[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

9 hours ago, a8ustus said:

does anyone know how to fix your load order in Vortex? it wont let me since there are no conflicts.

Plugin load order or file installation overwriting precedence? Your mention of "conflicts" makes me think you mean the latter, and yes the "order" in which they overwrite each other is irrelevant if no mods are overwriting another's files.

When people talk about "load order" they generally mean the plugins.txt file. You can influence the order in which plugins will be put into that file by creating relationships between them in the plugins view (not the mods view), or by assigning them to different priority groups. The built-in documentation in Vortex (knowledge base) does a much better job of explaining and demonstrating this in its "Managing Your Load Order" article than I could hope to here, I recommend checking it out.

So, I have followed this guide and have a functioning game with the mods (exceptions being bad ends and raider pet). Anyone have any advice for stability? I am aware some mods advise its not for normal gameplay, but what are the mods that can be deleted so a semi-normal game could be played without the frame rate dropping to below 15 when approaching groups of enemies?

4 hours ago, ddssfu said:

So, I have followed this guide and have a functioning game with the mods (exceptions being bad ends and raider pet). Anyone have any advice for stability? I am aware some mods advise its not for normal gameplay, but what are the mods that can be deleted so a semi-normal game could be played without the frame rate dropping to below 15 when approaching groups of enemies?

That is a tough one. We all basically play with different mod choices. One might find only 15% of the same mods in multiple load orders. And then you have varying computers with specs that range from SUPERBEAST to Weakwilly! Rule of thumb, FO4 has a hard script limit that when crossed will usually crash your game, so any combo of heavy scripted mods would cause FPS leak especially in graphic heavy areas of the Commonwealth. Basically this type of question should be asked in the FO4 Discussion thread. There you could post your load list so folks could direct you better.

12 hours ago, ddssfu said:

Physics mods have high effect on fps, try disabling them

Also enb, and try lower graphic settings

Edited by Indarello
5 minutes ago, computerguy13 said:

Since AFF violate conflict with MCG.  Which do is the better mod? 

I originally got MCG cuz it does so much and Sex Harassment mod really wasn't my thing (especially since I usually play a male character) but I'm curious if it would properly replace violate.

I am using AAF with MCG as we speak and for sex you need AAF. MCG uses AAF functions for sex chances and has none of it's own sex mechanics.

57 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

I am using AAF with MCG as we speak and for sex you need AAF. MCG uses AAF functions for sex chances and has none of it's own sex mechanics.

My apologies if my mod labeling was confusing.  I have, and use AFF, the Violate (which is labeled AFF Violate) vs. MCG is the mod comparison I was curious about.  Do you have any experience in compare/contrast of those 2 mods?

1 hour ago, computerguy13 said:

My apologies if my mod labeling was confusing.  I have, and use AFF, the Violate (which is labeled AFF Violate) vs. MCG is the mod comparison I was curious about.  Do you have any experience in compare/contrast of those 2 mods?

I have used both at different times and they work well. I am using MCG now just for the NPCS approach me sex and the NPC/NPC random sex. I use Violate for the Defeat sex. You can use both mods as long as you do not toggle the MCG defeat option on. I like Violate because it has more multiple sex offerings. Group sex and you can use it with Knock Out mod. MCG will not.

Edited by maddadicusrex
51 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

I have used both at different times and they work well. I am using MCG now just for the NPCS approach me sex and the NPC/NPC random sex. I use Violate for the Defeat sex. You can use both mods as long as you do not toggle the MCG defeat option on. I like Violate because it has more multiple sex offerings. Group sex and you can use it with Knock Out mod. MCG will not.

Thank you, that was incredibly helpful.  Do I toggle the defeat option for MCG during installation (I use Vortex) or after installation in the MCM menu options?

22 minutes ago, computerguy13 said:

Thank you, that was incredibly helpful.  Do I toggle the defeat option for MCG during installation (I use Vortex) or after installation in the MCM menu options?

After MCG install, you will have toggles to set up in MCM menu. Somewhere near end of pages you will be asked to set up 2 keys for calling up MGG functions. You will need to push the key to enable each or not 3 MGG options. NPCS approach you, NPCS vs NPCS random sex, Defeat sex. You can choose to toggle all or some.

I finally got it to work but the theme menu only shows up on non modded saves... When I try to load a modded character the dialog box never pops up and I cant use AAF. The problem is my main character's most recent saves are exclusively in their own modded section. Does anyone know why this is a problem? Why doesn't the dialog box show up when I load a modded save?

Edit: I loaded another modded character and had the same problem

Edited by rushzone
On 8/31/2021 at 9:25 AM, Mistress Jade said:

Hey i am having a issue myself i am in Discord channel but no one seems to be at home.

Sometimes there can be a good day or two between posts in the server, largely due to timezones, and people actually not needing our help.

Just post it anyway, and someone'll get back to you eventually.
If no one does, feel free to post it again, occasionally something or someone slips through the cracks, and we don't notice we never replied or followed up on somethin.

On 9/1/2021 at 12:20 AM, ddssfu said:

Would need much more info for that (and the "turn-around time" of LL/forums is one reason we only do troubleshooting in the AAF Discord).
Could be almost anything 'at fault' there.

11 hours ago, computerguy13 said:

Since AFF violate conflict with MCG.  Which do is the better mod? 

I originally got MCG cuz it does so much and Sex Harassment mod really wasn't my thing (especially since I usually play a male character) but I'm curious if it would properly replace violate.

10 hours ago, computerguy13 said:

I see your question's mostly answered, but in general, mods like Violate and, say, RSEII CSA only need adjusting to avoid being triggered at the same time/on the same events. In Violate/CSA's case, setting CSA to only trigger on hotkey, and not setting a hotkey, lets you use both mods.

And 'we' (AAF 'moderators') tend to recommend against MCG, or at least advise caution. Like several mods, it tries to do too many different things, and to a lower 'standard' than more dedicated mods.

5 hours ago, rushzone said:

I finally got it to work but the theme menu only shows up on non modded saves... When I try to load a modded character the dialog box never pops up and I cant use AAF. The problem is my main character's most recent saves are exclusively in their own modded section. Does anyone know why this is a problem? Why doesn't the dialog box show up when I load a modded save?

Edit: I loaded another modded character and had the same problem

image.png.3c76580eef9d5f8254aff4ccd964ce5e.png
With that said, from the Fucking Manual:

AAF Force Start command

• Open console (usually the `/~ key found on the upper left of the keyboard).
  • Type in: stopquest aaf_mainquest.
  • Exit console. Wait 5 seconds. Open console again.
  • Type: startquest aaf_mainquest.
  • Exit console.

Keep in mind, however, that this is a 'band-aid' solution, and you will almost certainly have more issues later, with those saves.

14 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Sometimes there can be a good day or two between posts in the server, largely due to timezones, and people actually not needing our help.

Thanks for responding but i did get help that day so all is well!

Edited by Mistress Jade

Based on this very helpful pages advice (I mean that, not being a dick) I downloaded buffout 4, which did help to resolve some issues with UAP and Crazy, but created another and I hope someone can help.
My issue is, with my bodyslide Body/outfits set at CBBE body and the "present" set at CBBE zeroed slider with body morph checked and a Batch build created for every outfit, I ran across a female body and the armor made her body invisible.  I checked my morph.ini and it as set at:

(All|Female|HumanRace=CBBE Curvy|CBBE Slim|CBBE Petite|CBBE Chubby|CBBE Athletic)

Since I've never had this problem before and just installed Buffout 4, I thought (after some research) that if I disabled the F4EE patch (changing it from "true" to "false") in buffout.toml would fix the problem but the "false" was already there.  I changed it to true, and the problem was still there.  I changed the morph.ini and template to completely different body type assignments and not only was the problem still there, the nude raider still had the CBBE zeroed slider body, which I thought was just randomly given the body through morph.ini but now I think something is blocking the pull from the morph.ini and I'm currently attributing it to the buffout 4 cuz even if I change the the batch build (with build morphs checked) and make a new overall femalebody.nif build with a different present, the raider's body remains the same.

I'm trying several avenues to find a solution to this problem, and this support forum helps people the most.  Is there anyone who has a solution for this issue?

Just needed to say thanks for this guide and wow. 8 stages anims of about 2000 frames total, crazy, we are far from the 10 frames loops. Best part tease intros so wonderful.

Now a question, is there a simple way to make the male/male anims run even with a female character? I get some of it would look dumb but maybe enough would look good too.

I looked at the anims xmls and stuff, could i somehow copy paste anims list and change a few M to F + add reffereences somewhere, sorry if it's a pain and doesn't belong here.

On 8/27/2021 at 2:29 AM, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

image.png.8481973d1be877f314b6c1346742baa7.png

Just opened it in a 'private'/'incognito' window.

So has it, now?

Wow, it works after they updated it? That's incredible.

Nice try btw, just bad luck on your end this time.

Edited by Simcaa
3 hours ago, Simcaa said:

Wow, it works after they updated it? That's incredible.

Nice try btw, just bad luck on your end this time.

Are you thick?

The link has never changed, since I joined in 2019...
You're fuckin welcome to ask Dago 'bout it, but I doubt you'd listen, and just claim he swapped it out and is lying through his teeth about it... :classic_rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Are you thick?

The link has never changed, since I joined in 2019...
You're fuckin welcome to ask Dago 'bout it, but I doubt you'd listen, and just claim he swapped it out and is lying through his teeth about it... :classic_rolleyes:

Yep.. I checked the link right after her post. No problems. It is truly sad that people can't accept that there might be some other reason for their troubles. It has to be someone trying to make their lives hard.   Truly sad indeed.