SCAVVER'S CLOSET - One size does not fit all -

View File

SCAVVER'S CLOSET

- One size does not fit all -

What's new:

I added an optional download of vanilla eyeglasses without facebones. This is to prevent them from deforming with custom faces. You may need to adjust your character's ear position for best results. It's unknown if this will negatively affect any npcs, but the glasses are just models so they are safe to uninstall at any time.

What's new in 1.1.3:

Bug Fix.

VIEW CHANGELOG:

Spoiler

-Fixed bug: Repaired MCM switch for Perishable Fusion Cells

1.1.2:
-Slightly lowered glasses drop rate.
-Greatly Lowered Glasses drop rate if wearing supported glasses. (Eyeglasses, Black Rim)
-Added Hard Core Fusion Cell decay
-Added aid items to Hard Core encumbrance
-Changed Backpack system to be more realistic (and less half-assed)
-added code to prevent putting on a backpack while wearing one.
-Added support for The mod Smoke-able Cigars, Cigarettes and joints (cartons, packs, and boxes encumbrance)
-Added support for The mod Give Me That Bottle (Empty Water cans and cartons encumbrance)
-Fixed bug: Keyword check on bag drop
-Fixed bug: Unequipped weapon after keyword replenish
-Fixed bug "close pipboy" message only displaying after pipboy is closed.

What's new in 1.1.2: 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW FEATURES:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Improved Backpack system:

Backpacks are now additive rather than replacing the base carry amount. This offers more flexibility and less bugginess, and is just generally more realistic.

Perishable fusion cells:

The Gun condition sorting ignores energy weapons for compatibility reasons, but I personally think laser weapons are far too easy to get. If I can't have the guns be broken why not the ammo? I mean, yes Fusion cells are modern marvels, but no battery is gonna lie around for 200 years and work 100% of the time. When selected this makes only 1 in 3 Fusion cell pickups viable.

Hardcore encumbrance for food, drinks, meds, chems, ingredients, empty water bottles, and Molotovs:

These are all handled by one set of sliders. Imagine how nerve wracking it will be to have to choose between food, water and stimpacks... Suddenly that psycho addiction seems a whole lot worse.

"Why molotovs?" you might ask... Well if everything else that comes in a bottle is covered why not? Unlike grenades you can't attach molotovs to a belt or bandolier, or easily pocket them. It makes sense to me anyway.

What's new in 1.1.1: EXTREMELY VITAL UPDATE!

1.1.1 Introduces a LOT of vital bugfixes. It will be the only version abailable and all users are urged to update. It adresses issues I did not know about the Fallout 4 Inventory system, such as the fact that keywords on items in the players inventory or containers DO NOT PERSIST after a reload. This means that the Gun system introduced in 1.1.0 is basically useless for actual gameplay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The info in this section only applies to guns and mod added clothing that is in the sorting list:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've made every effort to address that in this update. Now on load, all guns and mod added clothing items that need it will be sorted and have their ownership keywords restored. Likewise the backpack will run the same procedure on it's contents whenever you put it on. This works pretty much seamlessly.

Somewhat stickier is the issue of containers. Containers have the same issue with eating keywords. The way I've come up with to get around this is whenever you add an item with the _T_ Owned Keyword to a container it will get an keyword of it's own to tell the mod that you own whatever is inside. This can be exploited potentially so RP responsibly. When you first add an owned object to the container you will get a warning telling you to close the container so that it can be sorted.  DO THIS. After the message about the keyword being added you can freely add more items to the container. 

When retrieving owned items... ESPECIALLY after a reload it is of VITAL importance that you remove them one at a time (You will be prompted when this is necessary) 

20200509152953_1.jpg.2c9908b8705092841f28406c64a2bc64.jpg

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES hit the take all button!!

Upon removal of all owned keyworded items the container's keyword will be removed.

NOTE: If you do accidentally take all, you can save the game then reload, and the keywords should be restored on load!

NEW FEATURES:

Added support for several clothing mods:

Militarized minutemen:

Uniform

Full support

Backpack

(note MM backpack autoequips much slower than the Scavvers packs... no idea why. Can be added with MCM like the Scavver packs)

Mojave Manhunter:

Duster 

Outfit

(Encumbrance only)

Vesta new armor is picked up

(Vest uses new torso armor encumbrance system )

Brotherhood Recon:

(Leveled items have full support, constructable encumbrance only).

Torso armor encumbrance:

Functioning similarly to how heavy gun emcumbrance works, you can only pick up one torso armor at a time and it auto equips. On enequip it drops. (The vest added by Mojave Manhunter can be unequipped but will still drop if another armor is added, I had to do it this way to accommodate a script on the armor) Can be toggled in the MCM.

What's new in 1.1.0: 

1.1.0 is a ground up rewrite, with many more features than the previous release, as such I'll be treating it as essentially a new mod, so please carefully read the entire mod page.

Have you ever been playing fallout 4 and felt un-immersed by the fact that every single piece of clothing you find fits you perfectly? That it's all in good enough condition to wear? That every gun you find is in working order, even the shoddily made pipe pistols? that as long as you have the carry weight you can seemingly cram as many huge objects as you want into thin air? Have you wished that scavenging could be more difficult and nerve wracking like we see in post apocalypse movies like The Road Warrior?

Well, that's what this simple mod seeks to accomplish!

What it does:

Most of the features listed below can be activated , deactivated, or adjusted in the MCM:

Clothing check:

Now, when you pick up a clothing item from the ground, a corpse or a container, you will try them on. If the clothing fits, it will be renamed (IE: Your Road Leathers) This owned version of the item will behave exactly like normal, you can drop it, mod it, rename it, whatever.  There is an MCM option to determine if you automatically wear the new item after finding out if it fits, or not.

If the clothing didn't fit... you'll be given a non wearable version of the item that you can scrap or sell like normal. (junk) When trading with NPCs such as merchants you'll always receive the version that fits.

Some item types, (wasteland clothing and rags mostly) have a chance of being completely unsalvagable.  I've made an effort to ensure that unique and rare items either aren't touched by this part of the mod or always fit perfectly. Prisoner rags aren't affected as many mods add them. That said I may have missed something so save often, or turn the mod off temporarily when in doubt.

Bonus loot:

Select if you are RPing a nearsighted person in the MCM and recieve extra glasses loot. This is mainly intended to be used alongside the great mod:  Myopia Simulator (Immersive Glasses) As with the clothing sometimes the glasses are broken or the the wrong prescription, but you may get scrap.

If you have the mod Commonwealth Vans - CBBE - JBE - EVB Male - Fusion Girl - FG-JBE installed, you will also have a chance to find shoes with the ruined clothing. These may or may not fit as well.

Weapon check: (See What's new in 1.1.1 for updated information)

Guns you find might be broken. If it's a prewar gun and you have the Gun nut perk and a screwdriver, you can strip the weapon for parts. If you have the Scrapper perk you will also get screws. Gather enough and you can repair the next broken weapon you find. Some weapon types will always be functional and some are more or less likely to be damaged.  For example, revolvers and bolt actions are far more reliable than automatics. Pipe weapons are FAR more likely to be broken, and don't yeild weapon parts, but they can be stripped for minor scrap and unlike prewar guns no special skills or tools are required. 

Again, I've made every effort to protect uniques.

Heavy weapon Encumbrance:

No longer can you slip a minigun into your pocket! Now heavy weapons like Fatman and flamers, must be equipped and drawn to be carried (Think of the way Halo treats the turret guns Masterchief pulls off.) If you attempt to holster or unequip the weapon it will be dropped on the ground, and you can only carry one at a time. Doesn't count against your hard core encumbrance. For the purposes of this mod bulky guns like Railway, and Gauss Rifles are considered heavy.

Hard Core Encumbrance:

REQUIRES CLOTHING CHECK BE ACTIVATED
Limits the number of clothing and weapons you can carry on your person at any one time. By default this is extremely restrictive, however you can carry more by equipping a backpack Requires the mod Scavver's backpacks (no relation) Each item type has it's own maximum value (Clothes, pistols, long guns)
 These can be individually adjusted to your liking in the MCM. Even clothing not included in the clothing check is affected by this.

Special Backpack effect:

When backpack is unequipped, it's dropped on the ground taking all the non equipped weapon and clothing items (fitting and not) with it. If you pick up your non backpack limit while the backpack is off then try to pick it back up you'll have to drop what you are carrying. Once you pick the pack back up it will automatically re-equip and return all the items to your inventory.

Caveats/limitations:

I've done my best but there are still a few quirks.

When weapons are checked they are momentarily dropped from the inventory, this may result in the occasional odd moment of seeing a phantom gun in front of you for a second. This also means you will see a weapon dropped notification whenever you pick up even owned guns (no way to silence this sadly)

Some pipe and laser pistols will be counted as long guns, there is just no way around this given the way the lego-gun system in FO4 works.

This mod is intended for a new game and the main functions shouldn't be started until after the vault, or  any alternate start operations. If you add this to an existing save where you already have vanilla clothes you can use a function in the MCM to convert them to the "owned version" If they don't convert they are probably one of the items not covered by clothing check, such as vault suits, hazmat suits, companion outfits, bath robes, and quest rewards.

Lastly I removed the DLC requirements, that means however that clothing and weapons added by Nuka World and Far Harbor aren't covered. It honestly wasn't worth the effort for the benefit IMO.

Requirements:

Mod Configuration Menu

Scavver's backpacks (optional, but HIGHLY recommended)

Commonwealth Vans - CBBE - JBE - EVB Male - Fusion Girl - FG-JBE  (optional)

Cross Mojave Manhunter   (optional)

Cross Brotherhood Recon  (optional)

Militarized Minutemen (optional)

Give Me That Bottle  (optional)

Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints - With HardCore Auto Save (optional)

LEGAL:

The source code is provided for you to make personal changes, should you wish to. It is not provided for you to alter, compile and redistribute your own version of the mod. The mod, Scavver's Closet is only allowed to be hosted and downloaded from Lover's Lab, under my specific user account. 

To @EgoBallistic for providing some example code that made the weapon sorting possible.

To the Hardship fans who've been patient while I worked on this instead.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/01/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    MCM

27 minutes ago, Sagebrush61 said:

Does the mod work with other mod added glasses?  I love Ruby's Round glasses and  a non-AWKCR version of Rad-bans?  Not sure if the game uses standardized keywords for eyewear or not.

I only give you the vanilla eyeglasses and Black rimmed glasses because Myopia Simulator doesn't support modded glasses and hasn't been updated in quite some time. That's the main reason I uploaded:

So there would at least be one decent pair of glasses that worked with it. 

love the mod ideas coming from you @Tentacus.

But I'm dense and while I think I get the description, I'd like a little more clarity on what this mod does. From what I understand, it's basically a system that lets me know whether or not I can or cannot equip certain clothing/armor pieces in game and chalks it up to "size and fit". I love this idea. But I'm confused on a few things before I put this in a playthrough.

How does this work with modded armors added to the game? How does bodyslide affect this (I'm assuming it doesn't)? If I use something like any of the Vtaw Wardrobe items, will it affect my crafting acquisitions? I wanna try this out, but I'm not sure I quite understand the mechanics.

Thanks in advance if you can clear this up for me, I'm very intrigued!

This is exactly the kind of mod I love, thanks for making it, downloading now and will give it a try.  Another question, what if you have a Death Alternative mod or use RSE Abductions/Violate where the attacker steals your items.  When you retrieve them will they be randomized again??

9 hours ago, DremoraDream said:

love the mod ideas coming from you @Tentacus.

But I'm dense and while I think I get the description, I'd like a little more clarity on what this mod does. From what I understand, it's basically a system that lets me know whether or not I can or cannot equip certain clothing/armor pieces in game and chalks it up to "size and fit". I love this idea. But I'm confused on a few things before I put this in a playthrough.

How does this work with modded armors added to the game? How does bodyslide affect this (I'm assuming it doesn't)? If I use something like any of the Vtaw Wardrobe items, will it affect my crafting acquisitions? I wanna try this out, but I'm not sure I quite understand the mechanics.

Thanks in advance if you can clear this up for me, I'm very intrigued!

Not with modded armor. It's about scavenging so vanilla is sufficient though if you know of an extensive clothing set with leveled list integration that you want added I could look into it.

Replacer mods aren't an issue though those will work just dandy. Like if all your clothes are CCO skimpy replacers they will work.

Bodyslide is no issue as it only deals with the forms for the outfit. It doesn't matter what model the game is using. That's why I chose commonwealth Vans for the shoes as it had versions for men, women, and all the body types available.

52 minutes ago, crudo said:

This is exactly the kind of mod I love, thanks for making it, downloading now and will give it a try.  Another question, what if you have a Death Alternative mod or use RSE Abductions/Violate where the attacker steals your items.  When you retrieve them will they be randomized again??

Thanks for the kind words.

Probably, but simply deactivate the mod in the MCM while seeking to get your stuff back and you'll be fine.

11 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Not with modded armor. It's about scavenging so vanilla is sufficient though if you know of an extensive clothing set with leveled list integration that you want added I could look into it.

Perhaps you can flag clothing that fits with a dummy "it fits!" mod with AttachModToInventoryItem to get around the drop item & container storage issue?

I find an issue with this system. Putting and taking back clothes from a container made the mod check the clothes again. this could lead to most collector's clothes literally disintegrating in front of their eyes. If possible i would recommend not applying this check on clothes from unrespawning containers like those in a player settlement.

Also, maybe you could add common armor into the mix of possible broken stuff. compared to clothes, most raiders have around 4 of them at a time.

On 4/5/2020 at 3:10 AM, mcnv said:

I find an issue with this system. Putting and taking back clothes from a container made the mod check the clothes again. this could lead to most collector's clothes literally disintegrating in front of their eyes. If possible i would recommend not applying this check on clothes from unrespawning containers like those in a player settlement.

Also, maybe you could add common armor into the mix of possible broken stuff. compared to clothes, most raiders have around 4 of them at a time.

This is addressed in the OP Here: 

This won't occur when trading with NPCs or when removing items from workshop furniture. It also won't happen within homeplate for maximum compatibility with homeplate player home mods.

and here:

Caveats/limitations:

Some containers in the wider world have the Workshop keyword. This seems to be random and nonsensical. (Thanks Bethesda) File cabinets and nightstands seem to always have it for instance. These won't be affected by the mod. 

If you get an item and it fits, then drop it on the ground it will be randomized again and may not fit when you pick it up, likewise if you put it in a non workshop container. You can get around this by temporarily turning off the mod in the MCM before retrieving your item, or by adding the keyword: WorkshopContainerKeyword  to the container with the console.

RTFM people.

On 4/6/2020 at 10:00 PM, Tentacus said:

This is addressed in the OP Here: 

This won't occur when trading with NPCs or when removing items from workshop furniture. It also won't happen within homeplate for maximum compatibility with homeplate player home mods.

and here:

Caveats/limitations:

Some containers in the wider world have the Workshop keyword. This seems to be random and nonsensical. (Thanks Bethesda) File cabinets and nightstands seem to always have it for instance. These won't be affected by the mod. 

If you get an item and it fits, then drop it on the ground it will be randomized again and may not fit when you pick it up, likewise if you put it in a non workshop container. You can get around this by temporarily turning off the mod in the MCM before retrieving your item, or by adding the keyword: WorkshopContainerKeyword  to the container with the console.

RTFM people.

Sorry I have to start reading again.

I'm guessing this is pretty difficult, but I wonder if it would be possible to make this work similarly to Mortal Weapons & Armors, where instead of auto-scrapping items that don't fit, you can still get the item, and just not be able to equip it. That way you can still sell them, give them to others, etc., or you can scrap them on the spot as it is currently.

And an even further stretch, especially with Fallout 4's stupid weight triangle, but if at some point you (the player) are within some threshold of the armor/clothing's weight values, then you can equip it. This would require adding that information to the item name so players would know what it's expecting, but I don't know how you'd represent that.

I'm guessing though that right now, you're just doing an "on item added" (or whatever the name of the event is) check and randomly choosing the result. Which for either of the things above would require attaching data to each armor/clothing to indicate what the weight values are assigned.

16 hours ago, nb097 said:

I'm guessing this is pretty difficult, but I wonder if it would be possible to make this work similarly to Mortal Weapons & Armors, where instead of auto-scrapping items that don't fit, you can still get the item, and just not be able to equip it. That way you can still sell them, give them to others, etc., or you can scrap them on the spot as it is currently.

And an even further stretch, especially with Fallout 4's stupid weight triangle, but if at some point you (the player) are within some threshold of the armor/clothing's weight values, then you can equip it. This would require adding that information to the item name so players would know what it's expecting, but I don't know how you'd represent that.

I'm guessing though that right now, you're just doing an "on item added" (or whatever the name of the event is) check and randomly choosing the result. Which for either of the things above would require attaching data to each armor/clothing to indicate what the weight values are assigned.

Yeah, I'm afraid that that's beyond my knowledge for now, and a lot more trouble than I want to go through for what was essentially a little palate cleanser mod to shake out the cobwebs from working on Hardship.

The former is definitely a good idea. 

I'll keep them in mind and who knows... an idea of how to do it easily might just pop into my head some day when I'm less busy.

@Tentacus

Hi man, appreciate all of your work

I am wondering could you make the same thing for guns ?

I grab a gun from a dead bodies but finding it broken or something like that ?

I find that there is too much weapons in the game even if i use scarcity like mod

Edit : Can you adjust the % with a slider or something

Thanks for making the world of fallout 4 harsh :)

41 minutes ago, tuxagent7 said:

@Tentacus

Hi man, appreciate all of your work

I am wondering could you make the same thing for guns ?

I grab a gun from a dead bodies but finding it broken or something like that ?

I find that there is too much weapons in the game even if i use scarcity like mod

Edit : Can you adjust the % with a slider or something

Thanks for making the world of fallout 4 harsh :)

I'll look into it. I also think there are way too many guns, I'm actually really surprised I never thought of that as a solution. Just FYI though I'm gonna be back working on Hardship for the forseeable future, so I might not get to this for a while.

When I do I'll probably also do the ability to sell the clothes that don't fit as requested above. (I'll probably turn them into a generic misc item like "clothes that don't fit" with a few different random monetary values. Like stuff from the leather list would be more valuable than stuff from the cloth list or something.)

29 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

I'm gonna be back working on Hardship for the forseeable future, so I might not get to this for a while.

Hey take your time, there is no rush and working on Hardship mcm is great news indeed !

Really hope for that hotkey instead of the holotape :)  Can't get rid of it from my inventory :P

5 minutes ago, tuxagent7 said:

Hey take your time, there is no rush and working on Hardship mcm is great news indeed !

Really hope for that hotkey instead of the holotape :)  Can't get rid of it from my inventory :P

Well then you are gonna like the screenshot I am about to post in the Hardship Thread.

i love the idea of this mod, however, the fact that storing any clothing and taking it out again does the check again ruins it. I understand that not your fault but this way the world makes even less sense (instead of beeing able to fit in any clothing its a dice roll if clothing fits you even if it did before) istead of more. i really how you'll find a way to sorta fix that but until then, this isnt for me unfortunately. (i really liked the idea of this in combination with combat strip lite becouse it make good clothing a very valuable and rare thing) thanks for your efforts anyways! i did get a bit of fun from it anyways :)

Also, it doesn't work with any armor/clothing mods which means i'd have to play without them mods.

1 hour ago, FovI said:

i love the idea of this mod, however, the fact that storing any clothing and taking it out again does the check again ruins it. I understand that not your fault but this way the world makes even less sense (instead of beeing able to fit in any clothing its a dice roll if clothing fits you even if it did before) istead of more. i really how you'll find a way to sorta fix that but until then, this isnt for me unfortunately. (i really liked the idea of this in combination with combat strip lite becouse it make good clothing a very valuable and rare thing) thanks for your efforts anyways! i did get a bit of fun from it anyways :)

Like I said you can make any container safe by adding 1 keyword in the console. It's not like you should willy-nilly be storing your stuff in any old container anyway as most in world containers refresh and will delete it. Any you build at a settlement SHOULD be safe.

Anyway I have an idea of a way around this, but I'm a little busy at the moment to try it.

4 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Like I said you can make any container safe by adding 1 keyword in the console. It's not like you should willy-nilly be storing your stuff in any old container anyway as most in world containers refresh and will delete it. Any you build at a settlement SHOULD be safe.

Anyway I have an idea of a way around this, but I'm a little busy at the moment to try it.

i might want to drop it and pickj it up again, so that still gonna be a problem and i dont want to keep having to think about that. like i said, i'm not blaming you and i di enjoy it for the 3 or so hrs i had it installed.

On 4/16/2020 at 6:32 PM, FovI said:

i might want to drop it and pickj it up again, so that still gonna be a problem and i dont want to keep having to think about that. like i said, i'm not blaming you and i di enjoy it for the 3 or so hrs i had it installed.

Sooooooooooo...

I figured out a way to have it work perfectly. It works from any container. Dropping is no longer a problem. and you can have a nonwearable version of the ones that don't fit that you can sell or scrap like normal. The catch. I have to create 1 new clothing item and 1 new misc object for every vanilla clothing item, I have to define properties for each of those in a script and create a fucking hella long function to manage it all which is gonna be long, tedious, nerve wracking, and insanity inducing.... and I'm gonna fucking do it so you jokers better appreciate it.

?

@tuxagent7 's idea for a gun version will be it's own mod at some point. I have a lot of ideas but it'll be at least after I release Hardship Final that I work on that.