2 hours ago, Tburgundy said:

It was very early in a new game, first time I’ve ever been that desperate for a gun, lol.

I found the problem. I basically put the exact opposite of the check in there, so yeah you'll always get scrap when buying pipe guns... oooops.  So yeah don't do that until I can upload the next version.

BTW the next version will also utilize the militarized minutemen backpack as a functional one, as it's rather nice.

I wanted to add Survivalist go bags as well but there are too many challenges involved there. (Like the fact that there are a TON of different esp options.) There are also just too many packs in there, I MIGHT just add the dufflebag just for the one weight I personally use as that's the one pack I ever use from there and it's the only one that meshes well withThe scavvers packs which have built in straps.

Shit. There is a pretty bad bug I didn't know about. It's looking like the keywords aren't persisting on the guns after a reload which means even the owned guns will be checked again if you drop them. I'm surprised nobody has noticed this yet. 

I think I can get around this by reapplying the owned keyword to any guns in your inventory on load. I'll try that tomorrow. 

I really like this idea, especially the part with the heavy weapons and how you carry them.

I think one of the biggest things that Bethesda dropped the ball on, is that when they made the new power armor system (which is awesome compared to older games), they didn't do power armor specific firearms. Why does my power armor glove fit in the trigger guard of any pistol? Why can I run around without power armor firing a mini gun like nobodies business?

There doesn't seem to be any mods that fixes this.

Okay so I fixed the bug mentioned above (thanks once more to egoballistic) But there is still gonna be an issue with containers. If you put your weapon in a container,  save and load it will lose it's owned keyword. I imagine this will affect the backpack too. The only way I can think to get around this is adding a shortcut key you can toggle that when active makes any gun you pick up "owned". I wish there was a more automatic solution.

Okay I actually think I have a decent solution. It seems if you give a world object a keyword it'll keep it... so I just have to add a _T_Owned Keyword to any container that you put an Owned gun/mod added clothing item in that way when you pull it out I can make it owned again.. This CAN be eploited as ANY item in that container will be owned when you pull it out so RP responsibly, you're only cheating yourself ?

Update:

My container solution actually worked shockingly well! with any (a lot of) luck this is the last bug/technical hurdle and tomorrow I can concentrate on adding a couple of clothing mods and testing so I can release this. 

20200508153256_1.jpg.af14a0c592931f53d8b604fca7e70a14.jpg  20200508153306_1.jpg.17825eb3f4e3c7163eee716973bc7ffa.jpg

20200508153318_1.jpg.27f4774ff57deed6dbe0fceeb9c14446.jpg   20200508153327_1.jpg.bb94a30feee3b23c400a5a68bd3d1d9f.jpg

BTW The owned keyword I add to the container doesn't make it intrinsically safe... you still have to worry about the vanilla concerns of whether the container is safe or not. It only addresses how my mod interacts with the items inside.

EDIT: Just noticed the typos in the message boxes. I'll fix those ?

Well this is weird. Something about adding Niero's mods is breaking my onItemAdded event.

Edit: Okay, I think I figured it out, I didn't restore my event filters after one of my checks. That was freakin me out. Fixing this helped me find another problem, where encumberance would sometimes fire after the ownership check and put an owned item in it's original container. This would be bad with the new container system :)

1 hour ago, tuxagent7 said:

Bad Niero's mod ! Must delete now

Don't need no mod that wants to scew around the Closet :P

Nah this one was totally my fault. My code for dealling with mod added clothes was super illogical I must have been really tired when I coded that. 

As long as I'm fixing shit I added one more Encumberance system. I had to do a workaround to get the Mojave Manhunter vest to work with it, as It has it's own script that was interfering, but it's such a cool piece of bodarmor that I decided it was worth the effort.

20200509125704_1.jpg.ef21eba45d11d2973e23b27104aafa98.jpg

Version 1.1.1 is up!

What's new in 1.1.1 EXTREMELY VITAL UPDATE!

1.1.1 Introduces a LOT of vital bugfixes. It will be the only version abailable and all users are urged to update. It adresses issues I did not know about the Fallout 4 Inventory system, such as the fact that keywords on items in the players inventory or containers DO NOT PERSIST after a reload. This means that the Gun system introduced in 1.1.0 is basically useless for actual gameplay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The info in this section only applies to guns and mod added clothing that is in the sorting list:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've made every effort to address that in this update. Now on load, all guns and mod added clothing items that need it will be sorted and have their ownership keywords restored. Likewise the backpack will run the same procedure on it's contents whenever you put it on. This works pretty much seamlessly.

Somewhat stickier is the issue of containers. Containers have the same issue with eating keywords. The way I've come up with to get around this is whenever you add an item with the _T_ Owned Keyword to a container it will get an keyword of it's own to tell the mod that you own whatever is inside. This can be exploited potentially so RP responsibly. When you first add an owned object to the container you will get a warning telling you to close the container so that it can be sorted.  DO THIS. After the message about the keyword being added you can freely add more items to the container. 

When retrieving owned items... ESPECIALLY after a reload it is of VITAL importance that you remove them one at a time (You will be prompted when this is necessary) 

20200509152953_1.jpg.2c9908b8705092841f28406c64a2bc64.jpg

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES hit the take all button!!

Upon removal of all owned keyworded items the container's keyword will be removed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW FEATURES:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added support for several clothing mods:

Militarized minutemen:

Uniform

Full support

Backpack

(note MM backpack autoequips much slower than the Scavvers packs... no idea why. Can be added with MCM like the Scavver packs)

Mojave Manhunter:

Duster 

Outfit

(Encumberance only)

Vesta new armor is picked up

(Vest uses new torso armor encumbrance system )

Brotherhood Recon:

(Leveled items have full support, constructable encumbrance only).

Torso armor encumbrance:

Functioning similarly to how heavy gun emcumbrance works, you can only pick up one torso armor at a time and it auto equips. On enequip it drops. (The vest added by Mojave Manhunter can be unequipped but will still drop if another armor is added, I had to do it this way to accommodate a script on the armor) Can be toggled in the MCM.

Actually playing this mod a bit now along Hardship I have to say. It's pretty fun. :D But now I just wanna make it way more granular... add aid items, ammo, and melee weapons to the HC encumbrance... But alas I really have to work on Hardship now. 

Also depending where you alt start it's really not that hard to find Scavvers backpacks on dead gunners and raiders.

I'm probably gonna rewrite the way backpacks work as the way I have it is kinda half assed and easy to break. In the future the backpack slider value will be how many items MORE than your base value you can carry rather than both sliders being an absolute situational value. This'll prevent you from going full potato and making it so you can carry more without a pack than with, and might even make the code faster as it'll be less conditional.

Found another bug where removing the backpack might give you the "one item at a time" message from the owned containers. That will be fixed too.

I do have some good news though, I've figured out a cleaner way to prevent the backpack from taking your equipped clothes and weapon so now your weapon will no longer unequip when you take off the backpack or load the game. (or rather it will re-equip itself)

Okay I lied...

Version 1.1.2 is up!

The bug fixes were too important to wait, but that means this has only been clinically tested. For that reason I'm leaving the old version up for now, but this version should be much better. Anyway let me know if I missed any bugs. If not this will probably be the last update for a while as I need to concentrate on Hardship.

NEW FEATURES:

Improved Backpack system:

Backpacks are now additive rather than replacing the base carry amount. This offers more flexibility and less bugginess, and is just generally more realistic.

Perishable fusion cells:

The Gun condition sorting ignores energy weapons for compatibility reasons, but I personally think laser weapons are far too easy to get. If I can't have the guns be broken why not the ammo? I mean, yes Fusion cells are modern marvels, but no battery is gonna lie around for 200 years and work 100% of the time. When selected this makes only 1 in 3 Fusion cell pickups viable.

Hardcore encumberance for food, drinks, meds, chems, ingredients, empty water bottles, and Molotovs:

These are all handled by one set of sliders. Imagine how nerve wracking it will be to have to choose between food, water and stimpacks... Suddenly that psycho addiction seems a whole lot worse.

"Why molotovs?" you might ask... Well if everything else that comes in a bottle is covered why not? Unlike grenades you can't attach molotovs to a belt or bandolier, or easily pocket them. It makes sense to me anyway.

-Slightly lowered glasses drop rate.
-Greatly Lowered glasses drop rate if wearing supported glasses. (Eyeglasses, Black Rim)
-added code to prevent putting on a backpack while wearing one.
-Added support for The mod Smoke-able Cigars, Cigarettes and joints (cartons, packs, and boxes encumbrance)
-Added support for The mod Give Me That Bottle (Empty Water cans and cartons encumbrance)
-Fixed bug: Keyword check on bag drop
-Fixed bug: Unequipped weapon after keyword replenish
-Fixed bug "close pipboy" message only displaying after pipboy is closed.

20200512200431_1.jpg.61981070ce5e97f55dc822467ce4b1f3.jpg

20200512200411_1.jpg.0e830c916c70ade9ad5208bc060f81da.jpg