRecon.esp") as Armor
 Armor BHLongCoatOfficer = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000821, "CROSS_BrotherhoodRecon.esp") as Armor
 Armor BHLongCoatNPC = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000824, "CROSS_BrotherhoodRecon.esp") as Armor 
 MiscObject Can = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00001739, "Give Me That Bottle.esp") as MiscObject
 MiscObject Carton = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000173B, "Give Me That Bottle.esp") as MiscObject
 Potion CigCart = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00001EED, "Smoke-able Cigars.esp") as Potion
 Potion CigPack = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00001EE8, "Smoke-able Cigars.esp") as Potion
 Potion PWCigCart = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00002696, "Smoke-able Cigars.esp") as Potion
 Potion PWCigPack = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00002693, "Smoke-able Cigars.esp") as Potion
 Potion CigBox = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000268B, "Smoke-able Cigars.esp") as Potion
 Potion CigBoxSF = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000268D, "Smoke-able Cigars.esp") as Potion
Utility.Wait(0.3)

If Game.IsPluginInstalled("Give Me That Bottle.esp") == True           
    If _T_Gimme.GetValue() == 0
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.AddForm(Can)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.AddForm(Carton)       
       Utility.Wait(1)
       Debug.Notification("Give Me That Bottle added to Scavver's Closet") 
       _T_Gimme.SetValue(1)
    Endif  
  Else 
    If _T_Gimme.GetValue() == 1
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.RemoveAddedForm(Can)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.RemoveAddedForm(Carton)       
       Utility.Wait(1)
       Debug.MessageBox("WARNING! \n \n Give Me That Bottle NOT FOUND! \n \n removed from Scavver's Closet") 
       _T_Gimme.SetValue(0)
    Endif      
  Endif

If Game.IsPluginInstalled("Smoke-able Cigars.esp") == True           
    If _T_Cigs.GetValue() == 0
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.AddForm(CigPack)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.AddForm(CigCart)   
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.AddForm(PWCigPack)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.AddForm(PWCigCart)    
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.AddForm(CigBox)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.AddForm(CigBoxSF)                    
       Utility.Wait(1)
       Debug.Notification("Smoke-able Cigars, Cigarettes, and joints added to Scavver's Closet") 
       _T_Cigs.SetValue(1)
    Endif  
  Else 
    If _T_Cigs.GetValue() == 1
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.RemoveAddedForm(CigPack)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.RemoveAddedForm(CigCart)    
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.RemoveAddedForm(PWCigPack)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.RemoveAddedForm(PWCigCart)    
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.RemoveAddedForm(CigBox)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_AidList.RemoveAddedForm(CigBoxSF)               
       Utility.Wait(1)
       Debug.MessageBox("WARNING! \n \n Smoke-able Cigars, Cigarettes, and joints NOT FOUND! \n \n removed from Scavver's Closet") 
       _T_Cigs.SetValue(0)
    Endif      
  Endif

If Game.IsPluginInstalled("Scavver's Backpacks.esp") == True           
    If _T_ScavPacks.GetValue() == 0
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_Bags.AddForm(Bag1)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_Bags.AddForm(Bag2)       
       Utility.Wait(1)
       Debug.Notification("Scavvers Backpacks added to Scavver's Closet") 
       _T_ScavPacks.SetValue(1)
    Endif  
  Else 
    If _T_ScavPacks.GetValue() == 1
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_Bags.RemoveAddedForm(Bag1)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_Bags.RemoveAddedForm(Bag1)       
       Utility.Wait(1)
       Debug.MessageBox("WARNING! \n \n Scavvers Backpacks NOT FOUND! \n \n removed from Scavver's Closet") 
       _T_ScavPacks.SetValue(0)
    Endif      
  Endif

If Game.IsPluginInstalled("MilitarizedMinutemen.esp") == True 
    If _T_MilMinMen.GetValue() == 0
      _T_Bags.AddForm(Bag3)
      Utility.Wait(0.1)
      _T_ModClothesList.AddForm(MMUni)
      Utility.Wait(0.1)
      _T_MyForms.AddForm(MMUni)
      Utility.Wait(1)
      Debug.Notification("Militarized Minutemen added to Scavver's Closet")
      _T_MilMinMen.SetValue(1)
    Endif  
  Else   
    If _T_MilMinMen.GetValue() == 1
     _T_Bags.RemoveAddedForm(Bag3)
     Utility.Wait(0.1)
     _T_ModClothesList.RemoveAddedForm(MMUni)
     Utility.Wait(0.1)
     _T_ModClothesList.RemoveAddedForm(MMUni)
     Utility.Wait(1.0)
     Debug.MessageBox("WARNING! \n \n Militarized Minutemen NOT FOUND! \n \n removed from Scavver's Closet") 
     _T_MilMinMen.SetValue(0) 
    Endif
  Endif  

If Game.IsPluginInstalled("CROSS_MojaveManhunter.esp") == True     
    If _T_Manhunter.GetValue() == 0
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.AddForm(MHOutfit)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.AddForm(MHDuster)
       Utility.Wait(1.0)
       Debug.Notification("Mojave Manhunter added to Scavver's Closet") 
       _T_Manhunter.SetValue(1)
    Endif  
  Else 
    If _T_Manhunter.GetValue() == 1
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.RemoveAddedForm(MHOutfit)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.RemoveAddedForm(MHDuster)     
       Utility.Wait(1)
       Debug.MessageBox("WARNING! \n \n Mojave Manhunter NOT FOUND! \n \n removed from Scavver's Closet") 
       _T_Manhunter.SetValue(0)
    Endif      
  Endif

If Game.IsPluginInstalled("CROSS_BrotherhoodRecon.esp") == True  
    If _T_BHRecon.GetValue() == 0
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.AddForm(BHOutfit)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.AddForm(BHOutfitOfficer)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.AddForm(BHOutfitNPC)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.AddForm(BHLongCoat)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.AddForm(BHLongCoatOfficer)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.AddForm(BHLongCoatNPC) 
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_ModClothesList.AddForm(BHOutfitNPC) 
       Utility.Wait(0.1) 
       _T_ModClothesList.AddForm(BHLongCoatNPC)  
       Utility.Wait(1)
       Debug.Notification("Brotherhood Recon added to Scavver's Closet") 
       _T_BHRecon.SetValue(1)
    Endif  
  Else 
    If _T_BHRecon.GetValue() == 1
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.RemoveAddedForm(BHOutfit)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.RemoveAddedForm(BHOutfitOfficer)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.RemoveAddedForm(BHOutfitNPC)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.RemoveAddedForm(BHLongCoat)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.RemoveAddedForm(BHLongCoatOfficer)
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_MyForms.RemoveAddedForm(BHLongCoatNPC) 
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_ModClothesList.RemoveAddedForm(BHOutfitNPC)  
       Utility.Wait(0.1)
       _T_ModClothesList.RemoveAddedForm(BHLongCoatNPC)     
       Utility.Wait(1)
       Debug.MessageBox("WARNING! \n \n Brotherhood Recon NOT FOUND! \n \n removed from Scavver's Closet") 
       _T_BHRecon.SetValue(0)
    Endif      
  Endif  

EndFunction

Note: If anybody wants a gun, outfit or aid item added and wants to do the leg work of looking up the forms and adding them to that function in the format above I will gladly compile and add it to the mod, (assuming I agree it's worth lengthening the OnPlayerLoad Function for that particular mod) All I'll have to do is add a global variable for each mod to the plugin in the CK to manage the install/uninstall part. Just make up a name for one using my _T_ Prefix (IE: _T_AdvNeeds2) Backpacks will require editing the MCM as well, so contact me first before doing those.

31 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Probably, I'm pretty new to using formlists and have never messed with them in FO4Edit. That'd require making it a dependency. It's better to add it to the script as I do now. How many items we talking about? If it's just a few I can do that for you

Thanks

It was more of a question then doing it, while viewing the esp to check under the hood and looking at others mods

Don't want to change your focus on Hardship :)

Just now, tuxagent7 said:

Thanks

It was more of a question then doing it, while viewing the esp to check under the hood and looking at others mods

Don't want to change your focus on Hardship :)

I added a code snippet in the post above that shows how I do it.

10 hours ago, jbezorg said:

Ran into a conflict with real handcuffs, Scaver's closet inventory limits, and AAF Violate. An endless cycle of checking clothing added to inventory, and dropping it.

20200521232034_1.jpg

Interesting, I'll look into it. No idea why real Handcuffs would have any interaction with it though, much less violate. It only rejects things on my form lists. I could use more details. Exactly what were the events leading to this?

Okay wait Real Handcuffs uses the backpack slot. That means you are down to your base carry limit. Try upping that but also... you can't even pick up stuff while wearing real Handcuffs... :(    ????? I am confused.

Hey, you should probably set the Template Armor record on all the "Your (armor)" records to point to the vanilla version of the armor, so that if another mod modifies the vanilla version, you won't need another patch to also apply those changes to this mod.

Scratch that, turns out that the Template Armor setting doesn't work quite how I thought it would

On 5/22/2020 at 9:39 AM, Tentacus said:

Interesting, I'll look into it. No idea why real Handcuffs would have any interaction with it though, much less violate. It only rejects things on my form lists. I could use more details. Exactly what were the events leading to this?

Okay wait Real Handcuffs uses the backpack slot. That means you are down to your base carry limit. Try upping that but also... you can't even pick up stuff while wearing real Handcuffs... :(    ????? I am confused.

Yeah. You can't pick up anything when handcuffs are equipped.

Perhaps you could place a non-respawining container in a test cell and move picked up item into that. Then run the fit tests & carry limit tests summing what's already in the player inventory and in the test cell container. It the tests pass then place in the player inventory or hold them in the test cell container until real hands cuffs are removed (or any other conflicting mod condition is no longer active). If they fail the place at the player. 

I have a question: why use form lists to detect whether a weapon is a pistol/rifle/heavy weapon instead of using the vanilla keywords? Using the keywords would mean having automatic support for mod-added weapons, as well as automatically adapting for weapon modifications that change the weapon's type.

1 hour ago, Fish0 said:

I have a question: why use form lists to detect whether a weapon is a pistol/rifle/heavy weapon instead of using the vanilla keywords? Using the keywords would mean having automatic support for mod-added weapons, as well as automatically adapting for weapon modifications that change the weapon's type.

I don't remember why. I might re-examine doing it that way when I have time.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, subman109 said:

Anyone have the problem where if you try and switch it from off to on it won't save in MCM, making the mod not work?

This is interesting. Some people are having this issue in Hardship too, but there seems to be no logical cause. I'd try re-downloading and reinstalling the mod and the MCM. Maybe even F4SE. Let me know if that helps.

There is nothing fancy about the toggle it's a simple binary switch of a global variable. It can't not work for some people and work for others unless there is something drastically systemically wrong elsewhere.

59 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

I really like this mod, but it wants to trash 98% of every outfit I pick up which makes my boobilicious clothing mod cry its eyes out. I hate suggesting stuff I know nothing about, but is there a way to control the percentage of clothing to be refused?

Maybe. After I push Hardship 1.5.9A out I'll have a look. I could use a couple of days away from that mod lol.

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2020 at 5:53 PM, Tentacus said:

Maybe. After I push Hardship 1.5.9A out I'll have a look. I could use a couple of days away from that mod lol.

On a related note, as I'm really enjoying this with the recommended Myopia Simulator, I'd love some MCM knobs or automatic heuristics to leave me stumbling around half-blind slightly less. Like if you could (even if only slightly) increase the odds of finding not-broken glasses when you don't already have a pair in your inventory, also maybe loose in containers rather than only with clothing... I tend to get captured and stripped, robbed blind (literally), et cetera remarkably often and it takes an age to resolve. Realistic, I know, but the realism/gameplay balance isn't quite there unfortunately and instead of being titillatingly frustrating it often runs over into just normal frustrating. Even vendor lists are fairly unlikely to include any most of the time. And I like being able to see my character's eyes, but with my ENB preset it seems like every pair of glasses except the plain eyeglasses is opaque/mirrored (even the ones from the thick-rimmed mod), so I hoard them in my settlement workshops when I do come across any (also somewhat realistic I suppose, but in survival-like no-fast-travel it can sometimes be a while before I can make it home to fetch another pair).

Also for possible consideration:

Slick Shades - Absurdly Customizable Glasses

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46252

They're customizable, don't look half bad, and I can actually see my eyes when modified at an armor workbench to have clear lenses.