What was the first game(s) you ever played for PC (that you remember)?

polluxval

Guest Plastrader

Ah nice! A nostalgia topic :)

PC 1994:

Descent

Doom

Those are the first games I played on the PC.

There were other games and platforms prior to that and alot of other games on the PC after 1994, but I'll stay on topic.

woa! reading most of the topics makes me remember old good games.

i remember battle chess, it was awesome. it was unofficially my first hgame... haha, i liked to kill the queen with every piece i had the chance.

i saw gorillas many years ago, but never played it and of course the diablo and war craft series were awesome. i think i didnt have any social life... there are justa few games i didnt saw or played... well atleast i didnt played the 2d duke nukems, i found them terrible. :P

Guest Lady Luck

i remember when i was at  i think 2nd grade i grew up playing lemmings  before i discovered blackthorn  at the time it was awosome experience until i found out the company who built lemmings is the same company who made max payne 3 aka rockstar i went like whoa  i didn't see that coming.

yeah, for rockstar it does apply the quote: "man, that escalated quickly"

i remember lemmings, its the grandgrandgrandfather of games like worms, gunbound, angrybirds, catapult penguin, etc.

btw. lady luck, are you related to the lady luck from metal gear solid 2? :P

I rapidly fell away from PC games, as where I lived at the time didn't have much in supply. My family's computer wasn't that great, anyway. It played Battlechess fine, but anything above that and I think it might have melted. Instead, I went full console for years and years. I was a major SNES and Sega Genesis girl, then eventually Playstation and PS2. But once the latest generation of consoles came around, I found I just couldn't get into them. The systems were too expensive, the new controllers too gimicky. I returned to PC gaming a few years ago, and I realize now how superior to console games they really are. I just regret that it took me so long to make the switch.

But yeah. Gorillas was awesome.

Guest Lady Luck

yeah, for rockstar it does apply the quote: "man, that escalated quickly"

i remember lemmings, its the grandgrandgrandfather of games like worms, gunbound, angrybirds, catapult penguin, etc.

btw. lady luck, are you related to the lady luck from metal gear solid 2? :P

shhhh you don't supposed to tell that ... >...>

actually the girl who played as lady luck aka ... aka fortune  "maura gale" in MGS II

is my relative i know her in real life :P well at least 3rd cousin , not really close tho

when i heard shes on mgs 2 man i'm like " super exicited "....

anyway another thing i completely forgot to mentioned amongst lemmings there's alot of "FIRST" in  my gaming experience

Many of my first Experience

( this list coming from the year i first bought when it's released still have the oem copy somewhere )

- Albion

-  Odyssey

- Alone in the dark

- CastleVania Series < -- got simons quest on my 1st birthday  " and boy it was the worst present ever"

-   Leisure suit larry <--- My 5th grade classmate introduce me to this game

- Blackthorn <-- my 1st blizzard favourite game

- Metroid  SNES < -- my 1st snes cartridge got it the first day it release

- Abuse <-- before platforming shooter game way before MDK , this game is the first

- Xcom

- Settlers

- The Frontlines

- Star Wars DOS game

- Blood

- Duke nukem Forever Series < -- my first modding scene back in 2001

- Daggerfall

- Battlespire

- Arena

- Morrowind

-  MDK

-  Counterstrike 1.0

- Halflife 1.0

- Team Fortress 2007 ( back when it's still primitive)

- Painkiller

- King's Quest

- Might of Magic and heroes Series

- Ultima

- Dungeon siege

- King richard 

- Stronghold series

- Dragon's Quest

- Legend of zelda

- Wing commander

- Starcraft / Starcraft Expansion set

- Warcraft/Warcraft III

man i forgot too many listed game ...

- Prince of persia for pc ibm 286

- Out of this world.

- Flash Back.

- Duke Nukem 3d.

- Doom

- Wolfestein 3d.

and many more...

so, wich one was yours?

Played Doom shareware when I was 4.  Duke when I was abit older like 6 or 7.. Heretic as well when I was 4 or 5.

around about 5 or 6 or maybe 7 I discovered Red Alert and Carmageddon.. or was I 8.. is was around that period though.

believe it or not I did not discover RPG games until.. hmm, I was definatly in my teens, about 13 or 14.. OR maybe 12 but my first RPG was FFX.

before FFX though it was only FPS, Third Person Adventure and RTS for me, Unreal, Age of Empires, Heretic 2 etc all of those sorta games were my thing..

oh and of course Spyro and Crash Bandicoot on the ps1

My earliest PC memories are of the following;

Centurion: Defender of Rome (I was so addicted to this game.)

Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers: The Adventure in Nimnul's Castle

King's Quest III

Leisure Suit Larry 1-3 (Yeah... my uncle is the root of my sexual depravity.)

Mega Man (Yes, I owned a copy of this piece of garbage.)

- Prince of persia for pc ibm 286

- Out of this world.

- Flash Back.

- Duke Nukem 3d.

- Doom

- Wolfestein 3d.

and many more...

so, wich one was yours?

Played Doom shareware when I was 4.  Duke when I was abit older like 6 or 7.. Heretic as well when I was 4 or 5.

around about 5 or 6 or maybe 7 I discovered Red Alert and Carmageddon.. or was I 8.. is was around that period though.

believe it or not I did not discover RPG games until.. hmm, I was definatly in my teens, about 13 or 14.. OR maybe 12 but my first RPG was FFX.

before FFX though it was only FPS, Third Person Adventure and RTS for me, Unreal, Age of Empires, Heretic 2 etc all of those sorta games were my thing..

oh and of course Spyro and Crash Bandicoot on the ps1

ohh i forgot heretic. i didnt like it too much because was very similar to doom (of course john carmack and idsoftware). to be honest, id software were my favorite company until they made Rage. i really hope they can get my like again with Doom 4.

- Albion - one of the few i didnt played

-  Odyssey - one of my favorites

- Alone in the dark - i playeed the old ones until the console version. i hated it.

- CastleVania Series - i loved everyone of them (except the n64 version) and Symphony of the night its still the best. unluckily this is a console game. :P

-   Leisure suit larry - O_O?

- Blackthorn - just saw it but never played it.

- Metroid  SNES - loved the nes, gameboy(advance) and snes versions. i never had a n64 myself nor a game cube so i lost track of it.

- Abuse - didint played it.

- Xcom - loved the old ones.

- Settlers - amazing sim game. i enjoyed it a lot.

- The Frontlines - heard of it but never played it. :/

- Star Wars DOS game - I "almost" played all the SW old games. i had a rich friend who had them all and he lend them to me. :P

- Blood - Didnt like it too much. but still enjoyable.

- Daggerfall - I got a little dizzy playing this one but i still enjoyed it.

- Battlespire - same as daggerfall.

- Arena - curiosly, im a fan of TES games but i never played this one. :s

- Morrowind - loved it. cant say more.

-  MDK - woaaaa!!!!!!!! i remember this one, was very cool!! the hero was like venom + alien fusion. :P

-  Counterstrike 1.0 - i played CS, Condition Zero and Source. but from all, i loved the 1.0

- Halflife 1.0 - i still have a copy of the first halflife here in my shelf.

- Team Fortress 2007 - never liked too much.

- Painkiller - didnt like the fact the hero looked like Max Payne.

- King's Quest - Never played it.

- Might of Magic and heroes Series - Some of them i loved and some others i hated them.

- Ultima - pretty cool game.

- Dungeon siege - still playing the series.

- King richard - never heard of it. O_O?

- Stronghold series - played once. i need to check them out.

- Dragon's Quest - there are a lot of dragons quest, but if you are talking about the NES game, i loved it.

- Legend of zelda - i got the two golden nes games and the snes and gameboy. but as i didnt had a n64 console, i lost track of it.

- Wing commander - im not sure if its the same, but if this is the combat fly simulatar i loved it.

- Starcraft / Starcraft Expansion set - I waiting for the zerg exapansion, so that says it all. All hail Raynor.

- Warcraft/Warcraft III - i played the 3 series. the second one is still my favorite.

- Metroid  SNES - loved the nes, gameboy(advance) and snes versions. i never had a n64 myself nor a game cube so i lost track of it.

You're really missing out if you've never played the Metroid Prime series. Even if you don't like FPS, it's that good. Though Metroid Prime 1 is what purists consider to be closest to the "true" Metroid experience (that meaning, it's the most like Super Metroid).

However, do not touch Metroid: Other M with a barge pole. It is one of the worst games ever made. This is not subjective. Anybody who says otherwise is wrong!

You're really missing out if you've never played the Metroid Prime series. Even if you don't like FPS, it's that good. Though Metroid Prime 1 is what purists consider to be closest to the "true" Metroid experience (that meaning, it's the most like Super Metroid).

However, do not touch Metroid: Other M with a barge pole. It is one of the worst games ever made. This is not subjective. Anybody who says otherwise is wrong!

yeah most people told me that. also that i missed the best Zelda games. the problem was that i didnt had enough money to have a sony ps and at the same time a n64 or game cube. when ps2 was released i even sold my old ps1 to get some games. at the same time i still bought pc games wich completely wasted my allowance. :(

now that i can afford those consoles (or an emulator in any case) i still have a lot of games i have to complete ... :s

uhh not sure cant remember but i played games like:

Golden axe

Karateka

Gorillas

Bruce Lee (that game where bruce runs with his fat buddy lol)

Cobra (lol cant remember if that was the name of the game...that helicopter shooting stuff)

Prince of persia

Wolfenstein 3d

Doom

Heretic

Well basicaly nearly everything that has been written here hehe.

Archived