What was the first game(s) you ever played for PC (that you remember)?

polluxval

Yes, all only young people, at least the majority!

My first PC was a *Commodore 64*

We use the "PC" acronym to refer to IBM PC compatible computers that run Microsoft operating systems.

Apple has many "personal computers" but no one calls them as "PC"s.

Similarly, C64, ZX Spectrum, Apple II, Atari etc. were all "personal computers" but not "PC"s. Strange, but that's the case.

sorry for the misnomer,  this is a C64

***The Commodore 64 is an 8-bit home computers with 64 KiB of RAM. Since its launch in January 1982 at the Winter Consumer Electronics Show of built by

Commodore C64 center until the late 1980s, both as a game console and software development extremely popular.***

I hope you are now satisfied, if not then is it me no matter, for me are those things all PC's, exception of consoles! :P  ;)

I started first with VIC 20 then C64 :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ...failure

First pc games I remember were Doom 2 and Mortal Kombat played on a cousin's early Pentium rig.

First game on my own pc (though I guess formally it was my parents' rather than mine) was Duke Nukem 3D. Good times were had.

The good ol memories, right...

The Trip on the ancient CoCo computer. 

Everything was colored blocks and beeps/boops, but at the time, a game that was held on a magnetic cassette that involved some actual adventure and puzzle solving elements was mind blowing. Less visually impressive than my Atari stuff, but had it's own flavor of intrigue. 

My first games were on our own Win 95 system.

I remember playing Guilty, the point and click adventure game, at a very young age and becoming thoroughly frustrated with the cryptic actions. I did not understand a word of English back then. Ragequit after revisiting it years later as well.

Flight Simulator 95 with the joystick was super cool and I managed to fly and land a Boeing and a Cessna, crashed with gliders though.

Then there were those shareware discs and the Game Sampler 2 for Win 95, which wasn't actually a game.

Seven Kingdoms - the first one is probably the most difficult game I've ever played. Loved mass exploding the porcupines though.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit and Age of Empires (1 +) 2 are still some of my favorite games.

It was probably Quake, the first one and after that Doom and Duke Nukem 3D as those are the more fuzzier memories I have of my gaming experiences after that everything becomes clearer.

Guest ...failure

It was probably Quake, the first one and after that Doom and Duke Nukem 3D as those are the more fuzzier memories I have of my gaming experiences after that everything becomes clearer.

Can't resist...

quake_logo.gif

im more of a console gamer but i remember my first few pc games

think it was quake 3 but i was mainly playing the dragonball z game in quake 3 called bid for power, think it was a mod

also remember playing starwars:jedi outcast 2, legacy of kain:blood omen 2, alien vs predator 2 and soldier of fortune (a lot of two's lol)

• 2 weeks later...

The first game that I ever played was a RTS named Age of Mythology, I spent most of my nights on that.

Oh and Return to Castle Wolfenstein was my first FPS. One of the first game my best friend and I used to play a lot (gotta love dat nuclear panzerfaust !)

• 1 month later...

For me it were old Sierra adventures. Learned my first English from them too. Game parsers are maybe the most effective language learning tools ever created. :D

Let me see...

Police Quest 1

hqdefault.jpg

Space Quest 1

Space_Quest_1.1986.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCai4NCluRU

King's Quest 3

Manannan.PNG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LDfoE1PaNY

Played Prince of Persia shortly after. I think I can still sleepwalk my way through that game, played it to death (pun intended).

Prince-of-persia1.jpg

Then Sim City of course. No, not Sim City 2000, the original Sim City.

screenshot198-1.gif

Then I remember playing the first Wing Commander and Realms of Arkania - Blade of Destiny on a 286 with 12 MHz, that machine was way over its head with both games (especially Blade of Destiny), but I still played through them, lol. Whenever some youngster throws a fit about 10 second loading screens and installation times of an hour or 2 I start to chuckle on the inside. Kid, you know nothing.

i6029k.jpg

:Grandpa Simpson mode off:

Archived