What was the first game(s) you ever played for PC (that you remember)?

polluxval

I think it was from a compil of games that my cousins gave me.

Doom2

Duke Nukem 3d

worms 2

panzer dragon

Quake I/II

warcraft 2

However I was 5-6 years old... I remember I was afraid of the start of doom 2 ( Don't ask me why) but then, I didn't cared.

• 3 weeks later...

It was either 'Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?' or 'Oregon Trail'.

Either way,the only justification for playing games on PC at the time was for educational purposes (I don't recall if the term Edutainment had even been coined yet), so despite the fact that other PC games existed back then, I was only vaguely aware of that reality.

First PC game ... I guess Wolfenstein 3D, around 1992, played on a MS-DOS 286 with an amber (orange) monochrome monitor which I borrowed from somewhere at uni. It had hotkeys to shrink the game's resolution so the game would only fill parts of the monitor, I remember playing on like a quarter of that 14 inch screen in order to have a better frame rate.
The next one I played was much more memorable: X-Wing, played on the first 386 I ever set my hands on. At the time I didn't know Windows could change mouse sensitivity, so I played all night doing hundreds of 180 degree turns (where each meant moving the mouse by like a meter). When I couldn't move my shoulder the next day, I visited a doctor who told me I had a muscle inflammation in my shoulder ... and that I wasn't allowed to use the mouse for a week. I lasted about half a day.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot the name, it's puzzle solving game, play as 3 dwarf, it's 3 split screen with each dwarf in it... u play as one dwarf at a time, and if it stuck, you can use another dwarf to help the other dwarf...

aaand i forgot the name too, what i remember is that it's robot fighting game 

haha

A MS-DOS game, called News Boy I think, where you're playing a newspaper boy and try to deliver (aka throw) as many newspaper to houses as possible within a route. Either that, or Wizard (maybe) where, well, you play as a wizard in a 2d sidescroll game

Archived