I added vanilla eyeglasses with no face bones to prevent deformation that occurs on most faces as an optional download. Caveat: I don't know if this will negatively effect any NPCs or not.... But the mod is just 2 nifs so can be removed at any time.

Note: You may have to adjust your character's ear position for best results.

Love this mod and it keeps getting better. Really helps with RP immersion.

To reduce to pop-up spam can we get an auto-scrap option for all but legendary equipment?

Any plans to add grenades and explosives? I mean, do you really want to try to disarm that 200 year old frag mine? Or that questionable explosive made by raiders out of bottle caps and a lunchbox?

15 hours ago, jbezorg said:

Love this mod and it keeps getting better. Really helps with RP immersion.

To reduce to pop-up spam can we get an auto-scrap option for all but legendary equipment?

Any plans to add grenades and explosives? I mean, do you really want to try to disarm that 200 year old frag mine? Or that questionable explosive made by raiders out of bottle caps and a lunchbox?

Anything's possible but this mod probably won't get any attention for quite a while as I have my hands full with Hardship.

Hello!  I just started using this mod and I'm really enjoying it -- it's something that this game desperately needs for immersion.  There is one issue, though, that I'm running into.  I'm not finding anything in the forum either, unless I overlooked it.  If so, I apologize.  Nonetheless, whenever I'm trying to loot a food item, such as purified water, dog meat, etc., it's recognizing it as a weapon (as whatever last weapon I had equipped, actually), if I have Hardcore Encumbered enabled.

I also ran into another issue, but after further troubleshooting I'm not able to replicate it.  So, maybe putting the esp very first in the load order fixed it, or maybe it was just a weird fluke.  Either way, just FYI.  Here was the scenario:  After killing a boss, the mod did it's check on some spike armor (vanilla modified to skimpy armor with 2pac's Skimpy Armor mod), said it fit, but it put it back into my inventory not as the normal spike armor but as "Your Spike Armor".  When I equipped it, it vanished my feet; it filled both arm and leg slots, along with the chest; and I couldn't stow it in anything.

Finally, quick question:  The clothing check, is it based on a certain percentage rate, or does the mod check armor/clothing fit based on gender (a female PC can't wear a male NPC's gear and vice versa if a male PC looting from a female NPC)?

3 hours ago, OlBenny said:

Hello!  I just started using this mod and I'm really enjoying it -- it's something that this game desperately needs for immersion.  There is one issue, though, that I'm running into.  I'm not finding anything in the forum either, unless I overlooked it.  If so, I apologize.  Nonetheless, whenever I'm trying to loot a food item, such as purified water, dog meat, etc., it's recognizing it as a weapon (as whatever last weapon I had equipped, actually), if I have Hardcore Encumbered enabled.

That's an awfullty weird one. I'll look into it when I can. I'm not sure how this can happen unless the wrong keyword is applied at some point. When I get into testing Hardship I'll be running Scavvers along with it so hopefully I can recreate this issue. It'll be a bit before I get to it though.

I also ran into another issue, but after further troubleshooting I'm not able to replicate it.  So, maybe putting the esp very first in the load order fixed it, or maybe it was just a weird fluke.  Either way, just FYI.  Here was the scenario:  After killing a boss, the mod did it's check on some spike armor (vanilla modified to skimpy armor with 2pac's Skimpy Armor mod), said it fit, but it put it back into my inventory not as the normal spike armor but as "Your Spike Armor".  When I equipped it, it vanished my feet; it filled both arm and leg slots, along with the chest; and I couldn't stow it in anything.

If that skimpy mod is just a replacer that uses the original clothing item's nif's name it should have worked normally. If it uses an esp, it might need further looking into. Nothing jumps out at me that could have caused this :( This mod is currently my most janky and overcomplicated one. I'll probably do another revision to it when I have time but that's gonna be a while.

Finally, quick question:  The clothing check, is it based on a certain percentage rate, or does the mod check armor/clothing fit based on gender (a female PC can't wear a male NPC's gear and vice versa if a male PC looting from a female NPC)?

It's just a random dice roll. Some items like vault suits and labcoats are exempt. The only gender bias is if you choose the non crossdressing option and then your male character won't try on dresses.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having some issues with this mod, maybe a conflict: sometimes when the backpack is unequipped, either by another mod or manually, a new armour called Default will show up in my inventory and be equipped. I'm assuming this is something that is internal to Scavver's, but is somehow showing. I'm also seeing weapons lose all of their mods and become the base version on dropping and picking the backpack back up sometimes. The weapon will also sometimes return to the modded version again.

6 hours ago, xtremeGoose said:

I'm having some issues with this mod, maybe a conflict: sometimes when the backpack is unequipped, either by another mod or manually, a new armour called Default will show up in my inventory and be equipped. I'm assuming this is something that is internal to Scavver's, but is somehow showing. I'm also seeing weapons lose all of their mods and become the base version on dropping and picking the backpack back up sometimes. The weapon will also sometimes return to the modded version again.

Uh as far as I know that has nothing to do with this. I don't remember there being any item in the mod called default even internally, though It's been a long time since I looked at it so be my guest to look through the armor forms in Fallout 4 Edit and get back to me if I'm wrong. I might have a peek when I am less busy, but I'm 99.9999% sure. It might have something to do with the backpack mods themselves I know that the backpack for Militarized minutemen has some kind of scripting for instance IIRC.

2 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Uh as far as I know that has nothing to do with this. I don't remember there being any item in the mod called default even internally, though It's been a long time since I looked at it so be my guest to look through the armor forms in Fallout 4 Edit and get back to me if I'm wrong. I might have a peek when I am less busy, but I'm 99.9999% sure. It might have something to do with the backpack mods themselves I know that the backpack for Militarized minutemen has some kind of scripting for instance IIRC.

Hmmm... at least that gives me somewhere to start looking I guess. Perhaps there's scripting on the armour itself as well? The weird effect on weapons is happening to vanilla guns, so perhaps that's some interaction with the backpacks themselves?

2 hours ago, xtremeGoose said:

Hmmm... at least that gives me somewhere to start looking I guess. Perhaps there's scripting on the armour itself as well? The weird effect on weapons is happening to vanilla guns, so perhaps that's some interaction with the backpacks themselves?

Sorry I didn't read the whole thing I'm a little pressed for time lately. As far as the weapon issue goes I dunno... I haven't thought about this mod for months and don't remember how I fixed that issue but I'm pretty sure I did. I'll have a look when I can. There is only so much you can do to prevent such things though as if you have multiple versions of the same gun type in your inventory the vanilla engine can't tell them apart and will drop whichever one it feels like, though I think I took precautions against that happening to your equipped gun. Again , it's been a while. 

This thread honestly isn't all that long. You'd probably have better luck reading back over it to find info than asking me at this point.

• 1 month later...

Can we have a hot key to unequip the backpack at will? Having the advanced needs mod  and each time my char go to bathroom outside on floor on the unequiping she throws the pack but somthing happens to the mod on the redressing asking for close pipboy but it isn't opened and I end up with 2 backpacks, the one I had and was unequiped and stayed on floor and the second one that gets equipped and loose color changes done to it, tyvm for this mod, gives more sense to the storage

20 hours ago, magnusx said:

Can we have a hot key to unequip the backpack at will? Having the advanced needs mod  and each time my char go to bathroom outside on floor on the unequiping she throws the pack but somthing happens to the mod on the redressing asking for close pipboy but it isn't opened and I end up with 2 backpacks, the one I had and was unequiped and stayed on floor and the second one that gets equipped and loose color changes done to it, tyvm for this mod, gives more sense to the storage

I'm pretty busy RN, but I'll keep this in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found a pretty bad incompatibility between this and my other mod Hardship. When Hardcore Encumbrance is enabled it will re-equip your outfit at various inappropriate times and depending on your Hardship settings, duplicate it. For now I don't recommend you use this mod with Hardship, but if it's already on your save you can still use them together by disabling HC Encumbrance, and Torso Encumbrance in the MCM.

I will work on fixing this ASAP... IF possible.

This is also a "hardship" mod, in a different kind of way.  Personally it sounds like a real improvement, and I instantly recognize where the idea comes from: that stage where you just have enough of everything, and then even too much.

Its a real problem though, logically speaking.  Objects do a lot of work irl.  So its no surprise most games sorta gloss over the absence of material limits of objects, such as differences in how clothing fits.  If youve ever tried to wear a pair of shoes which was too small, you know those aren't trivial differences.  

But I think this mod is really about reducing abundance, and it has my interest.  (I dont think I can use it now, though)   

@Tentacus

I'm about to start trying this mod out now, that I've seen it's been supported and updated frequently. Looks awesome.

Few questions though:

-Does it matter if I'm using CBBE or Fusion Girl?

-Am I understanding this correctly: When you receive an owned item and put it in a container, the container status now assumes everything inside is "Owned"?

-Why exactly is removing all items at once so bad for the game? There's no way around this at all? (nbd just curious)

-And lastly, are all mod-added items supported, or just the ones listed (mojave/recon/etc...)

I was thinking of running this alongside my "tribal-minimalist" modlist, where the player character only has 1 pair of clothing. Will this actually allow me to limit the amount of clothes I find/run around with?

1 hour ago, DremoraDream said:

@Tentacus

I'm about to start trying this mod out now, that I've seen it's been supported and updated frequently. Looks awesome.

Uh... It's probably my least suupported mod other than Hospitality. :) I only updated it cause I found a REALLY bad incompatibility with Hardship.

Few questions though:

-Does it matter if I'm using CBBE or Fusion Girl?

Not at all. 

-Am I understanding this correctly: When you receive an owned item and put it in a container, the container status now assumes everything inside is "Owned"?

Yes, though it's been long enough... don't ask me how it works.

-Why exactly is removing all items at once so bad for the game? There's no way around this at all? (nbd just curious)

See above... I don't remember. I'm sure it's documented in the thread though.

-And lastly, are all mod-added items supported, or just the ones listed (mojave/recon/etc...)

No. Only what's supported. This is mostly a mod for people wanting a more bare bones survival experience. It's also my most fiddly and tempermental mod, but it does have some cool features.

I was thinking of running this alongside my "tribal-minimalist" modlist, where the player character only has 1 pair of clothing. Will this actually allow me to limit the amount of clothes I find/run around with?

That's it's primary function... to make it harder to find clothes and guns. The encumbrance stuff is where it gets fiddly but try it and see if you like it.

If you ever decide you want to further augment this with additional Myopia Simulator QoL improvements (since MS is itself effectively abandoned though I get it's also fairly tangential to this mod), I'd love to see eyewear spawn more frequently on its own in containers and corpses, be sold more often by vendors, or adding a crafting recipe of some sort. Too many encounters with other mods result in eyewear being stripped or stolen that I spend more time than is reasonably fun hunting for a new pair or giving up and cheating with player.additem to just get it over with.

Or maybe I just need to step up and learn how to make a mod which does those things.

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

Uh... It's probably my least suupported mod other than Hospitality. :) I only updated it cause I found a REALLY bad incompatibility with Hardship.

Not at all. 

Yes, though it's been long enough... don't ask me how it works.

See above... I don't remember. I'm sure it's documented in the thread though.

No. Only what's supported. This is mostly a mod for people wanting a more bare bones survival experience. It's also my most fiddly and tempermental mod, but it does have some cool features.

That's it's primary function... to make it harder to find clothes and guns. The encumbrance stuff is where it gets fiddly but try it and see if you like it.

Ah, okay I thought I saw a few updates to this the past month.
Even still, I'll give it a go. Most armors from the base game are what I see in leveled lists anyway. 

8 minutes ago, DremoraDream said:

Ah, okay I thought I saw a few updates to this the past month.
Even still, I'll give it a go. Most armors from the base game are what I see in leveled lists anyway. 

Yeah that was my thinking. Most big "Play dressup" clothing packs like VTAW don't have leveled list integration to begin with :)  Skimpy replacer type packs like Classy Chassis are already compatible.

35 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

If you ever decide you want to further augment this with additional Myopia Simulator QoL improvements (since MS is itself effectively abandoned though I get it's also fairly tangential to this mod), I'd love to see eyewear spawn more frequently on its own in containers and corpses, be sold more often by vendors, or adding a crafting recipe of some sort. Too many encounters with other mods result in eyewear being stripped or stolen that I spend more time than is reasonably fun hunting for a new pair or giving up and cheating with player.additem to just get it over with.

Or maybe I just need to step up and learn how to make a mod which does those things.

I'll probably do that when I add Velma mode to Hardship. Otherwise in general as long as Myopia simulator still works and doesn't vanish from Nexus, I'll support it. Maybe I'll ad a wacky optomitrist NPC... Mr EyeDoc... maybe... Hold still why I examine your retinas with my pincers!" "The laser scan will tell me your prescription... Disclaimer... may cause blindness." "Fabricating Lenses... That will be 100 US Dollars". He'll have a side kick that's an Eyebot... Get it?

21 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

He'll have a side kick that's an Eyebot... Get it?

GROAN (at least there's someone out there whose sense of humor might be almost as terrible as mine)

A "Velma mode" would be great though, yep!

4 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

GROAN (at least there's someone out there whose sense of humor might be almost as terrible as mine)

A "Velma mode" would be great though, yep!

For what it's worth making a spiritual successor to Myopia simulator would probably be a pretty easy first mod. I imagine it's just a matter of adding and removing imagespace modifiers. You could add all the popular glasses mods via script the same way I do for SC, Though personally I'd want it so only the glasses with clear lenses worked.

2 hours ago, Tentacus said:

For what it's worth making a spiritual successor to Myopia simulator would probably be a pretty easy first mod. I imagine it's just a matter of adding and removing imagespace modifiers. You could add all the popular glasses mods via script the same way I do for SC, Though personally I'd want it so only the glasses with clear lenses worked.

I'll see if I can overcome my abject laziness and get a handle on FO4 mod authorship. Most of the tutorials skew heavily toward Windows development toolchains (for obvious reasons), and I'm but a humble GNU/Linux and *BSD dev by day, so the learning curve will likely be steep (honestly, the only reason I have a Windows machine is to run modded FO4 on). Still, it's worth a shot.

As for glasses with non-clear lenses, there's such a thing as prescription sunglasses too... but for simplicity's sake I agree with you.