[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

14 hours ago, arkangyl said:

Hi all:  First, Thanks to @Saya_Scarlett for this awesome guide.  I can't tell you how many times it saved me from starting a new game :)  I look at it daily to make sure nothing has changed.  I'm in the middle of creating an insanity system to add to augment the experience with a few other mods.  I hope to have an alpha done by next week.

Love the mod and all the mods that work with it.  I've been troubleshooting a few things with FPE and WLD by @InvictusBlade (Which are amazing with the new updates) as well as looking at the whole LooksMenu problem.

Yes, LooksMenu 1.6.20 technically works and fixes the "Clothing" crash, but it does not allow morphs to work properly on male or female NPCs or PCs for several other mods.  For the most part, it breaks any belly morphing mods that rely on the Zeroed sliders scenario.   I use this specifically for the "LookMenu BodyPresets - Regular" so that the NPCs don't all have the same body, which is kinda boring. 

The best way to start if you have having problems is to do the following, and I have tested this over and over again:  (I am using Vortex, because it is by far the easiest mod manager to date. The others are just too much of a pain in the ass to mess with and get right.):

1) Disable in-game any mod that depends on LooksMenu, BodySlide, BodyTalk, or AAF that is NOT on Saya's list. (All the other non LL or AAF related mods should not be impacted)

2) Save game, reload game.  Wait for all initialization to end for the current mods, then save again and exit.

3) Uninstall all mods you disabled.

4) Open your save in Resaver and clean all the "Unattached Instances".  Undefined Elements is usually never the case.

5) Save and load the game.  Ensure it works. Then save again.

6) In Vortex, uninstall everything on Saya's List, then follow the guide exactly to reinstall and you MUST follow the order to eliminate any ongoing issues.

7) BodySlide and BodyTalk:  If you plan to do any pregnancy morphing, or cum morphing mods, you must set the body sliders to zero for both CBBE and BodyTalk 3.  Build your .nif, and build morphs. If you want a non-zeroed body for the Player, you can do that, rebuild the .nif, but do not rebuild the morphs.  The morphs from the zeroed will work on any body at that point.  Zeroed is the skinniest, so everything above zero will have properly morphed clothing.  *Side note:  AND THIS IS IMPORTANT -- NEVER EVER EDIT ANYTHING IN BODYSLIDE IF YOUR PLAYER or FOLLOWERS ARE MORPHED by an effect, such as cum or pregnancy. This will completely crash all other scripts morphing your characters as they use the last frame of reference to demorph. 

8 ) Load your game after resolving all conflicts in the ordering Saya mentions above.  Wait for AAF and all the others to initialize.  Usually about 5 real minutes and you'll be good. Save and exit.

Notes on the mods I use and have figured how to fix:

1) Family Planning Enhanced Redux: This has the Cumflation for pregnancy.  This works very well but is highly prone to the issues with LooksMenu and BodySlide changes.  However, I have tested this many times and talked with @Invictusblade and its not an issue with his mod.  The morphing works fine if you follow the guide.

2) Sex Attributes by @twistedtrebla: has morphing and it works fine with FPE.  If your character is visibly pregnant, like 6 months, and you get morphed by SA, you will see the cum morph for a few seconds, then it will revert to the FPE pregnancy morph.  Just don't mess with ANYTHING .  If it doesn't happen immediately, have PC sleep for an hour and it will return.

3) AAF_Violate seems to have no issues, but I will say as a side note, I do not use the CSA because it really gets confused with AAF Violate.  And to be honest, there's not much value to CSA unless you want the abduction, but Raider Pet is much more reliable for those interactions.  No offense to RSE, but its not being maintained. AAF Violate is the only mod you need and its superior to the others.

3) RSE Reproductive System Effects, can cause issues with FPE.  And to be honest, I don't see much value to this mod.  It doesn't really act at all consistent.

4) Cum Overlays Staged (Required by FPE and WLD) can sometimes cause your character to not look pregnant. It seems some of the overlays suppress the morph visual, and, that mod does not always remove the cum overlay.  You CAN go into LooksMenu using tfc and slm to remove ONLY the overlays. If you touch any other sliders, you are in for a hit or miss bug fest. EDIT: (from @Invictusblade "I should mention that my mods no longer requires this mod or CumWealth(I decided to go a different route in the latest update)") 

5) Raider Reform School:  This mod is awesome, but I have found sometimes the "active tats" to show a fertile or pregnant slave can interfere with the morphs.  Otherwise, no other issues.

Hope this helps!  I'm doing the reinstall on the new AAF now.

[MAJOR EDIT}

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT ever change timescale in the game with any type of morph mod.  It will break all scripts. 

One thing i should mention...

• 1) Disable in-game any mod that depends on LooksMenu, BodySlide, BodyTalk, or AAF that is NOT on Saya's list. (All the other non LL or AAF related mods should not be impacted)

NEVER touch the game's "Mods" manager in main menu. It can royally fuck shit up and disable mods/plugins when you run the game.

4 minutes ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

One thing i should mention...

• 1) Disable in-game any mod that depends on LooksMenu, BodySlide, BodyTalk, or AAF that is NOT on Saya's list. (All the other non LL or AAF related mods should not be impacted)

NEVER touch the game's "Mods" manager in main menu. It can royally fuck shit up and disable mods/plugins when you run the game.

Omg, totally forgot that one. I learned that lesson a while back.  It completely screws up load order just OPENING the Mods option.  Good catch ❤️

I meant MCM disables.  I'll edit the post :)

Edited by arkangyl
15 hours ago, jeff1972 said:

You always got to Be A Smart A** B**** ? If you think you are superior to others you are mistaken. full of your self, this guy ask for help and you are full of poison, why you get off on treating people like shit I will never understand, you must be a dim-wit snow flake. Oh and by the way your guide sucks ass and doesn't work. I found my problem (fo4 aff) by my self no thanks to any of your smart ass comments and the problem was your shit of a guide you so love.

First of all, they were nothing but cordial about it.

You are the one being a smart ass bitch and a cunt.

Second of all, it's not their guide, it's mine.

And if you think that it sucks ass and doesn't work, then that's a YOU problem. Read through all the posts and see how many people praise it. Or better yet, head over to the AAF Discord as well. Over 13 thousand people will tell you how much you're in the dark/wrong.

But anyway, you're free to say and/or think what you want. Free world and all that.

But you're just showing how immature you are and that you are incapable of reading instructions properly.

14 hours ago, arkangyl said:

Yes, LooksMenu 1.6.20 technically works and fixes the "Clothing" crash, but it does not allow morphs to work properly on male or female NPCs or PCs for several other mods.  For the most part, it breaks any belly morphing mods that rely on the Zeroed sliders scenario.   I use this specifically for the "LookMenu BodyPresets - Regular" so that the NPCs don't all have the same body, which is kinda boring.

I'd still like to figure out why this is. I too am installing my mods with Vortex and building the latest FG base body and all my outfits in BodySlide (with morphs) using the Zero Sliders preset (relying on BodyGen to vary NPC bodies in-game). Even though I'm using LM 1.6.20 I don't see any problems with pregnancy or cum inflation morphs in my playthroughs, so I'm curious what's different in my setup that the bug isn't manifesting at all.

When you say "it breaks any belly morphing mods" can you elaborate on which ones specifically (Family Planning, Sex Attributes, Rad Morphing Redux, something else) and what sort of breakage you're seeing (intermittent display of belly morphs, no belly morphs at all, wildly varying belly morphs, et cetera)? Further, is it affecting the player character, NPCs, or both? Only during sex scenes, just normal walking around, or in both cases?

Edited by vaultbait
16 hours ago, arkangyl said:

That morphing is precisely why the Fucking Manual specifies 1.6.18.

See here for some more detail.

3) Uninstall all mods you disabled.

4) Open your save in Resaver and clean all the "Unattached Instances".  Undefined Elements is usually never the case.

Aaaaaaand there we go.
I was otherwise "Hmm, fine" until that point.

A: removing mods and continuing a save is at best, incredibly risky. One of the only 'mods' you could remove mid-playthrough is F4SE plugins that have no in-game plugin or scripts.
B: Resaver specifically fucking states:

Fallout 4 Special Note!!!
Unattached Instances are a normal part of how Fallout 4 operates. I recommend you NOT clean them until I figure out how to distinguish between the ones that are still in use and the ones that are not.

Pinned post:

Spoiler

image.png.2a6b8265be6140b07adbba42fb513861.png

4) Cum Overlays Staged (Required by FPE and WLD) can sometimes cause your character to not look pregnant. It seems some of the overlays suppress the morph visual, and, that mod does not always remove the cum overlay.  You CAN go into LooksMenu using tfc and slm to remove ONLY the overlays. If you touch any other sliders, you are in for a hit or miss bug fest.

Assuming that's referring to my (Cum Overlays - Scripted Edition):
Would be nice to be notified, but it's likely not something I can do much about. To hazard a guess, likely something to do with how LM's applying the overlays it gets sent from AAF, and/or how it's updating the overlays/morphs.

Also the 'persistent overlays' thing is a recurring issue, has been since the previous XML-edited overlays, wherein the duration doesn't seem to always be set when it's sent to/received by LM, so it defaults it to 'no duration' which is 'permanent'.
Was (busy atm) adjusting the scripts a bit, might add a 'debug option' to it later for that express purpose (since it is a nuisance to need to go into LM to remove it, but a lot of people using it, myself included, use Wash Out That Cum anyway).

On 7/28/2021 at 6:17 AM, vaultbait said:

Still, I'd love to be able to figure out the source of the inconsistency, as that might point to the underlying culprit. Also the guide suggests that other morphs besides just dickmorphs are impacted, so maybe a reproducer of that would be a more effective route to getting the author's attention. I'm assuming the fact that I don't observe the problem probably means there's something either about my combination of mods or the performance of my gaming rig which causes it not to happen. I'm happy to try to compare and contrast details with others who are and aren't experiencing the issue in an attempt to get to the bottom of it.

Yeah, we'd love to fuckin nail it down as well, especially if we can then report it to Expired to fix.

It's especially painful when it's fine on a much more basic setup, but then breaks as you start adding shit and Papyrus starts getting bogged down.

LM's inconsistency is a giant goddamn pain in the ass, honestly.

2 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Yeah, we'd love to fuckin nail it down as well, especially if we can then report it to Expired to fix.

It's especially painful when it's fine on a much more basic setup, but then breaks as you start adding shit and Papyrus starts getting bogged down.

LM's inconsistency is a giant goddamn pain in the ass, honestly.

I'm frankly surprised it's not hitting me. I tend to play right around/at the 254 active plugin limit with another 60+ ESLs and ESL-flagged ESPs and an installed mod count well over 500. I start new playthroughs often, so don't have any really long-lived examples. I've also followed a lot of the optimization guides and have a number of stability and performance improving mods installed, but by necessity given the number of mods I'm using together. It might be that my computer is just powerful or well-tuned enough to not get as bogged down, but I do still see evidence of script lag show up in other ways so I'm not entirely convinced that's it either.

I'm stumped, really, and suspect the best shot at this point is to try and look for correlations in the largest sample size of users who are willing to provide at least anecdotal info about experiencing it or not.

17 hours ago, jeff1972 said:

You always got to Be A Smart A** B**** ? If you think you are superior to others you are mistaken. full of your self, this guy ask for help and you are full of poison, why you get off on treating people like shit I will never understand, you must be a dim-wit snow flake. Oh and by the way your guide sucks ass and doesn't work. I found my problem (fo4 aff) by my self no thanks to any of your smart ass comments and the problem was your shit of a guide you so love.

Hah.
The lack of self-awareness is astounding.

"If you think you are superior to others you are mistaken. full of your self, this guy ask for help and you are full of poison, why you get off on treating people like shit I will never understand, you must be a dim-wit snow flake."
Really now, let's see...
image.png.32c0ad80ef77beb6dec7ba1759284205.png
Oh look.
It's you (and me replying to you).
"Poison", you say?
You've been nothing but aggressive, passive-aggressive, and outright fucking rude, to the few people who did try to help you, and have provided nothing to help find and address your "issue" other than scream "no work!" or "guide wrong, sux".

You have quite literally done nothing but spew vitriol and attack everyone for your own incompetence, blaming everyone and everything but yourself and your own inability to follow basic, step-by-step, written instruction.

And you have the fucking gall to accuse Saya of being a 'snowflake', when every one of your posts to Lover's Lab has consisted solely of throwing "mod is broke" shit left and right?
Could you be any more childish?

Please, by all means, prove you know best, and post  exactly how you "fixed" it.

Go on.
Since you're clearly smarter than everyone else here. :smirk:

17 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

That morphing is precisely why the Fucking Manual specifies 1.6.18.

See here for some more detail.

Aaaaaaand there we go.
I was otherwise "Hmm, fine" until that point.

A: removing mods and continuing a save is at best, incredibly risky. One of the only 'mods' you could remove mid-playthrough is F4SE plugins that have no in-game plugin or scripts.
B: Resaver specifically fucking states:

Hiya :) Yep, I was responding to someone asking why 1.6.20 doesn't work for the mods I am currently running.  As far as resaver, I should have stated that I filter specifically on the mods I removed and then remove those unattached instances.  Pardon the omission.  I naturally assume that most people here understand how to use those more advanced tools.

And you are correct it is risky, so I always make a backup of the configurations before I do any of that.  Again, something I figure everyone would naturally do 

17 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Pinned post:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.2a6b8265be6140b07adbba42fb513861.png

Assuming that's referring to my (Cum Overlays - Scripted Edition?
Would be nice to be notified, but it's likely not something I can do much about. To hazard a guess, likely something to do with how LM's applying the overlays it gets sent from AAF, and/or how it's updating the overlays/morphs.

Also the 'persistent overlays' thing is a recurring issue, has been since the previous XML-edited overlays, wherein the duration doesn't seem to always be set when it's sent to/received by LM, so it defaults it to 'no duration' which is 'permanent'.
Was (busy atm) adjusting the scripts a bit, might add a 'debug option' to it later for that express purpose (since it is a nuisance to need to go into LM to remove it, but a lot of people using it, myself included, use Wash Out That Cum anyway).

Yes, I was using Scripted Edition.  And it works some times, but I think it gets bogged down when you have a gangbang and multiple cumoverlays happen.  My character had 15 persistent overlays, in addition to the Tat After Rape tattoos.  And another problem is when you change the game timescale when any activeeffect is on an NPC or the PC.

I do like the Cum Overlay mod and the different colours for the races.  But to your point, I think when you start adding in all these mods, they start to bog down the papyrus all together.   

However, I have been trying to find out what causes the breaking so the resaver path has worked if I do it in the exact order I mentioned above.  And Vortex is extremely good at restoring mods to a save after they've been disabled.

Here are the Mods I am running and they are all working exactly as planned after the new AAF:

-- Everything on this list from Saya with CBBE, BodyTalk 3.15 Hotfix, 
-- AAF_FPE 3.50 by INVB -- Does morphing for cum and pregnancy
-- AAF_V 164.0
-- AAF_Sex Em Up 1.10

-- Captive Tattoos
-- Commonwealth Captives v.0.96  -- Does morphing for pregnant slaves
-- DD 2.0.5
-- LM 1.6.18
-- Looks Menu Customization Compendium v10
-- Looks Menu BodyGen Presets- Regular
-- Oppai Milk Pasties -- Just mesh not ESP
-- Azar Ponytails
-- Prisoner Shackles 4.0 with Happiness Bonus
-- Raider Pet 1.4
-- Real Handcuffs 0.4.13
-- Rename Anything
-- Rogg DD Items Manager
-- RRS  CBBE 0.08
-- RRS Tattoos .10
-- Sex Education 1.2
-- Sex Attributes 2.5.1 -- Does Morphing for cum
-- Tattoo After Rape 1.1.1
-- Torture Devices 2.1.7
-- Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch
-- Wasteland Dairy Framework -- Does morphing for pregnancy

Just as an aside, I am a software developer by trade, so I have been trying to debug the CPP code for LooksMenu, but its a long slog.  Looks menu is colliding with the built in facial and hair change quests used in Diamond City for the surgeon and the barber.  Another annoying thing beyond words is sometimes, if you use SLM on the player, there is a 50/50 change you'll clip into the floor and be stuck, and even if you fast travel, or if you close and reload, you are forever stuck in that state.  So that's being embedded in the F4SE data.  And that really irks me when I spend a 30 minute session cleaning off cum overlays and adjusting my character.  Then boom! you're stuck in the world.

I hope no-one is taking any of this as criticism.  We all have day jobs, so all the work done here is awesome and appreciated ❤️

20 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I'd still like to figure out why this is. I too am installing my mods with Vortex and building the latest FG base body and all my outfits in BodySlide (with morphs) using the Zero Sliders preset (relying on BodyGen to vary NPC bodies in-game). Even though I'm using LM 1.6.20 I don't see any problems with pregnancy or cum inflation morphs in my playthroughs, so I'm curious what's different in my setup that the bug isn't manifesting at all.

When you say "it breaks any belly morphing mods" can you elaborate on which ones specifically (Family Planning, Sex Attributes, Rad Morphing Redux, something else) and what sort of breakage you're seeing (intermittent display of belly morphs, no belly morphs at all, wildly varying belly morphs, et cetera)? Further, is it affecting the player character, NPCs, or both? Only during sex scenes, just normal walking around, or in both cases?

Hi there :)

I tried 1.6.20 for a bit.  It breaks erections constantly on human males.  It keeps resetting the BodyTalk for some reason. All other erections are fine with non-humans.  I am using BodyGen as well to do the random bodies for NPCs.

And on "Breaks any belly morphing" -- it broke FPE morphs, Sex Attribute Morphs and Wasteland Dairy.  I'm not using any other mods that morph in game.  I tested resetting the morphs using the MCM for FPE and then did the manual function ResetMorph for Sex Attributes.  Then went in to readjust my player and LooksMenu stopped all morphing.  Had to uninstall and do Resaver to remove the references for those mods and then reinstall and they all worked again.

So, lesson learned, do not mess with LooksMenu in game for anything other than adjusting overlays.  What I do now is I have a preset for my player in Bodyslide.  So when I reinstall, I just reset CBBE and BT3 to Zeroed, build the .nifs then do the morphs.  After that, I rebuild the female .nif with my custom preset and voila, everything works.  Looks menu is fine in game for face, but body just gets all messed up.  and sometimes, it messes with BodyGen on the NPCs if you make a change to the player in game.  Like I adjusted my breasts in game, and all the NPCs breasts increased in addition to the random from BodyGen. haha.  I wish LM was as reliable was RaceMenu.  I never had issues with Racemenu.

3 hours ago, arkangyl said:

Hi there :)

I tried 1.6.20 for a bit.  It breaks erections constantly on human males.  It keeps resetting the BodyTalk for some reason. All other erections are fine with non-humans.  I am using BodyGen as well to do the random bodies for NPCs.

And on "Breaks any belly morphing" -- it broke FPE morphs, Sex Attribute Morphs and Wasteland Dairy.  I'm not using any other mods that morph in game.  I tested resetting the morphs using the MCM for FPE and then did the manual function ResetMorph for Sex Attributes.  Then went in to readjust my player and LooksMenu stopped all morphing.  Had to uninstall and do Resaver to remove the references for those mods and then reinstall and they all worked again.

So, lesson learned, do not mess with LooksMenu in game for anything other than adjusting overlays.  What I do now is I have a preset for my player in Bodyslide.  So when I reinstall, I just reset CBBE and BT3 to Zeroed, build the .nifs then do the morphs.  After that, I rebuild the female .nif with my custom preset and voila, everything works.  Looks menu is fine in game for face, but body just gets all messed up.  and sometimes, it messes with BodyGen on the NPCs if you make a change to the player in game.  Like I adjusted my breasts in game, and all the NPCs breasts increased in addition to the random from BodyGen. haha.  I wish LM was as reliable was RaceMenu.  I never had issues with Racemenu.

Very interesting. I get expected erection morphs with latest BodyTalk and LooksMenu 1.6.20, belly morphs work for me with FPER and SA (I don't use the moprhs from WDF because they tend to fight with other mods' morphs), and I frequently switch face/body presets or adjust sliders in-game with SLM without any trouble. There's got to be something extra in this equation.

Are you using latest FO4 runtime and latest F4SE? Are you running with Buffout 4 installed and have you enable the F4EE patch option in its config? Those are just the tip of the iceberg as possibilities go though...

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Very interesting. I get expected erection morphs with latest BodyTalk and LooksMenu 1.6.20, belly morphs work for me with FPER and SA (I don't use the moprhs from WDF because they tend to fight with other mods' morphs), and I frequently switch face/body presets or adjust sliders in-game with SLM without any trouble. There's got to be something extra in this equation.

Are you using latest FO4 runtime and latest F4SE? Are you running with Buffout 4 installed and have you enable the F4EE patch option in its config? Those are just the tip of the iceberg as possibilities go though...

Yep, I have all the latest.  I even cleaned all the master files for the base game.  And I just updated to the newest AAF and all that.  I did a complete cleansing and reinstall of all mods, so I'm going to test this evening to see if I can create the events.  It may be I just have too many mods with unknown incompatibilities.  I tried to stick mostly to the stuff on Saya's list, other than some HUD and workshop mods from Nexus.  And of course the Unofficial Fallout Patch.

The SA and FPER work fine together.  Your PC or NPC may be pregnant, SA will cumflate and mess with the FPER morph, then it goes back to the pregnancy morph.  No issues there.  WLD morphs are only for breasts for milking, but INVB fixed that in his latest WLD patch.  And the breast control always worked for my player.

But, I did change timescale in the game from 20 to 6, I wasn't really thinking, but I'm running a "nocturnal build" for my player, so I wanted night to last longer.  I've set the timescale back to default.  I really think that was probably my problem.  One thing they dont tell you is unlike all the other game settings, timescale persists from save to save.  Some others do not, like Jumpheight and all that.

I'll let you know if this fixed my issues ❤️

On 7/27/2021 at 4:17 PM, vaultbait said:

Thanks for the background, and I completely understand the hesitancy. As someone who does collaborative software development for a living I'll readily admit that my C++ is fairly terrible as well (my K&R C is probably far better than my C++ to this day, and that's not saying much). Depending on mostly abandoned software is equally as dodgy as depending on old and unsupported versions.

Still, I'd love to be able to figure out the source of the inconsistency, as that might point to the underlying culprit. Also the guide suggests that other morphs besides just dickmorphs are impacted, so maybe a reproducer of that would be a more effective route to getting the author's attention. I'm assuming the fact that I don't observe the problem probably means there's something either about my combination of mods or the performance of my gaming rig which causes it not to happen. I'm happy to try to compare and contrast details with others who are and aren't experiencing the issue in an attempt to get to the bottom of it.

But yes, ultimately FO4 being proprietary software makes it an inscrutable black box we all end up guessing around, and seemingly deterministic processes can still be sufficiently chaotic to thwart all logic when we don't really know what it's doing under the covers.

To follow up on what @Nebuchadnezzer2 was saying in his answer to you.  LooksMenu 1.6.20 works inconsistently with everyone.  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with whether or not you have the Creation Kit installed.  A lot of issues I started having was after I installed creation kit.  It may be legacy scripts in the mod packages that are being pulled in from the User folder.  I know this sounds weird, but I have seen creation kit interfer with the game and what mods and files it loads.  I'm going to test this theory by uninstalling CK this weekend, start from a clean save and try to recreate problems that I've mentioned.

Also, has anyone tried manipulating the menu via the DiamondCity quest for the surgeon?  I need to test, but because the slm command is a core function and maybe LooksMenu is competing with it.  I say this because I have to draw a weapon before I can get out of the slm mode, even after I say "accept character".  I would like to get away from looks menu with something more refined.  The way it is laid out is kind of confusing.  No offense to the mod author. Its an awesome achievement, but it really needs some TLC since this community is still so big right now.

1 hour ago, arkangyl said:

I tried to stick mostly to the stuff on Saya's list, other than some HUD and workshop mods from Nexus.  And of course the Unofficial Fallout Patch.

Yeah, I'm using the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch too, and Active Effects on HUD as my only major HUD addition.

I guess one thing worth noting is that the only animation patch mod I use is Staged Leito Plus Erection Fix (so no UAP, no Indarello's, et cetera). While I could see that having some intermittent impact on erection morphs, it wouldn't explain belly morphs failing to apply though.

6 hours ago, arkangyl said:

Pardon the omission.  I naturally assume that most people here understand how to use those more advanced tools.

And you are correct it is risky, so I always make a backup of the configurations before I do any of that.  Again, something I figure everyone would naturally do 

"To Assume makes an Ass of 'u' and 'me'" and all that.
In theory, yes, people would be aware of that, but given how many people we get here/in the Discord who fail to properly read F4SE's Readme.txt and mis-install it...
Yeah, there's a reason I always include things like that.
And even a well-versed/more experienced user can skim over/forget details like that, too.

Regardless, appreciate you adding the note in your original comment about ReSaver.

6 hours ago, arkangyl said:

Yes, I was using Scripted Edition.  And it works some times, but I think it gets bogged down when you have a gangbang and multiple cumoverlays happen.  My character had 15 persistent overlays, in addition to the Tat After Rape tattoos.  And another problem is when you change the game timescale when any activeeffect is on an NPC or the PC.

I do like the Cum Overlay mod and the different colours for the races.  But to your point, I think when you start adding in all these mods, they start to bog down the papyrus all together.   

However, I have been trying to find out what causes the breaking so the resaver path has worked if I do it in the exact order I mentioned above.  And Vortex is extremely good at restoring mods to a save after they've been disabled.

Yeah, that sort of 'inconsistency', as you saw me mention to Vaultbait, is a right pain in the fucking ass.
It's honestly one of the reasons I kind of just lost interest in further developing my mod. I wanted a more 'problem-free' experience, and while it's alright on a more 'minimalistic' setup, even on my usual setup, it's finicky/inconsistent, and lacking the programming background/knowledge required to dig further into it just put me off (well, plus getting overwhelmed/pushing myself a bit hard to expand/alter things like the colourations, but still).

Been busy, but wanna finish reworkin my script(s) and add/tweak a few things, kinda 'future-proof' it a little, add one or two things.
Tangentially: been interested in/self-learning bits and pieces here and there for my own purposes, for a decade or more, whether digging in HTML to properly block shit via uBlock Origin/uMatrix, or scraping together some C# know-how for a Space Engineers script (adjusting an existing one), or my own channel-scraping Discord.py bot.
Finally been trying to do a bit of 'formal qualification' and learn fundamentals necessary, but it's also a right pain when my brain refuses to cooperate/isn't interested.
Anyway, I digress.

7 hours ago, arkangyl said:

Just as an aside, I am a software developer by trade, so I have been trying to debug the CPP code for LooksMenu, but its a long slog.  Looks menu is colliding with the built in facial and hair change quests used in Diamond City for the surgeon and the barber.

You, and half the quality mod authors, it seems :joy:

As I like to put it:
"Never underestimate an annoyed/irritated programmer..."

And if you're digging into LM's code, might be worth sending @EgoBallistic a DM about it.
To quote him on it a while back, when I was looking over LM's code myself a bit:
"I have looked at it, it's headache inducing"

So at least it's equally painful for everyone else to look at! :sweat_smile:

Another annoying thing beyond words is sometimes, if you use SLM on the player, there is a 50/50 change you'll clip into the floor and be stuck, and even if you fast travel, or if you close and reload, you are forever stuck in that state.  So that's being embedded in the F4SE data.  And that really irks me when I spend a 30 minute session cleaning off cum overlays and adjusting my character.  Then boom! you're stuck in the world.

That, I haven't really heard of...

I do know it can be weird sometimes if you're using the console to enter the LooksMenu in first/third person at times, but that's really it, to my knowledge.
And that I've gotten 'round with a nice `coc sanctuaryext`

I need to test, but because the slm command is a core function and maybe LooksMenu is competing with it.  I say this because I have to draw a weapon before I can get out of the slm mode, even after I say "accept character". 

That's what I've run into, zooming into first-person/getting a weapon drawn/using `coc` usually solves that one, far as I'm aware. No idea why it happens in the first damn place, other than maybe it's not properly removing/re-enabling input layers until you zoom into first-person/get the game/UI to reload.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with whether or not you have the Creation Kit installed.  A lot of issues I started having was after I installed creation kit.  It may be legacy scripts in the mod packages that are being pulled in from the User folder.  I know this sounds weird, but I have seen creation kit interfer with the game and what mods and files it loads.  I'm going to test this theory by uninstalling CK this weekend, start from a clean save and try to recreate problems that I've mentioned.

Would be curious to hear how that goes.
Seems unlikely, but I wouldn't put it past Bethesda...

I hope no-one is taking any of this as criticism.  We all have day jobs, so all the work done here is awesome and appreciated ❤️ 

Nah, you've been quite nice and open about any critiques/concerns, and explained things pretty well from your perspective, so no problems here.

I usually save my "spicer moods" for people being dickheads, and even then it's usually not worth it :sweat_smile:

On 7/29/2021 at 9:42 AM, maddadicusrex said:

It is the All In One, AAF VANILLA, KINKY, CREATURE ANIMATIONS THEMES. You can find it on LL.

Really appreciate the reply. I found it, installed it, loaded the game and shit on myself when I seen it was actually working. After trying to get animations to work for about 6 months (on and off) this is exciting!!! I know it's only the beginning but it's nice to finally make headway. Thanks to everyone on here that are experienced and willing to help others. 

37 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

"To Assume makes an Ass of 'u' and 'me'" and all that.
In theory, yes, people would be aware of that, but given how many people we get here/in the Discord who fail to properly read F4SE's Readme.txt and mis-install it...
Yeah, there's a reason I always include things like that.
And even a well-versed/more experienced user can skim over/forget details like that, too.

Regardless, appreciate you adding the note in your original comment about ReSaver.

Yeah, that sort of 'inconsistency', as you saw me mention to Vaultbait, is a right pain in the fucking ass.
It's honestly one of the reasons I kind of just lost interest in further developing my mod. I wanted a more 'problem-free' experience, and while it's alright on a more 'minimalistic' setup, even on my usual setup, it's finicky/inconsistent, and lacking the programming background/knowledge required to dig further into it just put me off (well, plus getting overwhelmed/pushing myself a bit hard to expand/alter things like the colourations, but still).

Been busy, but wanna finish reworkin my script(s) and add/tweak a few things, kinda 'future-proof' it a little, add one or two things.
Tangentially: been interested in/self-learning bits and pieces here and there for my own purposes, for a decade or more, whether digging in HTML to properly block shit via uBlock Origin/uMatrix, or scraping together some C# know-how for a Space Engineers script (adjusting an existing one), or my own channel-scraping Discord.py bot.
Finally been trying to do a bit of 'formal qualification' and learn fundamentals necessary, but it's also a right pain when my brain refuses to cooperate/isn't interested.
Anyway, I digress.

You, and half the quality mod authors, it seems :joy:

As I like to put it:
"Never underestimate an annoyed/irritated programmer..."

And if you're digging into LM's code, might be worth sending @EgoBallistic a DM about it.
To quote him on it a while back, when I was looking over LM's code myself a bit:
"I have looked at it, it's headache inducing"

So at least it's equally painful for everyone else to look at! :sweat_smile:

That, I haven't really heard of...

I do know it can be weird sometimes if you're using the console to enter the LooksMenu in first/third person at times, but that's really it, to my knowledge.
And that I've gotten 'round with a nice `coc sanctuaryext`

That's what I've run into, zooming into first-person/getting a weapon drawn/using `coc` usually solves that one, far as I'm aware. No idea why it happens in the first damn place, other than maybe it's not properly removing/re-enabling input layers until you zoom into first-person/get the game/UI to reload.

Would be curious to hear how that goes.
Seems unlikely, but I wouldn't put it past Bethesda...

Nah, you've been quite nice and open about any critiques/concerns, and explained things pretty well from your perspective, so no problems here.

I usually save my "spicer moods" for people being dickheads, and even then it's usually not worth it :sweat_smile:

❤️ These are awesome observations and very helpful.  And I try not to be a bitch.  I know we all just want to have fun :)

LooksMenu is definitely the culprit. What I found tonight is that if you do the CBBE Zeroed, then go into looksmenu you will see that the sliders are not zeroed. I need to take a screen shot.  One slider was not even on the slider, it was off to the right well off the menu!  So my theory is that the new BodySlide, because they just updated it a few times, is not compatible with the old LooksMenu.  It seems as if variable sizes have changed.  So, they may have had "Butt" as a number between 0-100, then bodyslide changed it to 0-200.  Not sure but I'll keep digging.  

I did look at the C++ code and I agree with @EgoBallistic.   It made my head hurt trying to figure what in the actual heck was going on in that code.  That's a big ole nope haha.  I am a C# programmer these days, I have no real use for low-level languages like CPP anymore.  Like I said, I commend the effort, but someone needs to really spend time on that to make it as stable as RaceMenu.  I used all of the Skyrim tools and I never had any of the problems we're having with LooksMenu, tbh.  I'm going to see how BethSoft implemented it in the Barber and Surgeon Quests.  We might be able to adjust that script to do what we want and eliminate LM all together.  Unless the author of LM wants to continue.  Idk.  

:)❤️

1 hour ago, soileau said:

Really appreciate the reply. I found it, installed it, loaded the game and shit on myself when I seen it was actually working. After trying to get animations to work for about 6 months (on and off) this is exciting!!! I know it's only the beginning but it's nice to finally make headway. Thanks to everyone on here that are experienced and willing to help others. 

It's one of the first links in the guide.. sigh

2 hours ago, arkangyl said:

What I found tonight is that if you do the CBBE Zeroed, then go into looksmenu you will see that the sliders are not zeroed.

I use FG rather than CBBE, but I've seen this happen if the BodyGen config isn't set to exclude the player ID.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I use FG rather than CBBE, but I've seen this happen if the BodyGen config isn't set to exclude the player ID.

Yes precisely. I figured that out tonight.  It is an effect due to the doppelganger principle all the mods are using. I think I may have the answers, I need maybe 7 or 5 days to recommend a solution. I just did a clean save restart then loaded all the new versions according to @Saya_Scarlett Guide.  Give me til sunday morning to test.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

And Sorry, I am back at the same problem where NPCs morph, cum or otherwise, but player does not.  however, i test the hypothesis, I used LM to change my body in game.  Totally broke all morphing scripts for player. I think I know why.  I need a few days to investigate.

9 hours ago, arkangyl said:

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with whether or not you have the Creation Kit installed.  A lot of issues I started having was after I installed creation kit.  It may be legacy scripts in the mod packages that are being pulled in from the User folder.

No.  The CK doesn't include compiled scripts, and nothing that gets installed with the CK loads in game.

9 hours ago, arkangyl said:

Also, has anyone tried manipulating the menu via the DiamondCity quest for the surgeon?  I need to test, but because the slm command is a core function and maybe LooksMenu is competing with it.

LooksMenu doesn't compete with it, it's the exact same menu.  Looksmenu modifies the game engine's existing chargen code and the SWF menu interface for it.  Whether you access it in console with SLM, via the barber chair, the surgery center, the LooksMirror mod, etc, it's all the same code under the covers.  Papyrus Scripts can restrict the available options to hair, face paint, etc, by using different arguments to the ShowRaceMenu() function that opens it, but it's always the same menu.

2 hours ago, VicMackey said:

Is there a guide like this for skyrim se i remember i tried to install aaf for skyrim as well and i failed as usual.

I need guidance for skyrim se aaf.

Skyrim doesn't use AAF it uses Sexlab, so best to ask in that forum